Home
Posted By: hunter4623 Rifle recommendation - 02/15/22
Discovered some flaws on a recent hog trip. Ruger American in .22mag. Got busted by some pigs while sneaking thru the woods. After multiple attempts to get the plastic stock to stop sliding against the plastic buckle on my backpack, I finally got the rifle up and on target. I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger and nothing happens. By the time I unphucked the situation I realized the bolt had risen slightly. Got the gun into battery but the pigs were in the thick stuff. The gun is cheap, accurate and fun but failed the real world test. Sending it down the road. Looking for a non full size, .22mag with a bolt lock and reasonably accurate rifle (threaded would be nice but not required) (flush mag is preferred, if possible) What’s out there? Personal experience of the positives and negatives of said gun....not something you read about. Thanks
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/15/22
Poke a Boyd's on same and live a little. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though I've never seen one. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: Partsman Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/15/22
Working rifles there stick.
Typical Safe Queen schit,that ain't ever been Outdoors. Hint.(grin)

Yard the fhuqking trigger lever and toss it's spring...then you HAVE sumptin'. Hint.

Ruger mags have no equal,whether in reliability or relative footprint sizing,to round count ratio. I of course trim mag latches,but a couple pics were Newborns. Hint. LAUGHING!

'Course,rifles ain't very fhuqking "tricky",for the astute. Hint...................(grin)
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/15/22
Do the new Bergaras have locking bolts?
Paula,

Like YOU could "afford" a rifle! Hint.

Keep DREAMING and practicing your GoogleFu! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/18/22
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Discovered some flaws on a recent hog trip. Ruger American in .22mag. Got busted by some pigs while sneaking thru the woods. After multiple attempts to get the plastic stock to stop sliding against the plastic buckle on my backpack, I finally got the rifle up and on target. I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger and nothing happens. By the time I unphucked the situation I realized the bolt had risen slightly. Got the gun into battery but the pigs were in the thick stuff. The gun is cheap, accurate and fun but failed the real world test. Sending it down the road. Looking for a non full size, .22mag with a bolt lock and reasonably accurate rifle (threaded would be nice but not required) (flush mag is preferred, if possible) What’s out there? Personal experience of the positives and negatives of said gun....not something you read about. Thanks

Is the 22 mag a heavy barrel?
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Yard the fhuqking trigger lever and toss it's spring...then you HAVE sumptin'. Hint.

Ruger mags have no equal,whether in reliability or relative footprint sizing,to round count ratio. I of course trim mag latches,but a couple pics were Newborns. Hint. LAUGHING!

'Course,rifles ain't very fhuqking "tricky",for the astute. Hint...................(grin)

Works fine without the lever?
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/18/22
10mag. Not the heavy barrel. Gun shoots as well as can be expected with the .22 mag ammo on the market. I’m sure we’d all line up to buy match ammo if they sold it.
Let me know if you get serious about selling unless you aren't into having to ship.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/18/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Works fine without the lever?

Works great sans lever. With a new spring the trigger can be adjusted down to pretty damn decent..

Forget the part number/make of the spring but I’d wager stick has a pic
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/18/22
Buried somewhere...my filing "system" might could be better,but toss the lever and pin offa' cliff. Hint..................(grin)
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/19/22
Got it!!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/19/22
Me too. Hint................(grin)

Posted By: jk16 Re: Rifle recommendation - 02/19/22
I tuned my RAR triggers about 6 years ago and I believe I used a common Ball point pen spring cut down to the proper length in the above pics.

I also ditched the safety blade and spring. The triggers are a safe 2.5lbs and very crisp.
© 24hourcampfire