Home
He takes 2 hours to watch 60 minutes. Is there a Cliff Notes version?
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Agreed
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Agreed

He liked it. Said it had a better trigger than the P365. Said no issues in hundreds of rounds. Said he wasn't sure if he was going to end up switching to it from the P365. He'd have to shoot it some more.
OK, thanks. A lot of people seem to be saying that it comes down to nuances when deciding to choose one over the other.
I'd like to try one.

Gotta say that the "U" sight doesn't look good to me, but I'd give it a go to see how it works.
Does Hamhock.45 talk about the sights?
Originally Posted by johnw
I'd like to try one.

Gotta say that the "U" sight doesn't look good to me, but I'd give it a go to see how it works.
Does Hamhock.45 talk about the sights?

Yeah, he said he doesn't love the U-Notch in the rear, but reports that he has no trouble making fast and precise shots with it.

PS I find the hostility towards this guy (name calling and such) a little baffling on a gun forum.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

PS I find the hostility towards this guy (name calling and such) a little baffling on a gun forum.

People resent being provided free informational content that they could simply choose not to watch, and rightfully so.
What hostility?
Ever see the guy's hands?

And he does ramble on.
A lot...

I mostly watch his stuff when I'm home late nights and it's just me and the dog up. I'll click on his video and watch for 3-5 minutes. Then I'll let it play while i let the dog out and hit the bathroom myself.
Then grab some popcorn or chips and head back to the den, and he's still saying the same thing he was when I got up...
What hostility?
Ever see the guy's hands?

And he does ramble on.
A lot...

I mostly watch his stuff when I'm home late nights and it's just me and the dog up. I'll click on his video and watch for 3-5 minutes. Then I'll let it play while i let the dog out and hit the bathroom myself.
Then grab some popcorn or chips and head back to the den, and he's still saying the same thing he was when I got up...

LOL.
I like Hickock, but good lord he can prattle on.
He has aged a bit. Getting pretty thin.
What's the complaint about Springfield? Political? The IFMA donations?
Originally Posted by g5m

I was wondering about that, too.
Originally Posted by Terryk
He has aged a bit. Getting pretty thin.

He says he lost the weight on purpose. He had a bit of a gut before.
Originally Posted by g5m

They stepped on their own winky about some Illinois gun law or other. Some said they were misled, others not. Can't say. Not the first time for something like this. There are still those mad at Bill Ruger for not toeing the line on something 30 years ago, and S&W (under previous ownership) for working with Clinton on another evil plot against us. If I could remember what it was, I might be mad too. 🤔
Thanks. It sounds like the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association donations reportedly run by Springfield and Rock River where the IFMA gave a bunch of money to several hardline antigun politicians.
It wasn't political contributions, per se..
It was that SA and RRA capitulated and conspired with liberal senator Harmon for exemptions to the Illinois gun dealer licensing act. SB 1657 iirc...

This threw all local FFLs under the bus in regards to onerous state regulations and unrestricted and unlimited fees to maintain their state dealer licensing.

The most innocent of SB1657s requirements simply duplicate the requirements of the federal licensing procedure.
Beyond that SB1657 would have required individual licensing of sales persons working for the gun dealer. It would also have given the state authority to designate unregulated and unlimited licensing fees.

It was a massive sellout on the part of SA and RRA. Big box stores whose sales of firearms we're below a certain percentage of total receipts were exempted. LGSs would have been eliminated for the most part.
It wasn't political contributions, per se..
It was that SA and RRA capitulated and conspired with liberal senator Harmon for exemptions to the Illinois gun dealer licensing act. SB 1657 iirc...

This threw all local FFLs under the bus in regards to onerous state regulations and unrestricted and unlimited fees to maintain their state dealer licensing.

The most innocent of SB1657s requirements simply duplicate the requirements of the federal licensing procedure.
Beyond that SB1657 would have required individual licensing of sales persons working for the gun dealer. It would also have given the state authority to designate unregulated and unlimited licensing fees.

It was a massive sellout on the part of SA and RRA. Big box stores whose sales of firearms we're below a certain percentage of total receipts were exempted. LGSs would have been eliminated for the most part.

Good rundown, but missed the part about individual limits on numbers of guns which may be purchased.

Screw SA and RRA. I do have a SA XDS and a RRA AR15...
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I like Hickock, but good lord he can prattle on.

He can ramble, but the fact is he puts a lot of good stuff in his videos, right down to breaking them down, and comparing them to a bunch of other guns which he knows and knows well. He is not guessing and his opinion is far more valuable than most...

He is one tall dude!
I watch Hickok's videos only if he's reviewing something I'm considering buying, I leave the sound off and when it looks like he's covering a point that interests me, I turn the sound on for a few. I like the guy and he's a good shot, but I'd rather listen to hay grow than watch five of his videos back to back.
'
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes and shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes ans shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.

Those have been a fantastic deal for a while now. Somewhat made obsolete by the new, slimline, double stack, compact 9mms.
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes ans shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.

Those have been a fantastic deal for a while now. Somewhat made obsolete by the new, slimline, double stack, compact 9mms.

I agree more is better, but I'm not sure 10 or 11 round magazine makes an 8 round magazine obsolete yet. I'll on occasion still carry my 5 round J frame and don't feel under gunned with it and a couple of stripper clips,

Surpassed maybe. But obsolete? Not by a long shot.
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Surpassed maybe. But obsolete? Not by a long shot.

Not even surpassed, just a different approach. The '1.0' Shield is cheap simply because the 2.0 came out.
Cute pistol. Hickok is very verbose. Not really interested in getting this or the Sig.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

He can ramble, but the fact is he puts a lot of good stuff in his videos, right down to breaking them down, and comparing them to a bunch of other guns which he knows and knows well. He is not guessing and his opinion is far more valuable than most...

Agree...

But I do believe that he should put a self imposed time limit on his videos.

Then again, he's probably the best spokesman for shooting in the world today. I got no idea just how large his viewership is.
I understood fully, yet still grieved the day he announced that they'd no longer actively promote the NRA.
He's a solid brother to most of us.

Windy..
Solid...
I watch his videos when I have insomnia. Works like a charm!
Try watching nut n fancy. Good values, but loooooong.
I hope I'm never in a gunfight with the guy, he can shoot. Always liked his videos.
© 24hourcampfire