Home
Posted By: saddlering S&W MP body Guard - 02/23/20
Asking about this one , Girl Friend just got one of these seems like a nice 380 for the Money, but should the slide lock open after the last round is fired?? it does not, and can you load a mag, put one in the chamber and top off the mag? seems like it wont on this gun. not ever owned one of these, it has the longest trigger pull of any hand gun Iv ever fired. but she can work the slide and load it! any Info be Great!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/23/20
The BG 380 is my least favorite of the pocket 380's. To my thinking, the only reason they sell, is because they are the only offering with a manual safety. The trigger pull is horrible. For the money difference, it is FAR ahead to buy a Beretta Pico, or even a Ruger LCP.
Posted By: hillbillyjake Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/24/20
The one I have stays open after the last shot. Haven't tried topping off the mag.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/24/20
I like my BG.380 no problems and has the same pull my 642 had .I'VE got 2k rounds thru her.
Posted By: 603Country Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/24/20
After looking at a lot of pocket pistols, I bought a Bodyguard 380. I had tritium night sights put on it. The slide locks back on the last round, and I can top off the mag when I put a round in the chamber. They offer the pistol with or without a safety, and I chose the model with a manual safety. As for the trigger pull, it is a long one, but smooth. I shoot it real well at reasonable distances. There is a short stroke trigger available (Santiago), and I might go for that, but don’t really see the need so far. I carry it comfortably in a front pocket, in one of those holsters that stay in the pocket when you pull the pistol out.

Also, it’s comfortable to shoot. I’ll typically run about 50 rounds through it when I practice, and no pain in the hand. I shoot it Ok left handed too, but not great.
Posted By: saddlering Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/24/20
Thanks Guys, this one has the safety on it! Im thinking the mag might be the problem, did buy it used but looks new, from My ffl.
Posted By: Waders Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/26/20
Originally Posted by saddlering
Asking about this one , Girl Friend just got one of these seems like a nice 380 for the Money, but should the slide lock open after the last round is fired?? it does not, and can you load a mag, put one in the chamber and top off the mag? seems like it wont on this gun. not ever owned one of these, it has the longest trigger pull of any hand gun Iv ever fired. but she can work the slide and load it! any Info be Great!

Sorry my friend, but whenever I see you post I can't focus my brain enough to read what you type, because my mind immediately goes to you getting shot in the leg by your pard' while mushroom picking! All I can picture is you sitting there, drinking booze to prepare for your buddy performing surgery! Yeah...sorry, but that gets me laffing every time.

Good luck with your gun issue, though...
Posted By: saddlering Re: S&W MP body Guard - 02/26/20
Yes the Big snake on the Flat Rock! LOL Old now not near that tough anymore!
Posted By: saddlering Re: S&W MP body Guard - 03/17/20
I bought a new mag for her gun, we shot it and works fine now! can top it off and it will lock open after the last shot! the trigger does suck but after shooting it some we both started shooting it pretty well! shes happy now and so am I.
© 24hourcampfire