Home
Slow day here at work... grin

I thought it would be fun to post a pic of your current favorite bang-bang and say why.

I just got this Mountain Gun about a month and a half ago from another forum member. It shoots really nice, is OK to look at and it's surprisingly easy to pack and hide under a jacket. This one is a go-to-gun for me these days smile

[Linked Image]

Easy for me! This gun just seems like it was made for my hand. I shoot it great and very naturally and it just feels perfect.

HK P2000 9mm

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My freedom 475 linebaugh. The gun is more accurate than me, feels and looks great. I'm looking forward to walkin her in the woods.
[Linked Image]
My favorite of my hunting pistols is my 1911 Springfield . I just like hunting with the 1911.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

why! every deer and hog Ive ever shot dropped within a few seconds, and with a 300 grain lyman gas check bullet sized .430 over 21 grains of H110 and with the bullets seated out to just shy of the cylinder length with a firm crimp is more accurate than I can even hold at 100 yards
Ruger Security-Six 357 Magnum.

Packed a lot of different rifles over the years and in most cases the Ruger was on my hip. The sights are getting a little fuzzy but I can still shoot it pretty good.
[Linked Image]
S&W M624, 44spl. For me, the perfect balance between power and portability.

[Linked Image]
This is very revealing of one's psyche and the sort of person you are... kinda like posting pictures of your wife and having to explain why you married her! whistle
I guess I like it, because its the only center fire handgun I own. S.W 686 2 1/2 barrel.

Attached picture thCABJN7XX.jpg
I don't know how to get around designating the one I carry as my favorite, even though there are lots of others I feel more warmly about. It's the one on the far left, i.e., the S&W M&P9c. I like it because it shoots pretty good, it's very reliable, it conceals pretty good IWB, and holds twelve in the mag. That X2 light gets put on it (along with a full length, higher capacity, magazine) when I set it on my night stand before I hit the sack.

[Linked Image]
Outstanding thread! Pics to follow.
Weighs nothing, I can carry it regardless of what I'm not wearing, I can hit anything with it to the 25, it's an 8 shooter, ammo is cheap and light, and obviously, it's gorgeous.

[Linked Image]

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Weighs nothing, I can carry it regardless of what I'm not wearing, I can hit anything with it to the 25, it's an 8 shooter, ammo is cheap and light, and obviously, it's gorgeous.

[Linked Image]

Travis

How do you carry it in your thong???? Wait a minute!!!! Nevermind!!!!
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
Easy for me! This gun just seems like it was made for my hand. I shoot it great and very naturally and it just feels perfect.

HK P2000 9mm

Hell of a pistola you got there seattle! They are nice shooters.

Travis
deerhunter,

You're thinking of ingwe my friend.

Travis
Once I thought this thread couldnt get any better. Then to my suprise it has. Pics of Our favorite guns and the thought of any of you in a thong. Gonna take alot of electricity to get those mental pictures out of my mind!
Let the record show it is deerhunter's fault.

Travis
I've certainly got nicer stuff but this one I handle every day. S&W 5904 with CT grips and new trijicons. I replaced the hammer with a bobbed one from a compact, and ditto with the previous ambi safety with a left-side-only version from something or other.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by seattlesetters

HK P2000 9mm

Hell of a pistola you got there seattle! They are nice shooters.

Travis

Thanks, man. It's perhaps the sweetest firearm I've ever held. It fits me perfectly, and I'd suspect, it'd fit quite a few folks, as well.
[Linked Image]

Smith and Wesson, Old-Old Russian. I just like it.
Let the record show it is deerhunter's fault
Travis

grin
It's hard for me to pick a favorite, it's usually the one I'm playing with at the time, but here are some.[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Hello
My Favorite hand gun in my collection would have to be my First Year 1935 Registered Magnum. Why because they are all hand built customer ordered guns and S&W only offered them from 1935-1938 time span. S&W broke the Ice in the Magnum Cartridge world with the Birth of the .357 Magnum cartridge and the customer ordered hand built gun to fire it...This one shipped with a set of Magna stock's as it is shown with & a 3-1/2" Barrel being the shortest barrel length offered along with a Patridge front sight blade.. To me, this Gun show's Power, Elegance and supreme fit & finish.... TheGeneral.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
generalstuart wins... grin

Travis

Travis

Yep...............
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Travis

Yep...............

How do you top that one? Maybe some "pool pics"?

Travis
He always wins...I never did like that guy grin
My favorite has to be my MKII slabside followed by my T/C Contender 10" .22LR as a close second. Both are very accurate, but the T/C is a little awkward to carry, so it has become my egg buster for the range. Here's the MKII in its latest photo op. She has a dislike for squirrels and chucks. laugh
[Linked Image]
S&W Model 617 K-22 4". Since the day I bought it, this 10 shot K frame .22 has been the most fun I�ve had with a handgun in a long time. When I shoot, I may shoot any of my guns randomly. But if I�m shooting, the 617 is going with me every time.

[Linked Image]
My Jack Huntington built .500 Maximum. It is slicker than snot, beautifully fit and finished, accurate as all getout, and it knocks the bejesus out of game.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
My Jack Huntington built .500 Maximum.

Hey Whitworth, what kind of wood are those grips?
Originally Posted by RufusG

They're made out of magic.

Travis
Originally Posted by RufusG

English walnut -- no, magic English walnut! grin
My Jack Huntington built .500 Maximum. It is slicker than snot, beautifully fit and finished, accurate as all getout, and it knocks the bejesus out of game.

[Linked Image]
What frame is that?
Ruger .357 Maximum, Kevin.
I kinda thought it was, but those don't exactly grow on trees. Not that I go out looking for them, but since that gun came out, I can think of about 2 that I've seen for sale. Where do these custom gunsmith's find these all the time?
You have to supply the gun. I see them up for sale on the various sites fairly frequently and picked this one up specifically for the project. They're out there, you just have to look.
I was mostly just interested as a curiosity. I don�t ever see me needing something like a .500 maximum. I have shot the .357 Maximum several times and I actually liked it. Makes a fantastic long range revolver cartridge, but it�s L O U D!! For me in my world, a .41 magnum would do anything I ever need and then some. One of these days I�m going to stop threatening, and just buy a S&W Model 58. There�s no logic behind it, but I�ve always wanted one.
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I was mostly just interested as a curiosity. I don�t ever see me needing something like a .500 maximum. I have shot the .357 Maximum several times and I actually liked it. Makes a fantastic long range revolver cartridge, but it�s L O U D!! For me in my world, a .41 magnum would do anything I ever need and then some. One of these days I�m going to stop threatening, and just buy a S&W Model 58. There�s no logic behind it, but I�ve always wanted one.

For me there is no better reason! Do it!

[Linked Image]

Travis
Travis, do you frequently carry this as your primary defensive weapon?
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]

Travis

No. That's my brain.

But as far as firearms go? Yes.

Travis
Post a pic of my ONE favorite handgun, and explain why it's my favorite??? ONE???

Sorry, no can do.

I have too many "favorites", and they all have their reasons for being so. I was able to narrow it down to 3, though...

1. My all-time fun & fantasy pistola, a pristine Colt 45:

[Linked Image]

This first-generation 1907 vintage Colt SAA in 45 Colt qualifies as my "favorite" in part because of my fondness for SAA's, which stems back to being a kid and my favorite capgun, which was a kid-sized 4-5/8" SAA replica with mother-of-pearl grips. I found the balance of that little capgun to be perfect in my hand, and was stunned to find as a grown man and experienced handgunner the first time I held a SAA, it was exactly the same except bigger and a lot meaner than a capgun! The short SAA balances and points perfectly for me. This gun, manufactured in 1907, is in beautiful condition. It shoots wonderfully well with my handloaded blackpowder ammunition, and has helped win me many a Cowboy Action match ribbon.

2. My uber-accurate MMC 1911 (shown with my latest Bisley project gun):

[Linked Image]

This is the only pic I have on Photobucket of my best 1911, a Mark Morris Custom that I've had for about 10 years. MMC guns are renowned for accuracy and reliability, and the price tag reflects this. It's not only a phenomenal shooter capable of sub-1" groups at 50 feet (indoor Bullseye distance), but it's got a great deal of personal meaning to me as well. I bought it from one of my closest friends for a ridiculously low price, with the understanding that I can sell it to no one but him. As it happens, we've sold the gun back and forth a couple times since 1999, always for the same price. It represents an enduring bond of friendship and comradeship-in-arms. Finally, aside from all of that, it has served me well in competition and in the field. I have won a number of IDPA matches with this pistol and collected a couple of whitetail does with it as well.

3. Last, but not least:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This 1911 is my co-favorite 1911. Like MMC gun, this pistola has had some serious 'smithing done to it to make it very accurate (not to the MMC level, but damn good) and very reliable. Unlike the MMC gun, this Kimber TLE II is not a range-only gun that lives in the safe most of the time. The Kimber has been on my hip on- and off-duty more than any other pistol I own. It was my approved sidearm for SWAT duty for 2 years, and I had absolute confidence that should the SHTF I could count on it to meet my needs. I've prettied it up some with the silver grips, now that I don't carry it on-duty, which is fun, but it's still a serious working pistola under all that. It sees more barbecues than it does call-outs nowadays, but it's also on my hip almost any time I go into Town.

I really like the.357 Maximum: you get the "big gun" experience without the big gun recoil. I run Hornady 180gr XTP's over H4227 and it's loud, but the recoil is no more than a mid-range 44 Magnum and is mitigated by the sheer size of the revolver.

I see them semi-regularly here in Oregon, maybe 1-2 a year. Oddly enough, they most often are accompanied by the box, shipping sleeve, papers, etc. and have seen very little use. I don't think I've seen one for sale that showed any evidence of having been fired extensively. I bought this one at a pretty big discount as it was drilled and tapped for a scope base. Pictured alongside some quality reading material grin

[Linked Image]

That's a very nice piece you've got there! Looks pretty pristine!

Hey I recognize that book! grin
[Linked Image]

Simply because it was my grandfather's. He bought it after he came back from Korea.
That one's tuggin' at the heart strings... blush smile
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
[Linked Image]

Simply because it was my grandfather's. He bought it after he came back from Korea.
Regardless, that's a great one. I just love .22 DA revolvers.
Hard question...but it's which ever of these two I have in my hand or holster. Either the 4" Model 57 (no dash) or the 5" Model 27-2. I carved up the factory grips long before they were valuable...but since I'll never sell either, guess it's moot.

[Linked Image]
Nice Smiths! Those factory grips do feel alot better when slimmed up a bit and rounded off.

Hello Kevin
The design flaw of the Remington .357 Maximum cartridge is that it cracked forcing cones severly and erroded the cylinder throats. It was put in Lay Man's Term's Too Damn Hot to place in a revolver, that is one resason that S&W did not Jump on board and make a gun to fire it. I know Dan Wesson did but I don't know what the outcome would be of extended firing of the round in one. As Far as the .41 Magnum it is a re-loader's dream and does everything that the .44 Magnum Cartridge does but has a little less bullet drop. I am Very fond of Ole Mable my Model 57 S&W chambered in .41 Magnum...Here she is....TheGeneral

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No. That's my brain.
No primary weapon, then? laugh

Travis
I like the idea, but .22 lr wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence in ability to stop a determined and armed threat in time to neutralize his attack. Fill me in, if you don't mind, on your thinking in this regard. Are you depending on a brain shot?
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
[Linked Image]

Sweet! Something to be proud to own, right there. Love the old classic S&W revolvers, especially the ones with family history.

PS I have the same one, but with a two inch barrel.

No. That's my brain.
No primary weapon, then? laugh

Travis
I like the idea, but .22 lr wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence in ability to stop a determined and armed threat in time to neutralize his attack. Fill me in, if you don't mind, on your thinking in this regard. Are you depending on a brain shot?

First of all... You can GFY for that comment. grin

I view that handgun as more of a "get out of trouble" solution than "solve the problem" solution. And, where I live and recreate I am out of town just as much as I am in town. So 22's just make a lot of sense for me.

Travis
Thanks for the reply. Can't imagine anyone wanting to persist in their threat with eight fast, well placed, .22 lr rounds heading their way, for sure.
Being a fabulous shot does increase my confidence in handling a situation.

Travis
You know what would be awesome? If they made that model with a three inch barrel and an interchangeable .22 Magnum cylinder. I don't think I'd be able to resist buying one if they did that. Practice with the long rifle, and keep it loaded with the Magnum.
I would have to chrony some stingers against the maggie stuff.

I just received a Fobus paddle holster for it and the clip does not interefere. XS is making a tritium front too. Will order one later this week.

Travis
Today it is...

Colt Official Police 38
Barrel was shortened and a King front site added sometime during it's life.

It came with plastic formed grips that I really like the shape of.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've got a soft spot for the Official Police. For some reason, I can shoot one really well. I have two. Yours would be improved by a bobbed hammer, IMO.
Probably this one, but then again, I have a lot of favorites.

It now wears a set of VZ grips, but no new pics.

Absolutely, a "bet your life on it" gun.

MM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I was kinda hopin for some thong pics. You guys are letting me down.
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Some "pool pics" would be nice too...just not of Travis. Lol
Here is one. One of my bisley's. Just cant be sure if its mine or my wife's.
[Linked Image]
The thong that is
I would have to chrony some stingers against the maggie stuff.

I just received a Fobus paddle holster for it and the clip does not interefere. XS is making a tritium front too. Will order one later this week.

Travis
With a three inch barrel, I bet you would see significantly more energy with the Magnums. A tritium, or even fiber optic, front sight would be an excellent mod for that gun.

OK, here ya go...

[Linked Image]

Colt SAA an' all...
grin

Another usual favorite of mine is a Clements Single Six with a Douglas short tube. The small frame on a Bisley grip seems to be exactly formed to my hand and is a joy to hold and shoot. My thumb rests naturally on the very top curve of the grip strap and can rest there because there is no recoil to contend with.

This one is going to my son as soon as he can load and shoot it on his own...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DocRocket

OK, here ya go...

[Linked Image]

Colt SAA an' all...
grin
WOW

OK, here ya go...

[Linked Image]

Colt SAA an' all...
grin
Dang! I was wonderin' why my saddle smelled funny.
Just last weekend I killed a deer with my blackhawk 45lc, my first hangun kill on a big critter.
Right now I love this pistol.
[Linked Image]
Right now its my 1911. Colt CCO slide, Clark barrel, custom caspian frame with the serial# Bite Me. The most accurate semi auto ive ever shot.

[Linked Image]
Hey Jamie, congrats on your successful hunt with your Blackhawk.
Originally Posted by Jamie
Just last weekend I killed a deer with my blackhawk 45lc, my first hangun kill on a big critter.
[Linked Image]
Awesome. Congrats on the deer!
Originally Posted by generalstuart

Hello Kevin
The design flaw of the Remington .357 Maximum cartridge is that it cracked forcing cones severly and erroded the cylinder throats. It was put in Lay Man's Term's Too Damn Hot to place in a revolver, that is one resason that S&W did not Jump on board and make a gun to fire it. I know Dan Wesson did but I don't know what the outcome would be of extended firing of the round in one. As Far as the .41 Magnum it is a re-loader's dream and does everything that the .44 Magnum Cartridge does but has a little less bullet drop. I am Very fond of Ole Mable my Model 57 S&W chambered in .41 Magnum...Here she is....TheGeneral

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beautiful revolvers!

Actually, the problem was flame cutting but that only reared its ugly head when fools started loading light bullets at high velocities. When loaded as intended -- heavy bullets at .357 Magnum-like velocities, this wasn't an issue. But, in my humble opinion, every .357 Maximum deserves to become a .500 Maximum! grin
aww come on..
That is like asking me to post a photo of my favorite child!
Originally Posted by Jamie
[Linked Image]

I have the exact same revolver and it is rapidly becoming a favorite of mine.
Les Baer Comanche Monolith. Adjustable Trijicons, 1 1/2" @ 50yds accuracy guarantee. It's eaten everything I've fed it through close to 4k rds, had never bobbled once and continually impresses me with how well it shoots. It's still very tight but is kept clean and gets carried quite often.

It truly makes me look like a better pistol shooter then I am. Groups out to 15yds are almost boring due its tendency to pile bullet after bullet on top of each other.

[Linked Image]
Last trip home it was these two that were taken out. The first because it is a somewhat recent acquisition. The second becuse I stumbled upon a box of 45 Colt handloads that I didn't realize I had.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
General,

Love those nickel S&W�s, your 57 is absolutely beautiful. The .41 is such a magnificent cartridge. If you ask me, it�s �better� than the .44 Magnum; and that�s saying something.

It is somewhere in one of these pictures...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/100_3858.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/100_3877.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/100_3943.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/100_4309.jpg[/img]

Originally Posted by alukban

[Linked Image]

That is a SWEET little sixgun!! Is that a Clements catalog offering, or did you have him build it for you special? You've got my gears turning now...
Hey shrap, if you were capable of dying, which one would you leave me?

Travis

You may want to shoot a few to make a request based on your personal experience...
OK< Shrap. Now that I've seen those pics, I understand why Venturino picks on you in his magazine stories... he's green with envy!!!
laugh
It seems there are several of these around the fire.
Great shootin Blackhawk in 45 colt.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by generalstuart

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is quite honestly one of the most beautiful guns I have ever seen....I am a HUGE smith and .41 mag fan and I have been searching for a nice one to buy
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You may want to shoot a few to make a request based on your personal experience...

Yes sir.

Travis

That is a SWEET little sixgun!! Is that a Clements catalog offering, or did you have him build it for you special? You've got my gears turning now...

It's not a catalog item. That's a 4" Douglas barrel BTW. If you have one made, ask for a couple thou' more on the front sight that he gave me because my rear is bottomed out.

It does shoot sweet smile
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[Linked Image]

NOT COOL!!!! mad laugh
Model 57's don't come just in nickel...

[Linked Image]

S-prefix M57, 41 Magnum.
You guys are just cruel.
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Model 57's don't come just in nickel...

[Linked Image]

S-prefix M57, 41 Magnum.
That came with target grips, didn't it?
It likely did, but it had aftermarket grips on when I bought it. The diamond magnas were from another of my 'Smiths.
AHHHH

I know they come in blue and I am not racist....I would take either one!! grin

I have got to get me one.....that is for sure my dream gun right now
Agree. Tough to beat a 5 1/2" 45 Colt Ruger Bisley. About the perfect hunting handgun. Karnis is borrowing my first run Accusport but this one is still around. Haven't shot it since March though.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Oregon45
It likely did, but it had aftermarket grips on when I bought it. The diamond magnas were from another of my 'Smiths.
I prefer the looks of the Magnas, for sure.
My all time best 357. It is on its second set of grips as I wore the first set down quite a lot. Picture sucks but I'm sure most know what it is. wink

[Linked Image]
Damn you EdM, your pics are killin me. Beautiful!
I'll probably post a Baer Super-tac - which is a Premier with night sights, and Baer-cote (probably cerracote). It is far more accurate than I am. One of these days I oughta buy a Ransom Rest and see what it will really do with good ammo. While not a 1.5" guarantee gun, it seems at least as tight as any 1.5's I've handled.

[Linked Image]
probably this one. Colt's Combat Commander, with a lot of extras. Why? Don't know if I could even 'splane it.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Idared
My all time best 357. It is on its second set of grips as I wore the first set down quite a lot. Picture sucks but I'm sure most know what it is. wink

[Linked Image]
I sure do. That's an RG Industries Model 40. grin

[Linked Image]
No, I believe that was a special run from hipoint
I don't own these but I did handle them today.

These are currently my favorites as I sure do appreciate deep blue, ivory and some history.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../7009734/Toy_Store_Adventure#Post7009734 (for the story behind them)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You really have a good eye. I didn't think anyone would be abe to identify that deluxe model RG 40 from such a bad pictue. laugh
Still the favorite even though it gets little carry time any more.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You really have a good eye. I didn't think anyone would be abe to identify that deluxe model RG 40 from such a bad pictue. laugh
Few possess my keen eye for detail and mastery of handgun trivia. grin
[Linked Image]
I've been carrying this R.O. since I got it. I've shot it a lot...and I'm liking it.
In December 2010 I purchased this NIB S&W 41. A couple of months later I purchased a five inch bull barrel and later added an Ultra dot to it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In less than three years, I have put 10,000 rounds through the iron sighted 7 inch and over 5,000 through the red dot sighted 5 inch. Sometime around 14K rounds the slide stop spring broke but the gun continued to function until I stripped it for cleaning and discovered the break.

Since I shoot this pistol almost every day, it is definately my favorite.
Sweet.
My current favorite handgun is my Ruger SR 22. I've owned a LOT of 22's over the years, and this Ruger is my all-time favorite.

That might change soon...Going to the local gunshow to look at a Beretta Cheeta.

Sorry, no pictures!

Virgil B.
[Linked Image]

Because these are the only ones I have....besides my stainless ruger mkII which is also a keeper grin
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
In December 2010 I purchased this NIB S&W 41. A couple of months later I purchased a five inch bull barrel and later added an Ultra dot to it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In less than three years, I have put 10,000 rounds through the iron sighted 7 inch and over 5,000 through the red dot sighted 5 inch. Sometime around 14K rounds the slide stop spring broke but the gun continued to function until I stripped it for cleaning and discovered the break.

Very nice. I have an early 7" one and last trip home found a 5" upper I ordered from Midway a long time ago (forgotten actually...) in a box on the bench in the garage. Took a bit of fitting but it shoots exceptionally well. Much prefer it over the 7" and am thinking an optic of some sort as well to play. Pleased with the Ultradot? It is at the top of my considerations.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice. I have an early 7" one and last trip home found a 5" upper I ordered from Midway a long time ago (forgotten actually...) in a box on the bench in the garage. Took a bit of fitting but it shoots exceptionally well. Much prefer it over the 7" and am thinking an optic of some sort as well to play. Pleased with the Ultradot? It is at the top of my considerations.
Cant go wrong with an ultradot. I had one that lived on a 500 smith along with some other big boomers. Never failed. Great sight for the money.
I guess I'll have to pick my Glock 20 as my favorite. It does most everything I need a handgun to do. Being able to fire 10mm, .40s&w and .22LR doesn't hurt either.

[Linked Image]
Nice of ya to wipe the milk off his lips for the pic....
I like the Ultra Dot so much I'm going to get another to put on my Ruger Bisley .45. It will make it a better gun for my aging eyes.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I blew some snot on that one...
...and I got some Coke Zero in my nostrils too!

Ah yes, but those who hunt hogs regularly know that they are all potential targets irrespective of age. And that would be classified as a suckling pig -- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that's good eats!

[Linked Image]
grin Kinda what I was thinking when I saw it.

Travis

Yup.

Ernie
N frame Smiths I have 2 The first is my go for whitetail's and such
[Linked Image]

And the one is for close in work.
[Linked Image]
Well here's my current favorite....shoots better than I can hold it!
The deer and other critters are not gonna like it one bit! grin

[Linked Image]

S&W 25-7 .45 Colt with 5" barrel and unfluted cylinder in matte blue finish.............
Hard to go wrong with a Model 19 snubbie

[Linked Image]
I enjoy my P&R'd 629's a bunch too. I load them easy as I do all of my Smith's with the 429421 over 13 grs of HS-6. I had the 6" out earlier in the year though it has been a while with the 4".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My little brother made this gun in jr high shop class 40 years ago and it was just found in someone's basement.
My brother, now a machinist, was going to make it look good, but I told him to leave it like it is, an example of a 14 year old boy's gun build.
He had never heard of leaf springs, so he designed it to use 1950s automotive drum brake return springs.
He made the appearance look like a pistol he saw in a book.
It is made out of all non gun parts.
I remember him working at the garage bench vise for a long time hack sawing and filing that hammer out of a block of steel.
I think he cast the butt out of Pewter, I don't remember why.
The barrel is thick wall tube. It kicks hard when he puts a lot of powder in it.
[Linked Image]
I think this pic is of that gun being shot.. back in the black and white days of 1972.
Does Ed ever drink anything out of that bottle? Or does he just keep filling it?

Travis
Cool gun Clark.

Travis

When it comes to pigs, the smaller the better.

Travis
Does Ed ever drink anything out of that bottle? Or does he just keep filling it?

Travis

I keep pressing him to reveal what's in it, but he keeps telling me "sweet tea."

When it comes to pigs, the smaller the better.

Travis

Exactly -- I tried explaining that earlier in the thread, but it fell on deaf ears. That pig right there will make for great eats!
When I lived in pig country I always looked for ones that could "fit on the pit." grin

If Ed won't answer you, I'm going to put him on ignore.

Travis
If my arm was 7000 miles long, trust me, I would be drinking it 'cuz most things here are clear potatoes. laugh The truth? It is Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac. wink
Originally Posted by EdM
If my arm was 7000 miles long, trust me, I would be drinking it 'cuz most things here are clear potatoes. laugh The truth? It is Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac. wink

Thank you! I feel much better now!
The ignore threat works every time.

Travis
The ignore threat works every time.

Travis

Only if it comes from you.
That is very true. Land in or around San Antonio and I will guarantee fun and a sip of the "Remy" to wash down a good stinky pork burrito. As my wife says, I work rather intensely and I arrive home as a pure knucklehead. Turned off, shut down, done... She is perfection, I am lucky. After near 30 years she does have me dialed in. That said, Travis putting me on ignore would have certainly put me out in the pasture planting a 38 WCF (though a Harton custom Flattop so grace to the end) through my brain.
Obviously, I would have reserved the right to toggle when I needed something from you. I am an ass hole, but not to myself.

Travis
Originally Posted by EdM

Ahhhh... that golden-orange color had me wondering about Remy Martin... R-M VSOP or higher grade is ambrosia!

(The sixguns ain't bad either, Ed... grin )
© 24hourcampfire