Home
Price includes shipping...

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/27979
Posted By: ihookem Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/20/14
Thanks Wildhobbyboby. I see you made it through the winter.
Pretty steep. I just purchased 500 rounds of Winchester High Velocity hollow points for 25.99 at Cabelas.
Posted By: jbuck Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/20/14
Not too bad for sk. Just not cheap plinking ammo is all.
They also have the Armscor HP ammo that is $5.00 cheaper.... I've used it before on prairie dogs.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/27935
Pretty expensive stuff. I just bought CCI SV on line for $112 for 1,000 rounds including shipping and SV is really good stuff.
But glad to see they increased their prices as people who can't find ammo at least have a decent choice and its in stock:)
Well, we used to get SK stnd plus for about $4.50/50 about 2 yrs ago, so that is an increase of about 27%. So, everyone is laughing all the way to the bank.....except the shooters! Seems like all the ammo is wiped out within 2-3 hrs @ .10-.11/rnd. and folks seem happy to get it. Will $40-$50/bk be the new plinking standard???
These are goin fast at .08 a round. Limit 1000 .22LR
Posted By: jbuck Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
I think that the market will saturate eventually. The non-shooter hoarders will eventually be phased out. I'm sure it will take longer then anticipated because this was a huge eye opener for the a large percentage of the shooting public. We realized that we had no idea what a sufficient stock pile is and we all will be rectifying that as we move forward. I can tell you that I did not have enough ammo put away. I had to slow down shooting and switch calibers. I will be adding about 10k rounds, over what i had, of plinking ammo as soon as I get a chance to buy some at plinking ammo prices.
Posted By: jbuck Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
Originally Posted by Thumper358
Well, we used to get SK stnd plus for about $4.50/50 about 2 yrs ago, so that is an increase of about 27%. So, everyone is laughing all the way to the bank.....except the shooters! Seems like all the ammo is wiped out within 2-3 hrs @ .10-.11/rnd. and folks seem happy to get it. Will $40-$50/bk be the new plinking standard???

Grafs still has that sk in stock for over 24hrs at $0.11/rd which I think is a good sign.
Just ordered some.
Posted By: Seafire Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
Definitely not paying those prices...my 22s can keep sitting and collecting dust at those prices...
Posted By: GeoW Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
The SK is the exact same ammo as Wolf Target.. and that's been the price of it for a while.
Posted By: HE112 Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
jbuck...you said it well, I am now seeing .22 ammo on the shelves at various gun shops and the prices are coming down. Been thinking of what I will carry in the future, this has been so bad in getting ammo that I will continue to use my other calibers, especially my airguns more than I used to. Will keep a larger inventory of .22's in stock compared to what I had previously done.

Eventually there will be another mass shooting and a Democrat in the White House to start all of this hoarding again down the road.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Pretty expensive stuff. I just bought CCI SV on line for $112 for 1,000 rounds including shipping and SV is really good stuff.
But glad to see they increased their prices as people who can't find ammo at least have a decent choice and its in stock:)

The S&K is the same as Wolf. "Better" stuff than CCI SV.

I haven't seen this "magazine" S&K before. If it's the same as Wolf MT, $55 per brick is pre-panic pricing. I've got a suspicion its a grade lower than MT, though, because the price includes shipping. that would actually be a GREAT deal on Wolf MT ammo.

Edit: looks like this IS the equivalent of Wolf MT. That's actually a very good deal, I was paying $50-55 a brick for Wolf MT, BEFORE shipping, prior to the panic
S&K is made by Lapua. It should be good stuff.
Posted By: Talf Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

The S&K is the same as Wolf. "Better" stuff than CCI SV.

I haven't seen this "magazine" S&K before. If it's the same as Wolf MT, $55 per brick is pre-panic pricing. I've got a suspicion its a grade lower than MT, though, because the price includes shipping. that would actually be a GREAT deal on Wolf MT ammo.

Edit: looks like this IS the equivalent of Wolf MT. That's actually a very good deal, I was paying $50-55 a brick for Wolf MT, BEFORE shipping, prior to the panic

FYI regarding the grading of lapua ammunition

THIS is SK/wolf but magazine is yet a level lower than standard+/wolf match
Lapua test fires 50 rounds of each lot produced initially to grade the ammo.

The lots that pass the first 50 rounds accuracy specs move on and they test fire another 50 rounds out of another test rifle..

IF it passes BOTH tests; you then have wolf match extra/sk rifle match

The stuff that passes the FIRST test only is SK Standard +/wolf match

The stuff that doesn't pass the first test is Magazine..

Posted By: woodson Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/21/14
Thanks for the break down.
SK magazine maybe close to wolf but not exactly it has a much more "oily" lube it maybe be the same as the the old Lapua in a can. The lube can greatly affect how well a rifle likes a certain ammo. I'm on my 3rd case of magazine. Guess god only knows how many rounds of wolf and SK I have shot they are all close but yet a bit different. Many , most of the time it takes one very , very good accurate .22 to tell much difference in theses ammo's
thanks for heads up, got the S&K match rolling but with sticker shock! I think its the same as Wolf MT? I started out buying Wolf MT at 2.75 / box when my Federal GM match UM1 ran out. Last 3 bricks of wolf were 50 a brick and I pissed and moaned,now we are to feel lucky at 90 a brick with a 2 brick max! My win 52C's love the wolf, Fed auto match shoots like a house afire for 5 rounds after using wolf... something to that cow tallow and hog lard! Geeze very best WinPoor
Well the 'magazine' S&K did not last long, if it is truely Wolf MT minus a cut I want to try it, my Win 52's absolutely love Wolf MT, heck I have outshot the match extra with match target several times, I guess it depends on lot and speed..I wish to heavens I had bought a case back when I started out at 2.75 a box!!! shoulda ,coulda ,woulda story of my life... My only saving grace is that cattle prices are the highest I have seen in my 60 yr lifetime. LOL very best WinPoor
Posted By: Talf Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 05/27/14
couldn't locate the actual response from wolf the other day but have finally. this is direct from Wolf RE: grading of SK/Wolf ammo.

"They are essentially the same cartridge, except that our Match Extra
contains lot numbers that have all been tested and shown to shoot the most
accurate, where as the Match Target contains lot numbers that may or may not
have been tested, so there's a chance they may not be as accurate.

The factory is tight lipped on the selection process, but we'll give you
what we know.

The .22 ammo is made in lots of 50,000. From the lot ammo 50 rounds are
fired and the 50 round group is recorded including all flyers. If that lot
passes their desired grouping (this is unknown to us) it then goes to be
tested into another weapon. If it passes the 2nd grouping requirements then
it is Match Extra.

If the ammo fails the first step it is not Match Target but rather something
called "Magazine" the loose packed ammo. All ammo has to pass the first
grouping to be called Match Target. If the ammo passes the first grouping
but does not meet the 2nd grouping requirements then it is Match Target.

So for competition I would go with our Match Extra. For recreational
shooting Match Target will work just fine. I hope this helps explain the
differences."

Sincerely,

WOLF Ammunition"
Ramblings regarding SK Standard, Wolf Match Target, Wolf Match Extra and Wolf Match Gold:

SK Standard has long been touted by many shooters as the same ammunition as Wolf MT, some of this speculation was based on it having the same stamp on the rim which only indicated it was probably from the same factory. Also it has been awhile since I've seen it (I only saw it online never in person) but Wolf used to have Wolf Match Gold... I always wanted to try some but when Wolf was pretty affordable and around $3.00/box Wolf Match Gold was around $10/box so unfortunately I never tried it.

About 5 - 6 years ago i bought a couple of bricks of SK Standard locally, it never shot well as well as Wolf MT (in several guns). About 8 or so years ago at a gunshow i bought 3 bricks of Wolf Match Extra, was very excited to see how it shot... but again It would not shoot anywhere near as well as Wolf MT (again in several guns, shooting was 50 yards off a bench), I ended up using it for practice ammo. In both cases it may have just been the lot? I have a couple of bricks of Wolf MT left which I save for matches and the sight check before a match, hopefully this nonsense is over by the time I run out!

YMMV,

Jerry
As far as Wolf goes the match target always shot better for me than the extra , yes I know extra was SUPPOSED to be better ammo
In praise of Grafs ! I have used them twice lately, dog gone if they have the fastest shipping and best CS of any folks I have used in a long time, my bricks of SK rifle match came in, Im gonna do a side by side test with it vs my known lot of Wolf MT in all 3 of my Win 52C s'and will post results... I can tell you the SK is greasy as hog lard even in the house with AC set on 71! very best WinPoor
Posted By: MCT3 Re: .22 Ammo in Stock at Grafs - 06/01/14
Originally Posted by ldholton
As far as Wolf goes the match target always shot better for me than the extra , yes I know extra was SUPPOSED to be better ammo

My experience has been the same. I recently tested Wolf MT vs Wolf ME vs Lapua Midas + in one of my rimfires at 50 yds and my lot of Wolf MT was consistently the best.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire