Home
Posted By: pdman Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Hey All...Colt.com - shows the python back....4" stainless - $1499.00

Pete
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
I searched for Colt Python 2020 on youtube and found some videos out already and at least one review on line. They did redesign the trigger, the talking points are all about how the old one was "inconsistent" due to the differences in hand fitting whereas the new one has fewer parts that are all CNC machined and then the revolver is "hand finished".

Colt's official video. If you partied last night turn the speakers down since it starts with some loud music.

Hackathorn says the double action trigger on the new one is noticeably better than the originals.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I searched for Colt Python 2020 on youtube and found some videos out already and at least one review on line. They did redesign the trigger, the talking points are all about how the old one was "inconsistent" due to the differences in hand fitting whereas the new one has fewer parts that are all CNC machined and then the revolver is "hand finished".

Colt's official video. If you partied last night turn the speakers down since it starts with some loud music.

Good lord, CP had one of if not the best factory trigger available.

Kudos to colt for bringing them back though. Hopefully QC is top notch.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hackathorn says the double action trigger on the new one is noticeably better than the originals.

How?! Its just a sample of 2, but imo/e you cant get "noticeably" better.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

How?! Its just a sample of 2, but imo/e you cant get "noticeably" better.

Ken said the action is very smooth and no stacking in double action mode.
Posted By: dla Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Wow....
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-82 S&W Model 19/66.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
I want one.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-83 S&W Model 19/66.

Since the new Python is not teally a Python (the clockwork is different as well as frame) I don't think they will drive the price down on an original python
Originally Posted by jwp475
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-83 S&W Model 19/66.

Since the new Python is not teally a Python (the clockwork is different as well as frame) I don't think they will drive the price down on an original python

It will a little. It will at least halt the rise in their prices. A real gun aficionado might focus almost exclusively on the lockwork, but many who are attracted to the Python are after its iconic appearance.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Python is BACK.... - 01/01/20
Originally Posted by jwp475

It will a little. It will at least halt the rise in their prices. A real gun aficionado might focus almost exclusively on the lockwork, but many who are attracted to the Python are after its iconic appearance.

I would agree with that. Personally, I think Colt is killing it. Unless something turns out to be VERY wrong with this new Python, I'd say Colt is sitting in a very good position in the DA revolver market.
© 24hourcampfire