Home
Posted By: Rambler214 .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/12/21
My local Walmart just got in a decent supply of ammo. Rimfire included. 3 box limit, but no price gouging. Best price I have seen in a while.

The manager said to stop back in and keep an eye on their shelves because they are having more trucks coming in.

I doubt this is isolated to just my local store, so heads up to those looking.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I assume you needed it, so good for you. When this is over, don’t get caught again. Learned my lesson during the Obama crunch.

Looks like the gougers are going to get stuck with their mounds of Thunderduds again. Very heartwarming. Look for YouTube videos on what to do with all those Thunderduds no one wants anymore. Beanbag chairs?
A guy at my club was using some of that ammo today and told me the same thing. I guess he kept going in to the store and bought 3 at a time, until he couldn't do it anymore. I think he bought 9 boxes before they said anything to him. Seemed to shoot well enough in his rifle. Glad to see CCI putting ammo on the shelves. Last month my lgs had some of that meat eater labled CCI 22lr ammo in the 300 round boxes. They had quite a bit of the stuff, but it didn't last long.
Posted By: ned Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/13/21
Put it in the Classifieds for twice what you paid just to enjoy the show when the price police come out from under their rocks smile

jk,

ned
Ive found it as well as some 308,30-06 ,410,20 and 12 ga.
I had a manager say there was plenty of ammo in the distribution centers but it was being sent to the retail s in dribs and drabs--- no telling when it would show up
Originally Posted by savage2400
Ive found it as well as some 308,30-06 ,410,20 and 12 ga.
I had a manager say there was plenty of ammo in the distribution centers but it was being sent to the retail s in dribs and drabs--- no telling when it would show up

There may very well be some truth in that. Seems every shipping company is begging for drivers. The supply chain got broken during the shutdown and is not back fully in place. Lots of drivers went onto other things or so they say.
Posted By: 405wcf Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/13/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Looks like the gougers are going to get stuck with their mounds of Thunderduds again. Very heartwarming. Look for YouTube videos on what to do with all those Thunderduds no one wants anymore. Beanbag chairs?

x100!
Posted By: bobski Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/13/21
but was it sold in walmart at normal prices?
They had 20 gauge for $4.xx, and 243, 308, 30-06, 350 legend for $17-19.

I reload, so happiest to see the rimfire stuff back.
Posted By: MAC Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/13/21
Got some CCI 22 shorts here in TX last week. $7 for 100 with a 3 box limit. I grabbed 3 and had a buddy grab 1 for me. I like to have shorts on hand so I can play with my grandfather's old Stevens Crackshot. It is well over 100 years old and I don't want to shoot any high velocity rounds in it. Got to keep the old gun shooting.
I wonder when that hijacked Aquila .22 will start showing up in the Estados Unitas
Posted By: DANNYL Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/13/21
I was at ours last week and they had some also. An older man wanted a box and he also had a box of 410 shells on the counter and I heard them tell him he could get 1 or the other, what a crock. He took the 410 and said all he wanted them for was to rid the squirrels of his bird feeder.
LGS I was at the other day had norma 22 lr at $10 ea for 50 no other brand.
Posted By: EdM Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I assume you needed it, so good for you. When this is over, don’t get caught again. Learned my lesson during the Obama crunch.

What does need have to do with it?
I aquired a surplus of Federal Auto Match, CCI Blazers, CCI Mini Mags, and Winchester Super X now. Might be time to move it along
Originally Posted by gemby58
I aquired a surplus of Federal Auto Match, CCI Blazers, CCI Mini Mags, and Winchester Super X now. Might be time to move it along

Scared you won't be able to get much out of it after its back on the shelves?
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gemby58

Scared you won't be able to get much out of it after its back on the shelves?

Not at all, I could sale for 8 cents a round and still make a nice profit
Posted By: jstert Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/25/21
cci 22lr at decent prices with free shipping for $99+ orders available direct online:
https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/
Posted By: GeoW Re: .22 ammo, pleasant surprise - 06/27/21
Much ammo will be unloaded soon... from scalpers, cheap probably.
Been picking some up at the local Walmart at decent prices lately. Fed. automatch, CCI standard vel., and Win. power points.

They seem to get a little every day or so.
Everybody are hoarders around here...

People buy everything they can get their hands on regardless if they need it or use it..

they max out all of their credit cards, just figuring they have something to trade when the time comes...

another trait this nation is getting just like in communist countries
Originally Posted by slugflinger
Been picking some up at the local Walmart at decent prices lately. Fed. automatch, CCI standard vel., and Win. power points.

They seem to get a little every day or so.

Funny you mention that. I was just at Walmart doing some grocery shopping, so stopped by sporting goods to see what they had.

Came out with 3 boxes of Win Super-X 40 gr Power Points. $8.23/ea box of 100.

If I ever get hungry enough, they'll anchor a Muscovy. smile
I believe that's what I paid.

New Contender carbine barrel likes the older power points I have left. ( Partial box). Haven't had time to check out the new ones. 🤞

Hopefully they'll do at least minute of zombie forehead at 50.
Just bought two cartons of CCI Standard from midway for $110 shipped. Not a great deal by old prices but IMO worth the price now. Oh by the way, they’re out of stock now.
I have twice been able to order Mini Mags from CCI’s site in the last couple of months. The last batch was $1 more a box. Still, with free shipping it’s reasonable. My 10/22 CSC likes it pretty well too.
© 24hourcampfire