Home
Posted By: Judman Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Had one years ago, killed some bucks, bobcats and a lion with it, very accurate pistola. Lookin at a gen 5 as a hiking/campin/all round killer, anything else I should be lookin at nowadays? $500 out the door. Anything compare?

Obliged
Posted By: viking Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
These days, the selection is plentiful.
Posted By: hardway Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
If you go 19.... make sure you get the MOS version just in case you want to add a optic in the future.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
+1 what hardway said.

Get the MOS......I still need to add taller iron sights, but I really like the RDO on a handgun.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: MOGC Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by viking

Yep. Glock is as good as Glock ever was. And in that genre of pistol today there are plenty of pistols every bit as good. S&W, Sig, CZ, HK, Walther, FN and some that didn't come to mind right away.
Posted By: killerv Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
I'd still take a look at a m&p compact 9mm. About the same size of the 19, but also come with sleeves to run full size 17 round mags in them. I've gotten out of the Glock business all together. I have four m&ps at the moment. Absolutely love them.
Posted By: Mountain10mm Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Can you still get a 19 out the door for less than $500?
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
I am happy with my CZ 75D PCR Compact. It is a little heavier than a Glock 19, I think, but it fit my hand much better than the Glock. I have never shot a Browning HP but I am told the CZ has similar ergonomics and the Browning is praised for its ergonomics.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

Cheapest I see new ones nowadays is about $550.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by killerv
I'd still take a look at a m&p compact 9mm. About the same size of the 19, but also come with sleeves to run full size 17 round mags in them. I've gotten out of the Glock business all together. I have four m&ps at the moment. Absolutely love them.

And you can use Glock 17 mags in a Glock 19.

Or just buy a Glock 19 X model. They come with 1-17 round mags, and 2-19 round mags.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/glock-19x-9mm-5th-gen.html
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Cheapest I see new ones nowadays is about $550.
I've been buying them for $499 plus tax of course for a couple of years now, 19, 17, 45's and checked last week, still same price. MOS versions are $549 I think.
Posted By: smallfry Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Judman, if you are buying new get the Gen 5 Mos. The Gen 5s have been the best. I carry mine in a gunfighters inc. chest rig and it clears fast. I’ve shot everything up to deer with mine. Incidentally I have a Gen 4 with under 50 rounds through it if anyone wants a deal.
S.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Cheaper if you can find the refurbished. Think my guy said a little over $300 back in May or so.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
There are plenty of alternatives, but for those that do not know a lot about guns and want solid reliable product Glock is very good choice. I think both Chuck Schumer and Donald Trump own Glocks. You should be able to find used one with new night sights installed by someone else for $500 or little less.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Cheaper if you can find the refurbished. Think my guy said a little over $300 back in May or so.

Who's "your guy"? I'll buy a pallet full for $300.00 apiece.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Psa Dagr $299.00 G3 19 clone exact match. Accurate too.
Posted By: 79S Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by Slavek
There are plenty of alternatives, but for those that do not know a lot about guns and want solid reliable product Glock is very good choice. I think both Chuck Schumer and Donald Trump own Glocks. You should be able to find used one with new night sights installed by someone else for $500 or little less.

^^^^^^^ this guy is a idiot don’t listen to him..
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Who's "your guy"? I'll buy a pallet full for $300.00 apiece.
You have a PM.
Posted By: 79S Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Psa Dagr $299.00 G3 19 clone exact match. Accurate too.

Yep I have one very good little pistol, some don’t like m&p style trigger though. I don’t know judman background but if hes elg should look into blue label program as well alot of blue label dealers selling Gen 5 19 for $359 bucks.
https://glockshop.org/product/used-glock-19/
Posted By: deflave Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Judman,

No flies on a 19 but I'd question whether you need the abbreviated grip frame.

Go big, baby.

And yes, get an optic.
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by deflave
Judman,

No flies on a 19 but I'd question whether you need the abbreviated grip frame.

Go big, baby.

And yes, get an optic.
This, get a 17 MOS and put an optic on it.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by viking

Yep. Glock is as good as Glock ever was. And in that genre of pistol today there are plenty of pistols every bit as good. S&W, Sig, CZ, HK, Walther, FN and some that didn't come to mind right away.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

The G5 Glocks have a good, new, better trigger than previous models though.

I've moved to the new versions of the Smith M&P 2.0..............fit my hand better, so far with 4 of them in the house, not a single malfunction.

MM
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by killerv

And you can use Glock 17 mags in a Glock 19.

Or just buy a Glock 19 X model. They come with 1-17 round mags, and 2-19 round mags.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/glock-19x-9mm-5th-gen.html

Yes the 19X is a great configuration if you're committed to never running an optic or willing to buy another slide that is cut.

The 45 is the same but optics ready. They can be a little tough to get in some places but probably worth the effort if you don't need a sawed off grip frame.
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
This, get a 17 MOS and put an optic on it.

Maybe.

It kinda depends on the full purpose of the gun. One of the big advantages to appendix carry (arguably the most popular right now) is that grip frame length is a less of a factor.

But if it's a handgun that's going to be riding in a full size holster for outdoor use, a shooter should ask why they care about sizing the gun down at all.

All things to consider.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Walther ppq's and pdp's are so often over looked. and Canik just keeps coming on strong
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Not a new one.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Cheapest I could find
https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/glock-pa195s203-g19-gen5-9mm-luger-4.02-151-black

https://battlehawkarmory.com/produc...ns-interchangeable-backstrap-grip-pistol
Posted By: Slavek Re: Glock 19 - 11/14/22
Yes, but several hundred rounds is nothing in a Glock. Many have fewer rounds through them.
Posted By: hardway Re: Glock 19 - 11/15/22
Jud is LE/corrections.... they get am a few bucks cheaper I think?
Posted By: 79S Re: Glock 19 - 11/15/22
I seen blue labels as cheap as $359. If any of you qualify look into. If not Hell become a volunteer firefighter or something to get it…
© 24hourcampfire