Home
A little while back I whined about range-owned chrony's getting shot on a regular basis such that the range quit loaning them out to members.

Now, I discovered all the sandbags used on the benches front rests have been removed.

Why? Because the newb's don't know better than to place the birdcage and muzzle brakes directly on the bags, thus blowing holes in the bags. Jeezus.

The range now hands bags out during public hours at $5 a bag. You blow a hole in it, you just bought it for $5.

Me? Since I'm only there during non-public hours I had to make up my own bags and now cart them around as well.

Feelin' sorry for me yet?
I've been to more than one public range on the west side of the Cascades. I see how that would happen.
Originally Posted by Puddle
A little while back I whined about range-owned chrony's getting shot on a regular basis such that the range quit loaning them out to members.

Now, I discovered all the sandbags used on the benches front rests have been removed.

Why? Because the newb's don't know better than to place the birdcage and muzzle brakes directly on the bags, thus blowing holes in the bags. Jeezus.

The range now hands bags out during public hours at $5 a bag. You blow a hole in it, you just bought it for $5.

Me? Since I'm only there during non-public hours I had to make up my own bags and now cart them around as well.

Feelin' sorry for me yet?

Buy a front rest. A range shouldn't supply bags anyway. I see the same thing at the new range I go to now. Many of the pos have holes in them and leak sand on the fn table/bench..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Also, my club in Washington does not supply sand bags, as the same thing was happening and they said screw that, bring your own bags. Easy enough fix. No supplied sand bags here either:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have never even heard of a range supplying bags, I have always owned my own.....Hb
I've yet to shoot at a range that didn't have sandbags.

Must be a wet side WA thing ...
© 24hourcampfire