Home
Posted By: EthanEdwards Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21

Hickock45 shoots the popular Glock 43, Shield Plus, SIG P365, Hellcat and Ruger 9mm Compacts.
Posted By: dla Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Then he talks for 30 minutes saying nothing, takes a [bleep] and wipes his ass with a pine cone.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by dla
Then he talks for 30 minutes saying nothing, takes a [bleep] and wipes his ass with a pine cone.
..and yet still everybody likes Hickock a lot better than a pansy-assed retard such as yourself. Go figure.
Posted By: Boomer454 Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by dla

I believe you're thinking about nutnfancy.
Posted By: viking Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by Boomer454
Originally Posted by dla

I believe you're thinking about nutnfancy.

Yep, he talks a lot.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21

Did he mention that the 15 rd magazine in the 365 makes up for the short grip?
Did he mention that the 10 rd flush fir magazine allows for Jean pocket carry with the 365?
This makes the 365 versatile
He didn't include my personal favorite, the XDs. Of course, that is because he has the Hellcat, the latest offering from Springfield.
I owned them both for about a day. Sold the Hellcat, and carry my XDs everywhere.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Cliff Notes Version gleaned from 10 minutes of surfing: They are all good. The Shield Plus and Glock 43X are slightly better for him because they are bigger and heavier. The 365 and Hellcat are close with a slight edge to the 365. The Ruger is really close behind. The dude takes 2 hours to explain 60 Minutes.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
I thought this vid was significant because it took four of the most popular of this type and compared them. Hickock is neither the best nor my favorite internet reviewer, but he's a pretty good old boy.

Taurus' offering as well as Springfield's is missing.
The hellcat is from Springfield. Or are you saying the XDs?
Posted By: RufusG Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/16/21
Hickock is really missing an opportunity to have uber-abridged versions of his videos, just based on the incessant complaining here on the 'Fire. Get him a flat-brimmed ball cap, some fake tats, a four-minute script with authentic ghetto gibberish, and the sky's the limit.
He seems to imply that the Glock 43X doesn't come with night sights, but you can order it with Hackathorn Ameriglo night sights installed.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
No need to take up time watching this. There is nothing better in this category then G26.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He seems to imply that the Glock 43X doesn't come with night sights, but you can order it with Hackathorn Ameriglo night sights
installed.

"Night sights" are complete waste of money. One needs high visbility front blade (originally known as Ithaca Raybar) coupled with small gun mounted tactical light. Thera are several companies like HiViz offering them for handguns. There are several companies making flashlights. I like Surefire.
Posted By: Raferman Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21

Night sights are useless says the European with no firearms.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
The hellcat is from Springfield. Or are you saying the XDs?

XD's were mentioned by somebody as having been left out so I mentioned them too, but you're right, the Hellcat is a Springfield Armory offering.
Originally Posted by Raferman

Night sights are useless says the European with no firearms.

Slave K is no more Euro than my cat.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
I enjoy his videos. Sure he talks a bit, but also offers insight..... or like this video that there isnt a whole lot of difference.
Originally Posted by hikerbum
I enjoy his videos. Sure he talks a bit, but also offers insight..... or like this video that there isnt a whole lot of difference.

I don't watch a lot of Hickock vids, but I watch some. I like the old boy but there are better video meisters out there. Paul Harrell does a good technical video but his humor is the same, time after time. Plenty of "unboxing" and other vids out there. Sootch is a good combination of fun and technical...for me anyway.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I don't watch a lot of Hickock vids, but I watch some. I like the old boy but there are better video meisters out there. Paul Harrell does a good technical video but his humor is the same, time after time. Plenty of "unboxing" and other vids out there. Sootch is a good combination of fun and technical...for me anyway.
I watch all of those. All enjoyable in different ways, IMO.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
I thought this vid was significant because it took four of the most popular of this type and compared them. Hickock is neither the best nor my favorite internet reviewer, but he's a pretty good old boy.

I agree.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21

I watch all of those. All enjoyable in different ways, IMO.

I agree.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
Did I just hear him say, "ten is enough..."?

What will you guys do now?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I agree.

Yep
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I've heard him say five was enough, when he wants to justify carrying a snubby J-Frame S&W revolver in his pocket. He doesn't mean he want's round restrictions. He's referring to what he thinks he will likely be able to get away with if attacked in the streets and he just has a pocket gun.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

I've heard him say five was enough, when he wants to justify carrying a snubby J-Frame S&W revolver in his pocket. He doesn't mean he want's round restrictions. He's referring to what he thinks he will likely be able to get away with if attacked in the streets and he just has a pocket gun.
Five may very well be enough for Hickock as he's a damned good shot.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

Five may very well be enough for Hickock as he's a damned good shot.

He is an excellent shot
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

How the hell does Hickok know what is enough or not?
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21
Originally Posted by jwp475

You have to understand his sarcasm and humor, and when he uses it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

I personally don't take tactical advice too seriously from retired school teachers from Tennessee.
Originally Posted by MOGC

I personally don't take tactical advice too seriously from retired school teachers from Tennessee.

He has a long history of being a competition shooter in multiple venues. He doesn't much boast about it, which is likely why you're not aware of it.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

He has a long history of being a competition shooter in multiple venues. He doesn't much boast about it, which is likely why you're not aware of it.

No tactical experience from your explanation

He trained with the Sheriff's Department when he was a volunteer deputy.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21

Oh well... a volunteer deputy, that changes everything.

He was badged, armed, uniformed, and responded to calls along with regular deputies.

PS Volunteer deputy was the standard sort of deputy sheriff or deputy marshal for a very long time in this nation's history.
Posted By: LRhunter75 Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/18/21
I don't watch the guy for tactical advice, but his videos are usually worth checking out if I'm interested in the gun he's shooting. He seems like a pleasant enough guy, and unlike some youtube gun stars he doesn't seem to have let it get to his head.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/19/21

Exactly. Plus he brings a little humor.

Originally Posted by LRhunter75
I don't watch the guy for tactical advice, but his videos are usually worth checking out if I'm interested in the gun he's shooting. He seems like a pleasant enough guy, and unlike some youtube gun stars he doesn't seem to have let it get to his head.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/20/21

He was badged, armed, uniformed, and responded to calls along with regular deputies.

PS Volunteer deputy was the standard sort of deputy sheriff or deputy marshal for a very long time in this nation's history.

once upon a time i was a fully certified reserve deputy, did the same thing someone working full time did.
i don't think it's bragging a few of us reserves could consistly outshoot full time deputies that cleaned their handguns once a year.
And i have seen a number of qual. shoots for full time guys and had to try hard to keep from snickering.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/20/21
I like Hickock45’s reviews. Any time I’m looking at buying a new handgun I watch his videos on the gun.
Mrgunsngear does good reviews too.
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I like Hickock45’s reviews. Any time I’m looking at buying a new handgun I watch his videos on the gun.
Mrgunsngear does good reviews too.

Yeah, Mrgunsngear is great, too. Been following him forever, too.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

once upon a time i was a fully certified reserve deputy, did the same thing someone working full time did.
i don't think it's bragging a few of us reserves could consistly outshoot full time deputies that cleaned their handguns once a year.
And i have seen a number of qual. shoots for full time guys and had to try hard to keep from snickering.

Since this came back up... Many reserve officers are only utilized for manpower for special duties that would otherwise tie up department personnel. Assignments like the county fair or a parade, circus and whatever where they mostly are parking cars, blocking traffic, patrolling parking areas at night, ect. Some departments do use reserves to fill in blanks in the schedule along with the full time staff. I have no idea the utubers level of training and experience.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/21/21

Since this came back up... Many reserve officers are only utilized for manpower for special duties that would otherwise tie up department personnel. Assignments like the county fair or a parade, circus and whatever where they mostly are parking cars, blocking traffic, patrolling parking areas at night, ect. Some departments do use reserves to fill in blanks in the schedule along with the full time staff. I have no idea the utubers level of training and experience.
If I knew Hickock was an off-duty reservist, I'd forgotten it. I didn't look on this video as "tactical" at all, just a rundown of four of the most common of these types of pistols.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/21/21

reserves do all those functions, but 90%of the time i had a patrol car parked at my house. Most of the time i was filling in slots in the schedule, and no difference in us vs. those getting paid for the job. my first day working alone i handled an armed robbery call.
i trained pretty intensively in firearms and some other things, such as scuba, and search and rescue. My county is bigger than some states. at times in those days there were only a cou ple of us to cover the whole area.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Hickock on Mini 9's - 06/21/21
He’s entertaining, and shoots a lot of ammo…what’s not to like about that?
© 24hourcampfire