Print Thread
Hop To
C
Cazador Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I dont want to stir the pot, but I really want to know the pros and cons of both. I love my SA's, but wonder if I am missing anything by not having a Kimber. I have one Longslide 45 Super and one Full size w/ Robar.

GB1

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Caz,<BR>Go to the local shop that carries Kimbers and play with a std. model.<BR>Then handle a gold match.<BR>At this point it will be clear.<BR>Your SA's are good solid pistols.The kimbers are good,solid and SWEET!<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Amen.

C
Cazador Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Sweet? I am not lickin' it just shooting. I love the lonngslide in 45 super, I havent seen a comparable model from Kimber.<P>Thanks <P>Chris

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't think Kimber offers a longslide (ie longer than the standard brl length).<P>What Colt is to SAA.<P>Kimber is to 1911 45 ACP.<P>You want facts? Pick a topic Kimber wins.<P>Accuracy out of box? Kimber<BR>Price? Kimber<BR>Warrenty? Kimber<P>get it?<P>My first had experience with Kimber warrenty dept. I had my kimber blown to pieces due to my fault. They repaired for free.<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited March 28, 2001).]

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I love my Kimber Custom Classic. As most people know, I am more into long guns than handguns. However, I broke down one day and went to the Turners Outdoorsman store here in Pasadena last December and bought myself my first 1911. I sure am glad I bought the Kimber. I love shooting that gun because it is so smooooth. Accurate? Yes!! I love shooting out the red circle on a target and leaving a big, empty hole. I only wish I could afford their more expensive models. Oh well, I am very content with what I've got. [Linked Image]

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big Dawg!!!!<BR>Hey! I have a HI-Vel powder can with a $2.50 price sticker on it from "Turners gunshop,Pasadena"!!!!!!!!<BR>My Bud Richard Venola(Marine Buddy)sent it to me!!!!<BR>Kimbers are too SWEET!<BR>That's the only thing I can use to describe the differences.My Gold Match did at LEAST 6000 rounds and still held 3" at 50yds.<BR>Save the scratch.You only go 'round once!<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I wouldn't trade my kimber custom target for a double handful of colt's 1911's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own 2 kimbers, one ultra carry and one ultra CDP--basically the same with better sights and that ugly "meltdown" treatment. There is nothing, and I mean nothing within $500 of their price that will touch these pistols for what they are designed for. Get a Kimber and be happy. I am fighting the urge every day to keep from buying a Gold Match, since I own several tricked out Colts that will do the same job, but, but, but.......is there a 12 step program for gun owners who want just one more......??????

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I think that E4E hit the nail on the head with the sweet adjective. I love my Springfield Armory, and would never sell it. My correspondence with them has been very positive. They are a good solid company, and build a very good pistol. But if price is not an issue, get the Kimber. There is something special about it.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (300_savage, 35, BallisticBRYAN, Akhutr, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,884
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.