Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
We must have a VIDEO of it as it is used to pummel the pummeled. As the minuscule atomic hand held cannon is touched off and the mushroom cloud is sent skyward the people round about will know the Miraculose Farce has been unleashed.
People will run screaming take cover it is bigger than large and larger than huge. Woe unto us we are doomed.

Why are you here? What is your point?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
We must have a VIDEO of it as it is used to pummel the pummeled. As the minuscule atomic hand held cannon is touched off and the mushroom cloud is sent skyward the people round about will know the Miraculose Farce has been unleashed.
People will run screaming take cover it is bigger than large and larger than huge. Woe unto us we are doomed.

Why are you here? What is your point?

A parody of gunswizard is all I can come up with

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The 43 , 43x and the other compact 9x19 that takes the shield 15 round aftermarket mags (48?) are REAL nice. Glock got a home run ......again.

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
The 43 , 43x and the other compact 9x19 that takes the shield 15 round aftermarket mags (48?) are REAL nice. Glock got a home run ......again.

Bob

Only because of Shield.

A blind man could see the wasted space and the potential with a thinner bodied mag.
Slimmer grip, same capacity. Perfection? Close. Perceptive? No F'n way!

Those guns would have withered and died without the aftermarket.
Single stacks when the competition was making thing like the 365.

Before anyone even goes there, I like Glocks. All the competition has just
managed to find some ways to beat them.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Glock made the 48 a 10rd gun for a reason. The same reason they increased the barrel length slightly over the 19. It makes them saleable in states that have reduced capacity laws and also makes them legal to sell in Canada without alterations.

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Bob

Only because of Shield.

A blind man could see the wasted space and the potential with a thinner bodied mag.

Do you have a Gen 5 Glock?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by deflave
I do believe they got that whole perfection thing nailed down.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've never seen a 17 with a short dust cover on the frame like this. Checked out the Glock web site & it's not shown there as well.

Something new?? Whatever, I like like it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by McClura
I had a little time to burn a couple of weeks back before meeting a friend for lunch and thought I would hit a couple of gun shops. I have been wanting a Glock after having one of the first Glock 40cal. that came out years ago. Walked into a small shop and the owner was just unpacking two Glocks and putting them in the show case. He had a 43x and a mdl 48. The shop owner said he had waited a month for these. Everyone is buying them up with the Covid19 mess.
I had been reading about the 43X and asked to see it. It fit my hand like a glove. I haven't paid too much attention to all of the different models of Glocks for years but this peeked my interest.
He said if I bought that 43X he would throw in a 15 Round Shield Arms magazine that had just came out. I was sort of on the fence about the pistol and he told me that if I didn't get it, it would be gone before the end of the day. We finally struck a deal and I was out the door. I really like the feel, and slim shape. I'm not one for all of the high capacity magazines due to the weight but the 15 round mag wasn't so bad. I have put about 200 rounds through it so far and it is a dream to shoot. I had been carrying my Walther for several years and how I have two good carry guns to decide on when I leave the house.
Mike

I bought the exact same gun as soon as Glock started making them available in all black. Oddly, it was the first Glock I've ever shot that consistently gave me slide bite. My 43 doesn't do that. In fact I have quite a few Glocks, and none of them do. I loved the concept, but the consistent slide bite was a deal breaker for me, and I sold it at a loss due to a misunderstanding with the gun shop on what I was asking for it on consignment. He tagged it in his glass case the price that I told him I wanted out of it instead of adding the store's 15% to what I wanted out of it. Someone got a real bargain, and I got ripped off due to a stupid gun store clerk.

Anyway, it appears that most folks don't get slide bite from this gun, so likely you won't either.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunzo

I've never seen a 17 with a short dust cover on the frame like this. Checked out the Glock web site & it's not shown there as well.

I hadn't either.

Me too.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I bought the exact same gun as soon as Glock started making them available in all black. Oddly, it was the first Glock I've ever shot that consistently gave me slide bite. My 43 doesn't do that. In fact I have quite a few Glocks, and none of them do. I loved the concept, but the consistent slide bite was a deal breaker for me, and I sold it at a loss due to a misunderstanding with the gun shop on what I was asking for it on consignment. He tagged it in his glass case the price that I told him I wanted out of it instead of adding the store's 15% to what I wanted out of it. Someone got a real bargain, and I got ripped off due to a stupid gun store clerk.

Anyway, it appears that most folks don't get slide bite from this gun, so likely you won't either.

I've always gotten slide bit from Glocks.

The beavertails have eliminated the problem. For me.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The 43X is a tight little package with the 15 rd Shield mags. I'm happy with my 365 xl's, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
I do believe they got that whole perfection thing nailed down.

Looks like the border patrol only g47 , would also like to know . Maybe they are using those parts for 17s now , would allow dropping a 19 slide on

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Ready for some other calibers in Gen5 guise.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
As he ran up and down the range loudly exclaiming I HAVE BEEN BITTEN, I HAVE BEEN BITTEN. OH WOE IS ME I HAVE BEEN BITTEN. QUICKLY CALL 911 OR I SHALL SURELY PASS INTO OBLIVION.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When shot on indoor range 10MM Glock with PMC ball makes a very satisfying ball of flame.
The only difference guns shown have from mine are: front slide serrations, reversable safety with larger button, ambi slide stop, traditionally rifled barrel. Starting with Gen 4 full size guns have dual recoil spring system. I shot both Gen 3 and Gen 4 and didn't detect any difference. I like when Glock guys get excited over things that really don't make any difference.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
When shot on indoor range 10MM Glock with PMC ball makes a very satisfying ball of flame.
The only difference guns shown have from mine are: front slide serrations, reversable safety with larger button, ambi slide stop, traditionally rifled barrel. Starting with Gen 4 full size guns have dual recoil spring system. I shot both Gen 3 and Gen 4 and didn't detect any difference. I like when Glock guys get excited over things that really don't make any difference.

Safety?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Slavek

Safety?

Very small lot of early guns had safety lever similar to selector on G18. I meant magazine release button.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Bob

Only because of Shield.

Do you have a Gen 5 Glock?

Nope. Only have 1. A 19 from 1997. Don't even know what Gen it is.

The 10 round limit some places, are decent point.
Except the 19 has been sold for a long time that way when/where necessary.

My point, why in the heck couldn t they see the wasted space with the plastic cladding
on the mags. It's a good solid design, no doubt.

But, when the biggest complaint is the size of your products grip. And the fact that
individual buyers will buy on feel, it obvious.

To Shield, once the single stack guns were made.
Not to Glock.

I described these exact guns several years ago on a Gun Wish List thread.
Specifying a High Power type mag or just a staggered but not double stack.
And using a 9mm duty slide instead of a 40 capable one a la G30s vs G30.

Must have been a terrible idea?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My Glock 43x has turned into my everyday carry gun.Purchased a Glock 20 sf gen 4 shoots great also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a early G19 gen 5. Put a little over 6 or 700 rounds through it. Mines early enough it has the missmatched dust cover at the end of the slide thing going and the Half moon cuttout on the front strap everyone hates

. I put Trijicon HD night sights on it with the orange front sight. Love the Trijicon sights.

So far it's been reliable and the finish is holding up to CCW.

Last edited by 1911a1; 07/29/20.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1936M71, 219DW, 260Remguy, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,671
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.