Home
Has anybody heard anything about if Barrett might continue the Fieldcraft line?
I heard they are coming back with a few improvements. They are working on the long action to increase coal. We will finally see a 223, a 22 creed, a 280 AI, and even a new mag face bolt chambered for the 6.5 PRC. Safety is being updated to a proprietary system that locks the bolt. Stock is being re-designed to be somewhat slimmer. A left hand version will be available and will be introduced at the same time as the right. New MSRP is reported to be $1299; launch date slated for 04/01/22.
I guess since the current President is in power the military contracts are drying up?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I heard they are coming back with a few improvements. They are working on the long action to increase coal. We will finally see a 223, a 22 creed, a 280 AI, and even a new mag face bolt chambered for the 6.5 PRC. Safety is being updated to a proprietary system that locks the bolt. Stock is being re-designed to be somewhat slimmer. A left hand version will be available and will be introduced at the same time as the right. New MSRP is reported to be $1299; launch date slated for 04/01/22.

A year ? Yowsa

That’s awesome news. If it’s true. You do realize it’s not April 1st, right?? wink

Are you able to share a link or source?
LOL @ the ‘release date’...

You be pullin my leg mister?
This feels like a joke, especially the left hand part which is just cruel
Yeah that’s Fugkin April’s Fool 😂

Joe, that's all good to know and encouraging. Hopefully they'll see fit to offer the no.2 24" barrel as a standard option.

Edit: damn I’m gullible.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Yeah that’s Fugkin April’s Fool 😂

Yeah, love the $1300 price, especially with all the improvements
oh man that was good
Originally Posted by Brad

LoL. I too was victimized. Thanks for not leaving me to suffer alone. 😁
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by Brad

LoL. I too was victimized...

LOL. You're welcome. grin
I'll take it! PM sent.

Ha! Excellent response...I love the "launch date"..😂😂.....Hb
I just sent them 3 checks. I am super excited about this.
......They are working on the long action to increase coal.....

I started grinning as soon as I read the above. AKwolverine has been newly hired by Barrett as the CH&D (Crushed Hopes and Dreams) Executive.
I have an excuse. As soon as I read that the bolt would lock down, my thinking became consumed with thoughts about which chambering I should buy first.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
***You are ignoring this loser***

😋
Originally Posted by CP
I have an excuse. As soon as I read that the bolt would lock down, my thinking became consumed with thoughts about which chambering I should buy first.

Yeah. Between that and the promise of LH models, I lost my cool. Most normal hoaxsters aren't smooth enough to slip that one in there. Haha.
I just about ran to Gunbroker to list mine at $2500. Thinking I'd buy two when the new ones came out, Haha!
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I started grinning as soon as I read the above. AKwolverine has been newly hired by Barrett as the CH&D (Crushed Hopes and Dreams) Executive.

This is the one I was concerned about being a bit of a “stretch”. grin
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

This is the one I was concerned about being a bit of a “stretch”. grin

That’s just mean whistle
A #2 barrel at 24 inches makes a deal for me..
Having just purchased one in 6.5 CM on Wednesday, I laughed at the expected retail price of $1299. Since I have one of every other Melvin Forbes "influenced" rifles (ULA, NULA, Forbes, Colt Light Rifle) I figured I should round out the group with a Barrett. I read on here that they were stopping/suspending production and a couple of days later I saw this one at Sportsman Warehouse and I got to thinking about it. Came back a week later and it was still there - I bought it. I have no plans to shoot it, at least for awhile as I have several other projects underway.
Just heard from Kalispell that Kimber Manufacturing has purchased the rights to the Fieldcraft product line. They'll be producing "Fieldcraftform" stocks to fit Kimber Hunters and Remington 700 ADLs, with required internal magazine box, spring and followers when necessary. The MSRP will be $325. Comes out in about a month from now.
I don’t think Kimber could get a wet dream from conception to market in one month. Even if it did occur on April 1!
Originally Posted by logger
Having just purchased one in 6.5 CM on Wednesday, I laughed at the expected retail price of $1299. Since I have one of every other Melvin Forbes "influenced" rifles (ULA, NULA, Forbes, Colt Light Rifle) I figured I should round out the group with a Barrett. I read on here that they were stopping/suspending production and a couple of days later I saw this one at Sportsman Warehouse and I got to thinking about it. Came back a week later and it was still there - I bought it. I have no plans to shoot it, at least for awhile as I have several other projects underway.

So your the one than ran off with it...... That is if it was the Medford store.....
Limited Edition 6.5 Creedmoor Burnt Bronze Cerakote ManBun edition coming December 2022
Originally Posted by Blacktail53

So your the one than ran off with it...... That is if it was the Medford store.....

Roseburg - but I did check Medford on the 17th and they had nothing.
Originally Posted by Blacktail53

Roseburg - but I did check Medford on the 17th and they had nothing.

Medford had one for quite a while. 24” 6.5 CM.
I left my finger prints all over it, but kept my cash in my pocket....... they are exceptional.

🖕🏻
Originally Posted by 117LBS

🖕🏻

Double turds.
Originally Posted by tkinak
I just about ran to Gunbroker to list mine at $2500. Thinking I'd buy two when the new ones came out, Haha!

You too? I could’ve sold the 6.5 CM I bought from Brad.

That was just plain cruel!!
You had me going though.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I'll take it!

I would too!

I don’t think they could keep up with demand OR quality at that price, however. frown
LGS has a NIB Fieldcraft in 224 Valkyrie.......tempted but I have several predator rifles now.
Originally Posted by VernAK
LGS has a NIB Fieldcraft in 224 Valkyrie.......tempted but I have several predator rifles now.

Didn’t know they ever actually made it into general circulation. That’s pretty cool.
Probably not in general circulation.
Originally Posted by 117LBS

🖕🏻

Yeaaaah, someone needs a kick in the jimmy. laugh laugh
7mm Express Creedmoor Coming in 2024
Now how about a dose of reality? I actually called Barrett about a month ago and asked about future Fieldcraft production. I was told that the company was going to review production of their full line of consumer (a.i. non-military) products to see if they had the capacity to shift away from AR-15 style rifles to Fieldcraft. The decision would be based completely on how well the AR platforms were selling at that point in time. The implication was that if things continue to sell at the current pace, the re-commencement of Fieldcraft production would be pushed further into the future. However, he was adamant that Barrett would, at some point, resume production of their hunting rifles.

RS
I have to respect Barrett for their position on this. They are smart to keep production at a level with which they can assure proper QC. Ruger on the other hand will happily increase their production, QC be damned.
I don’t think Kimber could get a wet dream from conception to market in one month. Even if it did occur on April 1!

Amen!
I sure hope brass is available a year from now when the 280 comes out.
I sure hope brass is available a year from now when the 280 comes out.

Uh huh...... whistle

I started grinning as soon as I read the above. AKwolverine has been newly hired by Barrett as the CH&D (Crushed Hopes and Dreams) Executive
That’s some awesome stuff, gentlemen!
😂😂
© 24hourcampfire