Home
Posted By: Crockettnj Canick elite users? - 04/02/20
Anyone have any time with a Canick TP9 SF Elite?

Is the trigger as good as is reported in the 'reviews' (which I have found are advertisements as much as reviews)

Will mags from other full sized models fit the smaller SF Elite?

Overalll your thoughts?
Posted By: Yondering Re: Canick elite users? - 04/02/20
I'd like to know too. I've got the SFx, and have considered picking up the smaller SF Elite as well.

I'd guess the trigger is similar to the SFx, the one I handled at the range felt like it, but I didn't disassemble it and don't know for sure.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Canick elite users? - 04/02/20
I haven't shot one, but the triggers I've tried were pretty darned good, on par with the fancier SIG 320s, if not better.

I've been looking for something to replace my M&P, as I just haven't warmed up to it and it's staplegun trigger. The M&P's trigger is better than a stock Glocks, but not much better. The Canik I fooled with was awfully good.
Posted By: Redhill Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20

I have shot the Elite and have a SF and the trigger in the Elite was a whisper better than the SF. Very impressed with the Elite and think it is a contender in the size niche that it is in. It felt very good in the hand and was more desirable than the SF I already had. Accuracy was correspondingly better, I think due to the trigger, than you would expect looking at the size of the pistol.

I had the Elite on a buy list before the virus hit and it remains there now.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Anyone have any time with a Canick TP9 SF Elite?

Is the trigger as good as is reported in the 'reviews' (which I have found are advertisements as much as reviews)

Will mags from other full sized models fit the smaller SF Elite?

Overalll your thoughts?
have both --- about 6000 rds. between the two.

yes and yes. The other guys TP9 mags work well also.. Beretta TP9 can be modified.

Longer 20 rd. mags fit in the elite as well. as the replacements. Trigger let off is similar to but take up shorter and over travel less than M&P 2.0

Grip is better than the larger model.

Hard to explain, but for me, allowing the gun to cycle before allowing the trigger to go forward, rather than timing the two as in Glock, gives very fast time transitions between targets. doesn't seem as sensitive as comp model.

sights may seem "tall" to some shooters, but they remind me when target guns had tall thin front sights with tighter light bars on the side --more than the current "fast - wide ones"

main difference -- the way the slide is removed from the frame. Elite tilts off. comp. moves forward.

either gun is a steal for the price in terms of quality and value
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Thanks for the info. Been fondling one and thinking strongly, fits me well.

Deposit is down.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Got an SF , SF elite. Elite sc also . Will put them against anything . And I have or have owned damn near everthing
Posted By: Yondering Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by ldholton
Got an SF , SF elite. Elite sc also . Will put them against anything . And I have or have owned damn near everthing

What's the difference between the SF Elite and the Elite sc?
Posted By: ldholton Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by ldholton

What's the difference between the SF Elite and the Elite sc?

SC is sub compact version , kind of like glock 19 vs 26
Posted By: Yondering Re: Canick elite users? - 04/03/20
Thanks.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Canick elite users? - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Yondering
Thanks.

I might mention the sub compact model airsoft forget the right phrase for you is Optics ready. That requires a mini side maybe the right phrase like a Sig Romeo 0 4 Co Witness
© 24hourcampfire