Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Holston
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pappy348: Thanks again for the heads up - I stopped at a distant gunshop here in western Montana yesterday and they had a couple of cartons (500 round packs) of the Norma-TAC-22 and they were priced at $89.90 a piece!
So indeed thanks for the heads up.
And today I got an E-mail from the Norma store you suggested and they confirmed my order was on the way with "free shipping" on my $42.98 order!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Rural King here has it for $89.99/500 and they sell it like crazy....
Some people have more $$ than brains.

Barely gave more than that last week for 2 bricks shipped and now the same place has them even cheaper.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So far I have gotten 10 bricks from either PSA or Norma with free shipping. ~43-45 bucks a brick. I was down to 95 bricks of various rimfire and only had 250 rounds of TAC22 left. Even though I am not hurting for primers, powder or bullets my 22’s have been getting 90% of the range work. Reason being I can replace the 22’s a lot cheaper than primers, and under the current situation I doubt it’s going to get much better.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's interesting to see the variance in groups people are mentioning.

22's are always finicky, but after seeing this thread, I decided to get out some TAC22 I'd bought a while back to see what it would do in several of my rifles.

At the time I bought it, I'd seen lots of positive posts about it, so when I'd found it on sale, I'd stocked up.

When I got it, I tried it in a few rifles but wasn't impressed, so it went to the back of the safe.

I ran it through a few the other day and had moments of greatness only to be ruined by huge swings, as much as 2 Mils at 50 yards. It won't win any prizes in the matches I shoot, but it will be fine for playing around.

I do believe it will be good for handguns too.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Holston: I was not/am not familiar with this TAC-22 ammo but maybe I should re-up my order it sounds like it shoots well (accurately) for lots of folks.
Maybe I should re-up my order?
This definitely is a good deal.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have some TAC that is 5 years old, and it shoots really well in my Anschutz. I got a new case and it is not very accurate. I guess it has changed.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ordered 2 bricks and it arrived today. Groups well in my CZs 452,455 and Ruger 10 22. I'm satisfied with them.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have some TAC that is 5 years old, and it shoots really well in my Anschutz. I got a new case and it is not very accurate. I guess it has changed.

I have tried it three different times over the years and it has seems the accuracy seems to vary from lot# to lot# but it has never shot as well as CCI S/V in any of my 22's.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Few groups from today playing around with a new stock on the Kidd. 10-shot groups @ 50 yards. Very top group is SK standard + for comparison.

Plenty good enough for me for plinking, practice and hunting. Grabbed boxes from different bricks bought at various times, all seemed to shoot the same for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit: Oops… Top pic is 5 shot groups.

Last edited by Holston; 06/05/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's nice and consistent!

Did you just swap ammo and shoot groups or clean between brands?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I pulled a dry patch through and shot steel for 20 rounds before back to paper.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's what I usually do and it seems to work well.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pappy348: My order of Norma TAC-22 arrived last evening. The shipping box was beat to smithereens but the actual ammo cartons were only minor damage - looks like it had fallen off a high speed truck!
I checked the small inner boxes of ammo and all was well there - now I'm waiting for the winds to calm and will do some testing.
By the way my shipping container contained a coupon for 5% off on my next order.
Maybe I should not be so hesitant to use this new fangled "buy by internet" option?
Thanks again for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My boxes were beat to crap as well.

Boxes inside the carton seemed fine though, so NBD.

Hope it shoots decent for you.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Holston: Isn't that weird?
I wish I had saved that out box for "show and tell".
I mean it really looked like it had been thrown at high speed into a cement wall - a couple of times!
Oh well - winds to 25 and 35 MPH next three days hereabouts - 10 to 15 MPH today so went gun shoppin.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Shipping is a hazardous undertaking these days. Proper packaging helps keep the damage to a minimum, but that’s a crapshoot too. I had a case of soup with three out of six cans badly dented (got my money back), a bag of coffee beans that busted open, a Henry Single shot that got futzed up, though not visibly, a rototiller that apparently fell off a cliff, pesticides leaked all over the package etc etc etc. Best thing to do is complain to the shipper if the package was poorly prepared, and also if the express company obviously mishandled it. UPS, Fedex, and the USPS don’t give a rat’s ass.

This stuff is why I won’t sell any more guns online, and only buy from sellers I trust to take care of issues.

Thank goodness the $26 jar of Medlar jelly I ordered from England was packaged properly! That stuff is good.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting, I ordered 5 bricks from PSA and then 5 from Norma. In both the bricks were individually wrapped in stretch wrap, paper padding inside so they didn’t flop around. Packages arrived undamaged and taped heavy so the box couldn’t pop open. Not a single dent on anything inside. Will say I have had some really beat to sh*t packages from Amazon, but that has not been my experience with PSA or Norma.

Swifty
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.