Home
Posted By: watch4bear Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
Cool video and shot!

Reminds me of the time I sold a WWll Luger to a custom gunsmith who lived and worked somewhere in the foothills hear Auburn California.
He had made a name for himself by rebuilding Lugers into 45ACP, a 'baby' luger in 380, and other interesting feats of pistolsmithing.

Once he had purchased mine from me, he showed me a very rare artillery issue Luger with a 12 inch (IIRC) bbl and sight's graduated out to 1,000 meters. Optional buttstock, too.

I was amazed at this piece of workmanship but he said it was an impossible idea.

Thanks for putting up that video. Pretty fun stuff.
I saw it, and I know he's a great shot, but I still don't know if I believe it.
Might call that a lucky shot but you have to be pretty darn good to get close enough to get lucky.....
That's awesome. Looks like bullet frag popped it, but still that's some mad skill.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's awesome. Looks like bullet frag popped it, but still that's some mad skill.

Yeah. Balloon shots are kinda deceiving because you're not actually hitting the balloon, it's just proof that you hit the steel. But I'm with you, it really doesn't take away from the fact that he made a heck of a shot.
HUGE Bullschidt flag waving.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Not at all. If you put as many rounds down range as he does, it wouldn't be easy, but it would certainly be probable that he'd be able to do it. Some people point to the pistol's elevation as being too low. Those people don't know squat.

When the Adobe Walls shot was recreated, it was a mile, and the elevation of the Sharps Big Fifty, was no more than 15 degrees for a bullet that started out at about 1100 fps.

Posted By: gmoats Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
I don't doubt that he did it��.I'm skeptical that he did it on the 2nd shot however��.I have 1000 yards�..I'll very shortly have full sized metal silhouette targets and I'll buy balloons��if any of you are driving on I-80 a little west of Laramie and want to give it a try, I'll set it up for you!! :-)
Hell I couldn't even see the target. I'm far sighted but I doubt I could have seen the target in my 20's when my eye sight was about 20/15. If he did it that was some shot.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
TAK thinks Miculek is FOS.

This place is awesome.

Travis
Posted By: alukban Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
Numbers look about right smile

[Linked Image]
He might have (probably) had a few practice shots you don't see on the video to get the drop or holdover in his head. He did have a couple of things going for him - that road leads right to the target so he had a guide for horizontal alignment. Also, those ringers were just under the berm so he had berm/skyline giving him a straight horizontal line for his vertical reference. So even if he couldn't see the target itself, which is just speculating, maybe he could, he still had a "post and crosshair" of sorts showing him right where the target was.

Which doesn't take away from his skill one bit at holding that steady at 1000 yards, especially with that reflex sight. But you could see even he was surprised when he hit it on the second shot.

Long range shooting with a handgun uses the same technique as rifle shooting - drop is pretty much standard from shot to shot, windage is what you have to judge. I can usually hit a 12x12" ringer 2 or 3 out of 5 times at 200 yards with open sights from offhand and do it over and over - once I get the sight picture. You can do it with a 1911 .45 ACP, 6" .357 (easiest), 5 1/2" .45 Colt even a 4" S&W .22, any handgun and load that can hold 6 or 8 MOA at 200. You need that accuracy to give you a little breathing room for sighting error.

Just find where to put the front sight in reference to the rear sight for a 6 o'clock hold so you can see the target, find holdoff for windage - usually only about 1/4 target width or less at 200 - then it's sight picture, sight alignment, breathe, aim, squeeze, just like any other shot.

With a plain black front sight the hardest part is maintaining the same sight alignment each shot. A little more consistent way is by trial and error to find some reference point above the target like a rock or patch of grass or something and hold dead on that each time with a standard sight alignment, but a properly situated reference point is not always available.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
Jerry Miculek is a down home guy who doesn�t need the money, doesn�t care about fame, and gets to shoot all day on somebody else�s nickel. If he says he did it, he did it. He was probably born with a gun in his hand, and his entire family has decades (maybe hundreds of years) of trigger time, access to good ranges, and a supply of ammo that lets them try the zany stuff.
Posted By: alukban Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
In the vid, I heard him say that he used the bottom edge of the Vortex Razor red dot sight as the reference for aiming to get the about 75 to 80 yards of holdover.

If the dot is about >�" from the bottom of that sight's window and Jerry's eye to sight distance is about >26", then that does correspond to about +60 yards of holdover that he needed smile

I don't normally comment when you make some stupid comment, but if you don't believe Jerry made that shot you're even dumber than you act.

Have you ever seen him shoot? The guy is unbelievable. Probably won't ever be another revolver shooter (hell, handgun shooter even) that can match his accomplishments.
Posted By: Boococky Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14

You ought to be used to that, people have been waving it at you for quite some time
You tell em TAK!

Bill Rogers!
Jeff Cooper!
Shooting MoFos in the face!
Truck with no radio!
My buddy who shoots 3Gun!
In country!
CONTACT FRONT!!!!!!!!!!

I've got your six TAK, these guys obviously forgot how awesome you are for a minute. I think I covered your usual buzz words.

Don't worry, you're moving-I'm covering.
I'm sure it took him more than two shots, but I don't think he's trying to lie with the video. It's just that if he had a 30 minute video of missing for two seconds of hitting, nobody would bother to watch it.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14

I have zero doubt hat Jerry made the shot.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/05/14
Originally Posted by safariman
Cool video and shot!

Reminds me of the time I sold a WWll Luger to a custom gunsmith who lived and worked somewhere in the foothills hear Auburn California.
He had made a name for himself by rebuilding Lugers into 45ACP, a 'baby' luger in 380, and other interesting feats of pistolsmithing.

Once he had purchased mine from me, he showed me a very rare artillery issue Luger with a 12 inch (IIRC) bbl and sight's graduated out to 1,000 meters. Optional buttstock, too.

I was amazed at this piece of workmanship but he said it was an impossible idea.

John Martz is the gunsmith you're speaking of; he was a magician. Met him several times at gun shows. Once saw a 3 gun set of Lugers he made. Baby, Navy, and Carbine; all in .38 Super. Which means he had to extend the frame, toggle, and magazine on each one. Absolutely awesome!!! And all 3 guns look like they were born that way.
Apparently you don't know who that man is. He doesn't bullchit!
I don't recall ever shooting at anything over about 250 yards with a handgun, but what I do know is both 9mm and .38 Super are fantastic long range rounds. Light recoil yet flat trajectory.

The thing is, if all you do is study the mechanics of the gun and the cartridge, you'd conclude that it's just not possible. At my old range I shot at 3.25" clay pigeons at 150 yards and hit nearly half the time even though technically the gun isn't accurate enough to hit at that distance.

My point being, what you work out on paper, and what happens in the real world can be two different things.

I'm sure it took a lot of practice to be able to make the shot. You don't pull that one off on a whim.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Cool video and shot!

John Martz is the gunsmith you're speaking of; he was a magician. Met him several times at gun shows. Once saw a 3 gun set of Lugers he made. Baby, Navy, and Carbine; all in .38 Super. Which means he had to extend the frame, toggle, and magazine on each one. Absolutely awesome!!! And all 3 guns look like they were born that way.

You nailed it!

I had forgotten his name until you typed and posted it. Many of his guns were on the cover of "GUNS" Magazine, and fewer times Guns and Ammo. Nice guy, happy to show me and let me handle his amazing work.

I shall never forget his comment, which was:

"The reason you yanks won WWll (I forget what his nation of origin was, maybe Germany? Damned disease and pills etc) was that while Berlin was painstakingly machining these complex and varied versions of Lugers and such, your factories were churning out millions of model 1911 45's!"

And in a larger scale, with US factories running 24/7 building lots of whatevers, the German stuff, while excellent, was slower to manufacture in great numbers from what I have read and seen. His take, anyway, and a wonderful evening spent with him as a budding gun nut in his 20's.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14
...the German stuff, while excellent, was slower to manufacture in great numbers from what I have read and seen.
For the things that really matter, that's true, in small arms, not necessarily true. ME-109 engines were very complex and difficult to manufacture. As were most German tanks. Complexity cost them manufacturing time and reliability in the field. Our M4 Shermans were VASTLY out-classed by German tanks, but our tanks were RELIABLE and theirs weren't.

The 1911 was much easier to manufacture than the P08 Luger, but about the same as the P38, which is why they adopted the P38. But the 1911 still involves some rather complex machining and was one of the more costly things we made. The US even developed a stamped steel version of the 1911 but the war had turned by the time it was developed so it wasn't needed.

The Garand was FAR more complex and expensive to make than the K98, and even the M1 Carbine was more complex and expensive to make. The Thompson was WAY more expensive to make than the MP-40 which is why we ripped off the Brit's idea (STEN) and came up with the M3 Grease Gun.

The MG 34 is a machinists nightmare, that was one expensive machinegun to manufacture. But it was light and portable and offered real advantages over our 1919 model Browning, even though the Browning was FAR more reliable and cheaper to manufacture. But then the Germans made the MG-42 and we were just plain out-classed in both cost and utility (but the Browning is still more reliable).

Had the Germans came up with the MP-44 earlier there certainly would have been many more dead Allied troops, but it wouldn't have affected the outcome of the war.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14
Still waiting on TAK to explain why he feels Jerry Miculek is FOS.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Cause it was Rob Leatham you ignorant azzwipe.
As always, your best defense is to shut right the fugg up.

GREEN BERET!

Travis
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14

Travis

WRONG!

Travis

Are you saying Leatham was the cameraman or the driver on the buggy or......? Because he danged sure wasn't shooting in that video.

You're taking clueless to a whole new level.

CONTACT FRONT!!!!!

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis
Posted By: jds44 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14

Travis

I've shot on the same range with both. I'm pretty sure the guy with the thick cajun accent and the finest revlover shooter to ever live is Jerry.
Originally Posted by jds44

Travis

I've shot on the same range with both. I'm pretty sure the guy with the thick cajun accent and the finest revlover shooter to ever live is Jerry.

Gee, ya think? Flave's ignorant azz asked, "Who's Rob Leatham?" a month or so ago, in the pistol forum. Seeing as how he's that ignorant, I figured he couldn't tell the difference.

That's like posting in a NASCAR forum, "Who's Dale Earnhardt?"
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14
As always, your best defense is to shut right the fugg up.

GREEN BERET!

Travis

Wait, he's back to being a Green Beret again? Since when?
Posted By: RJM Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/07/14
...well he didn't actually hit the balloon. If it had been just on a stick out there it would have never popped..that said just to hit that piece of steel STANDING UNSUPPORTED with a 9mm revolver is a feat in itself. I have seen a lot of his videos and the man is astounding.

Mac and I have been shooting out to 800 yards this week but we do it from the supported backrest position. Don't think I have shot a handgun much over two hundred standing but may have to try...

Bob
Originally Posted by gitem_12

That would be former Green Beret, you lardazz. I'm retired.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14

I can't kwep your multiple personas straight, you have to many.

So when you're TAK you're a Green Beret, but when you're Johnny Loco you're an air Combat Controller.
When you log on as Uriah, you have a man crush on Flave, and as Sherp you're just an Idiot, that sound about right?

So when you're TAK you're a Green Beret, but when you're Johnny Loco you're an air Combat Controller.
When you log on as Uriah, you have a man crush on Flave, and as Sherp you're just an Idiot, that sound about right?

You vyin' with Rauncho for the Dumbschidt of the Year trophy? I spend WAY too much time on here under my own handle, and not once have I ever logged on, or even THOUGHT about logging on, under another one. Now trot to the store for some Slimfast, and be quick about it.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14

You vyin' with Rauncho for the Dumbschidt of the Year trophy? I spend WAY too much time on here under my own handle, and not once have I ever logged on, or even THOUGHT about logging on, under another one. Now trot to the store for some Slimfast, and be quick about it.

Your first comment on this thread assured that you won that Trophy
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14

Gee, ya think? Flave's ignorant azz asked, "Who's Rob Leatham?" a month or so ago, in the pistol forum. Seeing as how he's that ignorant, I figured he couldn't tell the difference.

That's like posting in a NASCAR forum, "Who's Dale Earnhardt?"

Holy fuggin' born-CHUMP.

Laughin'...

Tell us more about Miculek being FOS. Then tell us about your days in the "Special" Forces.

Travis
Tell us all about Rob Leatham, you ignorant [bleep].

Just when I think you can't get any dumber...

Travis

Travis

Tell us how to cook something spoon.
Posted By: Boococky Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14

Travis

Tell us how to cook something spoon.

You prove over and over what a complete and utter moron you are and yet expect to win a battle of wits you are completely unarmed for.
His google-fu library must end before the letter "J".

Too fuggin' funny.

Travis
Posted By: Fotis Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14
How can he even see the balloon at 1k? Wow.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/08/14

It's not that hard, if you hold high enough...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eh76 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It's not that hard, if you hold high enough...

[Linked Image]

22 shorts?
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14
Originally Posted by Fotis

If that is a serious question...

WOW!

Travis
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee crying that Jerry Miculek is FOS
Posted By: Fotis Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14

WOW!

Travis

Why is that Travis?
I think there are probably several of us on the fire that could hit that plate at a 1000. I would want one of my .44s and it may take me 25 shots (vs.2 for micukek) but it doesn't seem crazy for a reasonably good shot that has done some long range handgunning.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14

I am an amazing shot, but I don't think I could see the plate at 1000 yards, let alone a balloon...
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I think there are probably several of us on the fire that could hit that plate at a 1000. I would want one of my .44s and it may take me 25 shots (vs.2 for micukek) but it doesn't seem crazy for a reasonably good shot that has done some long range handgunning.

There's a sucker born every minute.....

WOW!

Travis

The question is a lot more serious than your dumb azz, you silly, gullible mofo.
Why does everyone think he was aiming at the balloon when he makes it pretty obvious that he was just trying to hit the steel.

And what makes y'all think he hit it on his second shot?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14

WOW!

Travis

The question is a lot more serious than your dumb azz, you silly, gullible mofo.

I think your doc needs to change your Aids Meds. They are causing you to be very moody, I wouldn't be surprised if don't start beating your spousel

TAK,

If you ever find the time to use a handgun, you'd be amazed what can be done with one.

CONTACT FRONT!

Travis
Originally Posted by eh76

22 shorts?

45 LC.

Travis
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

There's a sucker born every minute.....

I've been kind of quite about this but I think you are more right than wrong.

That steel target wasn't very big to be seen with a naked eye especially by an older gentleman. In my twenties I shot bulls eye pistol in the National Guard. To get to the pistol range I would have to pass the shooting line for the thousand yard targets. We had two guys from my unit shooting at a thousand yards using match grade M-1s and M-14s. Those thousand yard targets were huge but those targets were awfully small targets at thousand yards. I remember just how small those 800 meter pop-up targets I had to qualify on in basic training looked and those targets were huge. Back in the day I had very good eye sight as I'm far sighted and it was quite a challenge to hit a 800 meter target with a rifle from rest.

As someone said, there was a road directly to the target and he had practiced his hold so following the road and knowing where to hold bam he hits the steel with a second shot and makes it look like he is super man.

A propaganda video if you ask me.
Hey TAK, looks like derby_douche agrees with you.

Maybe you gals can hook up and play Dungeons and Dragons this week.

Travis
This place is so ridiculous.

A bunch of do-nothings that once upon a time walked by a target at 1K yards doubting what JM can do.

I have no doubt that a lot of guys here couldn't hit a barn from the inside. But that doesn't mean that nobody else can shoot either.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

A bunch of do-nothings that once upon a time walked by a target at 1K yards doubting what JM can do.

I have no doubt that a lot of guys here couldn't hit a barn from the inside. But that doesn't mean that nobody else can shoot either.

G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

Derby, like myself, is a vet. Unlike you and your pothead buddy Rauncho. I'd wager that Derb wouldn't get drunk in front of his kids either. I'm sure I'd find Derby to be a nice guy. Next time I make it to Helena I'll look him up.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

I also enjoyed that video you posted of you shooting last week......oh wait, no. Nevermind.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14
DD, I don't understand your post. You say it is difficult, but you can figure out how someone could game it and pull it off, and then you call it a propaganda stunt. So, it sounds like you say its hard, but it can be done, but it is a gimmick. I guess that makes it a difficult gimmick. I think that was the point of the whole thing.

I haven't seen JM in person in a couple of decades, but that is the kind of stuff his whole family has been attempting forever. Their idea of barbecue guns doesn't involve bling, but a bunch of guns they bring to a barbecue and shoot for the sheer fun of it. Couple that with an awesome skill level, and who knows what the guy can do. But, as long as the guns and ammo are flowing, he'll keep letting us know.

Derby, like myself, is a vet. Unlike you and your pothead buddy Rauncho. I'd wager that Derb wouldn't get drunk in front of his kids either. I'm sure I'd find Derby to be a nice guy. Next time I make it to Helena I'll look him up.

No problem, look me up.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
DD, I don't understand your post. You say it is difficult, but you can figure out how someone could game it and pull it off, and then you call it a propaganda stunt. So, it sounds like you say its hard, but it can be done, but it is a gimmick. I guess that makes it a difficult gimmick. I think that was the point of the whole thing.

I haven't seen JM in person in a couple of decades, but that is the kind of stuff his whole family has been attempting forever. Their idea of barbecue guns doesn't involve bling, but a bunch of guns they bring to a barbecue and shoot for the sheer fun of it. Couple that with an awesome skill level, and who knows what the guy can do. But, as long as the guns and ammo are flowing, he'll keep letting us know.

Sorry for the confusion. What I was getting at is he sets everything up just right to get the shot but his video makes it look to a non-shooter that he is super shooter. To those of us who shoot a lot we know that it's takes a lot to pull off a stunt like that.

I knew Bob Munden personally and he did some amazing things with shooting but what the average person doesn't know is that all of his shooting was a staged stunt. When Bob could not stage his shooting he wasn't really all that good.

Anybody can look good with staged stunt shooting but doing it the first time out of the box without staging is a different story.

I watch a lot of Hickok45 videos and that's what I like about him he is honest about his shooting even his misses. He doesn't make his shooting look like he is super shooter.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sorry for the confusion. What I was getting at is he sets everything up just right to get the shot but his video makes it look to a non-shooter that he is super shooter. To those of us who shoot a lot we know that it's takes a lot to pull off a stunt like that.

I knew Bob Munden personally and he did some amazing things with shooting but what the average person doesn't know is that all of his shooting was a staged stunt. When Bob could not stage his shooting he wasn't really all that good.

Anybody can look good with staged stunt shooting but doing it the first time out of the box without staging is a different story.

I watch a lot of Hickok45 videos and that's what I like about him he is honest about his shooting even his misses. He doesn't make his shooting look like he is super shooter.

Derby_Douche,

I got a news flash for you. Jerry Miculek? He really is a "super shooter." And even if that was his 115th attempt? It's still bad ass.

I have no doubt Bob was UBER impressed with your military service, and knowledge of all things handgun.

Next time I'm in Helena and I spot a drag queen wearing a kilt, I'll be sure to stop and introduce myself as well.

Travis

Speakin' of kids...

We just did 7.5 on the river while you stomped your feet and exclaimed Jerry Miculek is a liar.

Here's something you and Dungeons and Dragons will never see. We call it "the outdoors."

[Linked Image]

Travis

Next time I'm in Helena and I spot a drag queen wearing a kilt, I'll be sure to stop and introduce myself as well.

One of the guys I work for wears a kilt on occasion. He's actually Scottish, and unlike you actually was a Marine. MARSOC in fact. Still totes an AK slug under the kilt, or whatever he wears 'cause it's lodged in his pelvis.

You got any war-wounds?

That was mighty white of you to take you kids canoeing. Try not to get sloshed in front of 'em tonight.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14
I'd want to see a man challenge Jerry Miculek to that shoot and call him full of schit on camera. Until then, I'm thinking Jerry made that shot.

Could I do it? HELL NO!

Can it be done? Seems like it was done, and by someone it the chops to earn the benefit of the doubt.
A little information on how well the average human eye can see might be useful here.

Contrary to popular belief, 20/20 vision isn't exceptional but average: It means somebody see as much detail at 20 feet what most people see at 20 feet.

Somebody with 2-0/20 vision can discern about one inch at 100 yards. This doesn't mean a 1" black line on a white background (as at least one person has mistakenly written), but 1/2" black lines alternating with 1/2" white lines. (Beyond 100 yards the lines will appear gray, like a zebra does in the distance.)

An inch at 100 yards is equivalent to 10 inches at 1000 yards--where somebody with 20/20 vision should be able to discern alternating black and white lines that are 5" across.

The balloon appears to be at least 10 inches wide and maybe 15 inches long, and is brightly colored against a mostly white background, On a reasonably calm day, without much mirage, somebody with 20/20 vision should certainly be able to see it, particularly if they wear shooting glasses designed to provide more contrast.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I figure that JM knows how many BS flags the ne'er do well's flew on Elmer when he wrote about his long distance shooting with a 44.

JM decides to put it on video.

Is it possible that he fired 50 rounds before he worked out the dope? I reckon so. Makes no difference to me.

Did JM hit the ballon? With frag, yes. But the point is, the steel plate was not so large as to be a gift from 1000 yards, even with an iron sighted rifle.

I don't care if he practiced that shot for two months before he made the shot, it is still remarkable. To ring steel at that distance, standing, strong hand with support, is worthy of note. The fact that he had a red dot sight on board notwithstanding.

If you think that it was a run of the mill stunt shot, then by all means, post a video of yourself "debunking" the shot. I'd like to see it.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/09/14

JM also holds some world records, I'd say that definitely qualifies him as a SUPER SHOOTER.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14
He is a great shooter for sure.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14

One of the guys I work for wears a kilt on occasion. He's actually Scottish, and unlike you actually was a Marine. MARSOC in fact. Still totes an AK slug under the kilt, or whatever he wears 'cause it's lodged in his pelvis.

You got any war-wounds?

That was mighty white of you to take you kids canoeing. Try not to get sloshed in front of 'em tonight.

Hey TAK, if you find the time in your very not busy day, maybe you could explain why you feel Miculek is FOS?

Thought so...

"Special" Forces!

Travis
Originally Posted by Green Beret

Hey TAK, if you find the time in your very not busy day, maybe you could explain why you feel Miculek is FOS?

If the math to explain it is over your head, and apparently that is the case, why should I waste my time? You're just a gunshop dullard boy. What should interest your dumbazz is who has NOT posted on this thread.
That was a cool video you posted TAK. I didn't know you could shoot that good. Well done.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14
I'll put my money on Miculek... He actually gets out of the house and does interesting stuff.

If the math to explain it is over your head, and apparently that is the case, why should I waste my time? You're just a gunshop dullard boy. What should interest your dumbazz is who has NOT posted on this thread.

Keep diggin' sweetheart!

Travis
Posted By: 79S Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14
Why is everyone that was in the Army a green beret? I will never understand it, majority of folks running their mouths saying they were special forces, ranger, or even airborne are full of [bleep]. I have plenty of freinds who are rangers and they are some of the most humble guys i know.
TAK is a special kind of stupid.
Originally Posted by 79S
Why is everyone that was in the Army a green beret? I will never understand it, majority of folks running their mouths saying they were special forces, ranger, or even airborne are full of [bleep]. I have plenty of freinds who are rangers and they are some of the most humble guys i know.

"Humble Rangers", damn you're dumb. They just feel sorry for your azz.

Two-thousand dollars dude, put up the money or STFU. Money talks and bullschidt walks.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14
He was probably the same type of Green Beret as that guy who was running for office. The guy kept saying he was a green beret during his campaign, and when called on it finally admitted that he was a cook, that got to wear a green beret
TAK, $2,000 bets make you look like a drama queen. Just snap a pic with your cell phone (they all have cameras now) and email it to me or someone else. It will shut some fuggers up, me included.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
TAK, $2,000 bets make you look like a drama queen. Just snap a pic with your cell phone (they all have cameras now) and email it to me or someone else. It will shut some fuggers up, me included.

Put up or STFU mofo.
Just email a pic mr. drama queen. Everyone knows how to do it, even you aren't that stupid.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
It will shut some fuggers up, me included.

Not me. I've said before that I don't doubt any claim TAK has ever made about who he is. He sounds too much like every other has-been IgotoutoftheArmytoosoonandnownobodyrespectsmyauthority I've ever had to work around.

But I really don't care. If he posts a pic of him making the BinLaden kill shot it doesn't change the fact that he's a douche bag here and now.

[email protected] I'll be happy to post the pic.
TAK has no pics.

He's imaginary.

The only thing about him that is real, is he has a receding hairline, and he's a runt.

Travis
Originally Posted by 79S

Two-thousand dollars dude, put up the money or STFU. Money talks and bullschidt walks.

You are the [bleep] idiot running around proclaiming you were this that and whatever else in the Army. I'm in the Army you never were so take your 2grand shove it up your ass. I'm in 1-66 armor bn ft Carson, co come on down so we can run your ass over with a tank
Posted By: eh76 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14

You show your ignorant stupidity with each post..

Originally Posted by rost495

Did get a laugh out of you can't shoot a 223 at 600 to 1000 yards.... got a wall full of medals/plaques that say other wise.

If'n you ever get attacked by a 4ft by 6ft 2x2 target frame with cotton fabric stapled to it, from 1000yd, you'll be set. I'm sure of it.

Case in point....I say you stand at 1000 yds and let rost495 have a shot or two....ignorant buffoon
Oh that's 3rd bde 4th I.D as well I can give you my CSM phone number too if you think I'm being too mean.
Oh you want his land line phone number or cell number? Oh wait you are going to call your ft Carson special forces buds to come beat me up lol you [bleep] idiot
http://www.krdo.com/news/update-arrest-made-in-red-truck-proposition-investigation/26132612

Colorado Springs Police
Duston Ridner

COLORADO SPRINGS -
A man who was arrested in a string of solicitation cases targeting young women and girls pleaded guilty to one count of criminal attempt to commit obscenity Thursday (8/7/14)

The Fourth Judicial District Attorney's Office said Duston Ridner, 43, admitted to proposing to expose himself to eight girls and seven women.

Ridner will be sentenced on October 30.

As part of the plea agreement, Ridner will not have to go to jail, but he does have to go through a psycho-sexual evaluation and register as a sex offender.

Ridner is a Special Forces Medical Sergeant assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Carson. He has served for more than 12 years and received multiple awards.

Fort Carson said no decision has yet been made about Ridner's future in the wake Thursday's plea deal.

Ridner was arrested on May 22, 2014. Investigators said he was the driver of a red truck who was accused of approaching more than a dozen women and girls. The investigation started on April 28th when someone in a red truck approached a victim and offered her $100 to watch him perform a lewd act.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/10/14
79s, you touched on a point that deserves repeating. I've met a few guys who were SF and a couple of team guys, without exception they were all humble and without the machismo, TAK flaunts around. The way he acts is so opposite from those guys I have met that I can't help but throw out the BS flag
79s, you touched on a point that deserves repeating. I've met a few guys who were SF and a couple of team guys, without exception they were all humble and without the machismo, TAK flaunts around. The way he acts is so opposite from those guys I have met that I can't help but throw out the BS flag

I have two good friends well several but these two stick out because they are rangers and you will never hear toot their horn on what school the graduated from as honor grad blah blah.

You fat MOFO. If you think I "flaunt" anything, other that stating matter-of-factly what I can and have done, you are more stupid than you appear, and you don't look too damn bright.

Dizzy Dean said, "It ain't braggin' if you can do it."
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

You are the [bleep] idiot running around proclaiming you were this that and whatever else in the Army. I'm in the Army you never were so take your 2grand shove it up your ass. I'm in 1-66 armor bn ft Carson, co come on down so we can run your ass over with a tank

When are you going to the Q course? 4187 for Airborne? Get some.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

When are you going to the Q course? 4187 for Airborne? Get some.

When you going to join the Army?
Originally Posted by 79S

When are you going to the Q course? 4187 for Airborne? Get some. [/quote]

When you going to join the Army? [/quote]

They don't take retirees dumbazz.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
TAK,

I will throw you $2K if you post a pic of yourself fingering yourself.

Bonus points if you include a handgun.

Post your tears on UBER-IQ.neverhappened.org

Travis
Posted By: 79S Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
Oh man the ultimate burn calling me a dumbazz! Hell just 3 months ago you were supposedly killing bad guys and drinking green bean coffee in afghanistan
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh man the ultimate burn calling me a dumbazz! Hell just 3 months ago you were supposedly killing bad guys and drinking green bean coffee in afghanistan

You silly MOFO. You're also a GD liar. I've never once typed a single word about my being in the Stan because I was never there.
Posted By: 79S Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
Oh my bad... Let me get this straight you were in the special forces and never went to the stan ? Oh wait you were at tori station doing missions in the phillpines
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14

Travis

You know, we could write VOLUMES on the things you know that just ain't so.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14

I've learned not to judge the ability of another man based on my inabilities.

An exceptional revolver with the right ammnunition is capable of moa accuracy, a good revolver 2 moa accuracy. Hence in terms of mechanical accuracy it's not un-reasonable for a revolver to be able to hit such a steel plate at 1000 yds so long as the sights are adjusted for drop. Doing so offhand requires a shooter with almost supernatural skills, but Jerry is that guy.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
TAK is unavailable for comment at this time. he and Sansouci are chewing the dingleberries out of each others azz cracks
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
I believe that enough people want to see some pictures of TAK that we should start some type of pot to collect money. Maybe Mule Deer will hold the money. I am in for $25, would anyone else be interested in this action?
Posted By: deflave Re: Thousand yards with a 9mm - 08/11/14
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I believe that enough people want to see some pictures of TAK that we should start some type of pot to collect money. Maybe Mule Deer will hold the money. I am in for $25, would anyone else be interested in this action?

It will never happen.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire