Home
I dont want to stir the pot, but I really want to know the pros and cons of both. I love my SA's, but wonder if I am missing anything by not having a Kimber. I have one Longslide 45 Super and one Full size w/ Robar.
Caz,<BR>Go to the local shop that carries Kimbers and play with a std. model.<BR>Then handle a gold match.<BR>At this point it will be clear.<BR>Your SA's are good solid pistols.The kimbers are good,solid and SWEET!<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E
Amen.
Sweet? I am not lickin' it just shooting. I love the lonngslide in 45 super, I havent seen a comparable model from Kimber.<P>Thanks <P>Chris
I don't think Kimber offers a longslide (ie longer than the standard brl length).<P>What Colt is to SAA.<P>Kimber is to 1911 45 ACP.<P>You want facts? Pick a topic Kimber wins.<P>Accuracy out of box? Kimber<BR>Price? Kimber<BR>Warrenty? Kimber<P>get it?<P>My first had experience with Kimber warrenty dept. I had my kimber blown to pieces due to my fault. They repaired for free.<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited March 28, 2001).]
I love my Kimber Custom Classic. As most people know, I am more into long guns than handguns. However, I broke down one day and went to the Turners Outdoorsman store here in Pasadena last December and bought myself my first 1911. I sure am glad I bought the Kimber. I love shooting that gun because it is so smooooth. Accurate? Yes!! I love shooting out the red circle on a target and leaving a big, empty hole. I only wish I could afford their more expensive models. Oh well, I am very content with what I've got. [Linked Image]
Big Dawg!!!!<BR>Hey! I have a HI-Vel powder can with a $2.50 price sticker on it from "Turners gunshop,Pasadena"!!!!!!!!<BR>My Bud Richard Venola(Marine Buddy)sent it to me!!!!<BR>Kimbers are too SWEET!<BR>That's the only thing I can use to describe the differences.My Gold Match did at LEAST 6000 rounds and still held 3" at 50yds.<BR>Save the scratch.You only go 'round once!<BR>E4E
I wouldn't trade my kimber custom target for a double handful of colt's 1911's.
I own 2 kimbers, one ultra carry and one ultra CDP--basically the same with better sights and that ugly "meltdown" treatment. There is nothing, and I mean nothing within $500 of their price that will touch these pistols for what they are designed for. Get a Kimber and be happy. I am fighting the urge every day to keep from buying a Gold Match, since I own several tricked out Colts that will do the same job, but, but, but.......is there a 12 step program for gun owners who want just one more......??????
I think that E4E hit the nail on the head with the sweet adjective. I love my Springfield Armory, and would never sell it. My correspondence with them has been very positive. They are a good solid company, and build a very good pistol. But if price is not an issue, get the Kimber. There is something special about it.
© 24hourcampfire