Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Discovered some flaws on a recent hog trip. Ruger American in .22mag. Got busted by some pigs while sneaking thru the woods. After multiple attempts to get the plastic stock to stop sliding against the plastic buckle on my backpack, I finally got the rifle up and on target. I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger and nothing happens. By the time I unphucked the situation I realized the bolt had risen slightly. Got the gun into battery but the pigs were in the thick stuff. The gun is cheap, accurate and fun but failed the real world test. Sending it down the road. Looking for a non full size, .22mag with a bolt lock and reasonably accurate rifle (threaded would be nice but not required) (flush mag is preferred, if possible) What’s out there? Personal experience of the positives and negatives of said gun....not something you read about. Thanks

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Poke a Boyd's on same and live a little. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though I've never seen one. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Working rifles there stick.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Typical Safe Queen schit,that ain't ever been Outdoors. Hint.(grin)

Yard the fhuqking trigger lever and toss it's spring...then you HAVE sumptin'. Hint.

Ruger mags have no equal,whether in reliability or relative footprint sizing,to round count ratio. I of course trim mag latches,but a couple pics were Newborns. Hint. LAUGHING!

'Course,rifles ain't very fhuqking "tricky",for the astute. Hint...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do the new Bergaras have locking bolts?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paula,

Like YOU could "afford" a rifle! Hint.

Keep DREAMING and practicing your GoogleFu! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Discovered some flaws on a recent hog trip. Ruger American in .22mag. Got busted by some pigs while sneaking thru the woods. After multiple attempts to get the plastic stock to stop sliding against the plastic buckle on my backpack, I finally got the rifle up and on target. I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger and nothing happens. By the time I unphucked the situation I realized the bolt had risen slightly. Got the gun into battery but the pigs were in the thick stuff. The gun is cheap, accurate and fun but failed the real world test. Sending it down the road. Looking for a non full size, .22mag with a bolt lock and reasonably accurate rifle (threaded would be nice but not required) (flush mag is preferred, if possible) What’s out there? Personal experience of the positives and negatives of said gun....not something you read about. Thanks

Is the 22 mag a heavy barrel?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Yard the fhuqking trigger lever and toss it's spring...then you HAVE sumptin'. Hint.

Ruger mags have no equal,whether in reliability or relative footprint sizing,to round count ratio. I of course trim mag latches,but a couple pics were Newborns. Hint. LAUGHING!

'Course,rifles ain't very fhuqking "tricky",for the astute. Hint...................(grin)

Works fine without the lever?

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
10mag. Not the heavy barrel. Gun shoots as well as can be expected with the .22 mag ammo on the market. I’m sure we’d all line up to buy match ammo if they sold it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let me know if you get serious about selling unless you aren't into having to ship.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Works fine without the lever?

Works great sans lever. With a new spring the trigger can be adjusted down to pretty damn decent..

Forget the part number/make of the spring but I’d wager stick has a pic

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buried somewhere...my filing "system" might could be better,but toss the lever and pin offa' cliff. Hint..................(grin)

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Got it!!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me too. Hint................(grin)

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I tuned my RAR triggers about 6 years ago and I believe I used a common Ball point pen spring cut down to the proper length in the above pics.

I also ditched the safety blade and spring. The triggers are a safe 2.5lbs and very crisp.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 51 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,663
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.