Home
Posted By: coyote268 Least noisey side by side - 07/13/17
I have a 06 Rhino and love it but even with a so called quiet muffler it will wake the dead. What is every ones opinion which one is the quietest. I know the electric ones run pretty silent but I'm asking about the gas models. Have a bet with a friend so your opinion will count.
My old model Polaris Ranger 500 is pretty dadgum quite. Our new 900 cc double seat Ranger is not near as quite.
I know my 700 Pioneer is much quieter than a 700 Ranger.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/14/17
Bad Boy Buggies, or one of the other electric UTVs from Polaris, Honda, etc.
my 12 rzr 800 seems mighty noisy but i dont have much to compare it to
Posted By: JPro Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/15/17
96-03 Tacoma 4cyl single cab with 32" swampers or bias-ply buckshots. Very quiet....
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/15/17
Originally Posted by JPro
96-03 Tacoma 4cyl single cab with 32" swampers or bias-ply buckshots. Very quiet....

yept........even the V6 ext cab is purty quiet..........

and go where ya point it.........
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/15/17
Originally Posted by coyote268
I have a 06 Rhino and love it but even with a so called quiet muffler it will wake the dead. What is every ones opinion which one is the quietest. I know the electric ones run pretty silent but I'm asking about the gas models. Have a bet with a friend so your opinion will count.

You made a bet based on opinions from the Campfire? How do you decide a 12 way tie if you get as many as 8 responses?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/15/17
The new Polaris 1000 ranger is surprisingly quiet compared to my 450 Rhino. Polaris did a good job with this one.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/15/17
We were moving cows today and a buddy was using a pretty new Ranger 1000.

He said it is an oil burning son of a bitch. And he wasn't lying.

Couple hours into the move and it 'shutdown'. He caught a ride back to the ranch shop and got some oil for it.

Probably a rare deal with that particular engine but.....
I'm a little leary of the newer Polaris as I've heard they only have a 6 month warranty period. A friend of mine has an older 6wd and it is an unstoppable machine. He is a little crazy for his age (82) but puts that machine places that a mountain goat wouldn't or couldn't go. Gets a little scary
Posted By: DoubleCK Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/16/17
This one was born pretty quiet. The addition of the Benz Silencer (you can see it in the picture) hushed it some more. 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 on the Sonoran Desert.

[Linked Image]
My Gator is pretty quiet
Posted By: battue Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/17/17
Your Rhino is loud, but it will still be going when the others are dead quiet.

Addition: Curosity got me looking and today the users rate the new Honda as the most durable. Saw one not that long ago and I thought it was pretty quiet also.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/18/17
The new Honda's are indeed reliable and can take more abuse than 99% of users will ever throw at it.

Real world usage from a couple guys who thrash on stuff.

From what I've heard the Ranger can't hang when it comes to constant abuse.

I move cows on a Grizzly 700, save the Ranger for easy work.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/18/17
I've got a Yamaha Wolverine R-spec SE SxS and it's pretty quiet.
Originally Posted by battue

Addition: Curosity got me looking and today the users rate the new Honda as the most durable. Saw one not that long ago and I thought it was pretty quiet also.
Yeah, the Rhino is pretty loud inside the cab and there's really no way to quiet it down. They make a dust cover for them that's supposed to keep out the dust and reduce cab noise but mine only does the former.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/20/17
Just rolled over 900 hours on our gator. It is quite enough to carry on a conversation. Ours is gasoline and a friend has a diesel that is about the same.
Have a 2016 Yamaha Viking VI. Put a Silent Rider on it. Pretty darn quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edgSH7qzR70
Posted By: duckster Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/21/17
Our new Polaris 1000 is quite a bit quieter than the 500 Ranger that it replaced. When we were looking, I thought that the Kaw. Mule Pro was the quietest. FWIW
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Least noisey side by side - 07/21/17

Originally Posted by coyote268

Not sure which gun is an 06 Rhino, but my bet is that a .410 or 28 gauge would be the least noisy side by side...
He's referring to the side by side that has an 8,400,000 grain projectile. Velocity is minimal but the impact is fierce.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Least noisey side by side - 08/14/17
Oh, an ATV!

When did they ever get to the point of using firearms nomenclature (names for those of you in Rio Linda)?

Is there also a break action?

A bolt action?

How about a pump ATV?

Just kidding...I knew what he meant. Just having a little fun.
Is there also a break action?
The action on an atv breaks all too often, usually at inopportune places.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Least noisey side by side - 08/28/17
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I've got a Yamaha Wolverine R-spec SE SxS and it's pretty quiet.

I had to come back to this post. I should have said "BUT it could be quieter"
Posted By: hanco Re: Least noisey side by side - 09/03/17
My Polaris 700 is quiet
Posted By: duckster Re: Least noisey side by side - 09/19/17
We have both a Polaris 900 and Polaris 1000 and they are both pretty quiet, much more so than the 500 Ranger that we sold
The Polaris XP 1000 is one of the quietest I have used .
Posted By: Raeford Re: Least noisey side by side - 09/27/17
Originally Posted by battue

Yep[Rhino], they were way out front back in the early 2000's.
Never thought of my 06 660 as really loud though. Seems about the same as my old 300 4trax.
© 24hourcampfire