Home
Posted By: RipSnort New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
Do you have any solid information on the new 9mm pistol aimed at the concealed carry market that HK is bringing to the market in the next year or so?

Thanks, RS
Posted By: viking Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
Overly priced right out of the box?
Posted By: Slavek Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by viking

Heckler & Koch guns are used by professional "GI Joes" and the company was started by couple of guys from Mauser Werke am Oberndorf when occupies (Americans, French and British) allowed Germans to make guns again. Unlike Strum & Ruger or S&W people say they do not have good service department. This is good because not needing to fix stupid stuff that should have been noticed by QC department is very good thing to get. This is why you pay premium for their products. Just be happy you civilian mortals are blessed enough to be able to buy equipment like that.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by Slavek

Heckler & Koch guns are used by professional "GI Joes" and the company was started by couple of guys from Mauser Werke am Oberndorf when occupies (Americans, French and British) allowed Germans to make guns again. Unlike Strum & Ruger or S&W people say they do not have good service department. This is good because not needing to fix stupid stuff that should have been noticed by QC department is very good thing to get. This is why you pay premium for their products. Just be happy you civilian mortals are blessed enough to be able to buy equipment like that.
Once again, you're FOS. I know a few CBP armorers and they hated dealing with HK for P2000 parts. HK believed their own marketing and wouldn't send them parts because they claimed nothing ever broke. They are much happier now that they've adopted Glocks.
Posted By: hookeye Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
There is supposed to be a mini comparable to the Sig P365.

Think the SK in P30 or VP to be rather blocky.

New rig should be pretty sweet.

Im content w my p365 for a small 9mm and my P30L.for a full size.

So while the new HK might be cool,.I just dont need it.
They were too late in the game IMHO
The only reason I am buying a Glock is because I already have several magazines and three holsters for it and nothing for an H&K. Glock is better for military and police use because taxpayers can pay less for them.
Double post

I got a like new P30L w 8 friggin mags for 500 at a shop.
No chit ( all.mags 15 rounders )

Am not disappointed.

Have shot several Glocks buds have. Shoot em well, better than Sig 220 or 226 stuff.

If I wanted a full size striker gun Id get a VP9.
The only reason I am buying a Glock is because I already have several magazines and three holsters for it and nothing for an H&K. Glock is better for military and police use because taxpayers can pay less for them.

Damn, Fobus paddle for my HK didnt cost me a fuggin kidney.

Justify it however, but thats just silly.

Slavek.

I have spent a fair bit of time traveling internationally.

Nobody writes like this, talks like this, none of it.

Nobody.

You are as phony as they come. Period.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Slavek.

Nobody.

I'm sure he has many thousands of posts under his "real" name...
Originally Posted by hookeye

Damn, Fobus paddle for my HK didnt cost me a fuggin kidney.

Justify it however, but thats just silly.

Fobus is rugged and inexpensive.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

The only complaint it was little less concealable then other designs, but an excellent value for rugged, durable, affordable holster. It once had Chinese Makarov in it made ca. 1961 (made in Bei'an, PRC). It sold to military gun collector years ago. Unlike dime a dozen Russian samples this actually brought very nice price. cool

Cool story.
Posted By: goalie Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
I sincerely hope Slavek is someone's sock puppet.

If not, there is one stupid SOB out there wasting oxygen.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Slavek.

Nobody.

I'm sure he has many thousands of posts under his "real" name...

If you want him to go away from this thread, just ask him what country he's in.
Posted By: Raferman Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
Were you from dawg!
Originally Posted by Raferman
Were you from dawg!

Slovenia or Slovakia.
Posted By: hookeye Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21

crazy

A friend and mentor Ken Hackathorn who trains "professional GI Joes" used this USP .45 pictured below to train some of those "Joes" smirk. He had good things to say about the HKs and the brand in general. A number of years back Ken and Larry Vickers were hired by HK to come to Oberndorf (HK Germany) to the factory and design/spec out what would eventually become the MK24 HK compact 45 for the Navy's special warfare community. The gun was later introduced as a regular production item to HKs line.

I ended up with Ken's original USP 45. that he used as his training gun for years.
It is one that I won't sell, due to the personal connection, as well as the fact that it is simply a fantastic handgun. USPs are rated to take +P and .45 Super level loads as long as the pistols have been properly maintained and springs are fresh. The USPs are well known for their ultra reliability, long term durability and superb accuracy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It makes for a good heavy bullet launcher.

Posted By: WTM45 Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
And, those fellas later worked up a plan for HK to build the HK45.
Another masterpiece!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21

crazy

A friend and mentor Ken Hackathorn who trains "professional GI Joes" used this USP .45 pictured below to train some of those "Joes" smirk. He had good things to say about the HKs and the brand in general. A number of years back Ken and Larry Vickers were hired by HK to come to Oberndorf (HK Germany) to the factory and design/spec out what would eventually become the MK24 HK compact 45 for the Navy's special warfare community. The gun was later introduced as a regular production item to HKs line.

I ended up with Ken's original USP 45. that he used as his training gun for years.
It is one that I won't sell, due to the personal connection, as well as the fact that it is simply a fantastic handgun. USPs are rated to take +P and .45 Super level loads as long as the pistols have been properly maintained and springs are fresh. The USPs are well known for their ultra reliability, long term durability and superb accuracy.

It makes for a good heavy bullet launcher.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had that exact USP-45 till I sold it last year. I even had that light attachment adapter on it. As cool as it was, when I shot it side by side with my Glock 21, I could shoot the 21 better every time. I had decided to shoot them both and determine which to keep and which to sell, and I sold the USP-45.
Posted By: Slavek Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
The USP is an excellent pistol. The only caution is to keep magazines in cool, dry place because magazine bodies tended to rust and H&K magazines like FNH are very expensive.
Posted By: goalie Re: New HK carry pistol ??? - 11/26/21
The USP is an excellent pistol. The only caution is to keep magazines in cool, dry place because magazine bodies tended to rust and H&K magazines like FNH are very expensive.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Once again, you're FOS. I know a few CBP armorers and they hated dealing with HK for P2000 parts. HK believed their own marketing and wouldn't send them parts because they claimed nothing ever broke. They are much happier now that they've adopted Glocks.

This is why my Dept. ditched HK. Getting parts was such a hassle and we kept having to deadline guns.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I had that exact USP-45 till I sold it last year. I even had that light attachment adapter on it. As cool as it was, when I shot it side by side with my Glock 21, I could shoot the 21 better every time. I had decided to shoot them both and determine which to keep and which to sell, and I sold the USP-45.

We ended up with M&P45 2.0s for the same reasons and the fact no adapter was needed.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In side by side shooting, running typical USPSA type drills, I find that I perform better with my Glock 21 as well. As truly excellent as the HK USP is, personal performance cannot be overlooked. That said, the ratio of ammo that I have fired using the two platforms is heavily skewed in favor of the G21, but I still find the G21 to be a bit more user friendly (for me). Bottom line is I can pick up either and use either with confidence. It is hard to go wrong.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Not to distract from the thread, but that was funny! grin
© 24hourcampfire