Home
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/29/21
Picked up a NIB HK P30SK 9mm with all grip / back strap options, mag loader, three mags, and case at a great price. It is a Version 1 with Law Enforcement trigger Module. Very nice. It is a but chunky, but fits my hand well and handles like a full-size pistol. I can’t wait to shoot it.

Do any of you have experience with this pistol?

Expat
No experience with one. Congrats.
no, but I got a killer deal on a gen 4 Glock 23 last week in Lauderdale. Came with the box, all the papers, three magazines, the optional back straps and factory tritium sights. I had been looking for awhile, and am very pleased.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/29/21
I never find anything but beat to hell junk at Pawn Shops. If I do run across anything nice it is grossly over priced. I rarely go in the Pawn Shops around here.
Posted By: cotis Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/29/21
You found a great pistol. The LEM trigger is awesome, I like them much better than a traditional DA/SA/
Originally Posted by MOGC
I never find anything but beat to hell junk at Pawn Shops. If I do run across anything nice it is grossly over priced. I rarely go in the Pawn Shops around here.

My favorite LGS is an old Pawn Shop. Best selection of guns in town, and cheaper prices than the other Gun Stores.
Has a great Archery Section and an indoor Archery Range too.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/29/21

this is my experience also including gun shows

Yeah, the pawn shop down the street knows how to price things, so there are no bargains to be found there. Lots of very nice stuff, but no bargains.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/30/21
My experience echoes yours...
this is the 23 I found
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The same place I found my HK has an unfired Glock 22 for a great price and a G19 in great shape for a very good price. They have a pristine Browning A5 Light 12 I’m tempted to go back and buy. They also have a pristine Browning T-Bolt .22 RF on the shelf.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 08/31/21
Belgian Light Twelves are, in my opinion, top of the heap for 12 gauge Auto Fives.
Nice find. Lol

Originally Posted by Mannlicher

this is the 23 I found

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, the pawn shop down the street knows how to price things, so there are no bargains to be found there. Lots of very nice stuff, but no bargains.

That stinks and is one of the reasons I've stopped frequenting one local pawn shop / gun shop. Guess they get enough brothas buying Dracos and blue and red AR's, and people buying $.85-1.00/rd ammo.

Moved on to some shops a little further away. Found Mannlicher a LNIB Gen 4 G23 last week at one of those.

One of the bigger pawn shops has a mask mandate. They're on the no-fly zone until they stop drinking the kool-aid.
Posted By: deflave Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 09/01/21
Pawn shops are always worth visiting in my opinion. Even schitty ones.

You just never know what they're gonna have on any given day.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 09/01/21
Pawn shops around here are bastions of heartache and loss, representing human desperation. I avoid them like the plague.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 09/01/21
When I lived in Arkansas, I bought a lot of guns from pawn shops. Now that I'm in Nevada, I have just given up on pawn shops. Their prices are just way out of line, so I just don't go into them anymore.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
When I lived in Arkansas, I bought a lot of guns from pawn shops. Now that I'm in Nevada, I have just given up on pawn shops. Their prices are just way out of line, so I just don't go into them anymore.

With the advent of the Internet, Pawn Shop owners have learned the real value of their inventory, and don't offer bargains anymore, for the most part, like they used to. When they want to know what to charge, they go to gunbroker and find out what they're selling for. Heck, half the time, they put all their inventory up for auction there.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
With the advent of the Internet, Pawn Shop owners have learned the real value of their inventory, and don't offer bargains anymore, for the most part, like they used to. When they want to know what to charge, they go to gunbroker and find out what they're selling for. Heck, half the time, they put all their inventory up for auction there.
I'm not convinced. Around here, the prices are above what you'd expect to see online. They're just over-priced. But hey, if they're selling them at those prices, I guess more power to them.

And local gun dealers have the same option, yet most have very reasonable prices around here. Some even very good prices.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Great Pawn Shop Find Today - 09/01/21
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until they started stocking junk and over priced junk.
Originally Posted by LouisB
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until the started stocking junk and over priced junk.

Too many people discovered that pawn shops are a good place to look for classics.
Originally Posted by LouisB
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until the started stocking junk and over priced junk.

All I ever seem to see is over priced schitty Mossbergs and the like.
I’ve probably bought over a hundred used guns from pawn shops/gun shops. I have only had one of those firearms (Tristar O/U) turn out to be inherently defective. I had another (Glock) that broke a $2 spring.
I like looking for stuff from the 1970’s, familiar from my youth.

If I find a clean bolt action Glenfield .22 with a tubular magazine it’s mine, my cousin who’s more like a brother had one and we shot it a lot.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

If I find a clean bolt action Glenfield .22 with a tubular magazine it’s mine, my cousin who’s more like a brother had one and we shot it a lot.

They were great little rifles. Mine was very accurate.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Learned to shoot with a Marlin 60, so always cool to find one of them in nice shape.

So far, every one I’ve come across, Marlin or Glenfield, has the seven (??) round magazine, I guess the tubular version weren’t that common.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Learned to shoot with a Marlin 60, so always cool to find one of them in nice shape.

Last year when Covid arrived lines were long and Guns were flying off the shelves at Academy. The only semi-auto left on the rack was a new Model 60, $180. In the rush for black rifles people were completely overlooking one of the more useful rifles around.

Apparently at some point Marlin reduced the barrel length along with the magazine capacity from 17 to 14 rounds to comply with a NJ State Law. I don’t mind, makes for a handier rifle.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Last year when Covid arrived lines were long and Guns were flying off the shelves at Academy. The only semi-auto left on the rack was a new Model 60, $180. In the rush for black rifles people were completely overlooking one of the more useful rifles around.

Apparently at some point Marlin reduced the barrel length along with the magazine capacity from 17 to 14 rounds to comply with a NJ State Law. I don’t mind, makes for a handier rifle.

Yep. Love the Marlin or Glenfield Model 60’s. Most reliable 22 autoloader ever made in my opinion. First Semi Auto I ever owned too.
I bought a spare stainless Model 60 right before The Scamdemic started. For a spare Truck Gun.

I’ve also got an old Glenfield Model 16 Carbine with a short barrel I bought on GunBroker a few years back. It was still new and unfired from some Estate Sale.

So far, every one I’ve come across, Marlin or Glenfield, has the seven (??) round magazine, I guess the tubular version weren’t that common.

No. You don’t see them often. I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.
I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.

I have little use for it and you’re welcome to it, PM me if you want to arrange shipping, I’m not sure how that’s done in-state. Durned if I know where the barrel tightening tool gizmo is though. I’d have to look through all my gun junk

The .22 I really miss is the 20” .Mod 24 .22 over 20 gauge I gave to my son, I sorta had to, he learned to shoot with it 30 years ago and his daughter shoots it now 🙂

Now they sell for $600+
I bought this FEG Hi Power in a pawn shop for $550 out the door. I put the G10 grips on it and installed new springs.

No. You don’t see them often. I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.

Yep. The old tube versions are the shizzle. Un-Bubba'd.
© 24hourcampfire