Home
Posted By: RIO7 Pen Guns - 01/15/22

Been cleaning out my old safe, forgot i had these 2 pen guns, my mother carried them during WW-2, little ones a .38 the fat ones a .45 acp, the . 38 shoots a tear gas rnd, i have a few from WW-2 , .45 shoots a rat shot load, Mother said you point the pen at their face and punch the trigger, Thought you might enjoy seeing them, lots of history here. Rio7

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Pen Guns - 01/15/22
Cool.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Pen Guns - 01/15/22
First ones I ever remember seeing. Thanks for sharing. Hasbeen
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Pen Guns - 01/15/22
Your mom musta been a bad-ass

Cool pics and thanks for posting
Posted By: pullit Re: Pen Guns - 01/15/22
cool for sure. Never seen one
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Pen Guns - 01/15/22
Cool Rio.

Be careful though as I believe the old ones like that may be classified as AOW by the Waffen ATF.

https://ctfirearmsauction.com/what-is-a-pen-gun-and-is-it-a-legal-firearm-unique-guns-at-auction/

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons, the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22

chilinstuctor, Thanks for the info, These pens have been in my family sense the 1920s, screw the ATF. Rio7
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by RIO7

chilinstuctor, Thanks for the info, These pens have been in my family sense the 1920s, screw the ATF. Rio7

I hear ya. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Posted By: RelaxRun Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
Wow very cool storiee behind these pens. Don't think I have ever seen one before. It's interesting that she carried specific rounds in them and not just a normal fmj
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
Rio,
Just what was your mom up to if you don't mind.
There are so many stories from that period that are being lost.
My Pap passed when I was 10. I remember stories, but not well.
I wish we could have spent time together as adults.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22

Neat. What does it feel like to shoot the .45?
Posted By: Sharpshooter97 Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
Those are very cool, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
I bet they would do that he trick!! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22

tjm10025, I have never fired these guns and have no desire to shoot them or see them fired, they are collector pieces. Rio7
Posted By: viking Re: Pen Guns - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cool Rio.

Be careful though as I believe the old ones like that may be classified as AOW by the Waffen ATF.

https://ctfirearmsauction.com/what-is-a-pen-gun-and-is-it-a-legal-firearm-unique-guns-at-auction/

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons,the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”

I guess if he gets visited by some alphabet agency Tac Elf’s, we will be certain they monitor…eh
Posted By: goalie Re: Pen Guns - 01/17/22
Originally Posted by viking
Cool Rio.

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons,the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”

I guess if he gets visited by some alphabet agency Tac Elf’s, we will be certain they monitor…eh

Considering my recent ATF contact about form-1 silencer parts bought from Diversified Machine in 2016-17 timeframe, the big brother ATF stuff is less funny to me. 😟
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Pen Guns - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by viking
Cool Rio.

Considering my recent ATF contact about form-1 silencer parts bought from Diversified Machine in 2016-17 timeframe, the big brother ATF stuff is less funny to me. 😟

I heard about that BS.

I came close to buying Form1, but didn't.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Pen Guns - 01/18/22
Thanks for posting, I have heard about them ,but never saw one!
© 24hourcampfire