Home
Posted By: LeakyWaders Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/22/23
Hi Glock's Anonymous...My name is John and I just realized I'm a Glockaholic...

It's been less than one day since I've shot a Glock.

Hickock45 turned me onto this mushy trigger tupperware platform addiction years ago by gradually breaking me down with promises of reliability and ease of performance.

Whenever I see thread asking what platform for x...the first answer in my head is Glock and some number...I control my sweaty shaking fingers by not typing a reply and let other posters bear the burden.

I own multiple versions of the same Glock...try to justify the 'requirement' of getting a 45GAP...and am on a first name basis with KKM customer service.

I've just ordered a sight swapping tool from Brownell's...just to make sure I don't scratch a slide while swapping around sights...all the while knowing, who the hell cares if one scratches up a Glock slide...

I guess recognizing the disease is 1/2 the problem...the other 1/2 is shooting a Glock.

-YMMV

John

20, 26, 26, 23mos, 42, 43x, 45, 45mos
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/23/23
There are couple dedicated sites: Glock Forum and Glock Talk. I went to the range couple of days ago and fired 300 rounds of 9mm through G19. There was only 1 failure to fire due to light primer strike. Glocks are ok pistols.
Skip the GAP - and go with the slim-line G36 .45 ACP.

Outstanding carry piece - with a little work.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GR
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/23/23
Originally Posted by Garandimal

GR

Piece o fugkin' junk.
Don't sugar coat it, Deflave. Tell us what you really think of it.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Your 26 is a hunk of fugking schit as well.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/23/23
Originally Posted by deflave

hell I'll bite what is flaves favorite Glock number for carry use does it begin with the 1 and end with a 9 or ...??

"Think"...?!?

Ha!

G36 - a 27 oz. loaded .45 ACP that is dead-on precise and hammer reliable.

GR
Originally Posted by ldholton

hell I'll bite what is flaves favorite Glock number for carry use does it begin with the 1 and end with a 9 or ...??

Subcompacts belong in a trash bin.

19s are barely serviceable.

Full size grip frames or bust.

I do like the single stack concept and the 43X is great.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/23/23

I thought the 43 was similar to The shield 9? 43x differs?

and I was remembering you being a shield fan? I have shield 9 and shield 45.. on lots of handguns don't even own a glock. anymore I guess I ought to buy one LOL
43X is similar to a Shield.

Single stack full grip frame/mag.
Glock 26 is like a boat. Two best days of ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell.
Glock is selling couple retro G17s: P80 and G17 Gen1. This is their classic line that comes in original POS Tupperware boxes. The gun grip actually fit medium-sized hand nicely. The Gen4/current Gen3 slide finish is not slipery to wet or sweaty hands.
The G43x/48 owners have new hicap mag option from Dagger Micro, this must 🤢for PSA owners when they try yo buy extra magazines for their guns.
Originally Posted by Slavek
Glock is selling couple retro G17s: P80 and G17 Gen1. This is their classic line that comes in original POS Tupperware boxes. The gun grip actually fit medium-sized hand nicely. The Gen4/current Gen3 slide finish is not slipery to wet or sweaty hands.

You can’t afford any of them.

LOL

Fugkin’ loser.

You can’t afford any of them.

LOL

Fugkin’ loser.

😁😆😂🤣

GR

The G23 is better option for those living in places that restrict magazine capacity. The Gen 4 is best because you get dual recoil spring, lighter slide and less slippery slide finish (except for early guns that had useless slippery slide finish used in Gen3 at that time). This gun is excellent alternative to .45 GAP chambered guns. The only good thing about them is price on used guns which are next impossible to sell. New .45 GAP mags can be found for $10, that should clue anyone in but the stupid.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/23/23
Total rookie Glock pard here.

Bought my first one about 2 weeks ago. That said I love it.

19X that shoots everything well.

Tried some Federal 147 grain HST's this morning. They shot fine in my P226, VP9 and the 19X.

Slow fire, 'offhand accuracy test' at 7 yards.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

GR

The G23 is better option for those living in places that restrict magazine capacity. The Gen 4 is best because you get dual recoil spring, lighter slide and less slippery slide finish (except for early guns that had useless slippery slide finish used in Gen3 at that time). This gun is excellent alternative to .45 GAP chambered guns. The only good thing about them is price on used guns which are next impossible to sell. New .45 GAP mags can be found for $10, that should clue anyone in but the stupid.

You are a little confused there, my friend.

Have several G23.4's and like them very much.

However, they have std. capacity 13-round magazines.

The slim-line G36 .45 ACP, on the other hand, has a 6-round std. capacity magazine.

GR
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23
🤷‍♂️The overall thickness of 30s is only .2" > G36. If extra weight is a problem there is no law prohibiting loading G30s magazine with 6 cartridges. When Glock engineers were designing G36 they were trying to best legendary Charter Arms Bulldog?
DelFarve: Your futile attempt at trying to besmirch Glock pistols does TWO thing!
#1: It shows how stupid YOU are.
#2: It shows how out of touch with reality you have become.
My Glocks have performed REALLY well for a REALLY long time for me - both professionally and personally!
If you are simply trying to put forth some bizarre "scumload" type attempt at levity then again, you have failed.
But IF you are serious, then you are seriously off yourfuckin rocker!
PERIOD.
Take it from someone who knows - when the chips are down you can count on/rely on your Glock to get the job done!
Been there done that.
Sheesh - you're getting worse.
Long live Glock.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Rapier Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23
Just bought two LEO trade in G-22 gen 4s , one was just dirty, must have been different departments. The 2nd totally different, just to break down was all rusted up inside., not minor, had rust scales that sheared off in disassembly. Some Sargent needs a serious adz whipping, to allow his boy scouts to carry a rust bucket Glock like that.

I used to run FOP match's and Deparment quals, so to see something like that really ticks me off. Had to use a punch and a mallet to break the slide lock free. Every metal part inside was rusted. Used needle nose pliers to pull the extractor spring, plunger. It is soaking in the parts washer at the moment.

They will be very different in short order, Novak steel front and rear sights, LW Alpha 357 Sig barrels, new recoil springs, extractors, Ghost Maker 3# triggers, etc. I do, or did build custom Glocks. Stopped, but still have the parts and all the Glock tools.

Not a Glock fan, just bought the 22s since they are 19s, take 19 mags, grip inserts, the LW 9mm barrels and extractor and walah you have a 19 G4. I have 20 mags......so Kinda goes with my AR 9-Glock mag carbine.

I rarely just do stuff, the 6 Ps
Buying used Glocks is the way to go. Many Glocks are to very good shape and usually come with functioning "night sights". The .40 guns usually cost < 9x19 versions. The cost savings over new gun can be significant. Some have to be bought new because used samples are hard to find. One example is G47.
Posted By: akpls Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23
Originally Posted by Rapier
Just bought two LEO trade in G-22 gen 4s , one was just dirty, must have been different departments. The 2nd totally different, just to break down was all rusted up inside., not minor, had rust scales that sheared off in disassembly. Some Sargent needs a serious adz whipping, to allow his boy scouts to carry a rust bucket Glock like that.

I used to run FOP match's and Deparment quals, so to see something like that really ticks me off. Had to use a punch and a mallet to break the slide lock free. Every metal part inside was rusted. Used needle nose pliers to pull the extractor spring, plunger. It is soaking in the parts washer at the moment.

They will be very different in short order, Novak steel front and rear sights, LW Alpha 357 Sig barrels, new recoil springs, extractors, Ghost Maker 3# triggers, etc. I do, or did build custom Glocks. Stopped, but still have the parts and all the Glock tools.

Not a Glock fan, just bought the 22s since they are 19s, take 19 mags, grip inserts, the LW 9mm barrels and extractor and walah you have a 19 G4. I have 20 mags......so Kinda goes with my AR 9-Glock mag carbine.
22's are the same frame size as 17's, not 19's. It's the 23 that is the same frame size as the 19.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23

Sure.
Originally Posted by akpls

22's are the same frame size as 17's, not 19's. It's the 23 that is the same frame size as the 19.

Glock took care of that with Gen5 guns. The new .40 guns weigh about 90 grams > 9×19 counterparts. End of the 🌎....😱
A few years back I bought a police trade in Glock 22 (Gen4) for $350.00. Mine looked nearly new and came with the factory night sights, although not as bright as new ones (still visible in darkness, even today, though). Once I got that medium backstrap on it, I loved the way it handled. Great bargain.

Sure.
It looks like previous deputy did not get issued very special Mariner Glock.🤭

There's this gun called a 1911.

Lol.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Lol.

No thanks.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23
My condolences
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23
My condolences
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/24/23

Lol.

No thanks.

I bet deflave has 5 1911s in his carry gun rotation.....
Glock 9mm's. What's not to like? Top to bottom:

Glock 22 Gen2 frame built into a 6" barrel longslide with parts from EBay and KKM. Have barrels in 9mm, 357 Sig, and 40SW.
Glock 17 Gen2
Glock 19 Gen5
Glock 43X

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had to drop down to a Wolff 14-lb spring with 9mm longslide for reliable operation.
MontanaMarine,

I like your really big one.
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Lol.

No thanks.

I bet deflave has 5 1911s in his carry gun rotation.....

Lol.
MontanaMarine,

LOL, Yeah it's a smooth shooter.
🤷‍♂️The overall thickness of 30s is only .2" > G36. If extra weight is a problem there is no law prohibiting loading G30s magazine with 6 cartridges. When Glock engineers were designing G36 they were trying to best legendary Charter Arms Bulldog?

Honestly?

The Glock engineers were designing a light-weight, compact "Commander" .45 ACP Perfection for concealed carry.

The G30 is a "brick" compared to the slimline G36.

26.3 oz. v. 22.4 oz empty wt. - that's a 1/4 lb.

And then there is the bulk.

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -
[Linked Image from s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

In an IWB holster?

Different animals all together.

GR
Posted By: Raferman Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/25/23

Honestly?

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -

In an IWB holster?

GR
The glock 36 being glocks least popular model.
Originally Posted by Raferman

Honestly?

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -

In an IWB holster?

GR

Sure.

Its qualities, outside of precision, weight, and reliability - are anathema to Glock fans.

But for a slimline light-weight CCW .45 ACP?

It is outstanding.

Good on Glock for colorin' outside the lines on this one.

GR

Honestly?

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -

In an IWB holster?

GR

Sure.

Its qualities, outside of precision, weight, and reliability - are anathema to Glock fans.

It is outstanding.

GR
The 36 and 19 are awful close in size and one is easy to use and carries a couple more rounds to boot.
But if you gotta have a little .45.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/25/23
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. Main copetitor for that gun is probably S&W Shield .45ACP. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.
You find it promise to shoot yourself with it.
In the head.
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. Main copetitor for that gun is probably S&W Shield .45ACP. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.

PERFORMANCE CENTER® M&P®45 SHIELD M2.0 4" BARREL ...?

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

Pretty tough to beat as well.

Just a little heavier is all.

GR

Honestly?

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -

In an IWB holster?

GR

Sure.

It is outstanding.

GR
The 36 and 19 are awful close in size and one is easy to use and carries a couple more rounds to boot.
But if you gotta have a little .45.

Different enough to notice in an IWB holster.

Coupla things about that.

As mentioned, have been very happy with the Glock G23.4 .40's.

Same form factor as the G19, and 180 gr. ammo is very easy to shoot well.

But single-stack CCW pistols with 4" Bbl's weren't really available when I started lookin' for a little more compact pistol.

Probably would have gotten a G48 9mm had they been available.

But the G36, as a .45 ACP, is just fine for a personal protection CCW.

What is never discussed by the Gel block junkies is dwell time to stop.

Would rather have to shoot and hit twice, than three or more time, and the sooner the threat is stopped, the better.

And every miss is problematic.

So I have come to respect it as a big hammer for small jobs.

... with a reload.

3.8" Bbl'ed GLOCK G36.
0.87" Average Expansion.
4-layers of Denim and Two 1-Gal. water jugs (12").

GR
"Get yourself a Glock, and lose that nickle plated sissy pistol."

Posted By: MOGC Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/25/23
"Get yourself a Glock, and lose that nickle plated sissy pistol."

Glock's marketing was sheer genius and Hollywood helped them out tremendously. Even today when Glock is just another in a long line of very good pistols the hype propels them to the top of the heap.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/26/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
MontanaMarine,

I bet it fills a lot of gaps...
MontanaMarine,

Hmmm........the front sight though?
Posted By: Rapier Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/28/23
Got the rusted G-22 out of the soak in the parts washer. Pitted slde lock, extractor plunger, extractor, plus a couple other parts. Worse part is the plunger's cut hole in the slide is pitted inside. So am considering mounting the slide in the mill and running a slightly over sized drill bit into the hole to clean it up. I will try a hand turn on the bit first to see if that does the trick.

I just got in a new slide lock and the frame steel insert, plus the recoil spring.

These guns were $319 from PSA. So a good bit can be done, on my own, without going into the, over priced range. But there is a down side if buying anything "as is" and "unseen", especially if you can not do the work yourself. That is the actual point of my post, not a Glock problem, but operator negligence.
The Glock G23.4, with 180 gr. subsonic hollow-points, is the absolute center of the pistol requirement.

Big/Small/Heavy/Light/Powerful/Soft/High cap./Low cap./Complex/Simple/Reliable/Durable/Precise/Effective/Economical...

... enough.

[Linked Image from 4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com]

There, it needed to be said.

GR
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/30/23
MontanaMarine,

Hmmm........the front sight though?

#frenchtickler
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/31/23
The Glock G23.4, with 180 gr. subsonic hollow-points, is the absolute center of the pistol requirement.

Big/Small/Heavy/Light/Powerful/Soft/High cap./Low cap./Complex/Simple/Reliable/Durable/Precise/Effective/Economical...

... enough.

[Linked Image from 4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com]

GR

I always thought subsonic HP are waste of HP benefit, do they expand fully at lower velocity? The G4 are the way to go because almost all if not all spare barrels (except those for Gen 5 specifically) are designed to accept dual recoil spring and are sold as fitting Gen 1 through Gen 4. I mention this because .40 S&W guys.often buy 9x19 conversion barrel for their guns.
I seen good used Gen 4 G17 recently. Like new: front serrations, metal sights, extended mag release, extended slide stop, good non-slippery slide finish made ca. 2017, excellent value on used market about $150 below new gun price that comes with POS plastic sights.

... enough.

GR

I always thought subsonic HP are waste of HP benefit, do they expand fully at lower velocity? The G4 are the way to go because almost all if not all spare barrels (except those for Gen 5 specifically) are designed to accept dual recoil spring and are sold as fitting Gen 1 through Gen 4. I mention this because .40 S&W guys.often buy 9x19 conversion barrel for their guns.
I seen good used Gen 4 G17 recently. Like new: front serrations, metal sights, extended mag release, extended slide stop, good non-slippery slide finish made ca. 2017, excellent value on used market about $150 below new gun price that comes with POS plastic sights.

the .40/180 gr. - is generally at the top of subsonic velocity.

And, yes, they are outstanding.

How the .40 made its bones.

GR
Posted By: Rapier Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 07/31/23
Interesting is that a close examination of the now thoroughly cleaned G-22s guns says they are in fact G-23s and not G-22s as was advertised.

I did a paint job on the rust bucket with phosphoric acid, Ospho, to kill the rust inside, then polished off the dry white silicate parts to functional. That pitted parts business bothered me, so I replaced those parts. Fitted the 357 Sig barrel, very minor, fitting, the 9x19 barrel fit up just fine.

The trigger on the rust bucket is gritty, so springs replacement and a total polish of all trigger metal parts for it.

The nicer condition gun of the two guns has an 3 pound trigger in it, as is, when cleaned and has after market steel green dot sights, stamped CH-3 front and rear. Someone did a bit of work on that carry gun and kept it in good shape.

The G-19 Gen 4 Magpul mags fit and functions just fine in both guns, as do the grip bottom caps.
Interesting is that a close examination of the now thoroughly cleaned G-22s guns says they are in fact G-23s and not G-22s as was advertised.

I did a paint job on the rust bucket with phosphoric acid, Ospho, to kill the rust inside, then polished off the dry white silicate parts to functional. That pitted parts business bothered me, so I replaced those parts. Fitted the 357 Sig barrel, very minor, fitting, the 9x19 barrel fit up just fine.

The trigger on the rust bucket is gritty, so springs replacement and a total polish of all trigger metal parts for it.

The nicer condition gun of the two guns has an 3 pound trigger in it, as is, when cleaned and has after market steel green dot sights, stamped CH-3 front and rear. Someone did a bit of work on that carry gun and kept it in good shape.

The G-19 Gen 4 Magpul mags fit and functions just fine in both guns, as do the grip bottom caps.

Sent an old G23.2 that I had back to the mother ship, on my nickel, because it had some rusty springs.

They overhauled it and returned it, gratis.

GR
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/02/23
Should have included that 36 and asked them to throw it in a furnace.

Have Two - in case the first one ends up in an evidence locker for a year... after doin' its job.

Great IWB pistol.

GR
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/03/23

Why? This is perfectly serviceable defensive pistol. Look, boomers often carry five or six shot revolvers which are nearly impossible to reload efficiently under stress. The G36 is clearly superior to most revolvers (S&W does make excellent light weight 8-shot .357 revolver, but most will have hard time affording one of those > 2x as expensive as a Glock).
only two Glerks left for now, 40/4 & 19/5

the 40/4 always on me in the sticks for 4 legged asswholes & the 19/5 elsewhere for the 2 legged ones

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

waiting for a 40/5 with 7" stvol
What's the Beretta? Looks cool.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/06/23

Have Two - in case the first one ends up in an evidence locker for a year... after doin' its job.

Great IWB pistol.

GR

Piece of fugking junk.

Little wonder you like it.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/06/23
Why?

Because your mouth doubles as a cock holster.

LOL
Posted By: Rapier Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/06/23
Glock 23 w 10 round mag LEO trade in 40 S&W redone.....Ghost Maker trigger, replacement fitted to 3.5 pounds break, night sights removed, and Novak low adjustable plain blacks installed, new 13 round magazines. The 357 Sig Lone Wolf Alpha barrel fitted, reason for the adjustable sights. Leather belt holster w spare mag pouch, not pictured

What's the Beretta? Looks cool.

Beretta APX AI, Glerk clone but very well done and very accurate, 17 rnd mags standard with 22 rnd xmags,
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/07/23
I give a fying fluck about Glock. M&Ps naturally point on target.
Posted By: viking Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/07/23
But yet, critics will rave about the Ruger MKii or the Luger and not bitch about grip angles.

Great IWB pistol.

GR

Piece of fugking junk.

Little wonder you like it.

Bleary-eyed drunks are always an interesting, though useless, data point.

Thanks.

And, yes, the G36 slimline .45 ACP is outstanding.

GR
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/09/23
Perfectly serviceable firearm. Most on here will never have to draw a gun, no point lugging extra weight around. The .45 acp ammo is heavy
Perfectly serviceable firearm. Most on here will never have to draw a gun, no point lugging extra weight around. The .45 acp ammo is heavy

Topped off, it holds the same amount of rounds as a 1911-A1.

With "230 gr. +P" ammo, it has the same performance.

But is ~ 27.5 oz. loaded, and smaller and thinner than a G19.

GR
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/11/23
While shot sample is to small for statistical significance the Lucky Gunner test suggest super results for .45 Winchester Ranger +P loads (expansion to 1" and 17-18" penetration).
While shot sample is to small for statistical significance the Lucky Gunner test suggest super results for .45 Winchester Ranger +P loads (expansion to 1" and 17-18" penetration).

Hen's teeth.

The .45 ACP works pretty well with even "white box" ammo.

Awhile back, the 50/box HST was available at a very good price, and have found it to be an excellent choice for many cartridges.

[Linked Image from s33.postimg.cc]

GR
Posted By: Slavek Re: Hi...I'm a Glockaholic... - 08/13/23
That gun has merit the only thing I have against it is relatively large size due to .45ACP chambering. The G43 is substantially smaller and one can easily carry second one instead of spare magazine. I can deploy second gun faster than changing magazine of one pistol.
That gun has merit the only thing I have against it is relatively large size due to .45ACP chambering. The G43 is substantially smaller and one can easily carry second one instead of spare magazine. I can deploy second gun faster than changing magazine of one pistol.

Small... enough.

And, at the same time, big enough to fight with, like a service pistol.

The mags are also small and relatively light weight as well.

It's a defensive pistol - for shootin' one's way out of trouble.

... not into it.

GR
© 24hourcampfire