Home
Until May 21.

Get ‘em while they’re hot!

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rimfire/22lr/22-lr-40-gr-lrn-tac-22/
That's a really good deal. They are much more expensive at Cabela's and sportsman's and Scheels. About twice that price.
I've ordered twice now with the free shipping. I put some through a CZ455 last week. Took about 15-20 rounds to let the lube do it's thing. Then it got seriously good at 50 yds. Comparable ( almost ) to SK Standard Plus. Good bang for the buck nowdays. I ordered last week at $38 and change per brick from Norma. RWS makes this.
I ordered a couple boxes of the eco-fragmenting stuff to try too. Very fast and the gelatin test looks nasty. If they get here in time and work in my handguns, I’ll buy some more. Norma warns that some autos might not function with them due to the light bullet. My M63 isn’t fussy….🤔
It's pretty good stuff. I picked up a couple of bricks of CCI Standard for $38 at my LGS yesterday.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That's a really good deal. They are much more expensive at Cabela's and sportsman's and Scheels. About twice that price.

You ain’t lying I picked some up at sportsmans they wanted $9.99 a box of 50, I picked up two boxes. What ended up shooting real well in my kids AR15-22 was the cci standard. The Norma stuff was not the best. I was shooting it at 100yds as well. Maybe I should’ve shot it at 50yds.
Originally Posted by 79S

You ain’t lying I picked some up at sportsmans they wanted $9.99 a box of 50, I picked up two boxes. What ended up shooting real well in my kids AR15-22 was the cci standard. The Norma stuff was not the best. I was shooting it at 100yds as well. Maybe I should’ve shot it at 50yds.

Yeah, that is why I bought a few boxes to just try out in my rifles. I also bought some wolf match stuff as well. Almost bought some CCI standard velocity target ammo too. The local Scheels has a bunch of different types of target ammo, like Eley pistol target, Eley target, eley of some other flavor. I hate buying multiple bricks of something that isn't going to shoot well. Just because everyone else says it does in their rifles, doesn't mean yours is going to like it.. Just something I learned a long time ago. The price is great on this Norma Tac stuff though. Now I just need to get out there and shoot some of my 22's!! ha ha. I really love the rifles that aren't picky. If it shoots the cheap bulk federal hollow points well, I'm pretty happy.. Those work great on jackrabbits, sage rats and ground squirrels..
https://palmettostatearmory.com/norma-22lr-tac-22-40gr-lrn-50rd-box-ammo-2318716.html
I bought 2 boxes at Academy for $7.99/box to try out. It did as good as SK so I bought 4 bricks last time it was on sale with free shipping
I guess Norma quit making Norma Match. I don't see it listed on their website. Several of my rifles love it.
I would like to try some Norma Match as well.
Ditto, but ain’t seen any of late.

Tried some TAC in my 10/22 CSC Tuesday and it did pretty well, and functioned better than the CCI AR (or whatever) stuff. Had some very tight 5-shot clusters at 50 with some gusty wind and a 2-7 scope. Not trying to turn this one into a bench gun, just want reliable function and decent accuracy. If memory serves (!), it’s definitely better in that one than SV, but probably not as good as Club. Definitely excellent ammo for the price.
Originally Posted by pullit
I would like to try some Norma Match as well.

That is one of my favorites. All of my rifles love it..
thanks for the heads up, got two bricks, used the 5% off welcome code as well.
Grabbed a couple bricks to try out.

5-5 shot groups at 50 yards averaged ~.400 from my 452 American and ~.620 from my Kidd.

Didn’t measure groups but they looked at good as the expensive stuff at 200 yards from the CZ.

Definitely a good buy at current price IMO.
Took in a case. Except for the box stuff looks indistinguishable from GECO Bolt. RUAG, supposedly. Whatever, my lot of GECO is mediocre, little better than Blazer.

Happy to say TAC is on par with CCI SV. The 10/22 used for pigeons likes it slightly better than SV or CCI sub-HPs. The Sav/Ans 164 likes SV just slightly better.

CCI sub-HPs are about twice as expensive as SV at the moment. Going to make TAC HPs with the Waltz die and kill some pigeons with it.
It was good enough for me to grab a few more bricks during the sale/free shipping.

Should get me through a lot of matches and squirrels with the 452.

The Kidd did noticeably better with SK std+, which is decently priced so I will stick with it in that one.
I signed up for spam, and got a 5% discount code. Code is WELCOME5.
432.00 delivered for a case with code. PA tax was 6%.
No dog in this fight, but we were shooting gophers the other day and my friend was shooting a Weatherby 22 semi auto and it kept jamming with this stuff.

We had no problems with the same gun and federal ammunition…
Not shot it in a semi auto but am getting good results out of my bolt actions
Originally Posted by shrapnel
No dog in this fight, but we were shooting gophers the other day and my friend was shooting a Weatherby 22 semi auto and it kept jamming with this stuff.

We had no problems with the same gun and federal ammunition…

Interesting as I hope to take my recently acquired Weatherby out tomorrow and TAC will be one of many that I plan to shoot.
Shrap and Ed… when I acquired my wby semi auto it gave me fits with reliability. I knew it was a bit dirty from initial inspection but when I stripped it down all the way it was the filthiest 22 I had ever seen.

I must have sprayed and cleaned 5 lbs of lead and gunk out of the thing. Reassembled and it runs like a top now

Not implying either one of your rifles is the same but something to consider anyway…

Let us know how yours shoots Ed
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Shrap and Ed… when I acquired my wby semi auto it gave me fits with reliability. I knew it was a bit dirty from initial inspection but when I stripped it down all the way it was the filthiest 22 I had ever seen.

I must have sprayed and cleaned 5 lbs of lead and gunk out of the thing. Reassembled and it runs like a top now

Not implying either one of your rifles is the same but something to consider anyway…

Dirt is the biggest enemy of the semi-auto, and I didn't take his gun apart to check it. While we were out, I had Federal copper clad hollow points that worked without a hitch. I was wondering if it might be the soft lead and wax coating on the TAC...
I also received my two bricks of Norma tac-22 on Monday via Fed-x, used them yesterday on gophers in my Marlin mod 60 squirrel. loaded 5, all 5 jammed, loaded 5 velocitor' s--they all worked as usual.
Originally Posted by unahunt
I also received my two bricks of Norma tac-22 on Monday via Fed-x, used them yesterday on gophers in my Marlin mod 60 squirrel. loaded 5, all 5 jammed, loaded 5 velocitor' s--they all worked as usual.
Well, that is not good! I still need to try some out in my 10-22. That will be about the best test. I hate ammo that does not function well. Sometimes needing that ammo in competitions my club puts on, where we shoot head to head, where not only accuracy prevails, but getting it done before the other guy is also a criteria. With ammo you can't depend on, you might as well stay home.. That reminds me, we have a golf ball shoot coming up. Wonder if Randy is cleaning his 4 Volquartsen 22WMR's? He hates my A17 with a passion because it is both more accurate and doesn't "jam up" as much. ha ha..
Pappy348: The Norma site now shows "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS FOR A LIMITED TIME"!
So "I" am gonna buy some.
Thanks for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I’ve fired about 400 trouble free rounds from what I’ve ordered from Norma in the past few weeks.

Couple fliers here and there at 200, but I’m liking the ammo so far, especially at the current price.
Guess I'm lucky in a 10/22 with a Whistle Pig barrel. No issues and shot right with SK Standard Plus. I'm a fan so far.
Well, that is not good! I still need to try some out in my 10-22. That will be about the best test. I hate ammo that does not function well. Sometimes needing that ammo in competitions my club puts on, where we shoot head to head, where not only accuracy prevails, but getting it done before the other guy is also a criteria. With ammo you can't depend on, you might as well stay home.. That reminds me, we have a golf ball shoot coming up. Wonder if Randy is cleaning his 4 Volquartsen 22WMR's? He hates my A17 with a passion because it is both more accurate and doesn't "jam up" as much. ha ha..

Velocitors and TAC is an apples to oranges comparison tho..

To be sure semi autos are going to be more particular in what they function with as some will prefer/need a hotter round.

I have never had TAC give me any type of reliability issues and my KIDD has been thru a bit of it

Velocitors and TAC is an apples to oranges comparison tho..

To be sure semi autos are going to be more particular in what they function with as some will prefer/need a hotter round.

I have never had TAC give me any type of reliability issues and my KIDD has been thru a bit of it

Sounds good Cert. I'll give them a try. Not sure when though Its been pretty windy here. I need to test out a brick of federal gold medal match ammo I bought yesterday too. I'm thinking that stuff will shoot tight groups, but we shall see.
Bsa, hope it shoots well for you. Bought a bunch of the federal GM ultra match some time back and some of my rifles love it.

IIRC one of the rifles it shines brightest in was the Winchester 52
Bsa, hope it shoots well for you. Bought a bunch of the federal GM ultra match some time back and some of my rifles love it.

IIRC one of the rifles it shines brightest in was the Winchester 52

Oh, that is good news. I'll bet my 52 will like it too. That rifle is not finicky at all though.
Don’t get your hopes up with the Federal Gold Metal Match, as it’s not close to Federal UltraMatch.

I shot a brick of the Federal Gold Metal Match, and was rather disappointed.
My old CZ 452 Varmint shot both the 711B and 719 very, very well. Not sure if that’s considered “match” or “target”.

Unfortunately, after selling that rifle it’s been put in the plinking pile because none of my scopes .22s shoot it as good.
Pappy348: Thanks again for the heads up - I stopped at a distant gunshop here in western Montana yesterday and they had a couple of cartons (500 round packs) of the Norma-TAC-22 and they were priced at $89.90 a piece!
So indeed thanks for the heads up.
And today I got an E-mail from the Norma store you suggested and they confirmed my order was on the way with "free shipping" on my $42.98 order!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Found another source for ammo, including TAC, and believe it or not, .410 target loads. The TAC is very cheap, but you’d have to buy a lot to get free shipping. Never heard of them, but found them on ammoseek and took a chance. Didn’t get any tracking info, but when I inquired, the were very quick to respond and followed up.

https://www.mutinymachine.com/
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pappy348: Thanks again for the heads up - I stopped at a distant gunshop here in western Montana yesterday and they had a couple of cartons (500 round packs) of the Norma-TAC-22 and they were priced at $89.90 a piece!
And today I got an E-mail from the Norma store you suggested and they confirmed my order was on the way with "free shipping" on my $42.98 order!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Rural King here has it for $89.99/500 and they sell it like crazy....
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Found another source for ammo, including TAC, and believe it or not, .410 target loads. The TAC is very cheap, but you’d have to buy a lot to get free shipping. Never heard of them, but found them on ammoseek and took a chance. Didn’t get any tracking info, but when I inquired, the were very quick to respond and followed up.

https://www.mutinymachine.com/

18.99 flat rate/550 for free shipping. No thanks.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Dirt is the biggest enemy of the semi-auto, and I didn't take his gun apart to check it. While we were out, I had Federal copper clad hollow points that worked without a hitch. I was wondering if it might be the soft lead and wax coating on the TAC...

My CSC has a tight chamber and needs a snake or chamber brush applied once in a while to keep it running smooth. Depends on the bullet shape as much as anything I suspect. Last time out, CCI AR was giving me trouble, so I pulled the snake through it. The Tac ran fine after that, and so did the AR for a couple mags thrown at a spinner. I need to make a chamber brush I can work through the action port.
I agree, as long as Norma has it for $42.89 with free shipping over $49. When that goes away, as it will, then $93.99 for two bricks from Mutiny looks better. Gonna take a while to burn up what’s on hand, then we’ll see what the hot deal is.

Either beats $9.99 a box from the other guys.

So far, Club has been the star in my Ruger, and I’ve been getting that for less than $8 here and there, mostly from SG when they don’t limit your purchase.
Originally Posted by Holston
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Rural King here has it for $89.99/500 and they sell it like crazy....
Some people have more $$ than brains.

Barely gave more than that last week for 2 bricks shipped and now the same place has them even cheaper.
So far I have gotten 10 bricks from either PSA or Norma with free shipping. ~43-45 bucks a brick. I was down to 95 bricks of various rimfire and only had 250 rounds of TAC22 left. Even though I am not hurting for primers, powder or bullets my 22’s have been getting 90% of the range work. Reason being I can replace the 22’s a lot cheaper than primers, and under the current situation I doubt it’s going to get much better.
It's interesting to see the variance in groups people are mentioning.

22's are always finicky, but after seeing this thread, I decided to get out some TAC22 I'd bought a while back to see what it would do in several of my rifles.

At the time I bought it, I'd seen lots of positive posts about it, so when I'd found it on sale, I'd stocked up.

When I got it, I tried it in a few rifles but wasn't impressed, so it went to the back of the safe.

I ran it through a few the other day and had moments of greatness only to be ruined by huge swings, as much as 2 Mils at 50 yards. It won't win any prizes in the matches I shoot, but it will be fine for playing around.

I do believe it will be good for handguns too.
Holston: I was not/am not familiar with this TAC-22 ammo but maybe I should re-up my order it sounds like it shoots well (accurately) for lots of folks.
Maybe I should re-up my order?
This definitely is a good deal.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I have some TAC that is 5 years old, and it shoots really well in my Anschutz. I got a new case and it is not very accurate. I guess it has changed.
Ordered 2 bricks and it arrived today. Groups well in my CZs 452,455 and Ruger 10 22. I'm satisfied with them.
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have some TAC that is 5 years old, and it shoots really well in my Anschutz. I got a new case and it is not very accurate. I guess it has changed.

I have tried it three different times over the years and it has seems the accuracy seems to vary from lot# to lot# but it has never shot as well as CCI S/V in any of my 22's.

drover
Few groups from today playing around with a new stock on the Kidd. 10-shot groups @ 50 yards. Very top group is SK standard + for comparison.

Plenty good enough for me for plinking, practice and hunting. Grabbed boxes from different bricks bought at various times, all seemed to shoot the same for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit: Oops… Top pic is 5 shot groups.
That's nice and consistent!

Did you just swap ammo and shoot groups or clean between brands?
I pulled a dry patch through and shot steel for 20 rounds before back to paper.
That's what I usually do and it seems to work well.
Pappy348: My order of Norma TAC-22 arrived last evening. The shipping box was beat to smithereens but the actual ammo cartons were only minor damage - looks like it had fallen off a high speed truck!
I checked the small inner boxes of ammo and all was well there - now I'm waiting for the winds to calm and will do some testing.
By the way my shipping container contained a coupon for 5% off on my next order.
Maybe I should not be so hesitant to use this new fangled "buy by internet" option?
Thanks again for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My boxes were beat to crap as well.

Boxes inside the carton seemed fine though, so NBD.

Hope it shoots decent for you.
Holston: Isn't that weird?
I wish I had saved that out box for "show and tell".
I mean it really looked like it had been thrown at high speed into a cement wall - a couple of times!
Oh well - winds to 25 and 35 MPH next three days hereabouts - 10 to 15 MPH today so went gun shoppin.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Shipping is a hazardous undertaking these days. Proper packaging helps keep the damage to a minimum, but that’s a crapshoot too. I had a case of soup with three out of six cans badly dented (got my money back), a bag of coffee beans that busted open, a Henry Single shot that got futzed up, though not visibly, a rototiller that apparently fell off a cliff, pesticides leaked all over the package etc etc etc. Best thing to do is complain to the shipper if the package was poorly prepared, and also if the express company obviously mishandled it. UPS, Fedex, and the USPS don’t give a rat’s ass.

This stuff is why I won’t sell any more guns online, and only buy from sellers I trust to take care of issues.

Thank goodness the $26 jar of Medlar jelly I ordered from England was packaged properly! That stuff is good.
Interesting, I ordered 5 bricks from PSA and then 5 from Norma. In both the bricks were individually wrapped in stretch wrap, paper padding inside so they didn’t flop around. Packages arrived undamaged and taped heavy so the box couldn’t pop open. Not a single dent on anything inside. Will say I have had some really beat to sh*t packages from Amazon, but that has not been my experience with PSA or Norma.
© 24hourcampfire