Home
I've seen lots of good reviews on these guns. They seem reliable and well made. I guess the low price is attributable to the low cost of skilled labor in Turkey.

Link

[Linked Image from grabagun.com]
The same company makes the Turkish service pistol, their own version of the Beretta 92, and they also make a stainless Hi-Power that got a favorable review in The American Rifleman last summer.

They get a lot of happy reviews on FB pages, too.
About the only thing worse than schitt from China is schitt from Turkey...............do some bidness there, so ask me how I know.

But rock on if that spins yer prop..................

Too many other good products on the market to go that route.

JMHO, YMMV

MM
Time will tell.

I remember when the Norinco 1911's started coming in from Chiner. We wondered, but most turned up their nose.

Then Bill Wilson announced that he had inspected several & deemed them good enough that he would accept them to build into customs. The race was on, I missed the boat on 2 or 3 shipments...... then slik willie banned them. cry
Originally Posted by gunzo
Time will tell.

I remember when the Norinco 1911's started coming in from Chiner. We wondered, but most turned up their nose.

Then Bill Wilson announced that he had inspected several & deemed them good enough that he would accept them to build into customs. The race was on, I missed the boat on 2 or 3 shipments...... then slik willie banned them. cry

Yep, it kills me that Canadians can get these (along with M14s from China) and we in the land of the free and home of the brave cannot.
Time will tell.

i always laugh about that, as i did buy one at the time, from memory less than 200dollars. i replaced the trigger, put different sights on it, and it still holds up against most anything else.
I have heard rumors they had soft barrels, but after shooting the poop out of it, no issues.
supposedly they used some pretty good steel in them.
I think it's great. This pistol is in actual military configuration which is something very few have made through the years. So many make a GI-esque pistol (and sometimes even call it GI), yet the safety, ejection port, and sights are typically wrong. There are very few who actually make a proper analog for a WWII ear 1911, and this appears to be exactly that.

If I were them, I would have taken it one step further and added the "US PROPERTY" as well as the patent dates....but that's just me.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
. . . So many make a GI-esque pistol (and sometimes even call it GI), yet the safety, ejection port, and sights are typically wrong.
There are very few who actually make a proper analog for a WWII era 1911.

<> https://tacticalgunreview.com/springfield-armory-gi-45-1911a1/ <>

- - Springfield Armory U.S. G.I. 1911 A1 WWII 45

(Not to be confused with the retro Springfield Armory - Mil-Spec' Model 1911.)

The US GI WWII model has the original shallow ejection port and the small GI sights -
It is of high quality construction, dependable, accurate - and I love it.

My model is identical to the above 'link' except mine has a parkerized black finish
instead of the olive-drab finish.
The Springfield still has the wrong safety and wrong grips.

One thing the Springfield gets right that I wish more makers would pay attention to is the radius of the front strap. Most makers (the Turkish gun in question included), use the same radius cutter they use for the dust cover to radius the front strap of the grip; this is not correct. Sadly there are some big names that commit this sin. But the Springfield gets this cut right and uses the same radius that Colt uses...That is a very nice attention to detail. Now if they would just use the correct safety (I can live with the grips).
Time will tell.

Actually, I think Bush banned them before Slick even got into office.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Time will tell.

That's what I thought, too. I know he did all sorts of shenanigans with gun imports from China, and even domestically made guns. It was under his presidency that Congress banned bayonet lugs, for example. I used to have an H-Bar AR-15 made during his presidency that had the bayonet lug milled off by the Colt factory before it was shipped out for sale.
Here you go.
Not too far off topic - Some years ago COLT made a 'Model of 1911' - WWI - Carbonia Blue replica pistol, authentic in every detail.

I had wandered into Scheels looking for my 1st 1911 - This pistol was laying on a display shelf along with other 1911s
with only a price tag. I asked a salesman about it and he just said, "Well it's what you see - Just a basic 1911".
I liked it and put it on layby.

Some months later I returned to Scheels to pay-off my new pistol. A different salesman went into the backroom to
retrieve it. He returned and asked me "What in the world did you buy? - This handgun is in a box-in-a box-in-a-box" ...

I told him I didn't have clue - But I was sure glad I did!

<> https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/3054/944757665/wm_7181418.jpg <>

~ 'Colt Model of 1911 WWI
I bought one of their stainless steel Hi Power clones this summer. Very well made handgun and has proven to be reliable with everything I have shoot thru it except some steel cased Winchester that I bought by accident. Didn't know at the time that Winchester made steel cased 9mm ammo. I also bought a Turk made Tri Star 28 gauge shotgun. Appears to be a copy of the Winchester SX2 auto, but gauge specific action. It has also proven to be a very well made gun for the money. Bought it because not many 28 gauge autos out there on a 28 gauge frame that is reasonably affordable.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The entire era was a cluster fugg. Sorry for not getting the banners correct.

I had an HK-91 & was into it for about $500, first ban, I sold it for $1100.
Things settled down & I bought a FAL for a grand. Another ban & I sold the FAL for $1300.
Bought an MIA for about the same cash cause they skipped a few ban list due to no pistol grip, etc.

My M1A has yet to meet the cash I paid value wise, but that was the BS of the day.

Huh!!!!!!!!! shooting USPSA during slick willie, needed Hi cap mags to be competitive, about $75 a piece cause they were..... BANNED!!!!!!!!!!
Time will tell.

That's what I thought, too. I know he did all sorts of shenanigans with gun imports from China, and even domestically made guns. It was under his presidency that Congress banned bayonet lugs, for example. I used to have an H-Bar AR-15 made during his presidency that had the bayonet lug milled off by the Colt factory before it was shipped out for sale.
The actual AWB was during Slick's presidency whereas the import bans were during the Bush Admin. The AR may have came that way due to Colt's cooperation prior to the AWB. The AWB specified only so many restricted items could be on a rifle that was non-LE. My wife's AR made during this time period and called a "carbine" by Colt, has no flash hider or bayonet lug and had a fixed stock. Before this same gun would have been termed a CAR-15 and had all those features. I think it also came with only five or ten round mags...At the time they were twenty round mags that had been blocked, IIRC. Of course, this created a huge demand for "pre-ban" guns. When the AWB sunsetted, thanks to Bob Dole, none of this mattered any more and it was a free-for-all. I would expect most of the AWB guns have been re-configured mostly by now.
I had an AK during this time period that had a thumbhole stock. It was a Norinco and called a "MAK 90". It was just as good as a regular semi-auto AK. The thumbhole stock really wasn't a handicap though IMO it didn't look as cool as a regular AK. Then I also had an FN FAL or whatever the Australian version was, that was set up with a thumbhole stock to do an end run around the AWB. It was pretty cool too.
I really like the looks of the Turk 1911. I expect it will be the new Norinco if they can keep prices down. I never did think the Phillipino guns were as good as the Chinese ones, FWIW.
Listed as currently out of stock.
Originally Posted by longarm

Here you go. Lots of them out there for the same price. Link

Wow. $299.99 after added to cart plus $30 shipping. Not bad.
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Nice. Forty dollars off what was already an unbelievable price. Special sale. Likely time limited.
Very nice, thank you TRH.
Very nice, thank you TRH.

Buy it from Atlantic Firearms (link above). Put it in the cart, and the price changes to $299.00.

I've only seen good reviews of these things. I just now, a few minutes ago, put my order in for $299.00 plus $30.00 shipping. They say it should be here by Monday the latest.
Turkey makes some purtty damn nice CZ 75 clones
under information free(not worth much)
some years ago, using the same handloads i set up some targets for 1911's.
used :
custom 2000dollar colt gold cup
springfield g.i. replica
norinco
WWII remington
had three different people shoot all the guns at targets assigned to the gun.
didn't see much difference between them where they were hitting.
all the guns did pretty much the same thing.
this was not bullseye shooting but about ten yards.
still love that norinco. i use to embarrass a guy with a gold cup pretty regularly with that gun.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Not too far off topic - Some years ago COLT made a 'Model of 1911' - WWI - Carbonia Blue replica pistol, authentic in every detail.

I had wandered into Scheels looking for my 1st 1911 - This pistol was laying on a display shelf along with other 1911s
with only a price tag. I asked a salesman about it and he just said, "Well it's what you see - Just a basic 1911".

Some months later I returned to Scheels to pay-off my new pistol. A different salesman went into the backroom to
retrieve it. He returned and asked me "What in the world did you buy? - This handgun is in a box-in-a box-in-a-box" ...

i was eager to get one of those when they first came out, but when arrived at the gun store, I saw that it had a problem, ie., the slide and the frame didn’t match up, which could be seen by looking at where they meet in the back by the hammer. The slide sat too far forward in relation to the frame. I passed on it. Not being a gunsmith, I don’t know what caused this, but it should never have passed inspection at the factory. That scared me off the model, and I didn’t look into finding one again after that.
Originally Posted by P_Weed

i was eager to get one of those when they first came out, but when arrived at the gun store, I saw that it had a problem, ie., the slide and the frame didn’t match up, which could be seen by looking at where they meet in the back by the trigger. The slide sat too far forward in relation to the frame. I passed on it. Not being a gunsmith, I don’t know what caused this, but it should never have passed inspection at the factory. That scared me off the model, and I didn’t look into finding one again after that.

That is caused by an improperly fit barrel. Depending on how badly it was botched, it can be fixed with the next sized link, or with a new barrel.
That’s what I figured. A poor link fit.

PS I see you surmised that I meant hammer instead of trigger. Brain fart.
I have a moral issue buying anything from China, Russia, or Turkey. I look at it as paying for bullets to be used against our military...especially my son.
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister
I have a moral issue buying anything from China, Russia, or Turkey. I look at it as paying for bullets to be used against our military...especially my son.

Turkey is a NATO ally of the United States. They've actually fought beside US troops, and came to our aid on occasion in combat.

Turkey is a NATO ally of the United States. They've actually fought beside US troops, and came to our aid on occasion in combat.

Turkey is as much our ally as Pakistan. They would not let us cross their land to get to Iraq. They’re allegiance is to Sunni not NATO.
And they actively thwarted what we were doing in Syria.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-mar-02-fg-iraq2-story.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/world/middleeast/turkey-attacks-syria.html
Regardless, what I stated is 100% correct. Not comparable to China or Russia.
Definition or regardless is “without paying attention to the present situation; despite the prevailing circumstances.”
Regardless = despite everything

- Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Turkey is as much our ally as Pakistan. They would not let us cross their land to get to Iraq. They’re allegiance is to Sunni not NATO.
The US and Turkey's regional goals are a bit in conflict at the moment...that doesn't mean we're enemies, and it doesn't mean Turkey is Pakistan. Turkey is a LONG WAY from Pakistan.

It's an uncomfortable situation because we're supporting the Kurds in Syria, and the Kurds are the big terrorism problem in Turkey; so that puts us at odds. Turkey isn't the "bad guy" over there right now, and they're not our enemy. They're just acting in their own interest, and the US is making things rather difficult for them.

Syria was Obama's biggest blunder. There is NO scenario (regardless who is in the White House) where the US will come away from Syria in better shape then when we entered...HUGE freaking mistake!
Originally Posted by GunGeek

The US and Turkey's regional goals are a bit in conflict at the moment...that doesn't mean we're enemies, and it doesn't mean Turkey is Pakistan. Turkey is a LONG WAY from Pakistan.

It's an uncomfortable situation because we're supporting the Kurds in Syria, and the Kurds are the big terrorism problem in Turkey; so that puts us at odds. Turkey isn't the "bad guy" over there right now, and they're not our enemy. They're just acting in their own interest, and the US is making things rather difficult for them.

Syria was Obama's biggest blunder. There is NO scenario (regardless who is in the White House) where the US will come away from Syria in better shape then when we entered...HUGE freaking mistake!

Turkey is a regional power with government acting in best interest of their own country. If that bothers some Filipino 1911a1 is a good option. Close to 700 rounds no problems or abnormal wear.
Wish they sold it in 38 super,
My LGS is supposed to have some in next week. I’ll take a look at one then. Definitely interested.
Just ordered one. Will report when I get it and shoot it.

Same here ($299.00 from Atlantic Firearms). Supposed to be in Monday.

Where the hell did our 2 posts go?
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Where the hell did our 2 posts go?

Lots of data lost due to a disk failure. Rick had to do a restore from the last save point.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
The same company makes the Turkish service pistol, their own version of the Beretta 92, and they also make a stainless Hi-Power that got a favorable review in The American Rifleman last summer.
Every gun gets a good review on the gun mags - with rare exceptions..

What's FB (a bit of sarcasm.. laugh )

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
About the only thing worse than schitt from China is schitt from Turkey...............do some bidness there, so ask me how I know.

No argument from me...

And I bet it's worth every penny... laugh

Now - in full disclosure, I've not seen nor handled a Turk 1911... But I HAVE handled and seen the innards of the Turkish O/Us, and cannot help but think the innards of these 1911s suffer from the safe issues I see in the O/U...

Yep - they're very purdy, but the insides are usually crude and poorly heat-treated - which means they'll fail earlier than higher-priced stuff from the good ol' USofA... And what about any warranty service?

But as long as the buyer is happy - that's what really matters in the long run.. As MM said above, YMMV... smile

Best wishes all............
Originally Posted by Redneck
Every gun gets a good review on the gun mags - with rare exceptions..

What's FB (a bit of sarcasm.. laugh )

Originally Posted by MontanaMan

No argument from me...

And I bet it's worth every penny... laugh

Now - in full disclosure, I've not seen nor handled a Turk 1911... But I HAVE handled and seen the innards of the Turkish O/Us, and cannot help but think the innards of these 1911s suffer from the safe issues I see in the O/U...

Yep - they're very purdy, but the insides are usually crude and poorly heat-treated - which means they'll fail earlier than higher-priced stuff from the good ol' USofA... And what about any warranty service?

But as long as the buyer is happy - that's what really matters in the long run.. As MM said above, YMMV... smile

Best wishes all............

Tim, from Military Arms Channel closely examined the Turkish 1911A1 we're discussing, and said that the insides are nicely finished, with no machine marks. Fit and finish is excellent.
Just got the call that it arrived at my LGS. On my way to pick it up.
I'm not expecting much. And it won't get shot much. We shall see.

I've got a parts box full of 1911 takeoff parts, so I'm not too worried about it.
I'm not expecting much. And it won't get shot much. We shall see.

I've got a parts box full of 1911 takeoff parts, so I'm not too worried about it.

- That's the spirit! smile
I switched out the stocks for real WWII issue stocks, which are more course in the checkering than the finer checkering on the fake ones it comes with.

Trigger pull feels mil spec, with some take up, and then a fairly clean break at exactly six pounds (which was likely typical for newly issued, factory fresh, USGI 1911A1s).

It came with one Italian made Mec Gar magazine, nicely parkerized.

Now off to the range.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here's the real thing:

[Linked Image from pre98.com]
Excellent.
Excellent.

I'm really quite impressed with it. Just feeling the slide glide along the rails gives the feel of a custom made gun. I'm convinced the price is explained by the very low cost of skilled labor in Turkey. Had this been made in the US, to the same level of quality, it would have had to carry a $700.00 price tag.

Just got back from the range, and I have no complaints. The sights are perfectly regulated. I didn't have a single malfunction during the hundred round session. Accuracy was excellent.

[Linked Image]

This is the first 14 round (two loaded mags) group, shot from standing freehand (two handed hold) at ten yards. By the time I fired 100 rounds, the ten ring was one ragged hole, and there weren't more than a few additional holes outside the ten ring. Not bad considering I could hardly see the tiny, gray, WWII style front sight with my old eyes on a gray drizzly late afternoon.

[Linked Image]
Nice. Thanks for the report. Have you stripped it down yet?
Nice. Thanks for the report. Have you stripped it down yet?

Yes. Before I left for the range, I field stripped it, and put a patch through the bore. I also applied some oil to the rails and all other correct places to lube. I also took it down after the range session to inspect wear patterns.

No machining marks. The insides are very nicely finished. About like a typical Colt or Springfield. Wear patterns, after 100 rounds, are nice, even, and correct.
Very nice. Congrats on your new 1911.
Thanks. I feel like I got a steal of a deal.
I'm watching for your profile location to read "somewhere in Europe". wink

Got away from 1911's for a few years but with your good review, the target showing correctly regulated sights and especially at this price, might be a good time to get back in.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'm watching for your profile location to read "somewhere in Europe". wink
LOL. grin

Got away from 1911's for a few years but with your good review, the target showing correctly regulated sights and especially at this price, might be a good time to get back in.

I highly recommend it at this price.
Field stripped after first hundred rounds.

[Linked Image]
I was issued a 1911A1 when I made SSgt. Carried it for a couple years before the M9 came along.

Those pics bring back some memories. Ours were old and worn. I believe they in the were from Korea or WWII production. Maybe even older.
I think mine was marked made by Singer?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I think mine was marked made by Singer?

Holy mackerel! Singers fetch a pretty penny. Too bad you didn't send it home. By the time you served, they probably really cracked down on that sort of thing, though. It was nearly standard practice during the first two World Wars, I understand.
There was no 'sending it home' in my time. That was around 1986, at Camp Pendleton CA. I was with 11th Marines out at Camp Las Pulgas.

It was pretty hailed out. During range qual, it bucked off the front sight on me.....lol
There was no 'sending it home' in my time. That was around 1986, at Camp Pendleton CA. I was with 11th Marines out at Camp Las Pulgas.

It was pretty hailed out. During range qual, it bucked off the front sight on me.....lol

grin Oh man.
Mine is scheduled for delivery Thursday.

Cool. Let's have a report.
I was issued a 1911A1 when I made SSgt. Carried it for a couple years before the M9 came along.

Those pics bring back some memories. Ours were old and worn. I believe they in the were from Korea or WWII production. Maybe even older.

Until the last batch of Colts (M45A1?), the USG hadn't bought any new 1911A1s since 1945. They had "more than enough" for their needs, or so I was told when I was in the Army. We could have used some of the better ones, my arms room had 20 1911s in it, and only seven were functional, the others needed parts "badly", to put it mildly. I think some of them could have been rebuilt, but some were past that. I was supposed to be issued one, so I went down to the local pawnshop and bought myself a Commander, my issue gun was one that flat-out wouldn't work. We had to pass the seven around amongst us to get qualified with them.
Excellent.

I'm really quite impressed with it. Just feeling the slide glide along the rails gives the feel of a custom made gun. I'm convinced the price is explained by the very low cost of skilled labor in Turkey. Had this been made in the US, to the same level of quality, it would have had to carry a $700.00 price tag.
]

I also grabbed the 1st one that arrived at my local gun store today!
Like TRH, I am damn impressed!!! The fit and finish is quite impressive. Looks exactly like the real thing. The slide to frame fit, and the barrel and bushing fitting is very tight, and the original finish and detailing are great. It is extremely smooth when you cycle the slide. The trigger on mine has just a little bit of creep, but measures right at 5 pounds. I did not get a chance to go shoot it this evening. But I will report as soon as I have time. For $299, I damn sure don’t think you could go wrong. If it shoots as good as it looks, it might just become my favorite “work” gun the Ranch.
Now I just need me one of those World War II issue tanker holster’s to go with it. 🤠

I bet you will be amazingly surprised!

Until the last batch of Colts (M45A1?), the USG hadn't bought any new 1911A1s since 1945. They had "more than enough" for their needs, or so I was told when I was in the Army. We could have used some of the better ones, my arms room had 20 1911s in it, and only seven were functional, the others needed parts "badly", to put it mildly. I think some of them could have been rebuilt, but some were past that. I was supposed to be issued one, so I went down to the local pawnshop and bought myself a Commander, my issue gun was one that flat-out wouldn't work. We had to pass the seven around amongst us to get qualified with them.

That all sounds familiar.

We could carry/qual with any 1911 equivalent too. A few guys had AMT Hardballers, Colt Gold Cups, and so on.

Most of us used our issue pistol. It was impossible to get through a single stage of fire without a few malf's and alibis. It was kind of painful.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Now I just need me one of those World War II issue tanker holster’s to go with it. 🤠

Good reproductions are available on Amazon.
Excellent.

]

I also grabbed the 1st one that arrived at my local gun store today!
Like TRH, I am damn impressed!!! The fit and finish is quite impressive. Looks exactly like the real thing. The slide to frame fit, and the barrel and bushing fitting is very tight, and the original finish and detailing are great. It is extremely smooth when you cycle the slide. The trigger on mine has just a little bit of creep, but measures right at 5 pounds. I did not get a chance to go shoot it this evening. But I will report as soon as I have time. For $299, I damn sure don’t think you could go wrong. If it shoots as good as it looks, it might just become my favorite “work” gun the Ranch.

You men going to run 230 ball in those pistols? and how does it compare to the Springfield A1's? I had one of those back in the day, it ran well with ball and 230gr xtp's powered by AA#7.
Originally Posted by gunner500

You men going to run 230 ball in those pistols? and how does it compare to the Springfield A1's? I had one of those back in the day, it ran well with ball and 230gr xtp's powered by AA#7.

Nothing wrong with 230 grain ball. The .45 ACP and .45 Colt reputation for stopping power was earned when military loads were always round nose. Reports from the Philippines were that the .45 Colt revolvers were stopping the drugged up Moro natives effectively, before they could hack US troops down with machetes, after the .38 Long Colt had repeatedly failed miserably in this regard, prompting the shipment of mothballed .45 revolvers (both Single Action Army and the newly adopted - at that time - Colt double action revolvers).

PS I had a Springfield A1, and it didn't compare in authenticity to the Tisas A1. It didn't quite scratch that itch for a truly authentic reproduction of a USGI WWII issue 1911A1. The finish was wrong, for one thing. Then there was the thumb safety, which didn't match that on the USGI in the least. It was more like the commercial Colts from the 1960s and onward. The hammer didn't seem right in appearance, either. Nor the trigger.

Nothing wrong with 230 grain ball. The .45 ACP and .45 Colt reputation for stopping power was earned when military loads were always round nose. Reports from the Philippines were that the .45 Colt revolvers were stopping the drugged up Moro natives effectively, before they could hack US troops down with machetes, after the .38 Long Colt had repeatedly failed miserably in this regard, prompting the shipment of mothballed .45 revolvers (both Single Action Army and the newly adopted - at that time - Colt double action revolvers).

PS I had a Springfield A1, and it didn't compare in authenticity to the Tisas A1. It didn't quite scratch that itch for a truly authentic reproduction of a USGI WWII issue 1911A1. The finish was wrong, for one thing. Then there was the thumb safety, which didn't match that on the USGI in the least. It was more like the commercial Colts from the 1960s and onward. The hammer didn't seem right in appearance, either. Nor the trigger.

10-4, of course 230 ball is fine, just wondering if any were going to try hp's, I had a Mil-Spec Springfield around 1995 I think, didn't have or know of anything at the time to compare it too for authenticity.
I've got a Springfield Mil-Spec, too. That was their first attempt at roughly approximating the USGI 1911A1, while adding some modern features that folks liked, such as better sights, lowered ejection port, more modern style thumb safety, absence of the lanyard ring on the MSH, etc..

Good guns (mine's been completely reliable, thus far), but generally not considered reproductions of the WWII USGI 1911A1. Mine's in stainless, and has night sights installed. That's all it needs to be a great general purpose 1911.

PS So far, I haven't tried JHP in my Tisas 1911A1.
I just ordered a reproduction of the belt, holster, and mag pouch to go with it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
That's pretty cool.
I just ordered a reproduction of the belt, holster, and mag pouch to go with it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

That is a young E-8. Looks like 4th ID.
Bob

10-4, of course 230 ball is fine, just wondering if any were going to try hp's, I had a Mil-Spec Springfield around 1995 I think, didn't have or know of anything at the time to compare it too for authenticity.

Plan to try some HP’s in mine. And maybe some Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman loads. May have to shoot a hog or two with it. 🤠

Like this?
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by RGK

Like this?
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yep. That’s the one!
Would this work for you?

https://www.charleyssurplus.com/cat...m9-45-leather-shoulder-holster-ch-19204/

or maybe ebay?
Originally Posted by g5m

Cool. Might have to get one.
I've got a Springfield Mil-Spec, too. That was their first attempt at roughly approximating the USGI 1911A1, while adding some modern features that folks liked, such as better sights, lowered ejection port, more modern style thumb safety, absence of the lanyard ring on the MSH, etc..

Good guns (mine's been completely reliable, thus far), but generally not considered reproductions of the WWII USGI 1911A1. Mine's in stainless, and has night sights installed. That's all it needs to be a great general purpose 1911.

PS So far, I haven't tried JHP in my Tisas 1911A1.

10-4, Thanks, iirc back in the day, the 230 xtp's ran so well in my Mil-Spec because the hp hole was so small, don't know it they're still that way today, haven't shot them in years, that said, I do shoot the 200gr xtp's in a bob-tail Commander, they run a 1K fps accurate.

Plan to try some HP’s in mine. And maybe some Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman loads. May have to shoot a hog or two with it. 🤠

Roger that CHLI, the 200gr xtp's have skinny hp holes, they may fly, and bet they'll fly through a pig too! ; ]

The ones in your link went fairly quickly, they're sold out now.

I see them on other sites for that basic $339.99 plus shipping but that $299 was a good deal, hopefully they might repeat it when/if they get more in.

10-4, Thanks, iirc back in the day, the 230 xtp's ran so well in my Mil-Spec because the hp hole was so small, don't know it they're still that way today, haven't shot them in years, that said, I do shoot the 200gr xtp's in a bob-tail Commander, they run a 1K fps accurate.

Yeah, lots of 230 grain JHP loads closely match the shape of the FMJ. I wouldn’t be surprised if most popular 230 grain JHP loads worked just fine in it.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

The ones in your link went fairly quickly, they're sold out now.

I see them on other sites for that basic $339.99 plus shipping but that $299 was a good deal, hopefully they might repeat it when/if they get more in.

Sorry you missed it. Great deal.
Oh well, tomorrow's another day. wink I put my address on their email notification list to let me know when they come back in stock.

I wanted to see one in person and by chance the local store had one in stock. Only handled it for about 5 minutes but it definitely gives the impression of a quality product. The parkerized finish was very uniform and well done. Trigger pull to my semi-educated finger seemed about 5-6 pounds but it broke cleanly. Slide and controls were very tight, it definitely didn't rattle like the one I qualified with in the early 70's. With your favorable review and all the other similar ones that are coming in this really is a bargain buy, even at the standard price.

Only con for me is the right handed safety but I've put up with that on most pistols my entire life so no biggie. Fortunately, my need to take out an MG-42 crew or Japanese infiltrator in my foxhole before they get me are fairly slim these days... wink
I suspect you will be happy with it.
They look like a quality piece, but when I look at them, I think back on how much money we used to spent to UPgrade the GI sights, add a beavertail and Commander hammer so they wouldn't eat our hands, etc., and I think, why the Hell would I want to go bassackwards and get into all that again?
Nostalgia can be a wonderful thing, but I think I like the newer renditions better. I LIKE not having my hands eaten, I LIKE having sights I can see, and I shoot a lot better with a long trigger over a short one. I can live with the tab safety on GI guns, but the bigger safeties on the new guns ARE easier to get to. Properly set up, they won't get knocked "off" any easier than the GI tab. I also like NOT having my brass dented up when it gets ejected.

YMMV, but I've been there, done that, got the scars to prove it, and don't want to go there again.
They look like a quality piece, but when I look at them, I think back on how much money we used to spent to UPgrade the GI sights, add a beavertail and Commander hammer so they wouldn't eat our hands, etc., and I think, why the Hell would I want to go bassackwards and get into all that again?
Nostalgia can be a wonderful thing, but I think I like the newer renditions better. I LIKE not having my hands eaten, I LIKE having sights I can see, and I shoot a lot better with a long trigger over a short one. I can live with the tab safety on GI guns, but the bigger safeties on the new guns ARE easier to get to. Properly set up, they won't get knocked "off" any easier than the GI tab. I also like NOT having my brass dented up when it gets ejected.

YMMV, but I've been there, done that, got the scars to prove it, and don't want to go there again.

Well said.
Bob

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Allow me to present an alternate viewpoint.

As a practical shooter, certainly the 1911 design has been greatly evolved from what our troops carried.

But one could ask the same questions about anyone shooting a SA revolver, and especially an original or clone of a Colt SAA, and I would include the Ruger Vaquero among those. I'm not talking about a Freedom Arms or Super Blackhawk or something with target quality sights and strong enough to shoot small howitzer rounds, those are evolved versions of the breed, just like the evolved 1911 models. I'm talking about the original old smokewagon that is slow to load, slow to unload, has limited strength in .45 Colt, limited capacity, fixed sights, etc. If someone wants a "better" revolver, get a Smith & Wesson or Ruger DA.

I would say folks like the SAA and similar simply for the shooting experience. Same with this 1911A1, it's more to recreate the original 1911A1 experience than to have the ultimate version of the design.

If one wants to go a step further one could ask why anyone would still want to mess with a 109 year old design in the first place, no matter how many bells and whistles are hung off of it, when there are combat and self-defense handguns that eat it's lunch for capacity (way more capacity even in the same chambering), weight, reliability, ease of take down, all kinds of things.

Folks like the 1911 design because they like the 1911, nothing wrong with that. I still like them. Same with the one in question, folks might want a clone of the military version just to have a clone of the military version. Maybe they just want something to hang next to their Italian made copy of a 7 1/2" barreled US Army issue SAA... wink

Yea. This would not be my only 1911 if I only had one.

Yea. This would not be my only 1911 if I only had one.

Of course. People buy these for fun. That it could also be deployed as effectively as they were by US troops is icing on the cake. If your main interest in getting a handgun was to carry or keep in the house for defense, there are better choices, needless to say. But this would do the job if called up on to, assuming you did your part.
Originally Posted by jwp475

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I get one it will be purely for nostalgia and reverent memory, Gramps pulled open a cedar chest of drawers, retrieved and unholstered one he brought back from ww-ll, walked out back and let me shoot it when I was a kid, first 1911 I ever fired. cool

Yeah, lots of 230 grain JHP loads closely match the shape of the FMJ. I wouldn’t be surprised if most popular 230 grain JHP loads worked just fine in it.

I believe these pistols come with what is commonly known as the 'wadcutter' throat. I web searched them and finally came up with a review featuring a pic of the disassembled pistol, which showed this pretty clearly. I didn't save it, but it's out there if you hunt for it. At any rate I'd expect it to feed ball-profile JHP alright, but any of them can be particular about specific loads they feed best- and that assumes quality aftermarket mags.
Picked mine up this afternoon and completely disassembled it after I got home from work. I'm impressed. Slide to frame fit is very good. Barrel has no movement. Bushing fits barrel with no slop. I can't be sure, but I believe both slide and frame are forged. I can't see any casting evidence on the frame.

MIM parts include hammer, sear, disconnector, slide stop, thumb safety, and grip safety. I lightly polished the sear and hammer and got a 6 pound pull when reassembled. Not too bad.

The barrel is throated and the feed ramp on the frame was milled after parkerizing. A few other parts were fitted (thumb safety, grip safety letoff), and sear spring was hand beveled middle fork. The disconnector was polished in the right places, and the extractor was polished and had a little bend to it...although I don't have the tool to check if it's tuned correctly. I hand polished the barrel throat and the rear of the trigger stirrup while I had it apart. Wish I'd have polished the thumb safety where it rides on the plunger....but I can do that later.

Obvious differences between the USGI 1911A1 and this one......The Tisas has a slightly extended ejector, beveled mag opening, and throated barrel. The checkering on the trigger face is weak, as is the checkering on the thumb safety pad. But they tried.

All in all, it's damn nice for $329 shipped.
They've got a checkered trigger more or less like USGI guns? Cool.
Originally Posted by SargeMO

You can see it...but you can hardly feel it with your finger.
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Like he said, though, very weak. It's barely there.

Back when the Sistema 1911A1s were coming into the country from Argentina by the boat load for less than $300.00 a pop, I ordered one. By mistake, they sent me an actual 1927 Commercial Colt that said Federal Police on it in Spanish. Although sold to the Argentine Federal Police via the commercial market, it was identical to the USGI Colt 1911A1 in all respects (apart from "US Property" and such), to include all the small parts, such as the finely checkered wide hammer spur, the checkered arched MSH with a lanyard loop, the checkered trigger face, the WWII style thumb safety with checkering on the upper surface, checkered mag release, and the checkered slide stop. I wish I never sold it. I didn't appreciate such things as much back then.
I learned on the checkered GI trigger and developed a preference for it. I can't tell you how many I've bought for 10-20 bucks, drilled and tapped them for a stop and then plugged them back into whatever old pistol I was tinkering with.

Last time I looked, USGI triggers were bringing fat money on Fleabay.
I should have done a parts comparison to my Remington Rand while it was disassembled....but just didn't have time. Didn't take any pics.
So, who besides me has shot theirs? Impressions? Problems? Mine hasn't skipped a beat.
© 24hourcampfire