Home
Posted By: David_Walter TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/15/22
Anyone using these?

Seems the OAL in the CTR is perfect for long bullets.
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/15/22
Not a CTR, but the 20" 1:8 compact T3 version. Shoots both 40gr varmint and 69gr SMK at .5"
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Anyone using these?

Beretzs has one, I believe. I think he said he loves it, and he's not really a Tikka fan boy. I have 2 CTR's, but not in the 223 rem. That one would be damn fun to play around with. I do like the CTR mags though, good stuff for sure. The standard plastic magazines for the lite and superlite are no comparison..
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
I have one in 223 but, embarrassingly, haven't had it out yet. I'll break it in next month when I'm home.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Anyone using these?

A few people are and you are correct about the oal. I have the regular 223 but I put it in a ctr stock because I like it and for the ctr magazine. Works well.
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
I’ve got one. Love the little rifle. Easy to shoot, feeds from the mag slick as heck and just doesn’t seem fussy with anything I’ve shot in it. Mostly gets 77 TMK’s and LVR though. Next best thing in my book to a great 22LR for plain old fun shooting.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Posted By: Big Stick Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
Throat geometry,RPM and COAL jive nicely,which is a 223 rarity. Any/all boolits it will stabilize,will sip from the magfed Smooches. 75 ELD-M's for me. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Being double stacked at 10rds,don't suck either. Hint.

You could do much worse. Hint................
Posted By: boatanchor Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
I know some will disagree but Fhuqk the Tikka's......my last one I should have sent back but didn't my bad......

A Ruger predator 223, then buy the AICS mag well for $26 from Ruger and a Timney trigger makes a night and day better rifle
Posted By: Big Stick Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
buttcancer,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

AICS is no thang on a Teeker and now you can say you've "seen" one,which makes this a VERY Big Day for you. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’ve got one. Love the little rifle. Easy to shoot, feeds from the mag slick as heck and just doesn’t seem fussy with anything I’ve shot in it. Mostly gets 77 TMK’s and LVR though. Next best thing in my book to a great 22LR for plain old fun shooting.

Looking pretty good Scotty. How much load development did you do with the rifle? I was working with one of my CTR's today, but it got too damn windy. Great day to test the heavier 147's though:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One thing I have noticed is the slick 22 cal bullets sure do work well and are precise. I will use my 6.5 creedmoor CTRs as an example here. I bust my balzz trying to get 1" 3 shot groups at 400 with the 6.5, but the 22 cals lay them right in there, almost effortlessly. Even my most recent AR15 upper, slinging 69's. I keep saying I need to put a 223 rem CTR on the list of need to buy rifles. As soon as I come across the right one, I'm snagging it. It will be a 24" stainless model though. Fun is a good way to describe them though..
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/17/22
I haven't done any load work for it. I used the same ammo I use in my AR's, standard fare of 26-26.5 grains of LVR and a 77 TMK. I run them out by the 1000 on my Dillon, keeps logistics easy. I am sure it could shoot much better, but for what I want, I have no desire to mess around, I'd rather just grab handfuls of ammo and go shoot that gun, or the AR's. It's just one of the loads that shoots well in about any 223. Not super fast at around 2800 FPS, but good for either platform.
Posted By: Heeler Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/17/22
I want one in the 20" stainless version, but it's a WAG as to when Eurooptic will get any in. I signed up for notification over 6 months ago.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/17/22
I haven't done any load work for it. I used the same ammo I use in my AR's, standard fare of 26-26.5 grains of LVR and a 77 TMK. I run them out by the 1000 on my Dillon, keeps logistics easy. I am sure it could shoot much better, but for what I want, I have no desire to mess around, I'd rather just grab handfuls of ammo and go shoot that gun, or the AR's. It's just one of the loads that shoots well in about any 223. Not super fast at around 2800 FPS, but good for either platform.

Thanks for the answer. I only ask because that is not your typical group posting. Generally you have them dialed in a lot more than that. I agree on using loads you already have on hand though. It keeps things simple. I have some favorites I use as well that always shoot great in all of my AR's. That CTR will shoot much better than that, though, as you already know..
Hi folks. New here
Just bought one of these , Ctr 223
Does anyone have recommendations for decent scope rings
Scope is a athlon 2-12x42
Cheers, Matt
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/19/22
Originally Posted by lowplainsdrifter
Hi folks. New here
Cheers, Matt

Matt, I have the Athlon 4-20 on mine and went with a spare set of TPS rings which I think are mediums in height. A pile of great rings out there.
Posted By: pullit Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/19/22
I think I am using Badger Ord. on mine, but my CTR is in 260 (not that it matters)
Posted By: Big Stick Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/19/22
I've never heard of the rifle,chambering or scope. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: hanco Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/19/22
I have a Tikka 22-250, shoots 62 grain Bear claws really well. That not a long range bullet, but the kill pigs out to 300 yards real well. I caught two with one bullet, went through both at 230 yards. I took pics where the pigs where standing, Stand up the hill.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I've never heard of the rifle or the chambering. Hint.

You gals sure have some neat wares and REALLY "know" your stuff. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/19/22

I had one. Liked it, a lot…It didn’t matter what I fed it. It would boringly eat out one hole every time. Hope ‘Cinch’ is enjoying it.

I recently flipped a new CTR in 6.5 CM to a .47 Lapua. It’s another shooting marvel, even with a Bart tube.

🦫
Teeker Flip?!? Never heard of it. Hint.

What'sa' "Bart"?!? You guys and your lingo'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
You should have heard the moans, when I said a brand new Tikka barrel was gonna get murdered.

Lol

🦫

PS

Decoder Ring for Stick….Bart plus lein😝
I find a heartfelt High Pitched Nasal Whine,rather fhuqking soothin'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Stick, you know that Shaen guy? Did you hear that he’s moonlighting making jezus boots?

He sent me a picture of his handiwork.

Order fast. He’ll be outta stock in an hour.

Lol

🦫
Never heard of him,but he sent me that pic earlier today and I like the sling he built for me,to ride the 224 BR he built. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: Judman Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/20/22
Just wow.!! Haha

I’ll take ulu Kai for the win!!

😘
Thanks mate, haven’t heard of tps will check them out
Posted By: Big Stick Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/20/22
I've got/shot a "few" Makes/Models of rings and obviously including TPS. To their credit,they are very straight/concentric but their surface area is trite. That ain't a TPS slight,but I want (6) ring cap fasteners and the increase in surface area commensurate. Hint.

Ring spacing and ring surface area,are the two GREATEST Gifts of sanctity,you can give a scope. Such things rate a thunk,especially as there are no "concessions",in doing so. Hint...................
Posted By: Tyrone Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/20/22
Originally Posted by Fug Stick
I always like it when my fellow competitors show up with Trashlons. laugh
Posted By: Big Stick Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/20/22
Trybone,

I'll feign my GREAT "Surprise",that you stole that picture too,you Amazingly CLUELESS Brokedick Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Cameras are expensive,but fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Vicarious "Living" Woke Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: Wilfred Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/20/22
Would you mind sharing info on the lift table/platform you are using as a front rest?
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/23/22
Originally Posted by Beaver10
You should have heard the moans, when I said a brand new Tikka barrel was gonna get murdered.

Lol

🦫

PS

Decoder Ring for Stick….Bart plus lein😝

I kinda like what you did with the 6.5x47 on the CTR.. Crazy yes, but pretty cool. Feeds good outta the stock magazine?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/23/22
Shaen, did a fab job on the action and mag box to ensure it’s feeding reliability.

I’m impressed!

🦫
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/23/22
Shaen, did a fab job on the action and mag box to ensure it’s feeding reliability.

I’m impressed!

🦫

Nice. That kinda makes me wanna order one up for the helluva it. What Contour did you go with?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
2B with flutes.

🦫
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
2B with flutes.

🦫

That sounds mighty cool. I don’t particularly love Tikkas but man I like the CTR platform a lot and the X47 is a shooting mother.

I think you really have a cool set up. Any pictures of it set up?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
Hi folks. New here
Cheers, Matt

Matt, I have the Athlon 4-20 on mine and went with a spare set of TPS rings which I think are mediums in height. A pile of great rings out there.

Exactly. Many many options out there. I mainly use Nightforce and Burris XTR's. Weaver makes a tactical looking 6 screw that will work in a pinch, if on a budget
Posted By: Kaleb Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
2B with flutes.

🦫

That sounds mighty cool. I don’t particularly love Tikkas but man I like the CTR platform a lot and the X47 is a shooting mother.

I don’t have any experience with any x47’s but I sure like the ctr’s too. The stock works great for me. I have a real ctr 260 and a 223 I stuck in a ctr stock. I like both and I’m guessing the 2B will fall between the two. A 22 gt or creedmoor could be a pretty handy addition.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
2B with flutes.

🦫

I don’t have any experience with any x47’s but I sure like the ctr’s too. The stock works great for me. I have a real ctr 260 and a 223 I stuck in a ctr stock. I like both and I’m guessing the 2B will fall between the two. A 22 gt or creedmoor could be a pretty handy addition.

My first CTR was in 6.5 CM. It came out of the box a shooting masterpiece. I didn’t matter what I fed it. I thought I’d love this boringly accurate rifle more, if I flipped out the CTR stock with a custom KUIU painted stock from Grayboe. I didn’t gain anything, other than a cool pattern, if you like KUIU.

This time around, rechambering my 6.5 CTR to 47 Lap, Shaen, who did the work, said the Tikka stocks on the CTR are solid furniture that I couldn’t wrap one around a tree if I tried.

🦫
2B with flutes.

🦫

My first CTR was in 6.5 CM. It came out of the box a shooting masterpiece. I didn’t matter what I fed it. I thought I’d love this boringly accurate rifle more, if I flipped out the CTR stock with a custom KUIU painted stock from Grayboe. I didn’t gain anything, other than a cool pattern, if you like KUIU.

This time around, rechambering my 6.5 CTR to 47 Lap, Shaen, who did the work, said the Tikka stocks on the CTR are solid furniture that I couldn’t wrap one around a tree if I tried.

🦫

I replaced alot of the plain old T3X stocks with McM's. Not because they weren't good, solid stocks, but for some reason they fit me like schidt. The CTR is very comfortable for me to get behind.. I'd easily do as you have done to put a Creed in the safe.
2B with flutes.

🦫

After I switched out the Sig Whiskey scope to a Zeiss V4 4-16x44….Mo Better! Lol

🦫
Scotty, you should build one. I have 200 rounds of new custom loaded ammo, I would send your way to get you running.

🦫
Hell yeah Beav, I dig that.. Those damn things are solid guns. Wished they'd do a 22 CM, they'd save me thousands from a custom.
2B with flutes.

🦫

🦫

I replaced alot of the plain old T3X stocks with McM's. Not because they weren't good, solid stocks, but for some reason they fit me like schidt. The CTR is very comfortable for me to get behind.. I'd easily do as you have done to put a Creed in the safe.

My only ‘gripe’ with the CTR stock is fit. For whatever reason, the LOP on them feels a smidge long for me when I quickly throw the rifle up to my shoulder.

Not a big deal, but for me it’s noticeable.

🦫
Hell yeah Beav, I dig that.. Those damn things are solid guns. Wished they'd do a 22 CM, they'd save me thousands from a custom.

Ha…You and everyone else.

Grins

🦫

I'll make you a good deal on my spare CTR.. ha ha.. I was thinking about turning it into a 6GT though. That is a sweet azzed cartridge.
Scotty, you should build one. I have 200 rounds of new custom loaded ammo, I would send your way to get you running.

🦫

That is mighty tempting.. I am beginning to fall. I think Hawk Hill is running .264 barrels right now. Might be able to get a barrel quick.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I'll make you a good deal on my spare CTR.. ha ha.. I was thinking about turning it into a 6GT though. That is a sweet azzed cartridge.

We might need to talk.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

We might need to talk.

You have my number buddy..
Posted By: Kaleb Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
Gotta love it when a plan comes together haha
2B with flutes.

🦫

After I switched out the Sig Whiskey scope to a Zeiss V4 4-16x44….Mo Better! Lol

🦫

That rifle looks great!
Thanks!

🦫
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/24/22
It really does look great.

Sorry about the boat comment.

😂🖍🦆
Thanks!

🦫

Yep. I'll bet it shoots great too. I've heard Shaen does some good work. You guys are right about the CTR stock. While not a Mcmillan, an absolutely great stock for what it is. Mine needed glass bedding work and a new stainless recoil lug after 300 rounds downrange, but that was a very easy fix. Something that not everyone may need, but if you like consistency in your groups, it sure doesn't hurt.. The rifle I offered to Scotty is a good shooter, but I prefer my first CTR. I think I'm biased toward the first one. The second one doesn't do too bad though:

Eventually I'll run across just the right .223 rem CTR and buy it. In that time if Tikka comes out with a 22 creedmoor or fast twist 22-250 in a CTR, I'd be on board with that for sure. What I've seen with the little .22 cal bullets has really surprised me at 400-600 yards. I can see where you guys are probably having a blast with your .223 rem CTR's. If this can be done with an AR:

.........I'd expect better from a CTR...
Thanks beretzs, big stick and bsa1917hunter for the replies,
I got some nightforce ultralight low rings 6 screws
Cheers
Posted By: beretzs Re: TIKKA 223/5.56 CTR - 08/26/22
Thanks beretzs, big stick and bsa1917hunter for the replies,
I got some nightforce ultralight low rings 6 screws
Cheers

Those will definitely work!
© 24hourcampfire