Home
Lets see some pictures of your model 7's I have a 243 Win predator model and just got a stainless/synthetic 300 SAUM
7mm SAUM. One of the best I've ever put "together". Brown Precision stock. Weighs very little and shoots very small groups.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Karnis

I like em. I need to get one of my 7's bolt fluted. Its in line for cerakote already, why not.

Joseph
[Linked Image]
Not fluted or anything fancy...Just a .223 Predator, punched out to .223AI...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Providing me with Tender vittles.... grin
My model 7 is in it's factory original condition.

[Linked Image]

And it will shoot like this day in and day out with it's 18.5" pencil barrel.

[Linked Image]
Roe deer in Bigsky country??

Joseph
Model 7 LSS with a 20" Pac-Nor barrel in .358. Zeiss 1.8-5.5x38 in Talleys. And a nice blacktail buck. smile

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not fluted or anything fancy...Just a .223 Predator, punched out to .223AI...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Providing me with Tender vittles.... grin

I see you like your scopes back towards you, too.

Wierdo! grin
laugh grin
Hey, us stiff-necked mofo's gotta stick together!

Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I see you like your scopes back towards you, too.

Wierdo! grin

If you put them on backwards its like looking through a really long tunnel, and it makes things more "sporting" for the game! laugh

Actually they only look backwards..I hafta park them as far back as they can get to accomodate my coke-bottle glasses...
Remington Model 7 stainless Douglas XX 20" #2 contour 358 Win with a Leupold 1 piece Dual-Dovetail base and stainless low rings. Scope is a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36 Silver.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Model 7 Predator 223 with Talley Low mounts and stuck in them is A Burris 3-9 TACT FFII BP OD.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That's all I have for Model 7's.

Ken
Here's one I used to own in an EDGE...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
.223 with 3x9 compact Leup, stock and coyote tan Cerrakote and blueprinting by Mickey Coleman:

[Linked Image]
Model Seven Predator .243 doing its thing... I've killed half a dozen deer with it also. I never got around to taking any pictures of the deer, we always seemed in a hurry to get them drug out. I predator call and it is a hammer on the predators with lots of coyotes, a few bobcats, coons, crows, ect. accounted for. Talley mounts and Leupold 3.5x10 with an accurate Sierra 85 gr. HPBT running about 3,150 fps.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here is mine. Just got it a few months ago. Its the new Mdl 7 Synthetic in 7mm-08. Im still in the process of working up a load for it. Hopefully it will be ready to go by the first part of October for antelope season.
[Linked Image]
beautiful little 6pt 161 lbs my wife got last year up here in maine. her first deer, her first year hunting, first time out, 1 1/2 hrs in, still hunting along behind me. .350 rem. mag 200 gr horn. RN 2400fps

thats an exit hole your looking at, he was bedded down and she hit him in the chest almost head on. thought i would add that before i get ripped on for a piss poor shot lol

[Linked Image]
Early Model 7 in a youth model synthetic stock. DNZ mounts, old Leu. VXII 2-7 and a Rifle Basic trigger. I removed the walnut stock the day I bought it, so it looks brand new.
Notice that huge hole in the barrel. shocked
This is a 17 Rem. with the 18" barrel.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Here is mine. Just got it a few months ago. Its the new Mdl 7 Synthetic in 7mm-08. Im still in the process of working up a load for it. Hopefully it will be ready to go by the first part of October for antelope season.
[Linked Image]

DT I ordered one just like it on a VIP form...except in .223..of course....destined to be the official truck gun... grin
DT I ordered one just like it on a VIP form...except in .223..of course....destined to be the official truck gun... grin

Will it be AIed? Inquiring minds want to know! grin
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
[Linked Image]

Hopefully yours will be easier to get to shoot than this SOB is. Ive about had it but for some reason or another, Ive convinced myself I need to keep this one and keep trying and do whatever I need to do to get it to shoot. Within reason of course(if there actually was such a thing for a rifle looney!)
If anyone has a KS style stock for the Model 7 (round pistol grip knob, cheekpiece, usually gray or gray camo), I am interested in buying it. Let me know.
I hafta park them as far back as they can get to accomodate my coke-bottle glasses...

I could understand the Burris scopes needing to hang back, but your glasses must be really special to need those 1.5-5x20 Leupolds hanging back there too. laugh
Originally Posted by mtcurman

Will it be AIed? Inquiring minds want to know! grin

Ben...that remains to be seen...... whistle

grin
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
If anyone has a KS style stock for the Model 7 (round pistol grip knob, cheekpiece, usually gray or gray camo), I am interested in buying it. Let me know.

Dang i just sold mine off my 308.
Know where I can get an original 18.5-in. skinny barrel .308 w scope for $375. Got some dings in the stock.

Should I?
Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
beautiful little 6pt 161 lbs my wife got last year up here in maine. her first deer, her first year hunting, first time out, 1 1/2 hrs in, still hunting along behind me. .350 rem. mag 200 gr horn. RN 2400fps

thats an exit hole your looking at, he was bedded down and she hit him in the chest almost head on. thought i would add that before i get ripped on for a piss poor shot lol

[Linked Image]

My youngest, Connor, took his first whitetail with a Seven CDL in .350RM just like yours. Man, I wish I'd bought that one from the factory!
To use "as is" or to build around?

The early polished blue CM and walnut style?

If to build around, sometimes it can be a little more expensive to build on a 7 than a 700 because of the smaller pool of after-market parts.

JEff
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Know where I can get an original 18.5-in. skinny barrel .308 w scope for $375. Got some dings in the stock.

Should I?

Yes. My father has the same gun and his will group under 1" all day with 150gr Speer SP over IMR4064.
7-08 in a McMillan, 6x Leupold and Talleys, nothing too fancy.

[Linked Image]
M7 in .358 Win.

[Linked Image]

M7 in .223AI

[Linked Image]

M7 in .308

[Linked Image]

M7 in .223

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by adkshootr
7-08 in a McMillan, 6x Leupold and Talleys, nothing too fancy.

[Linked Image]

Looks kinda familar only this is a 350.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Remington Model 7 Predator in 17 Fireball. Cooling off after a hot Texas August afternoon's festivities.

Best

GWB
Anyone have a synthetic or laminated take off. My 13 year grandson has outgrown his youth stock and needs one a little longer. His has got the 18" skinny barrel and I don't know if they made a full length synthetic or laminated for that contour? Please PM me with what you have and what you have got to get for it,

Thanks
6MMWASP
Is the AI running a factory tube? Looks like you're a M7 connoisseur.
tkinak nice 350. The factory stock pattern for this rifle fits me well. I originally put an Edge MR pattern on my 7-08, just didn't feel right, sold it and ordered the one it wears now.
Originally Posted by adkshootr
Is the AI running a factory tube? Looks like you're a M7 connoisseur.

The AI is a #3 Douglas...as is the .358. The .308 is a #2.

Please, speak Americun and don't call me funny names..... grin
I recently tried a Model 7 for the first time and it quickly became my favorite rifle of all time. Schnabel forend and all, it fits me like a glove. Specs are 308 / McMillan M7 stock / #4 Krieger @ 20". I see something very similar but chambered in 223 in the near future.

[Linked Image]

You guys reminded me that I have a Model 7 CDL 350 Mag mounted in a McMillan. Wears a Leupold M8-4X.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Don't know how I forgot this was in the gun case.

Ken
Plain S/S factory, a favorite.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I thought I put mine up here but I guess I didnt.

Model 7 SS .260 Rem.
Gretan junk in the bolt
Talley junk holding a VXII 3-9X33 UL w/LR Dupe on.
Olive McEDGE Rem. Mountain pattern

[Linked Image]

Heres 2 groups I shot last week at 342 yards. 95grn VMAX over 48 grns of H4350 smile I'm happy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I ran one in 7-08 for awhile, would run one again. One of the many kills with it that I'm fond of, stalked this blacktail cross buck in his bed, he was the biggest of (5) bucks bedded in a frost covered burn on that nippy October morning:
[Linked Image]

MtnHtr
Model Seven is on my list.
Got this one for college graduation back in '98. 7mm-08, just put the Talley Ultra Lows on a while back. Leupold 2-7 with aluminacaps.

She's been pretty good to me and not so good to numerous white-tails over the years.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by firearms44
You guys reminded me that I have a Model 7 CDL 350 Mag mounted in a McMillan. Wears a Leupold M8-4X.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Don't know how I forgot this was in the gun case.

Ken

Putting one very similar together. Olive mcschabel edge, leupold 4x33 in qd talley rings. At 6lbs without scope that 350 should be pretty snappy!
Originally Posted by bxroads
I recently tried a Model 7 for the first time and it quickly became my favorite rifle of all time. Schnabel forend and all, it fits me like a glove. Specs are 308 / McMillan M7 stock / #4 Krieger @ 20". I see something very similar but chambered in 223 in the near future.

[Linked Image]

Love that rifle. As you are finding out they are very addictive. I have 2 customs on the seven action both with heavy-ish barrels like yours that are sweet rifles

Thats as sweet of a southern deer rifle as you can find!

Originally Posted by bxroads

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Rem model 7 xcr in 308, Leupold 3x9 compact.
Nice lookin model 7's I wish that I bought a model 7 XCR in 308 cant believe they only made them 1 year
[Linked Image]

.350 Rem Mag

[Linked Image]

7mm-08 Rem
My dad bought it for me when I was 13, still has taken more game with it than all my other rifles combined.

Now that I am married I bought a McMillian Edge stock, fluted the barrel, and topped it was a VX-3 in talleys and my wife uses it. She's getting quick the resume with the rifle as well.

[Linked Image]
I'm goin to look at a model 7 in 308 today I just wish they still came in a stainless finish. maybe I'll find a used one while I'm at the gun shop
This one is up for sale.

[Linked Image]
Had an early one in 223...thought I needed a heavy barrel instead cry
Damn you guys! Sell me one of these things!
Originally Posted by TannerGun
Damn you guys! Sell me one of these things!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._WTS_WTT_Rem700CDL_Stainless#Post5708498

if you pick it up and make me an descent offer its yours lol
Model 7 in 7mm-08 w/ a AI stock w/ aluminum bedding block:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Never got around to working up a load for this rifle - it shoots the Federal 140 Accubonds into about 1" at 100yds and I just never have gotten the energy to try and improve that. This was my first "real" hunting rifle and I've taken more deer with it than all of my other rifles combined.

David

Originally Posted by Canazes9
Model 7 in 7mm-08 w/ a AI stock w/ aluminum bedding block:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Never got around to working up a load for this rifle - it shoots the Federal 140 Accubonds into about 1" at 100yds and I just never have gotten the energy to try and improve that. This was my first "real" hunting rifle and I've taken more deer with it than all of my other rifles combined.

David

Very nice rifle. Welcome to the Campfire.
Well, can't seem to find a buck, but got a couple pics of my 7-08. It's an older 20" blued chromoly synthetic that's been camo-dipped wearing a yet to be painted Leupy M8 6x42 heavy duplex in Talley Lightweights that I d&t the 4th hole on the receiver to accommodate. Its Devcon bedded at the lug and free-floated; generally 3/4" capable with a light crisp pre-X-Mark trigger. Getting ~2760fps with 43.5gr Varget and 139gr Hornady SP. I had a lot of help and inspiration from the Campfire on this for outfitting (the free classifieds, hunting rifles, hunting optics) and pretty much learning to make accurate ammo (big game reloading, hunting rifles) etc... Thanks. OT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Oregon, that dip job is SICK!
Dang, I think I used to have a VW bus with the same paint job.
Well - you can certainly hear it before it fires... Its called Brush Country Camo, from Texas I think. Little more lively than I'd imagined; got it second hand on here... Anyways...

Related: Was out early this morning looking for a blacktail buck.... At daybreak came within about 12 yards of a Spike Roosevelt that had been moving closer in the dark as I listened... At first light I crept forward a little by little and finally saw his spikes and eyes through some vine maple etc... He stood up, just looked at me, then moved a step or so then looked again, and again, then moved off a couple steps and looked some more, then about 10 yards and stopped to look back again, finally he trotted off.... My sweet wife just joked tonight that he was admiring my pretty rifle! OT
Pimped Mod 7 KS .350 RM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Just a plain Jane CDL in 7-08 with a 2-7x Nikon Monarch. Not particularly accurate, but it is consistent- usually 3 shots right around 1 1/4" at 100 yds. Launches 120 grainers at about 2,950 fps using either H414 or H4895.

[Linked Image]
If anyone has a Seven KS stock for sale, I'm always in the mood.....
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Pimped Mod 7 KS .350 RM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've gotta do me one of them green rigs. just makes a super sharp looking hunting rig.
What's the factory barrel contour on M7s? Do they lean more toward sporter or MR ish?
Cool rifle.
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Well, can't seem to find a buck, but got a couple pics of my 7-08. It's an older 20" blued chromoly synthetic that's been camo-dipped wearing a yet to be painted Leupy M8 6x42 heavy duplex in Talley Lightweights that I d&t the 4th hole on the receiver to accommodate. Its Devcon bedded at the lug and free-floated; generally 3/4" capable with a light crisp pre-X-Mark trigger. Getting ~2760fps with 43.5gr Varget and 139gr Hornady SP. I had a lot of help and inspiration from the Campfire on this for outfitting (the free classifieds, hunting rifles, hunting optics) and pretty much learning to make accurate ammo (big game reloading, hunting rifles) etc... Thanks. OT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jesssh. don't walk away from that one for long. I'd have to use orange tape on the bbl of that one.
Originally Posted by jagd
Pimped Mod 7 KS .350 RM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've gotta do me one of them green rigs. just makes a super sharp looking hunting rig.

I was thinking the very same thing....

talk about a high COOOL factor...

the fluted bolt is beyond my desires...

but the rest of it is Both Cool and Gorgeous!

we sure have some forum members with some creativity and good taste on the Campfire here...
Originally Posted by tzone

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jesssh. don't walk away from that one for long. I'd have to use orange tape on the bbl of that one.

I was thinking the same thing, Tom. I'd lose that one the first time I had to answer natures' call.

Very unique pattern.

Oh, and I definitely need to pick up a set of light weight rings for my M7 like so many here have done.
The Model Seven factory contour is exactly the Mountain Rifle contour, cut to 20".

There are some other contours on "special" editions of the Seven, such as the short magnums, Whitetails, 673, and the XCR fluted versions. Those are all called "magnum" contours, but from my small sample that really means that they equal the standard Remington sporter contour.

7 sporter/standard = 700 mountain
7 magnum/XCR = 700 sporter
7mm-08 / VX-III 1.75-6E x 32 / Tally mounts / 140 gn. Win. Super-X Factory fodder / 2004 Public Land Buck / (Oh yeah, body by Budweiser shocked )

[Linked Image]

YB
Pimped Mod 7 KS .350 RM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I must 'fess up: I still need to get a Model Seven.
My original thought was to go with an original with the Schnabel forend in wood; perhaps in .223; but with the stock channeled out for a Bull Bbl.
Then I started fantasizing about a 'Mini-Sniper' in some other caliber, and that's where I stopped.
My mind was warped... crazy

This 'Forest Combat' style I see here is very well done and interesting.
I don't know yet which Model Seven I will eventually end up with.
The thread has some very good information regarding the bbl. contours, though.
I did not know that; thank you!

I do believe I will consider this as my next rifle project.
Basic stock KS in .350 Rem Mag....

[Linked Image]

Leupold 1.75-6 VX 3 with a Weaver base, Burris QD rings and BC Mountain Sling...

[Linked Image]

M7s are about as perfect a out of the box hunting rifle as you can buy... Tomorrow I put a 2.5x8 VX 3 on a young hunters stainless/synthetic .308...why Remington dropped the stainless M7s is beyond me...

Bob
Model Seven rifles tend to be 'sleek'.
Thanks Dakota.
Lets see some more pictures. to all that posted pictures you have some very fine lookin rifles
M7 KS 308"winnie" loaded with 165grs Rhino solid shank or 200grs Norma Oryx. Got two scopes, leu 1,5-5x20 illum + Swarovski AV 3-9x36
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My girlfriends .243 win Model 7 with Leupold VX II scope. She got it at an auction this fall as her first gun and she loves it. The wood is absolutely flawless, not a scratch on it.
Was at gun shop they had a used model 7 CDL in 350 Rem mag boy is it tempting wish my tax return would get here. LOL
C Hell - What power of scope does your girlfriend have on her model 7 ?
Why can't istop looking at this thread.
[Linked Image]

.260 Rem that was lobbed off for the kids. I add the slip on when I feel the need to getter' bloody. Love the 7's�..
pair of 7KS.....35rem in old style camo wears a 1.5-5x, newer .350mag has a 1.75-6x.

[Linked Image]

.35rem enjoying a day out...
[Linked Image]

on the right, a stainless M7 in .308, MPI stock, barreled action bead blasted to a matte finish, 2x7 leupold. (left is the .350)
[Linked Image]

.223, with a burris 3-9x that got a rattle can paint job:
[Linked Image]

A match to the above .35 Rem

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Unpainted McEdge?
Yeppers, MR. Dig the hell out of it.
Oh it's a 7 Shamwow.
Some Great Rifles on This Thread.

Here is my contribution:

[Linked Image]

It started life as a Model 7 .243 LSS (For once I didn't shoot the donor rifle). Then I sent it to Mickey Coleman for a #4 Douglas chambered in 6BR and all that other Alabama Magic Rifle Voodoo he do.

Its topped with a 2-10x38 Weaver. Eight and quarter pounds of one hole group shooting goodness. smile
Originally Posted by Rogue
Oh it's a 7 Shamwow.

Suhweet!
If remember right you're running pretty much the same?
Johnny has a crappy painted version....grin

Heres the new make-over of the Model Seven Predator...223AI

[Linked Image]
so, Ingwe... izzat the B&C M7 stock you mentioned a while back?

if so, do you like it?

it looks good.
Hillbillybear, do you still have the .243 LSS barrel?
Originally Posted by toad
so, Ingwe... izzat the B&C M7 stock you mentioned a while back?

if so, do you like it?

it looks good.

Yep...I do like it...ergos are mucho better...but I had to do a little "inletting" on the aluminum bedding block...and had to bed the lug anyway....not exactly a drop in, but they didnt offer one without the block...
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Johnny has a crappy painted version....grin

Yup! Woulda went unpainted if I had known..

Sammo's should be showing up pretty soon.
Send his to me...I'll zebra-stripe that bad boy... grin
Zebra is always a viable option, but carbon is more badassier. Hard to designee total Coolier.
i'm trying to decide on a stock for my latest (7mm-08 LSS)

McM M7 KS unpainted Edge maybe... i have two in MR stocks and really like them except the forearm kinda dwarfs the skinny 20" Sporter barrels.

bottom two in this pic.

[Linked Image]

this one is an early M7 FS but i have no clue who made the stock for them. i like it though.

[Linked Image]
Nice herd Toad�. Did you catch up to the wuff and show him what the black Model 7 could do?
no...i looked around a little bit, but that track was a day or so old and he may have been in Wyoming by then. one of these days they'll come in to use my lab for a squeak toy and i'll thin the pack.
[Linked Image]Been experimenting all evening trying to get to where I can post a pic. Thanks mink for making it sound so easy. Wife figured out how to get it done. I'll never remember.
Anyway, here's my M7. Early gun born as a 223. Jack Foster of Bozeman, MT (Precision International) converted it to 7TCU with a 20" Douglas bbl and shortened the stock to 11" so that his grandkids could shoot silhouette with it. He sold it to me with 100 rounds of 162gr loads. With a 4X leupold it shoots well under 1" at 100yds. Never did chrono them loads but have since rolled my own with 120NosBTs and some milsurp powder. Gives 2620fps with that load.
Sorry for the crummy pic, just beginning this photo post thing.
Here is mine.

Model 7 XCR 308win dropped in a McMillan Hunters EDGE, Talley mounts and Bushnell Elite 3-10x40mm

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweet. I bet that thing hunts..
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Sweet. I bet that thing hunts..

I haven't measured my groups but I have just been using Federal Premium Barnes TSX 165gr and I am very pleased. Should be able to take anything up here in the North woods.
Originally Posted by CanadianBuck

[Linked Image]

Nice!

Mine is getting a make over this spring...
[Linked Image]

going adl and Bansner stock
just waiting on parts and a little smith work
Nice mooste.
I love the model 7's...
Hey you just said "remington 7's" so how about a remington 788....Don't get mad.... grin

My new lefty 788 in 6mm rem:
[Linked Image]
I would be proud enough to show it too.You did a fine job on the stock.

I'm hesitant to mention it but,the only thing is the mounts are too tactical looking on such a classic rifle for my taste.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I would be proud enough to show it too.You did a fine job on the stock.

I'm hesitant to mention it but,the only thing is the mounts are too tactical looking on such a classic rifle for my taste.

I know, I may eventually change them out blush. I wanted to go with something study enough since it's a 3 hole mounting system and also something that would bring the scope up enough to clear the rear sight. sickThanks for the compliment. I really like this old girl....and it's nice running a left hand bolt, kind of feels natural...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
....and it's nice running a left hand bolt, kind of feels natural...

Let me know when you go through the RH bolt purge (again)...

smile
Here's my contribution to the thread.
A vanilla plain .260 with a Leupold 2-7x28 compact.
Forgot what year, but bought it when .260's became available in Model Sevens.
To me, it's the perfect Eastern sneaking around rifle.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
....and it's nice running a left hand bolt, kind of feels natural...

Let me know when you go through the RH bolt purge (again)...

smile

As soon as you move back down here to gods country and quit messing around maybe we can talk. What do you mean again? I only got rid of my 308's (2 of em).....I still have one and all the rest of my rightys. OH....you are talking about the first time when I listened to that damn sob Craig Bodington and got rid of all of my righty's....Not going to ever happen agin...You can count on that one.... mad I'm still kicking myself in the azz over that one....I used to have some nice rightys.... wink
Originally Posted by bucktales
Here's my contribution to the thread.
A vanilla plain .260 with a Leupold 2-7x28 compact.
Forgot what year, but bought it when .260's became available in Model Sevens.
To me, it's the perfect Eastern sneaking around rifle.
[Linked Image]

1997 was the first year production like yours.

I've hunted quite a bit with the exact same setup you show there. Works well enough in flyover country too!
My 673 in .350.....it's growing on me.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Is that a Yamaha Terrapo?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Where did you get that dipped at?
alot of great lookin model 7's
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mdl 7's rule!
Top one is a 22-250...bottom one is a 223...both with Leupold VXII 3x9 scopes...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Black also:

[Linked Image]
Well, black too then. I'm interested in buying a KS stock made by Brown Precision.

It is nice to know that Mickey is making them available to the public now also.
Well, black too then. I'm interested in buying a KS stock made by Brown Precision.

It is nice to know that Mickey is making them available to the public now also.

I have a McMillan on order and Dick Davis say's they'll be green. These stocks are still available from Brown Precision also but almost twice as expensive as the McMillan, but then again, the "Brown" IS Kevlar whereas the McMillan is fiberglass with "Edge" fill.
Originally Posted by DMc
the "Brown" IS Kevlar whereas the McMillan is fiberglass with "Edge" fill.

McEdges are carbon graphite layup with edge fill..
OH BUCKY BALLS! My bad.
Originally Posted by RJM
Basic stock KS in .350 Rem Mag....

[Linked Image]

Leupold 1.75-6 VX 3 with a Weaver base, Burris QD rings and BC Mountain Sling...

[Linked Image]

M7s are about as perfect a out of the box hunting rifle as you can buy... Tomorrow I put a 2.5x8 VX 3 on a young hunters stainless/synthetic .308...why Remington dropped the stainless M7s is beyond me...

Bob

350 Rem - Note to self grin
Can anyone confirm for me that the rifle in the pic above (Model 7 in 350 Rem) actually has a "Remington Sporter Barrel" shortened to 22" and therefore then called a "Magnum Contour..?"
That's the magnum contour. I believe you'll find that's a 20" barrel rather than 22.
Ok..20" it is then.

Guess i am asking if it is the same contour as the Remington Sporter, just cropped at 20" Is it.?
No, being 35 caliber it's a little thicker than the 7mm-08 or 260 Rem. I believe it's .615 at the muzzle IIRC.
i have 2 model sevens, recently dumped 2 others, love em! i have a 7mm-08 and a 243, both stainless....the 243 is in a wood stock and the 7mm-08 synthetic. maybe ill post some pics tonight. later
358wsm- I have two SS model 7's one is a 7SAUM the other a 243. The 243 has a 20" LW (mountain contour I believe) barrel, the 7SAUM has 22" barrel with a different contour. I think they call it the Mag contour, which I think is close to the standard contour barrel. Someone else jump in here that knows.
Yes, the 7SAUMS have a heavier barrel. The slightly heavier barrels actually feel better balanced to me than the lighter barreled M7s. I don't know if it is the same contour, less flutes, as the M7 Predator's fluted barrel or not.

My .223 M7 CDL is just too muzzle light for me.

Anyone ever try hollowing out the CDL stock to lighten the buttstock?

Thanks my friend..!
heres my couple to put in with the mix, ithe 243 is my favorite rifls, in an old school wood stock topped with a weaver super slam 2x10x42, awesome handling weapon. the other is a 7mm-08 topped with a nitrex 3x9x40 and it shoots itty bitty groups with cheap ppu 140 grain ammo, i cant wait to get time to load for it. lenny
[Linked Image]
I wish Remington would bring back the stainless models again or offer a XCR II version that would be SWEET
Originally Posted by ts300wsm
I wish Remington would bring back the stainless models again or offer a XCR II version that would be SWEET

I agree--they were nice rifles in stainless, and an XCR II would be sweet. They did make the XCR version for one year with the fluted barrel.
+1 for bringing back the SS Model 7's and the XCR M7s...

7 RSAUM SS
Talleys, 6X42 Wide Dupe
CDL Walnut take off, bedded/floated
Gre-Tan stuff in the bolt

[Linked Image]
archie nice lookin gun you got thinkin I should look around for a CDL stock for my 300 SAUM
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
+1 for bringing back the SS Model 7's and the XCR M7s...

7 RSAUM SS
Talleys, 6X42 Wide Dupe
CDL Walnut take off, bedded/floated
Gre-Tan stuff in the bolt

[Linked Image]

Set up my 7mmSAUM M7SS with a CDL take-off and Leupold also. I dig it....
The CDL is a good way to pass time till money for a mcmillan comes.
Here is a few 223, 308, 300 SAUM
[Linked Image]
What's the stock on that 300 predmaster?
The rifle is a bead blasted AWR and the stock is a manners sl.
My 7mm08 McMillan compact 120 barns x bang flop ! [Linked Image]
Nice colors in that photo!

(nice rifle and yote too, BTW)
Don't want this thread to die, so I'll throw this out there: Bet your Model 7's can't do this:

[Linked Image]

Just like the older model 700's that would show the firing pin as a cocking indicator.

[Linked Image]
DM, that paint job is sweet cool
That's a factory finish Tanner. I wish I could take credit.

BTW the old Model 600's shroud showed whether the rifle was cocked or not too.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DavidontheRidge
...bang flop ! [Linked Image]

I'm really glad to hear that was a bang flop, otherwise (without a heart) that would have had to be a Werewolf! Nice shootin! That tail sure would look good on my car antenna!
davidontheridge whats the McMillan stock weigh compared to factory stock??
The McM weigh,s 1 lb 11 oz . I dont,t have A factory stock to weigh . As pictured the rifle weigh.s 6 lb 7 oz with leupy 2.5-8
Stuck my 260 Model Seven in a Bansner/HTS stock converted to ADL.
I need to get a better picture.
[Linked Image]
weighs 6# 6oz as you see it
Originally 223, rebored to 6x45 by Dick Nickel.
Mickey Compact 50/30/20 Pink, Lt Grey, Med Tan.
85 Partitions @ 2800 go a little under an inch.
6.70 lbs as shown. Makes daughter very happy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Savuti
Originally 223, rebored to 6x45 by Dick Nickel.
Mickey Compact 50/30/20 Pink, Lt Grey, Med Tan.

Woohoo, OUTSTANDING!
My 223 ! weighs 6 lb 6 oz with edge .
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DavidontheRidge
The McM weigh,s 1 lb 11 oz . I dont,t have A factory stock to weigh . As pictured the rifle weigh.s 6 lb 7 oz with leupy 2.5-8

I can't speak to all the various M7 stocks, but my M7 CDL walnut stock weighs 30.5 ounces including glass bedding in the lug area.
Model 7 LSS with a 20" Pac-Nor barrel in .358. Zeiss 1.8-5.5x38 in Talleys. And a nice blacktail buck. smile

[Linked Image]

I'd like to see more pictures of your rifle; it looks great.

What barrel contour is it?
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Some Great Rifles on This Thread.

Here is my contribution:

[Linked Image]

It started life as a Model 7 .243 LSS (For once I didn't shoot the donor rifle). Then I sent it to Mickey Coleman for a #4 Douglas chambered in 6BR and all that other Alabama Magic Rifle Voodoo he do.

Its topped with a 2-10x38 Weaver. Eight and quarter pounds of one hole group shooting goodness. smile

What is the barrel length on your rifle?
Awesome pictures I wish Remington would offer a model 7 XCR II that would be a sweet gun I would like one in 350 Rem mag or 308 Win.
Remington needs to bring something new into the model 7 line. Bring back the XCR or atleast a Synthetic / stainless SPS model.

There must not have been enough interest in the model 7 lineup for Remington to discontinue the stainless, and focus on the 700 series.
my latest...7mm-08/McM M7 KS in Edge

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Awesome Toad! I'm one of the guys that wants to know what the stock weighs unpainted!!! Let us know.
DMc
Originally Posted by CanadianBuck
Remington needs to bring something new into the model 7 line. Bring back the XCR or atleast a Synthetic / stainless SPS model.

There must not have been enough interest in the model 7 lineup for Remington to discontinue the stainless, and focus on the 700 series.

I agree with your first desire. However, I would never agree that Remington actually made their lineup choices with an eye to what would produce an ongoing interest in their lineup.
got a 'fence post' pic of my 7 out walking in the hucklebarries with the family hoping mr. blackie would show...
[Linked Image]
I posted this picture in another Model 7 thread, but thought I'd put it in this one too. It is a 338 federal with an H S Precision stock and a Hart barrel. I have just gotten another in 338 Federal that I will be making a 260 out of shortly. Love these little buggers.
[Linked Image]
Here's a recent addition put together for my kids with a 12.5 lop HighTech/Bansner stock.....stock is 19.5 oz's with bedding, paint, and flip-flop pad.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice stock work there. Let me know if your kid outgrows it--I've got a couple more coming up that could use it.
Here's a couple pics of my daughter's 223. Matte finish 20" barrel, hollowed out wood youth stock underneath the paint job. She let me know this week that she doesn't plan on giving it back!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice stock work there. Let me know if your kid outgrows it--I've got a couple more coming up that could use it.

Of my three the youngest just turned 1....so this one should have several more years of use ahead of it here...

This one will probably get another paint job in a few years for my daughter...likely it will be in the same general theme as the one you posted. Great job!
Diggin' the walnut and stainless 7's. Here's one more.

[Linked Image]
Remington Model 7 action.
Shilen 22" fluted barrel.
Shilen trigger 2.5 lbs.
Banser High Tech stock.
Swarovski Z3 3x10x42 4A retical.

[Linked Image]/7mm-08.jpg[/IMG][Linked Image]
That is awesome. The model seven is my favorite rifle. I'll post a pic of my ss sevens sometime.
I hope for 2013 they offer a XCR II model seven or bring back the stainless model
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DMc
I looked at this thread until I ordered a 7 CDL. Hopefully I can get pics tomorrow night.
cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Custom Shop .257 Roberts Mannlicher.

[Linked Image]
snowwalker thats a fine lookin 308
Thank you TS. Hopefully will have her up and running before long. I've wanted one for many years.
Just brought home this .223 yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Load development this week.
tag
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DMc

How did you get Remington to chamber a Mod 7 in .300 Savage? Is this a special order or what?
Model 7 in 300 Savage.. Wisconsin deer gun for sure.
And bear.
Originally Posted by E Blair
How did you get Remington to chamber a Mod 7 in .300 Savage? Is this a special order or what?

I'm not sure how long ago (I'm guessing about 10 years ago) Remington made an over-run of 300 Savage Model 700 barrels. They released the barrels to a now defunct distributor. The distributor was selling the NIB barrels for $15 each. I actually found this information by doing a 24 HR Campfire Google search. I sent a PM to one of the members who said he�d bought 5 or 10 of the barrels and asked if he still had any. Sure enough, he had one left. A Model 700 barrel will screw right onto a Model 7 without issue. Of course since the barrels are not index threaded it had to be hand-fitted and a chamber tool utilized to line up the caliber designation and sights. Walla! Model 7 300 Savage! What a sweet lightweight little rifle! Thanks for asking. I love building unique Model 7�s.

Here�s a 6mm in a Brown Precision stock. Again I found a �New-in-Grease wrap Packaging� 24� Model 700 1-9 twist, 6mm sporter-weight barrel. I did lop 2� off for balance and added a Model 70 style 3-position safety.

Top: 6mm
Middle: 300 Savage
Bottom: Custom Shop 35 Remington

[Linked Image]

DMc
Just picked up a used model 7 stainless/synthetic in 7mm SAUM it already had weaver bases and mounts so I'm goin mount a Leupold VX 3 4.5-14 x 40mm that I have layin around and goin try some 160 grain Nosler Accubonds..... I think the scope is to big for the model 7 but its the only extra scope I have right now
Any opinions of the model 7 XCR?
I see that this is an old thread, but since it's up again I'll post a picture.

Model 7 308 turned into a single shot with a Bartlein Light Palma, Anschutz stock modified to fit it, and a barrel stabilizer. It has a Leupold 6.5-20 with the dot and the target knobs in Burris Signature rings with the 20 minute inserts. I don't remember what trigger is in it.
I can add sights to it for Palma, but I've just been using it in FTR. Last Saturday it did 428 out of 450, with me holding it back. The wind was 10-15. (155 Scenars at 2950.) This is a REALLY accurate rifle.

[Linked Image]
wish they would bring back the model 7 XCR or even a stainless model again....
Originally Posted by E Blair
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
that is super cool 300 savage!!!!
here is a old school mod seven in 6mm rem!!!

DMc

that is super cool 300 savage!!!!
here is a old school mod seven in 6mm rem!!!
[Linked Image]
couldn't help my self!!!
I wish they would make a Model Seven XCR II for Christmas this year. And bring back the the stainless lightweights as a cataloged item, or at least offer one special chambering a year.
Yes bring back the model 7 stainless synthetic or model 7 XCR
sweet lookin rifles can't wait until I find the 2015 model seven stainless in 308 in a gun shop.
Any pictures of the new 2015 models ?
Just put a 2015 model seven stainless in 308 Win. on layaway will post pictures when I pick it up gonna top it off with a Leupold VX I 3-9x40mm and try some Federal 150 grain Nosler Partitions.
a lot of great rifles
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

450 Marlin
20" Barrel
Bansner Stock
PTG 3 POS safety

7lbs 2oz
Adam
Stainless model 7s are back in production and shipping fwiw. I picked up a 308 and a 7-08 in the past month. 7s are my favorite rifles...couldn't help but another couple to the stable.
Originally Posted by ab_bentley
[Linked Image]

Ok that is fantastic
One of my favorite post. To bad we've lost some of the pics.

Here's a .308 Winchester Model Seven with a VX-2 2-7x33. Loaded with Nosler 125 gr. Accubonds to just shy of 3,000 fps.
1" 3 - shot groups at 100 yards are the norm.

My plan was to trick it out with stock and trigger upgrades, but it's perfect to me as is. So I'll leave it factory.
Years ago Model Seven's were my go to rifle for climbing portable stand hunting, light and compact.

The M-7 doesn't seem to fit some folks, its my favorite

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I have a love/hate relationship with my Model 7. It's perfect for my jaunts in the Deep South but finicky. It fits me very well and kills everything I have pointed it at. Doesn't shoot great groups but is fine for my usual 10-200 yard shots on game. I've been thru a couple stocks and think I've got it like I want it now. B&C Alaskan II stock, Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36, DNZ Mount, Timney trigger.

Current setup:
[Linked Image]

Previous setup:
[Linked Image]
My Grandson's 30Br that I built 15 years ago.
Shilen barrel, Jewell trigger, and Brown Precision stock.
[Linked Image]
Another Grandson's 6X47L
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Same components as his cousin's rifles except it does not have a Jewell.
I have posted the Model 7 in 338 Fed on the left before, the Model 7 on the right is in 260 Remington. I really like the HS Precision stocks. Neither has the original barrel. The 338 Fed is a Hart barrel and the 260 is a fluted Pac-Nor Barrel.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dad lusted after this rifle for years , specifically in .243 . He finally found exactly what he was looking for in a shop one day and bought it . Started working up handloads with his favorite bullet (85gr Sierra Gameking HPBT,he swore by it ) , shooting it on a 25 yard range in his yard .
He had a heart attack on July 4th and passed away that year, never hunted the rifle .

I finished the load workup a few years back . Intent it be hunted . My sis went on a hunt and I sent it with her , and she took a doe .
I used it exclusively last year so I could say I'd done it in tribute to him .

It's back in the safe waiting on my brother to bloody it . He's coming home for Christmas and plans to hunt .
Originally Posted by jmd025
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dad lusted after this rifle for years , specifically in .243 . He finally found exactly what he was looking for in a shop one day and bought it . Started working up handloads with his favorite bullet (85gr Sierra Gameking HPBT,he swore by it ) , shooting it on a 25 yard range in his yard .
He had a heart attack on July 4th and passed away that year, never hunted the rifle .

I finished the load workup a few years back . Intent it be hunted . My sis went on a hunt and I sent it with her , and she took a doe .
I used it exclusively last year so I could say I'd done it in tribute to him .

It's back in the safe waiting on my brother to bloody it . He's coming home for Christmas and plans to hunt .

Nice rifle, and an even nicer story. If I could only have one bullet for a 243, it would be the 85 grain Sierra HPBT. It will flat give a coyote a dirt nap, and it ain't too shabby on deer either.
JMD025 ,

Sorry to hear that about your Dad ..

I have an identical looking M-7 chambered in 260rem. , mines pretty old - has the 3 screw receiver .
Shoots 140gr. speer hotcores inside an inch .
Nice pictures !
After watching his success with it over the years , in another 243 .... it's the only bullet I've ever needed.
I've never had any Sierra bullet not shoot good in any rifle .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
JMD025 ,

Sorry to hear that about your Dad ..

I have an identical looking M-7 chambered in 260rem. , mines pretty old - has the 3 screw receiver .
Shoots 140gr. speer hotcores inside an inch .
Nice pictures !

I'd like to date this one. I'm pretty sure without looking at it again that it's 3screw . I know when he purchased it , it was "new old stock " hidden in the back of a gun store for a very long time. He bought it January 2010 and passed in July . I guessed the rifle was made 2000 ish though .

It's accurate enough , and very consistent . Going to be a good one for my kids to get started with
Mine started as a 7-08 LSS. I had it rebarreled to .358. It's in a B&C Alaskan stock now, too... Swaro 3-10x42 AV in Talleys.

[Linked Image]
Well I enjoy this thread of Model Sevens. No one has posted in a couple years. I cant get my photos to load.
Thanks! Now I’m back to wanting one!
Always happy to oblige!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Remington Model 7, Custom Shop, 7mm-08

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by geedubya
Always happy to oblige!

Remington Model 7, Custom Shop, 7mm-08

ya!

GWB

Dang GW, we must be brothers from a different Mother. Thought I was the only one that owned one of those in 7-08 !
Mine is one accurate SOB with just about every load I’ve tried in it. No telling how many deer and hogs mine has accounted for.
laugh
love these!!!
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight
Well I enjoy this thread of Model Sevens. No one has posted in a couple years. I cant get my photos to load.

Go to www.postimages.org

Click on the choose images tab.

Select the image.

Once it's loaded, highlight the "hotlink for forums" line and copy it.

Paste the line into the text of your message here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’ve had quite a few over the years, but these were the most memorable to me. Sadly, I have since sold all of them.
350RM
6.5RM
7-08
I have owned several throughout the years but currently only have the Predator model in 223.
And it has never been shot.
Les
Baddest model 7 in the whole thread...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to check your keyboard keys
Originally Posted by Judman
Baddest model 7 in the whole thread...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to check your keyboard keys

Lots of grape in that stock.
Originally Posted by bigJ
I’ve had quite a few over the years, but these were the most memorable to me. Sadly, I have since sold all of them.
350RM
6.5RM
7-08

What's the stock on the 6.5?

The 223 looks familiar . Lol
I need to get mine out and take a pic. It’s a 7mm-08.
[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Rem. M7, 6 x 47, McMillian stock, Bill Davidson Barrel (now proudly owned by Sakohunter264)

Rem. Model 7 Predator, 17 Fireball (a good set. Got these four in 37 minutes of calling IIRC)

Rem. M7 (IIRC), 17 Fireball

ya!

GWB

Originally Posted by Flyer01

What's the stock on the 6.5?

The 223 looks familiar . Lol

Mcmillan hunters edge.
I'd like to have one of the 1st gen Model Sevens retubed with a 20" 35Remington bbl on it.
708, got a vx3i on it now, but purchased a vx-r to put on it before the season

221 Remington Fireball and a 222 Remington, both first generation.
Dennis.

I reworked my .358 M7 and have continued to whack n' stack deer with it. I took the barrel off and had P-N reprofile it to a standard Rem profile; that allowed me to put it into a B&C Alaskan stock. Swapped the scope to a 3-10 Swaro AV in Talleys and here she sits. Oh- also switched over to the 200-grain Accubond.

For general blacktail hunting how and where I tend to do it, it's perfection. smile

7mm 08 Bell &Carlson Alaskan stock

Attached picture 20200831_165016.jpg
Originally Posted by bigJ
350RM
6.5RM
7-08

All dandy’s right there
I need to find the factory sights for a blued walnut one I have in 6mm rem. Its got the 18.5 barrel with the deep bluing and the checkered stock. I bought it from a kid for $250 in a gun store parking lot in Boise in about 2000. He was headed out the door passed and cussing the store because they only offered him $125. I said ill give you twice that and more if you have the sights. He didn't have the sights.

My brother used it a year or 2 later to drop a decent buck at about 400 yards. He was really impressed with what that little gun and a 100gr partition could do.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I need to find the factory sights for a blued walnut one I have in 6mm rem. Its got the 18.5 barrel with the deep bluing and the checkered stock. I bought it from a kid for $250 in a gun store parking lot in Boise in about 2000. He was headed out the door passed and cussing the store because they only offered him $125. I said ill give you twice that and more if you have the sights. He didn't have the sights.

My brother used it a year or 2 later to drop a decent buck at about 400 yards. He was really impressed with what that little gun and a 100gr partition could do.

Bb

I may have a set of sights taken off one. It will likely be this weekend before I can check but shoot me a pm late Friday or early Sat and I'll try to look for them.
Just took delivery of my third Beanland build on a 7 action. Light fast twist 22-250, short/light 6.5 saum and 24” “heavy” 6.5 saum.

I’ll try to get a picture or two up
22" 7-08 ackley improved with a #1 lilja in a mcm edge Mr stock . Need to start that project
Taking mine elk hunting this next week. I’ve got a spike tag; I think a .358 is a good match for a spike elk in the timber. Maybe I’ll get to find out. It’s loaded with my new favorite blacktail load- 200 grain Accubonds at 2650 fps.

I’m bringing my 7WSM Kimber for non-timber stuff.
That .358 will put the hammer on one for sure. Good Luck!!
I really like the Remington model 7 SS HS.

Nice .......... I like those 1st gen Model Sevens the best.
I've only got one Model Seven these days, and it's A 7mm SAUM. Started out as an LS model and I bedded it to a CDL handle.

Zeroed at 200.

Originally Posted by SuperCub

Nice .......... I like those 1st gen Model Sevens the best.

Those are both awesome. What calibers?
I don’t have any pictures (and wouldn’t know how to post them if I did), but I’ve got 3 Beanland Rifles built on Seven actions. Love them
[Linked Image]

Remington Mod 7MS . . . .350 Rem Mag and 7mm-08 Rem

I bought a couple of these from the Remington Custom Shop. Both are sweet rifles.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[Linked Image]

I bought a couple of these from the Remington Custom Shop. Both are sweet rifles.

I'd like to have one of those in 35Remington.
[Linked Image]

those are so nice looking and the 350 rem mag makes it sooo! cool!
Those model seven ms are so nice!!
I was at the range the other day and a senior had his Model 7 out. He was proud as a peacock. The gun looked great and he was still getting it done at +80 years old.

Model 7 stainless, Bartlein 1:8" twist 18 inch fluted barrel in .223, fluted bolt and slightly oversize bolt knob, lightweight firing pin, CDI bottom metal for AICS mags using Accurate Mag 5 rounders modified for greater OAL. Manners EH8, Talley rings, DPT overbarrel mini centrefire suppressor. Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 FFP M5. Bare rifle about 5.5lb, scoped suppressed and magazine 7.3LB. Shooting 80gr ELDM at 2810fps. Killed 28 big game animals in the last 9 months so far.
Just installed a Triggertech in this one today.

Originally Posted by snowboardguy

Very Nice!
M-7 stainless in 6x45. Timney trigger, bedded into a slightly shortened recent production factory stock with a flip-flop pad, 4.5x14 Burris Fullfield E1 sitting in the dreaded Talley LW's. Couple ounces under 7 lbs, loaded.

Originally Posted by Smilner01

Very Nice!

Finally got around to shooting this one. Pretty impressed with my first 2 groups out of it.

[Linked Image]

I have a model 7 MS in 222 rem I bought used off of GB several years ago and it’s one of my most accurate rifles. It really handles well with that stock and it’s one of my favorites.
My son took over my 708

My 7mm 08 is on the bottom, youth model in a full size stock.

162 ELD Smooches at 2650fps,from the 20". Hint..................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Ooopsie

Some simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.................

And and and then some….

LAUGHING! Hint....................

LAUGHING MORE!!! You and the highly experienced “MATHMAN” might get my mind right!!! Haha 😂😂😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]good filters for bettas

Liar LarryO and the www never disappoints!!! 😎
Karen's feeling are hurt,yet again. Hint..................

[Linked Image]

Wow, very cool. I never knew Remington had made a full Mannlicher stocked rifle.
Oooopsie, yet again!!! Haha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]good filters for bettas
Just might leave the “paradise “ [bleep]” longing for “more”….😂😂

Certainly not everyone,can afford a camera...let alone DBM Hint..................

Ooooopsie, some cull say “ camera”???? Haha

You’re “that” guy… 🤣🤣
Love the fishnigger on the right with his back turned!! 👍👍
It is a fascinatingly HILARIOUS constant,that those who can't even afford a camera,MUST steal pictures to obliviously quantify the validity of their Racial Slurs and showcase the "satisfactions" of behaving same. Congratulations?!? Hint...................

Stick's a deadhead.
Lol
Reeferlady,

Here's to the HILARITY,of you doing your BEST,with what incredibly little you "have" to "work" with. Hint..................

Send me sumthin to work with homey.
Took my first deer with this .260 25 or so years ago. Currently have it shooting 100gr BTs over bluedot courtesy of our resident expert on such loads. I’m now sitting next to my dad and we are headed down tomorrow to shoot a couple does with these 2250fps bad boys before letting my oldest have his turn next year. Could be worse.

Nice rifles!

Killed another of my patented monster forkies <g> with my .358 Model 7 this year. I’ve been using the 200-gn Accubond over RL7 for ~2675 fps (20” barrel) the last few years/ few deers and it’s a fantastic overall package. Pac-Nor (RIP!) barrel, B&C Alaskan stock, Swaro 3-10 in Talleys.

The rifle was originally a 7-08, and if it would’ve shot worth poop it probably still would be. That’s a nice combo too. I built a clone of the GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM (aka GAP 4s) and that’s made me interested in building another, lightweight one on a M700 or M7 action. The curse of owning the reamer, lol.

Can’t get powder to adequately feed what I’ve got, so it’s all on hold until things get back to normal, if they ever do.
Remington Model Seven KS 7mm BR, Leupold 2.5-8x36

Originally Posted by kandpand
Remington Model Seven KS 7mm BR, Leupold 2.5-8x36

One of my favorite model sevens!

What make is that stock? Very nice!
Originally Posted by MGunns

What make is that stock? Very nice!

That's an FS model with a brown precision stock. Weighs 6 lbs 2.7 oz as pictured.
Thanks. Just what I'm looking to build.
Model 7 7mm-08 18” barrel, McMillan KS Stock with a Timney trigger. Fourth hole drilled and tapped for scope base. Bolt fluted and all metal and stock cerakoted.

Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Model 7 7mm-08 18” barrel, McMillan KS Stock with a Timney trigger. Fourth hole drilled and tapped for scope base. Bolt fluted and all metal and stock cerakoted.

Very nice! Did Kampfeld do the fluting?

Very nice! Did Kampfeld do the fluting?

LRI did.

That’s f’ ing slick!

Both 7mm-08’s

Originally Posted by Gristle

That’s f’ ing slick!

Yep I really like that rifle
The camo is awesome!

Stock 308.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Left to right 223, 7-08, 260, 243, 300 Blackout that I just picked up today.
Originally Posted by gunner8305
Left to right 223, 7-08, 260, 243, 300 Blackout that I just picked up today.

All nice but love those XCRs! I've got one in 300 wsm
I always come back to this thread around this time of year and look at all the model sevens!!
M7 MS & M7 KS

https://imgur.com/a/EywOBol

Is that what I have here? I grabbed it a few hours ago not knowing exactly what it is.

What I do know:
Model 7
7-08 Remington
18.5" barrel
Matte finish
Used to have iron sights
Scope is a POS
Weight is 6 pounds 8 ounces.

What I don't know:
Who made the stock? It has "Remington" stamped in the recoil pad, which makes me think it's factory original.
Is this a special/limited edition from the factory?
What's it worth?

Thanks,

Okie John

Attached picture M-7 Right.png
Attached picture M-7 Left.png
H-S 243 [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I don't have any Pics, but my newest (to me) is a Mod 7 Predator ( all camoed) in .243 Win. Its at the smiths now for a new Trigger Tech, Pillar Bed/float and replacing that tiny rear receiver screw with a standard Mod 700 Receiver screw. Years ago, when I went through several Mod 7's, had Kepplinger Set triggers put in, same bedding/bolt but always put a standard factory takeoff ( or similar Shilen. Money problems got them all, but they were fun. I always used the stock Synthetic, worked just fine.
Originally Posted by okie john
Is that what I have here? I grabbed it a few hours ago not knowing exactly what it is.

What I do know:
Model 7
7-08 Remington
18.5" barrel
Matte finish
Used to have iron sights
Scope is a POS

What I don't know:
Who made the stock? It has "Remington" stamped in the recoil pad, which makes me think it's factory original.
What's it worth?

Thanks,

Okie John

Looks like an “FS” (fiberglass stock). ‘87-‘89
H, I, or J date code?
Factory offering; brown precision stock.
Thanks for the info. I stayed up late reading about it and the 7mm-08 cartridge last night. This little rifle is growing on me.

The bore is bright and the bolt face looks like it hasn't seen a full box of ammo go downrange.

Date code is PJ. I cleaned and lubed it this afternoon, got rid of the Tasco scope, and put on a Leupold 4x made back when they still held a zero. I'll probably hit the range with it tomorrow or the next day.

Any idea of value?

Okie John
1k (ish) to the right buyer; maybe less in Brandon world.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by okie john

What I do know:
Model 7
7-08 Remington
18.5" barrel
Matte finish
Used to have iron sights
Scope is a POS

What I don't know:
What's it worth?

Thanks,

Okie John

Looks like an “FS” (fiberglass stock). ‘87-‘89
H, I, or J date code?
Factory offering; brown precision stock.

Yup, looks to be an FS. If it's anything like my 308 it should be a shooter! Be sure to post a follow up.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
1k (ish) to the right buyer; maybe less in Brandon world.

Thanks.

Okie John
This is a Model Seven FS with the Brown stock. Chambered in 7mm-08. I painted the gray stock olive with black webbing. That’s a VX-R 2-7 with dual dovetail base and rings. This would probably be the last rifle I would ever get rid of, to me it’s perfection.
No pics as I do not have a model seven, however, the LGS has a sweet little Seven in 223 with a light colored birch stock (not laminated). Length of pull seemed to be youth sized. Very temping.
Originally Posted by miguel
This is a Model Seven FS with the Brown stock. Chambered in 7mm-08. I painted the gray stock olive with black webbing. That’s a VX-R 2-7 with dual dovetail base and rings. This would probably be the last rifle I would ever get rid of, to me it’s perfection.

That's a sharp rig Miguel. I set up my 308 FS similar to that but my scope is an older 3-9x33. I have to agree with you about how handy these are. I'd like to do something different with the stock on mine and maybe cerakote in the future as I don't think the parkerizing is very durable but boy do they handle and shoot nice.
They are damn fine rifles!!
Originally Posted by scoony
No pics as I do not have a model seven, however, the LGS has a sweet little Seven in 223 with a light colored birch stock (not laminated). Length of pull seemed to be youth sized. Very temping.

Check the twist. Many rifles of that vintage are set up for 55-grain bullets.

Okie John
Once again I'm back on this model seven thread. I wish they would bring them back!!
For some reason I have had thoughts of a Model 7 chambered in 300 Savage, about a 19-20" barrel. Sporter contour.

If I were to ever do it though I would probably just use a 700 action for the availability of aftermarket accessories and support.

Is there any real advantage of the 7 over 700?
While they are very similar, 700 parts are like a 350 Chevrolet motor. Model seven is shorter overall. Does require a specific stock, trigger and scope mounting. Advantage? No I guess not really enough for the trouble. A 300 savage on a model seven action with a 20 in mountain rifle contour barrel cut at 20" in a good handle would be awesome woods rifle.
Model 7 MS 7mm-08 with VX-2 2-7x28 Ultralight in S&K mounts.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight
While they are very similar, 700 parts are like a 350 Chevrolet motor. Model seven is shorter overall. Does require a specific stock, trigger and scope mounting. Advantage? No I guess not really enough for the trouble. A 300 savage on a model seven action with a 20 in mountain rifle contour barrel cut at 20" in a good handle would be awesome woods rifle.
That's what had me thinking of something like this.

Woods rifle generally from a stand or natural ground blind. Shots under 50 yards 99% of the time.
Originally Posted by TeeBone

Sharp rig.
Originally Posted by TeeBone

perfection!!!
Love this thread. 👍

Mine has been through some iterations as I think I’ve said here in past years. Started as a LSS in 7-08 that was an impulse buy at a local BiMart; it was a special order the original guy had bailed on. My gain! It was “ok” but not very accurate and after buying a Mountain Rifle in 7-08, which IS accurate, I had Pac-Nor rebarrel the Model 7 to .358, but as it was my first rebarrel I biffed and spec’d a numbered profile, complete with long shank. Hogged out the laminate stock to fit it, and ran it that way for years; it actually had many redeeming qualities, including a certain stable solidity in the hand due to the extra weight. Decided to mess with success and pulled the barrel off and had them re-profile it to a Rem Sporter to make it easier to use aftermarket stocks. This is the result.

20” barrel, B&C Alaskan stock, has the stock trigger adjusted to about 3 lbs, which is heavier than my “precision” rifles but perfect for this one where things happen at close range and drenched in adrenaline, haha… Swaro 3-10x42 in Talleys. I love this rifle. Currently running 200-gn Accubonds at around 2650 fps with RL7.

My oldest son putting the 7mm SAUM to work.
Originally Posted by Region6

My oldest son putting the 7mm SAUM to work.

Great smile!

Awesome pic.

👍
Sitting in a treestand with this one right now.

What are the deets?

What are the deets?

FS model. Brown precision stock, Leupold 3-9x33 in DD mounts, .308. Weighs 6.2 pounds as pictured. It's a joy to carry.

Sharp rig right there
Originally Posted by Ccard257
Took my first deer with this .260 25 or so years ago. Currently have it shooting 100gr BTs over bluedot courtesy of our resident expert on such loads. I’m now sitting next to my dad and we are headed down tomorrow to shoot a couple does with these 2250fps bad boys before letting my oldest have his turn next year. Could be worse.

Put this one in a youth stock I picked up from someone on here. Kiddo put it to good at the end of last season.

Anyone know the weight difference between the Model 7 with factory Tupperware stock vs the 7 with the H-S Precision stock?

Put this one in a youth stock I picked up from someone on here. Kiddo put it to good at the end of last season.

I like that congrats to your boy👍👍
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Anyone know the weight difference between the Model 7 with factory Tupperware stock vs the 7 with the H-S Precision stock?

My bedded factory Tupperware is 36.5oz. HS Precision that came from the factory on my kids 300 bo model 7 is 37.2 unbedded.
Originally Posted by LSU fan

My bedded factory Tupperware is 36.5oz. HS Precision that came from the factory on my kids 300 bo model 7 is 37.2 unbedded.

Thanks LSU. Contemplating the H-S as a replacement for the Tupperware stock my Model 7 currently wears.
The old pebble finish tupperware was indeed heavy. The later sps-style tupperware was/is about 10oz lighter.
Love them Sevens
Slow twist 223 Rem

My entries:

.260 Rem; Manners EH8 stock, 20" PacNor 3 groove 1:8 in a bartlein 2B profile, Timney trigger, in Graphite Black CeraKote

.350 RM, from the custom shop, was a CS model, but I had it CeraKoted in Midnight Blue and bedded in a Manners EH8. Now weighs just over 7lbs "all up with 4 225s.

Previously, a little "portly" at over 8lbs:

My hunting rifle practice gun, .223 in a HS stock:

Wow, NICE trio! I bet those Manners stocks are sweet. I’ve got one of their SL’s on a midweight SA M700 build. Also love the .223 practice rifle; I’ve got one built on a SA M700 and it’s my most-used rifle.

Do you run the .350 full-bore?
Here's one I have in 350 Mag in a Wildcat stock. Lively little thing on the bench.

Thanks LSU. Contemplating the H-S as a replacement for the Tupperware stock my Model 7 currently wears.

I like the HS more than I expected to. If it was 8 oz lighter I’d order one for my 260. Stockys is about to come out with a sporter style carbon fiber stock for the Mod 7. Am guessing it will be around 22oz. That will be my choice if I upgrade the stock.
Do tell us more about the Stocky's stock! I see that a vertical grip version is available, but nothing as far as a sporter. Vertical grip on a 7 just doesn't seem fitting.
Half tempted to pull the trigger on a HS from Redhawk Rifles during their Black Friday sale.
Do tell us more about the Stocky's stock! I see that a vertical grip version is available, but nothing as far as a sporter. Vertical grip on a 7 just doesn't seem fitting.
Half tempted to pull the trigger on a HS from Redhawk Rifles during their Black Friday sale.

Stockys had a thread on Rokslide asking for suggestions on which actions/rifles needed more stock options. I mentioned a sporter for the model 7. They replied that they were wrapping up design and hoped to have one out in a few months.

Stockys had a thread on Rokslide asking for suggestions on which actions/rifles needed more stock options. I mentioned a sporter for the model 7. They replied that they were wrapping up design and hoped to have one out in a few months.

I'll be watching for this one!
Wow, NICE trio! I bet those Manners stocks are sweet. I’ve got one of their SL’s on a midweight SA M700 build. Also love the .223 practice rifle; I’ve got one built on a SA M700 and it’s my most-used rifle.

Do you run the .350 full-bore?

Yea, I just can't bring myself to load it down.. and I just put together a 7600 in .358Win for the times I'd use a loaded down 350. I've got 2 scopes for the M7 in Warne QD mounts, the 2.5-8x36 as an "all around" sighted in for Horn 200 SPs and a Swarovski 1.25-4X sighted in for 225 NPTs. The 350 in a lightweight rifle, just sucks off the bench. From field positions it's not bad.

I shoot the crap out of the .223 practice rifle, cheap to load for and can do loong practice sessions.
A pair of 7mm SAUM in laminate, circa 2005, IIRC:

A 7mm-08 from 1989 FS tuned at the Custom shop:

More images coming..
© 24hourcampfire