Home
Posted By: deflave Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I do believe they got that whole perfection thing nailed down.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: ErniesSalad Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
They is nice.

Looks like been cleaning some rim with those brushes..
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I only have one, a G45 I purchased last year on the Blue Label program. I do like the feel without the finger grooves and I really like the beveled nose on those things.....
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I've got the Gen 5 26 and 19, and I'm in agreement with you on the Gen 5.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I have a Gen 5, 17 and agree. My biggest issue with Glocks has been the grip and trigger. They slimmed the grip in recent Gens and I Iearned the trigger without shooting left. All told, I prefer them to most other plastic pistols. They still ain't a revolver but for protection, they are hard to beat.
Posted By: deflave Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
Yeah. They are just really good guns and well thought out in my opinion.

Not saying others aren't but I've really come to love the new Glocks.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I've always preferred Gen 2 pistols over the 3 and later finger-groove frames.

One of my sons got issued a Gen 5 G17, which I've shot a little to 50 yards. Good accurate pistol bit it had the chittiest OEM trigger I've ever felt on a Glock.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
Originally Posted by Caballo
They is nice.

It took them long enough, I wonder what they will come up with next to improve 'Perfection'. I use old toothbrushes instead of wasting money on "specialized" toothbrushes.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
Yes, the G5 Glucks are the best to date, IMO, but I would have just as soon kept the finger grooves; but the only one I have is a 19x.

Doesn't matter, there will be no more Glucks in my stable.................S&W's & Sig's work better for my taste & feel. But I also won't be selling all my other Glucks either...........nothing wrong with any of them, just like other mousetraps better.

MM
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
Just picked up my first Gen 5 yesterday, a G17. Liking the ergos and the trigger on this one isn't bad at all.

Loaded up 6 mags for it last night with Win Ranger SXT 127 +P+. 6 more mags coming Tues that I'll load up with FMJ for the range.

Originally Posted by Slavek
They is nice.

It took them long enough, I wonder what they will come up with next to improve 'Perfection'. I use old toothbrushes instead of wasting money on "specialized" toothbrushes.

You wouldn't know a Glock from a vagina.
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I've always preferred Gen 2 pistols over the 3 and later finger-groove frames.

One of my sons got issued a Gen 5 G17, which I've shot a little to 50 yards. Good accurate pistol bit it had the chittiest OEM trigger I've ever felt on a Glock.

You might need new hands because you're the first person I've heard of claiming that.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Just picked up my first Gen 5 yesterday, a G17. Liking the ergos and the trigger on this one isn't bad at all.

Loaded up 6 mags for it last night with Win Ranger SXT 127 +P+. 6 more mags coming Tues that I'll load up with FMJ for the range.

Winning.

Try some 147's if you have any.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I shot a Gen 5...and I liked it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Winning.

Try some 147's if you have any.

Thanks. Will do. I've got some Federal 147's.
They is nice.

You wouldn't know a Glock from a vagina.

I had one since mid 1990s. The only practical difference between newest ones and old is that new ones are ambidextrous. This is of no consequence to right-handed shooter. I enjoy reading posts where Glock guys get excited over nothing.

I had one since mid 1990s.

Mmmmm, nope.

You haven't.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I am just wondering where the VIDEOS are. Where are them videos? The Elite of the Illuminated Illuminati should post some videos of the Miraculose Farce 9MM pummelling something in a pummeled way. Fiercely slinging round after round of the Atomic 9MM ammo vaporizing something worth vaporizing.
He who can shoot should show all of us unworthies how the Gen 5 can shuck them out laying down a line of fire that would make us have the trembling trembles.
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
I am just wondering where the VIDEOS are. Where are them videos? The Elite of the Illuminated Illuminati should post some videos of the Miraculose Farce 9MM pummelling something in a pummeled way. Fiercely slinging round after round of the Atomic 9MM ammo vaporizing something worth vaporizing.
He who can shoot should show all of us unworthies how the Gen 5 can shuck them out laying down a line of fire that would make us have the trembling trembles.

Dufus,

It's out of your price range.

Regardless of Gen.

Dufus,

Regardless of Gen.

Don't need to pay premium for 'Glock'. There are plenty of striker fired guns with plastic frames. In terms of quality vs. value I would bet on something from Turkey. They have very modern and capable arms industry using latest technology and quality materials. Canik comes to mind. Please don't forget they also make nice leather goods, fruit preserves, wool rugs and pomegranate juice. It is no secret that Turkey is one of my favorite foreign countries.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/26/20
I like gen 4 but never had a 5.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20

Dufus,

Regardless of Gen.

Flave you have a PM
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Buddy picked up a Gen 5 G19 right before all the covid crap started. I got to shoot it, very nice pistol! Prices have gone up and I'm a cheap bastid, so don't have one yet!
Posted By: smallfry Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Flave is that a 19 MOS at top? I wouldn’t mind a 19 MOS Gen 5. How is that barrel?
Posted By: deflave Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Originally Posted by smallfry
Flave is that a 19 MOS at top? I wouldn’t mind a 19 MOS Gen 5. How is that barrel?

34, 17, 44 from top to bottom.

I don’t think I could outshoot the barrel on either of the 9’s.

Maybe on the 22. Grin...
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Where are the videos of the Miraculouse event? I are heaving in anticipation of the anticipated miracle. Let the videos come. We are prepared to witness greatness in videoed form.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
I got a Gen 5 G19 a few months back. I like it a lot. I need to pick up a kydex IWB. Leather IWB is pulling moisture through in summer weather.

Posted By: kingston Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Anyone handled a Shadow Systems MR920 Combat?

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/product/mr920-combat/

[Linked Image from shadowsystemscorp.com]
Posted By: kingston Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Clark,

How’s the G44.

Is all the hate on the internet BS?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20

I had one since mid 1990s.

Mmmmm, nope.

You haven't.

This is great stuff...
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
Do you have the new work gun yet?
Posted By: TWR Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
I’ve mostly switched from M&P’s to Glocks due to the changes in the gen 5’s. Right now I’ve got 3 of each but I haven’t carried an M&P since I bought my 19 and got 500 rounds through it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
I am with you MM, SIG and others have made a better mousetrap, the sig320 trigger in the x carry gun is very good, the p365 triggers are very good. Having tried gen 5 triggers at the LGS, I did not feel any marked improvement over the gen 4 trigger, i.e. it breaks and then slams into the backwall resulting in less than optimal condition when the bullet leaves the case. Just my opinion, if covid crap was not here I would rent one and try it.
Originally Posted by kingston
Clark,

How’s the G44.

Is all the hate on the internet BS?

In my opinion yes.

I have had no issues with mine at all and I can use the same holsters and rig as my others on the range.

Love it.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am with you MM, SIG and others have made a better mousetrap, the sig320 trigger in the x carry gun is very good, the p365 triggers are very good. Having tried gen 5 triggers at the LGS, I did not feel any marked improvement over the gen 4 trigger, i.e. it breaks and then slams into the backwall resulting in less than optimal condition when the bullet leaves the case. Just my opinion, if covid crap was not here I would rent one and try it.

While I agree that Sig triggers are great, I don't think dry firing a Glock at the gun counter provides much info.
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Do you have the new work gun yet?

I don't work.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
I bought a Gen 5 17 and it fits me better than my Gen4 31, but my favorite is the G4 21.
Posted By: McClura Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/27/20
I had a little time to burn a couple of weeks back before meeting a friend for lunch and thought I would hit a couple of gun shops. I have been wanting a Glock after having one of the first Glock 40cal. that came out years ago. Walked into a small shop and the owner was just unpacking two Glocks and putting them in the show case. He had a 43x and a mdl 48. The shop owner said he had waited a month for these. Everyone is buying them up with the Covid19 mess.
I had been reading about the 43X and asked to see it. It fit my hand like a glove. I haven't paid too much attention to all of the different models of Glocks for years but this peeked my interest.
He said if I bought that 43X he would throw in a 15 Round Shield Arms magazine that had just came out. I was sort of on the fence about the pistol and he told me that if I didn't get it, it would be gone before the end of the day. We finally struck a deal and I was out the door. I really like the feel, and slim shape. I'm not one for all of the high capacity magazines due to the weight but the 15 round mag wasn't so bad. I have put about 200 rounds through it so far and it is a dream to shoot. I had been carrying my Walther for several years and how I have two good carry guns to decide on when I leave the house.
Mike

Attached picture fullsizeoutput_23c.jpeg
McLura,

That 43 is on my radar.

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
We must have a VIDEO of it as it is used to pummel the pummeled. As the minuscule atomic hand held cannon is touched off and the mushroom cloud is sent skyward the people round about will know the Miraculose Farce has been unleashed.
People will run screaming take cover it is bigger than large and larger than huge. Woe unto us we are doomed.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
We must have a VIDEO of it as it is used to pummel the pummeled. As the minuscule atomic hand held cannon is touched off and the mushroom cloud is sent skyward the people round about will know the Miraculose Farce has been unleashed.
People will run screaming take cover it is bigger than large and larger than huge. Woe unto us we are doomed.

Why are you here? What is your point?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Why are you here? What is your point?

A parody of gunswizard is all I can come up with
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
The 43 , 43x and the other compact 9x19 that takes the shield 15 round aftermarket mags (48?) are REAL nice. Glock got a home run ......again.

Bob
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown
The 43 , 43x and the other compact 9x19 that takes the shield 15 round aftermarket mags (48?) are REAL nice. Glock got a home run ......again.

Bob

Only because of Shield.

A blind man could see the wasted space and the potential with a thinner bodied mag.
Slimmer grip, same capacity. Perfection? Close. Perceptive? No F'n way!

Those guns would have withered and died without the aftermarket.
Single stacks when the competition was making thing like the 365.

Before anyone even goes there, I like Glocks. All the competition has just
managed to find some ways to beat them.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Glock made the 48 a 10rd gun for a reason. The same reason they increased the barrel length slightly over the 19. It makes them saleable in states that have reduced capacity laws and also makes them legal to sell in Canada without alterations.
Posted By: deflave Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Bob

Only because of Shield.

A blind man could see the wasted space and the potential with a thinner bodied mag.

Do you have a Gen 5 Glock?
Posted By: gunzo Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20

I've never seen a 17 with a short dust cover on the frame like this. Checked out the Glock web site & it's not shown there as well.

Something new?? Whatever, I like like it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by McClura
I had a little time to burn a couple of weeks back before meeting a friend for lunch and thought I would hit a couple of gun shops. I have been wanting a Glock after having one of the first Glock 40cal. that came out years ago. Walked into a small shop and the owner was just unpacking two Glocks and putting them in the show case. He had a 43x and a mdl 48. The shop owner said he had waited a month for these. Everyone is buying them up with the Covid19 mess.
I had been reading about the 43X and asked to see it. It fit my hand like a glove. I haven't paid too much attention to all of the different models of Glocks for years but this peeked my interest.
He said if I bought that 43X he would throw in a 15 Round Shield Arms magazine that had just came out. I was sort of on the fence about the pistol and he told me that if I didn't get it, it would be gone before the end of the day. We finally struck a deal and I was out the door. I really like the feel, and slim shape. I'm not one for all of the high capacity magazines due to the weight but the 15 round mag wasn't so bad. I have put about 200 rounds through it so far and it is a dream to shoot. I had been carrying my Walther for several years and how I have two good carry guns to decide on when I leave the house.
Mike

I bought the exact same gun as soon as Glock started making them available in all black. Oddly, it was the first Glock I've ever shot that consistently gave me slide bite. My 43 doesn't do that. In fact I have quite a few Glocks, and none of them do. I loved the concept, but the consistent slide bite was a deal breaker for me, and I sold it at a loss due to a misunderstanding with the gun shop on what I was asking for it on consignment. He tagged it in his glass case the price that I told him I wanted out of it instead of adding the store's 15% to what I wanted out of it. Someone got a real bargain, and I got ripped off due to a stupid gun store clerk.

Anyway, it appears that most folks don't get slide bite from this gun, so likely you won't either.
Originally Posted by gunzo

I've never seen a 17 with a short dust cover on the frame like this. Checked out the Glock web site & it's not shown there as well.

I hadn't either.

Me too.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I bought the exact same gun as soon as Glock started making them available in all black. Oddly, it was the first Glock I've ever shot that consistently gave me slide bite. My 43 doesn't do that. In fact I have quite a few Glocks, and none of them do. I loved the concept, but the consistent slide bite was a deal breaker for me, and I sold it at a loss due to a misunderstanding with the gun shop on what I was asking for it on consignment. He tagged it in his glass case the price that I told him I wanted out of it instead of adding the store's 15% to what I wanted out of it. Someone got a real bargain, and I got ripped off due to a stupid gun store clerk.

Anyway, it appears that most folks don't get slide bite from this gun, so likely you won't either.

I've always gotten slide bit from Glocks.

The beavertails have eliminated the problem. For me.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
The 43X is a tight little package with the 15 rd Shield mags. I'm happy with my 365 xl's, though.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by gunzo

Looks like the border patrol only g47 , would also like to know . Maybe they are using those parts for 17s now , would allow dropping a 19 slide on
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Ready for some other calibers in Gen5 guise.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
As he ran up and down the range loudly exclaiming I HAVE BEEN BITTEN, I HAVE BEEN BITTEN. OH WOE IS ME I HAVE BEEN BITTEN. QUICKLY CALL 911 OR I SHALL SURELY PASS INTO OBLIVION.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
When shot on indoor range 10MM Glock with PMC ball makes a very satisfying ball of flame.
The only difference guns shown have from mine are: front slide serrations, reversable safety with larger button, ambi slide stop, traditionally rifled barrel. Starting with Gen 4 full size guns have dual recoil spring system. I shot both Gen 3 and Gen 4 and didn't detect any difference. I like when Glock guys get excited over things that really don't make any difference.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
When shot on indoor range 10MM Glock with PMC ball makes a very satisfying ball of flame.
The only difference guns shown have from mine are: front slide serrations, reversable safety with larger button, ambi slide stop, traditionally rifled barrel. Starting with Gen 4 full size guns have dual recoil spring system. I shot both Gen 3 and Gen 4 and didn't detect any difference. I like when Glock guys get excited over things that really don't make any difference.

Safety?
Posted By: Slavek Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by MOGC

Safety?

Very small lot of early guns had safety lever similar to selector on G18. I meant magazine release button.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/28/20
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Bob

Only because of Shield.

Do you have a Gen 5 Glock?

Nope. Only have 1. A 19 from 1997. Don't even know what Gen it is.

The 10 round limit some places, are decent point.
Except the 19 has been sold for a long time that way when/where necessary.

My point, why in the heck couldn t they see the wasted space with the plastic cladding
on the mags. It's a good solid design, no doubt.

But, when the biggest complaint is the size of your products grip. And the fact that
individual buyers will buy on feel, it obvious.

To Shield, once the single stack guns were made.
Not to Glock.

I described these exact guns several years ago on a Gun Wish List thread.
Specifying a High Power type mag or just a staggered but not double stack.
And using a 9mm duty slide instead of a 40 capable one a la G30s vs G30.

Must have been a terrible idea?
Posted By: coobie Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/29/20
My Glock 43x has turned into my everyday carry gun.Purchased a Glock 20 sf gen 4 shoots great also.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/30/20
I have a early G19 gen 5. Put a little over 6 or 700 rounds through it. Mines early enough it has the missmatched dust cover at the end of the slide thing going and the Half moon cuttout on the front strap everyone hates

. I put Trijicon HD night sights on it with the orange front sight. Love the Trijicon sights.

So far it's been reliable and the finish is holding up to CCW.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/30/20
Just got Trijicon HD XR night sights delivered yesterday for my new Gen 5 G17. Best price and One-day turnaround ordering them from Trijicon off Amazon.

Have the same sights on my G21 and G19. Love them.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Gen 5 Glocks - 07/30/20

Bob

More like an Alley Oop than a Home run, but I can see where you are going.
© 24hourcampfire