Home
Posted By: STA Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
I have a Glock 19 for winter time carry and a Springfield XD's in 45acp for summer time carry. I use inside the waist band holsters for both. I was thinking about maybe stepping up to a Glock 23 in 40 S&W. Will be losing 2 rounds over the 9mm but the weight will be the same. What do you think is the a good or bad idea?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
I like the .40. But i like .357 Sig Mo Betta. You'll be fine which ever way you go
Posted By: stanimal Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
Personally, I don't care much about the difference between 9 and 40. If you shoot one better than the other, stick with that one. For example, my wife prefers to shoot a 9 so I also go with a 9 for ammo compatibility and in case she grabs mine. Same gun, pick what you like and learn to use it VERY well.

I don't feel undergunned with a G19 and a spare mag.

Of course, all of that goes out the window if you want to buy the G32 / 23 combo I'm selling smile smile
Posted By: STA Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
I know its splitting hairs and to tell you the truth I just want to buy a new gun....:)
Is the G23 flat dark earth?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
Originally Posted by STA
I know its splitting hairs and to tell you the truth I just want to buy a new gun....:)

That's the best reason in the world.

Nope not FDE - I've got a Gen 3 G32 (357 Sig) with extra 40S&W barrel plus mags, ammo, etc. listed in the classifieds but it's plain old black. (I assumed your comment was directed at me since I mentioned one for sale).

Really not trying to hijack your discussion - the comment about selling was just a bit of sarcasm. If you do want an excuse to buy a new gun, then absolutely go for it (whether new or used and regardless of the source).
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
I wouldn't let the magazine capacity differential between those two guns stop me from buying the one I want.
Posted By: Waders Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
STA,

Your 9mm/.40 S&W dilemma is easily solved--buy a G23 and get an aftermarket 9mm barrel. Get both .40 mags and 9mm mags. Voila. You can carry/shoot whichever suits your fancy on any given day.

I've done exactly what I recommended to you and have no regrets so far. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...at_is_Wrong_With_Me_I_bought#Post8969818

Good luck in making your decision! I hope you get a new gun!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
ooohhh I like that idea Waders!

I've got a couple of pards that I could drive batty droppin a 9mm mag outa the G23

amaze your friends and tease your dog....what's not to love?
Posted By: 4ager Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
Get a G23 and an aftermarket 9x19 and .357SIG barrel for it. wink
You guys are making me rethink selling my 32 with an extra 40 barrel. With 19's in the stable now I'm considering a conversion barrel. Guess I'm a handgun loony as well as rifle ... smile
Thanks Waders! Thats why is like this CampFire so much! Great advice to be had here......:)
Posted By: bea175 Re: Winter time CCW? - 10/01/14
I just switch this week to my Glock 19 with the Hornady Critical Duty Ammo
© 24hourcampfire