Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Got the boy a rifle for Christmas. He decided he wanted a rimfire that he could shoot more and take to college with him next year.

He ended up buying a Bergara bmr I believe is the model. Has a carbon fiber wrapped barrel.

What's the story on these?

Any good?

Any problems in the weeds with them?

Montana MOFO
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the carbon barreled one and like it alot. When available buy extra magazines.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Had the steel version a couple years now. My other factory rimfires can’t touch it. Get yourself more mags.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
BMR steel barrel here. Very nice gun. Probably not as nice as an Anschutz or Vudoo but for the money? Great gun.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have BMR carbon barrel. My only complaint is the chamber being very tight with some ammo. Hard to close bolt. It always shot great though. Accurate. Today I’d bought some match and subsonic Norma ammo and it chambered and closed bolt with ease and damn did it shoot well! Very well. Put 25 rounds that could be covered with a quarter, most with a nickel at 50 yards. It was pretty windy too today. I really like that rifle. I have a Kimber and a Ruger…I pick up the BMR 90% of the time.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B2

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I have BMR carbon barrel. My only complaint is the chamber being very tight with some ammo. Hard to close bolt. It always shot great though. Accurate. Today I’d bought some match and subsonic Norma ammo and it chambered and closed bolt with ease and damn did it shoot well! Very well. Put 25 rounds that could be covered with a quarter, most with a nickel at 50 yards. It was pretty windy too today. I really like that rifle. I have a Kimber and a Ruger…I pick up the BMR 90% of the time.

What do you have on it for a scope?

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
BMR steel barrel here. Very nice gun. Probably not as nice as an Anschutz or Vudoo but for the money? Great gun.

What glass are you running?

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DCR48
I have the carbon barreled one and like it alot. When available buy extra magazines.

What scope are you using?

Montana MOFO
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I’m running a vortex Diamondback 3-12x42 with side focus. It’s a decent scope for the money. It tracks well and is pretty clear.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

What glass are you running?
SWFA 3-9

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a carbon wrapped barrel 17 HMR. Shoots very well. MT Gopher rifle,Don't care if it gets bounced around a bit shooting out the window. Yes I would buy again I was very pleased with how well it shot.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Steel barrel BMR, picked up before Thanksgiving. Athlon Talos 3-12X40 mil dot scope picked up off SWFA sample list.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Some various ammunition I have on hand to try at 10 shots 25 yards. The rifle seems to like Aquila SV ammo the best so far.

25 rounds at 50 yds with Aguila ammo.

Got some new ammo to try the other day.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Taylor, I got similar results of your Aquila ammo with that Tac22, Tac22 sub and the match. It’s shoots the norma ammo better than anything else I’ve tried. I ordered more even after the sale. I’m shooting the carbon BMR….I’m really pleased with it!

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just picked up a BMR steel and I’m pretty impressed, which isn’t easy as I grew up with 54 action Anschutz rifles. Waiting on scope rings and scopes to arrive now to figure out what to run on it. Bought the stuff to do the trigger mod on it, but honestly I don’t think it needs it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,656
Posts18,474,665
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.