Home
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/03/19
Anyone try one? Is it worth it? If you have, any particular tip style preferred for rabbit/squirrel hunting?
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/03/19
Tag tag tag. I've been wondering as well.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/03/19
I have one I bought many years ago. I use it to hollow point CB long bullets for squirrels in my back yard. It works fine. It is slow to use but I only make 10-20 at a time so it works for me.
Posted By: jpb Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/03/19
I have a Paco tool with an assortment of punches to give different nose shapes: wadcutter, cup point, small hollow point, big hollowpoint, big gaping hollowpoint... I haven't even used all the punches I bought, and I also forget what the maker calls'em! :-)

[Linked Image]

The modified ammo is more accurate than the ammo I started with (I've only tried it in one rifle though: an old BRNO I've had for more than 4 decades).

The punch that makes a flatnose with a slight concavity is the one I like best. A lot more barn pigeons fall straight down dead with this bullet than with a normal roundnose which had some fly off, then drop out of the sky later.

[Linked Image]

This reformed bullet even sounds different when it hits a pigeon, rabbit, or wet newspapers, compared to a normal roundnose it is a louder "whack" when it hits. eek grin

Mine is an old model, but I see from the web page that he now makes a tool which can do 4 cartridges at once to speed things up. Looks cool!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

See more at Classic Tool or LINK to new models

Paco was a pleasure to deal with too. Some of the pictures I posted above are from his older web sites, but I think THIS is his most recent page.

John
Cool!!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
I wonder if they work with 22 long...
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/pdfs/resizing-project.pdf

The above link will give you all you need to know. Happy reading.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
Tag
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
I use the Hannedline 22lr die that allows you to file a meplat semi wad cutter profile on the nose of the bullet. It Is a nice upgrade for the LR. making it noticeably more effective on big critters. It is worth while mod. The hanned line company is out of business I would love to have one of their 22 mag dies.
Posted By: lanenebraska Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
I had the Paco one, and sold it. I ended up with this one, Waltz 22 resizing die.

Waltz
Posted By: sagerat22 Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
I have both, in my opinion the Waltz die is a far better product.
Posted By: jpb Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/04/19
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I use the Hannedline 22lr die that allows you to file a meplat semi wad cutter profile on the nose of the bullet. It Is a nice upgrade for the LR. making it noticeably more effective on big critters. It is worth while mod. The hanned line company is out of business I would love to have one of their 22 mag dies.

I have one of those Hanned Line filing tools too and the re-profiled bullets really penetrated well, and the flat point did drop barn pigeons well!

In my rifle,ammo shot the same before and after the Hanned Line modification. The same 4 or 5 brands of ammo shot better after being reshaped in the Paco tool (presumably because the bullets were now a littler larger diameter?).

John
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/06/19
Great info! Thanks everyone
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/08/19
Waltz - all the way , don't expect a lot of banter with the man - just tell him you're sending the money for one of his 22lr bullet dies - he might not even reply . Just send the money and a great die will show up within a month or two .
Juug in as big a hollow point as you like and sometimes better accuracy to boot .
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/08/19

I checked on both tools and came to the conclusion that the Watlz is the way to go. I called him and am satisfied his die is the best solution. The idea of hammering on the base of a cartridge doesn’t sound like the option I would prefer.

I will know in a couple weeks...
Posted By: Cinch Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/13/19
I also use the Waltz die... it makes some awesome hollow points...
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/14/19
Thanks, I’ll check out the waltz
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/18/19
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I checked on both tools and came to the conclusion that the Watlz is the way to go. I called him and am satisfied his die is the best solution. The idea of hammering on the base of a cartridge doesn’t sound like the option I would prefer.

shrapnel, may I ask how you contacted Mr Waltz and price of resizing die. I admit I'm poster child of being slow to find anything on internet, but I'm having hard time finding this information on internet. I would really like to try one of his dies also and don't care for hammering on rimfire ammo either.

Chuck
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/18/19
I've been intrigued by this concept and am wondering why it improves accuracy. Is it some magic derived from the hollow cavity or is it because that in the course of swaging the tip you are also expanding the nose of the bullet a tad thus making it more of a bore-riding design. In the world of cast bullets in rifles a long-ish nose that firmly rides on top of the lands- the bore- is more accurate than a bullet whose nose doesn't and relies solely on the base of the bullet to engage the rifling. I'm wondering if that's the case here?
Posted By: Cinch Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/18/19
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

shrapnel, may I ask how you contacted Mr Waltz and price of resizing die. I admit I'm poster child of being slow to find anything on internet, but I'm having hard time finding this information on internet. I would really like to try one of his dies also and don't care for hammering on rimfire ammo either.

Chuck

[email protected]

$130 plus $15 shipping is what mine cost in 2016...
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/18/19
Originally Posted by Cinch

Chuck

[email protected]

Cinch, greatly appreciate the information. I have sent Mr Waltz an email and have already received reply back.
Thank you, Chuck.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Paco Kelly accurizr - 02/18/19
Originally Posted by Cinch

Chuck

[email protected]

Cinch, greatly appreciate the information. I have sent Mr Waltz an email and have already received reply back.
Thank you, Chuck.

Not a problem...
© 24hourcampfire