Home
For some time I've used a medium weight camera tripod with a yoke(?Stoney Creek) to support my rifle in the popup blind. While sufficient to provide a steadier hold when shooting, rifles do not tend to stay on the yoke and tend to tip stock down/barrel up if not held all the time.

I decided to upgrade with a heavier tripod and, although I have professional heavy tripods for spotting scopes, decided to try an alternative to the yoke support.

Enter the Bog Deathgrip. However, the panning movement is choppy, feeling like a bad ball bearing as the head rotates. Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and came up with a fix. Bog sent a replacement pan head but it has the same disease.

Thanks
Bill
I bought one for my son. He used it for deer season this fall. It felt smooth as far as I could tell, but we only used it for -100 yards. Overall, it say it was a good purchase.
The wife uses one, its the carbon model rock solid, but if I had to do it over a
gain I get a lighter aluminum legged model for the weight
They can be a little sticky in panning. I have mine lined with a little lithium grease which helped. Still debating doing a ball head retrofit on it
Got a bad knee, so weight is a consideration. Bought trekking poles a year ago to help me along. Saw someone here, maybe Don, talk about Quick-Stix, that convert your poles into a bipod rest, and add almost no weight. Quick to engage and undo. I hunted all deer season from a 20” tripod stool and the Quick-Stix held the forend of my rifle with the butt in my lap. Maybe not the best for blind use, but beats lugging 7-8lbs around over hill and dale, which is how I hunt.
I have the Death Grip. I replaced the top with an Arca ball top from Zero Fox given. The whole rig was somewhat 'spensive, but it sure is rock solid. Glad I did it.

https://zerofoxgivenllc.com/products/bog-deathgrip-ballhead-conversion?variant=43877936267518

Also bought an extra ball turret for permanent mount in my blind.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url][/img]
I have one that I purchased recently with the ball head. Pans easily. Have only shot with it a few times so far but seems solid. I bought it for predator calling.
Originally Posted by duckster
I have one that I purchased recently with the ball head. Pans easily. Have only shot with it a few times so far but seems solid. I bought it for predator calling.

Have a link? Didn't know they could be had with a ball head
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Have a link? Didn't know they could be had with a ball head

I purchased it at Cabelas during a after Christmas sale. I think I still have the box with the exact model/label on it. I will check after work.
Looked at the Cabela's Christmas sale. Too many special edition type options when I looked at their whole line.Hard to figure out what was a good deal. Really good tripods seem to cost more than I am willing to pay.
I guess mine is technically a BOG Deathgrip Infinite
I guess mine is technically a BOG Deathgrip Infinite

Thank you
Check out the Tripod options at Night Goggles, much higher quality products and price point selections close to the BOG Death Grip.
© 24hourcampfire