Home
Posted By: whelennut 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/15/16
Would this make a good self defence bullet in a Sig 9mm pistol?
Posted By: dodgefan Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/15/16
I'd rather use their Gold Dot in the same weight personally.
Another option that is pretty reasonably priced is the Nosler JHP in the 250 ct package.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Another option that is pretty reasonably priced is the Nosler JHP in the 250 ct package.

What do the Noslers generally sell for? Sounds like something I'd go for.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
Sounds good. . . . . for 1966.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
Originally Posted by Otter6
Originally Posted by dodgefan

What do the Noslers generally sell for? Sounds like something I'd go for.

Graf and Sons had them for $43, although I'm not sure about shipping I'm sure if you look around you could find them for a little less. Powder Valley might have them too, but I haven't looked.
Posted By: whelennut Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
There wasn't much else to choose from on the shelf.
Use them for practice, order good JHP's online for serious business if you have to.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
You can even get cheap 9mm 115 grain JHP projectiles from Precision Delta (precisiondelta.com). If you order 2000, it's $170 shipped. I would take those over TMJ any day.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/16/16
I've read a lot of good reports on the Precision Delta stuff. I'll probably give them a shot after what I have is gone.
Posted By: whelennut Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/17/16
Good advice. Thanks
http://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-...r-jacketed-hollow-point-jhp-new-1000-ct/

http://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-...mm-124-gr-rmr-jacketed-hollow-point-new/
Posted By: dodgefan Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/17/16
Snake River have you used the RMR bullets? That's not a bad price at all if they shoot decent. I'll have to remember them.
I've gotten pulled bullets from them in the past. 277 federal fusions. They looked and shot fine. I've not used the cast bullets but I know people who do. No reported complaints.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/17/16
So many bullets to try and so little time. laugh

http://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-...ed-hollow-point-center-post-bullets-new/

Not 9mm but check these out. 45cal Hydra-shocks.
Posted By: Uglydog2 Re: 124 grain Speer TMJ RN - 03/19/16
As others have mentioned, they are pretty good for target or plinking but its been a few decades since they were the best choice for self defense.

I would recommend any number of other options for defenseive ammo. If you have a Fleet Farm or Cabela's close, they seem to have the best prices for a larger marketer, Remington has a rebate going on their Ultimate Defense loads which can bring the price down to pretty reasonable.

If you need to order by mail, try Streicher's Police Supply in Plymouth, MN. I buy my self defense ammo from them as they have the best prices I can find. Federal HST is the best value as they sell it in 50 round boxes for 75% of the cost of two 20 round boxes elsewhere.
© 24hourcampfire