Home
any one use thse do they relly work?? good bad tell me the truth
Before you spend your money on one ask whether you are more likely to miss because your barrel is "resonating," or because you are out of breath, shooting off-hand at a trophy buck with the sun in your eyes on the last day of the season.

That is to say, it's a gimmick. Spend the money on ammunition.

agreed,

though they do work, will tighten up groups on some barrels that don't shoot a particular set of components well.

but what's the point? I'm gonna find a load my rifle likes and not be scrambling about with a big rubber donut on my barrel

for just a bench shooting, plinkin piece probably be ok I guess, but i just don't see one on a hunting rifle
If you ever get one and post a picture I'll quitely laugh at you. Who knows maybe they work but I'll never find out.
Put the cock ring where it belongs.
Dont do it!!!!!!
Beyond the smart comments, they work. Barrel harmonics can be your friend or your enemy. Some of that is why barrels are bedded or free-floated. The Limbsaver is a cheap fix to a problem that you can't solve at the reloading bench. It may not look "cool" but it can help a misbehaving rifle.
Additionally it tames recoil and muzzle jump. They are used a lot in the archery world to tame noise and mitigate hand shock.
Good luck.
Yes, but save your money and just get one of the dog toys..the KONG looks just like it and works just as well!
Go for it, get some extra tall rings so you can see over the top of the donut.

post pictures.

you'll need sling sticks and a cough silencer too.

grin

Just think, those poor VTR guys are SOL!!

Cant fit a triangle peg in a round hole!

grin

Don't forget the Butt-Out tool.....
or Scent-Lok stuff......
It's so nice to see people actually giving advise and not making jokes.

For the cost [about $20} what do you have to lose? I bought one for my Model 7 and it made the groups shrink about 40%. On a pencil thin flyweight gun they do help and I'm pleased with the results.
If someone came up with the idea that a person could shoot better by wearing a Bozo the Clown outfit, I'd bet you'd be the first to try it.
well thanks ya there like 12 bucks. i got one on my 25-06 but i put it on the day i got it and it shoots one hole groups. was gona try one on my 7mm it shoots just under 3/4 group maybe it will make it one hole just wonder what poeple thougth about it
I once shot a no hole group.

That's tight.
its all about the holes Dave...all about the holes..
If it works, use it I say. BTW I know about them no hole groups too.
I shoot internet hole groups..
If you reload then their a total waste of money, tune your loads.
If you load your own and still think the cock ring helps then you suck as a reloader.
Originally Posted by Jamie

Fixt it for ya! grin

Ingwe
lol ya never no it help some poeple
However...Bucko's..they do work on .22 Lr TARGET rifles!
I use one on a heavy barrel CZ for BR-50 and they do work. I'm using it until I decide on a barrel tuner or not. But,this is a different game than most,ammo is somewhat "uncontrollable",so you tune the barrel....
Would I put one on a hunting rifle...NO

I have one, that came my way by someone who got several for free from the Manufacturer on some sort of "testing" program he claims... he had several...

he gave it to me, since I loaded some ammo for him.. ( his dad is a friend).. instead of offering to pay me..

I put it on the end of a Ruger VT in 223...

didn't notice a bit of difference on the Ruger...good or bad...

since it is a pain to try and get off, I just left it on the Ruger....
If you load your own and still think the cock ring helps then you suck as a reloader.

I do reload and have been doing it for over 25yrs. No matter what load tried in the flyweight 260 barrel on the model 7, 1.25" was the best it would do. With the rubber donut on the barrel, now sub MOA groups are common with the same loads.

I have shot hundreds of groups from many different rifles that are sub MOA and more than a few dozen 1 hole groups with HUNTING RIFLES shooting HUNTING ammo. So I think I know what I'm doing. I've probably got more reloading supplies and equipment than most people would think of having.

Barrel deresonators have been used for many years in competitions by shooters all over the world. Why anyone would blast someone for using it if they haven't tried it makes no sense.
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

I do reload and have been doing it for over 25yrs. No matter what load tried in the flyweight 260 barrel on the model 7, 1.25" was the best it would do. With the rubber donut on the barrel, now sub MOA groups are common with the same loads.

+1. I have one, though I haven't used it yet. If I ever have a rifle that needs it, I will. Regardless of what other people think, if this device floats your boat, go for it.

I have shot hundreds of groups from many different rifles that are sub MOA and more than a few dozen 1 hole groups with HUNTING RIFLES shooting HUNTING ammo. So I think I know what I'm doing. I've probably got more reloading supplies and equipment than most people would think of having.

Barrel deresonators have been used for many years in competitions by shooters all over the world. Why anyone would blast someone for using it if they haven't tried it makes no sense.
Shopping list for this year's hunt.

1. Barrel de-resonator

2. Sling sticks

3. Cough silencer

4. Butt-Out Tool

5. Scent-loc camo clothing

I'm I missing anything?

Anybody got a Cabela's coupon?

I really prefer to shop locally. Does Wal-Mart carry all these things?

fish head
I make my own. I take about half a dozen wraps of electical tape around the barrel. Then when I need a piece of tape to put over the muzzle, it's always right there. Replace as needed so you don't lose the de-resonating affect. wink

The only people I've ever seen actually using Limbsaver de-resonators were on a TV show sponsored by Limbsaver.
Posted By: jpb Re: LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator - 07/01/10
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
If someone came up with the idea that a person could shoot better by wearing a Bozo the Clown outfit, I'd bet you'd be the first to try it.

Well, it worked for me!

[Linked Image]

John
There ya go!
That Clown camo pattern is schweeeeeeeeeeet !!!

grin

fish head
Fish, you mean you dont already have a Butt-Out?
I just looked it up. I didn't know it was a tool. I thought it was a position.
I've got one...been meaning to try it. I'm curious as to the performance improvement...though it's not necessary since my hunting rifles are 1.25 MOA or less.

Don't have or want a butt out tool, scent lock clothing, etc etc.

Blast away...
If you go afield with the Barrel De- resonator, you gotta have the Butt-Out tool.....its mandatory.

Oh, and don't forget your Bubba- Buddy elastic cartridge holder for the buttstock....

grin
Ingwe
All cornveniently sold at your local Wal-Mart.
On the same aisle!!! grin

Don;'t ask me how I know...... whistle

Ingwe
Cause theyre next to the "C'mere Deer"....
Best to not ask how you knew that....

Ingwe
You mean it doesnt work??? Are you calling Hank
Parker a liar?? Cause Mister, where my trailers parked them are fightin words....
Didn't say it didn't work....don't get all riled. And I'd never call Hank a Liar....his cousin/wife would kick my azz! shocked

Ingwe
With one son named "jr" and the other dubbed "catfish" I dont find that far fetched.
It worked the one time I was desperate.
Win 25.06, Every load grouped 2 1/2" or bigger.
Bedded the action, no help, free floated the barrel, got worse.
Re-bedded a pressure point in the fore end , not better.
Free floated the barrel and put on a de-resonator. Bingo!
That got it shooting much better but, dang they're ugly.
Sold it to a buddy who immediately pulled it off, but he hasn't shot the rifle since.
He likes to own things, not necessarily use them.
I have told this story before in another De-Resonator thread (yes, there have been others):

The only guy I've seen with a DR on his barrel in the field was in my camp on a guided elk hunt in Colorado a few years ago. He was what I call a "two-number" guy, since he was always bragging both about the range and antler score of animals he shot, as in, "I shot a 327 bull at 542 yards."

On that hunt he gut-shot a raghorn bull at around 250 yards and missed a cow completely at 150. So maybe there is more to field shooting than a De-Resonator....
Was he shooting one of these? grin
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I call a "two-number" guy, since he was always bragging both about the range and antler score of animals he shot, as in, "I shot a 327 bull at 542 yards."

I despise the "two-number" guys. I'd rather be forced to watch an old Penn's Woods television show than to spend 30 seconds with a "number-two" guy.

The first year that I hunted in Saskatchewan, a group of three hunters traveling together showed in camp with DR's. One of the guys had TWO of them affixed! We all gathered around for site in, and, after watching them attempt to shoot, It became readily apparent that they were the only three guys in the world that used the DR because they thought it looked cool. grin
Hi Folks:

I tried one of these a while back on my 270 Weatherby Vanguard.It does work at times,at other times it will make things worse too. For the average person who doesn't reload or would not consider modifying their rifle for what ever reason,they can at times offer better groups when used as directed. I took an unmodified Weatherby and tried a few different factory loads through it using it as directed and the groups shrank some. 1 particular group by almost 50%,so to say they are just a gimmick or not work in all cases isn't true.

On the flip side of this I have also seen when these are used on a rifle already getting respectable accuracy the groups open up as well.This is why I think there is a lot of criticism about them,cause a-lot of folks thought they would cut their group sizes in half in all cases,and we all know that what works for one person may not work for another.

They are ugly and there is no question about it,and also a PITA to put on or take off unless you use some type of oil to aid in the process,but,for those seeking a easy way to tame a poor shooting rifle without investing a whole lot of money they might be worth a try. I look at them now as a diagnostic tool,and advise those who have them to make some type of a more permanent solution to their rifle if they plan on keeping it.If these actually change a persons group to the better,then getting the rifle bedded properly will most likely be the best solution.Anyone can accomplish the same results with a free floated barrel with a soft bed inside the stock,where you don't have that ugly thing hanging off your barrel.

Food for thought.

Mac
Just sayin', if a guy was goin' on the hunt of a lifetime, and could only afford one or the other, which would ya get, the camo hot seat,or the deresonator? Leanin' towards the deresonator because I think it would work as a toilet plunger in hunting camp, but will consider all advice.

Fred
$5 ass blaster fart heated warming cushion for sure, half the price of a de resonater AND it keeps your buns toasty.
Besides what the nay-sayers think/say I like mine and it works on my .257 wby.
I like mine, too.....

[Linked Image]
Don, TFF!
Huntsman-

Did you use peanut butter as lube to slide it on the tube? grin
Originally Posted by SKane
...lube to slide it on the tube? grin

Ive heard that somewhere before.... whistle

Ingwe
I'm going to have to get a butt out tool now. In case I need to quickly remove the DR from my barrel I can use the butt out tool.

I'm going to paint mine pink too...and talk with a lisp at the rifle range.

I lost my pride and sense of humor a long long time ago. smile
I consider myself a tolerant, live and let live type of guy
I can overlook any number of different types of behavior, personal flaws or religious conviction, and I don't care if somebody wants to wear a Leopard Print thong.
But Damnit, there is a limit.
Anybody shows up in my camp with a rifle wearing one of those things and one of us is leaving.
Originally Posted by Tracks
I consider myself a tolerant, live and let live type of guy
I can overlook any number of different types of behavior, personal flaws or religious conviction, and I don't care if somebody wants to wear a Leopard Print thong.
But Damnit, there is a limit.
Anybody shows up in my camp with a rifle wearing one of those things and one of us is leaving.

I gotta say....lol....that was funny. My tolerance is a lot less for a leopard print thong than a barrel DR.

Now if you don a wool filson thong...grab a chair, dinner is ready soon.
© 24hourcampfire