Home
Posted By: Tarkio Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/27/22
Got the boy a rifle for Christmas. He decided he wanted a rimfire that he could shoot more and take to college with him next year.

He ended up buying a Bergara bmr I believe is the model. Has a carbon fiber wrapped barrel.

What's the story on these?

Any good?

Any problems in the weeds with them?
Posted By: DCR48 Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/28/22
I have the carbon barreled one and like it alot. When available buy extra magazines.
Posted By: DeWman Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/28/22
Had the steel version a couple years now. My other factory rimfires can’t touch it. Get yourself more mags.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/28/22
BMR steel barrel here. Very nice gun. Probably not as nice as an Anschutz or Vudoo but for the money? Great gun.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/30/22
I have BMR carbon barrel. My only complaint is the chamber being very tight with some ammo. Hard to close bolt. It always shot great though. Accurate. Today I’d bought some match and subsonic Norma ammo and it chambered and closed bolt with ease and damn did it shoot well! Very well. Put 25 rounds that could be covered with a quarter, most with a nickel at 50 yards. It was pretty windy too today. I really like that rifle. I have a Kimber and a Ruger…I pick up the BMR 90% of the time.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I have BMR carbon barrel. My only complaint is the chamber being very tight with some ammo. Hard to close bolt. It always shot great though. Accurate. Today I’d bought some match and subsonic Norma ammo and it chambered and closed bolt with ease and damn did it shoot well! Very well. Put 25 rounds that could be covered with a quarter, most with a nickel at 50 yards. It was pretty windy too today. I really like that rifle. I have a Kimber and a Ruger…I pick up the BMR 90% of the time.

What do you have on it for a scope?
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
BMR steel barrel here. Very nice gun. Probably not as nice as an Anschutz or Vudoo but for the money? Great gun.

What glass are you running?
Originally Posted by DCR48
I have the carbon barreled one and like it alot. When available buy extra magazines.

What scope are you using?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I’m running a vortex Diamondback 3-12x42 with side focus. It’s a decent scope for the money. It tracks well and is pretty clear.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

What glass are you running?
SWFA 3-9
https://imgur.com/a/y4F3B2C
Posted By: boatammo Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 01/03/23
I have a carbon wrapped barrel 17 HMR. Shoots very well. MT Gopher rifle,Don't care if it gets bounced around a bit shooting out the window. Yes I would buy again I was very pleased with how well it shot.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 01/07/23
Steel barrel BMR, picked up before Thanksgiving. Athlon Talos 3-12X40 mil dot scope picked up off SWFA sample list.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Some various ammunition I have on hand to try at 10 shots 25 yards. The rifle seems to like Aquila SV ammo the best so far.

25 rounds at 50 yds with Aguila ammo.

Got some new ammo to try the other day.

Posted By: d500lnn Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 01/09/23
Taylor, I got similar results of your Aquila ammo with that Tac22, Tac22 sub and the match. It’s shoots the norma ammo better than anything else I’ve tried. I ordered more even after the sale. I’m shooting the carbon BMR….I’m really pleased with it!
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: Bergara BMR Quality? - 01/29/23
I just picked up a BMR steel and I’m pretty impressed, which isn’t easy as I grew up with 54 action Anschutz rifles. Waiting on scope rings and scopes to arrive now to figure out what to run on it. Bought the stuff to do the trigger mod on it, but honestly I don’t think it needs it.
© 24hourcampfire