-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. Main copetitor for that gun is probably S&W Shield .45ACP. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Slavek
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.
You find it promise to shoot yourself with it.
In the head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking at those pics the 36 does seem slimmer. Main copetitor for that gun is probably S&W Shield .45ACP. I have no interest in .45 ACP for CCW. One gun I have been searching for is XDs in .40 S&W, not easy gun to find.

PERFORMANCE CENTER® M&P®45 SHIELD M2.0 4" BARREL ...?

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

Pretty tough to beat as well.

Just a little heavier is all.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Raferman
🤷‍♂️The overall thickness of 30s is only .2" > G36. If extra weight is a problem there is no law prohibiting loading G30s magazine with 6 cartridges. When Glock engineers were designing G36 they were trying to best legendary Charter Arms Bulldog?

Honestly?

The G30 is a "brick" compared to the slimline G36.

26.3 oz. v. 22.4 oz empty wt. - that's a 1/4 lb.

And then there is the bulk.

- Slimline G36 v. G30 -
[Linked Image from s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

In an IWB holster?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Different animals all together.

GR
The glock 36 being glocks least popular model.

Sure.

Its qualities, outside of precision, weight, and reliability - are anathema to Glock fans.

But for a slimline light-weight CCW .45 ACP?

It is outstanding.

Good on Glock for colorin' outside the lines on this one.

GR
The 36 and 19 are awful close in size and one is easy to use and carries a couple more rounds to boot.
But if you gotta have a little .45.

Different enough to notice in an IWB holster.

Coupla things about that.

As mentioned, have been very happy with the Glock G23.4 .40's.

Same form factor as the G19, and 180 gr. ammo is very easy to shoot well.

But single-stack CCW pistols with 4" Bbl's weren't really available when I started lookin' for a little more compact pistol.

Probably would have gotten a G48 9mm had they been available.

But the G36, as a .45 ACP, is just fine for a personal protection CCW.

What is never discussed by the Gel block junkies is dwell time to stop.

Would rather have to shoot and hit twice, than three or more time, and the sooner the threat is stopped, the better.

And every miss is problematic.

So I have come to respect it as a big hammer for small jobs.

... with a reload.

3.8" Bbl'ed GLOCK G36.
0.87" Average Expansion.
4-layers of Denim and Two 1-Gal. water jugs (12").

GR

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"Get yourself a Glock, and lose that nickle plated sissy pistol."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"Get yourself a Glock, and lose that nickle plated sissy pistol."

Glock's marketing was sheer genius and Hollywood helped them out tremendously. Even today when Glock is just another in a long line of very good pistols the hype propels them to the top of the heap.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by deflave
MontanaMarine,

I like your really big one.

LOL, Yeah it's a smooth shooter.

I bet it fills a lot of gaps...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
MontanaMarine,

Hmmm........the front sight though?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Got the rusted G-22 out of the soak in the parts washer. Pitted slde lock, extractor plunger, extractor, plus a couple other parts. Worse part is the plunger's cut hole in the slide is pitted inside. So am considering mounting the slide in the mill and running a slightly over sized drill bit into the hole to clean it up. I will try a hand turn on the bit first to see if that does the trick.

I just got in a new slide lock and the frame steel insert, plus the recoil spring.

These guns were $319 from PSA. So a good bit can be done, on my own, without going into the, over priced range. But there is a down side if buying anything "as is" and "unseen", especially if you can not do the work yourself. That is the actual point of my post, not a Glock problem, but operator negligence.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Glock G23.4, with 180 gr. subsonic hollow-points, is the absolute center of the pistol requirement.

Big/Small/Heavy/Light/Powerful/Soft/High cap./Low cap./Complex/Simple/Reliable/Durable/Precise/Effective/Economical...

... enough.

[Linked Image from 4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com]

There, it needed to be said.

GR

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
MontanaMarine,

Hmmm........the front sight though?

#frenchtickler

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Glock G23.4, with 180 gr. subsonic hollow-points, is the absolute center of the pistol requirement.

Big/Small/Heavy/Light/Powerful/Soft/High cap./Low cap./Complex/Simple/Reliable/Durable/Precise/Effective/Economical...

... enough.

[Linked Image from 4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com]

GR

I always thought subsonic HP are waste of HP benefit, do they expand fully at lower velocity? The G4 are the way to go because almost all if not all spare barrels (except those for Gen 5 specifically) are designed to accept dual recoil spring and are sold as fitting Gen 1 through Gen 4. I mention this because .40 S&W guys.often buy 9x19 conversion barrel for their guns.
I seen good used Gen 4 G17 recently. Like new: front serrations, metal sights, extended mag release, extended slide stop, good non-slippery slide finish made ca. 2017, excellent value on used market about $150 below new gun price that comes with POS plastic sights.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

... enough.

GR

I always thought subsonic HP are waste of HP benefit, do they expand fully at lower velocity? The G4 are the way to go because almost all if not all spare barrels (except those for Gen 5 specifically) are designed to accept dual recoil spring and are sold as fitting Gen 1 through Gen 4. I mention this because .40 S&W guys.often buy 9x19 conversion barrel for their guns.
I seen good used Gen 4 G17 recently. Like new: front serrations, metal sights, extended mag release, extended slide stop, good non-slippery slide finish made ca. 2017, excellent value on used market about $150 below new gun price that comes with POS plastic sights.

the .40/180 gr. - is generally at the top of subsonic velocity.

And, yes, they are outstanding.

How the .40 made its bones.

GR

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Interesting is that a close examination of the now thoroughly cleaned G-22s guns says they are in fact G-23s and not G-22s as was advertised.

I did a paint job on the rust bucket with phosphoric acid, Ospho, to kill the rust inside, then polished off the dry white silicate parts to functional. That pitted parts business bothered me, so I replaced those parts. Fitted the 357 Sig barrel, very minor, fitting, the 9x19 barrel fit up just fine.

The trigger on the rust bucket is gritty, so springs replacement and a total polish of all trigger metal parts for it.

The nicer condition gun of the two guns has an 3 pound trigger in it, as is, when cleaned and has after market steel green dot sights, stamped CH-3 front and rear. Someone did a bit of work on that carry gun and kept it in good shape.

The G-19 Gen 4 Magpul mags fit and functions just fine in both guns, as do the grip bottom caps.

Last edited by Rapier; 07/31/23.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rapier
Interesting is that a close examination of the now thoroughly cleaned G-22s guns says they are in fact G-23s and not G-22s as was advertised.

I did a paint job on the rust bucket with phosphoric acid, Ospho, to kill the rust inside, then polished off the dry white silicate parts to functional. That pitted parts business bothered me, so I replaced those parts. Fitted the 357 Sig barrel, very minor, fitting, the 9x19 barrel fit up just fine.

The trigger on the rust bucket is gritty, so springs replacement and a total polish of all trigger metal parts for it.

The nicer condition gun of the two guns has an 3 pound trigger in it, as is, when cleaned and has after market steel green dot sights, stamped CH-3 front and rear. Someone did a bit of work on that carry gun and kept it in good shape.

The G-19 Gen 4 Magpul mags fit and functions just fine in both guns, as do the grip bottom caps.

Sent an old G23.2 that I had back to the mother ship, on my nickel, because it had some rusty springs.

They overhauled it and returned it, gratis.

GR

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Should have included that 36 and asked them to throw it in a furnace.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Have Two - in case the first one ends up in an evidence locker for a year... after doin' its job.

Great IWB pistol.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why? This is perfectly serviceable defensive pistol. Look, boomers often carry five or six shot revolvers which are nearly impossible to reload efficiently under stress. The G36 is clearly superior to most revolvers (S&W does make excellent light weight 8-shot .357 revolver, but most will have hard time affording one of those > 2x as expensive as a Glock).

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
only two Glerks left for now, 40/4 & 19/5

the 40/4 always on me in the sticks for 4 legged asswholes & the 19/5 elsewhere for the 2 legged ones

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

waiting for a 40/5 with 7" stvol

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What's the Beretta? Looks cool.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 14,834 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,171
Posts18,543,004
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.