Home
Posted By: Savage_99 Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
A push feed bolt action rifle can jam.

If the rifleman pushes the bolt part way forward and a cartridge starts into the chamber and then pulls the bolt back on a push feed action he can push the next round under the first and jam the rifle.

This is why manually operated battle and dangerous game rifles have been made with control round feeding.

Besides it's good machinery. If you can operate a Bridgeport or a South Bend you will know what I mean. If you don't know what a "Bridgeport" or "South Bend" is then you may not.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Has your dementia been diagnosed yet?
Posted By: Tanner Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Hiccup, a good sausage bear will always make woof

That trout burt hisself ?
Posted By: Dan360 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Sure, if you manipulate the bolt improperly, you can cause a malfunction.

But, think about it this way.....Any CRF fully automatic weapons? We sure do depend on a lot of push-feed weapons in battle.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by Dan360
Sure, if you manipulate the bolt improperly, you can cause a malfunction.

But, think about it this way.....Any CRF fully automatic weapons? We sure do depend on a lot of push-feed weapons in battle.

Full or semi-auto actions are less likely to jam in terms of a double feed.

I am talking about bolt action rifles.
So you're saying it's not the design, it's the fool behind the design?

I'm guessing you've had a push feed jam?
Micro weev Rifle dipper!

Work the bolt lik an ox grin
Dang Tanner, is kawi one of your professors? Couldn't resist <grin>
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
HELLO! GFY

LC
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by Savage_99

I am talking out my ass again.

We know.
I once had sex with a 700

We know that too....
Push Feed Jam needs your help!
Sounds like that dude doesn't know how to properly assemble a mag box and follower to me.

People also filled in the bubble next to Obama's name.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Gee dumb don....did you actually read the article?

Here
"before it can be controlled by the bolt and goes" " cattywompered"

grin

Dawn,

I'm lovin' the new avatar. When did you start endorsing 700s? You are big into McSwirlys too, right?

You know someone that uses "cattywompered" whilst describing a rifle malady is a real technical genius.
You can't argue with qualified ignorance fellas.

FWIW, in the course of the past 20 years or so and thousands of rounds, I have experienced exactly one "double feed" that wasn't intentionally set up as a training excersice. It was a "push feed" M16A2.
All my bolt rifles are push feed, and this has never happened to me. Ever.
Some also have problems finding the right gear when using standard transmissions or moving the lever to the correct position in automatics. However, most don't.

Worry sucks.
I do believe Savage99 needs to test ALL PUSHFEEDS to see if this happens with all of them. He could also publish an article.........oh that's right he is not a writer. Just an internet dingbat.
If you try to feed two thoughts into NotSaavy's brain at the same time, it jams...
Posted By: toad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

If the rifleman pushes the bolt part way forward and a cartridge starts into the chamber and then pulls the bolt back on a push feed action he can push the next round under the first and jam the rifle.

This is why manually operated battle and dangerous game rifles have been made with control round feeding.

Besides it's good machinery. If you can operate a Bridgeport or a South Bend you will know what I mean. If you don't know what a "Bridgeport" or "South Bend" is then you may not.

[Linked Image]

so, how did you get the bolt open without ejecting the first round? musta really had to work at that one.
When I saw who started this thread I figured no need to click on that....

Then I thought, maybe...just maybe...my fellow members would turn it into a place to stop by and ridicule the village idiot...

You guys never dissappoint! laugh

My .02 cents, just for Don...

Found his third grade pic...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
The funny thing about this idiotic thread for me is I know I've seen more CRF jams than PF jams. A properly tuned CRF is a joy to behold, but they're not all created equal. Generally speaking, I'd say the average PF is far more reliable.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

In your picture, the "jammed" cartridge does not appear to have started into the chamber as you describe. Further, it appears that the cartridge has somehow been extracted from the chamber and looks like it is still being held by the extractor. It almost looks like the cartridge is ready to be ejected if it were pulled back just a fraction of an inch further.

Could you please explain your picture further as to what is actually happening there, and exactly how you got the rifle into that condition?
Posted By: toad Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
for conversation...CRF can be induced to double feed just like that

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Dude...Salvage 99 cant explain the concept of an opposable thumb...perhaps because he has none.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by Brad
The funny thing about this idiotic thread for me is I know I've seen more CRF jams than PF jams. A properly tuned CRF is a joy to behold, but they're not all created equal. Generally speaking, I'd say the average PF is far more reliable.

This might be true. wink It's true that not all CRF's are created equal; and the existence of an external non-rotating claw extractor is NOT the only characteristic of a CRF action...few really qualify as CRF unless rounds are tailored to magazine dimensions nd all the other stuf works in coordination with the rest of the actions mechanics.

That said,what I have seen screw them up the most is that the idiots have not mastered the difficult task of pulling the bolt all the way back with either action type until it jams against the bolt stop .Why this is sometimes hard to do is a mystery.

A few weeks ago I ran three rounds rapid fire from a KS Mountain Rifle,operating from the shoulder, and it worked fine.Actually I do this stuff before I start measuring OAL, tweaking loads,jamming bullets into lands,and other assorted gobblediegook....if it won't go "bang" on command it's useless anyway.
I don't own one PF anymore, but I'm under no illusion they don't work if properly handled. The "Short Stroke" thing is something experienced by those who've never developed muscle memory by actually working a Bolt Action from the shoulder properly.

While experience can be fixed, stupid can't.

Which, for me, sort of sums up this thread...
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Brad you are a function Nazi... grin
Posted By: SKane Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Brad you are a function Nazi... grin

Yeah... laugh
Posted By: tzone Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Jam one up your ass and see how that works out.
Im feeling the love to the OP now! laugh
Before I got used to the length of travel on the bolt of my new USA made Model 70, I short stroked the bolt a couple of times causing exactly the kind of jam that the OP is talking about and that's a CRF action.

The bolt still pushed the next cartridge forward until it goes high enough for the extractor to grab it. This means this kind of failure is equally likely between push and controlled round feed. CRF is really just a push feed until the extractor grabs the cartridge. Just watch it cycle, it's nearly half done before it becomes controlled.

There is ABSOLUTELY no difference between the two designs for this failure.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Hey Poobah....is tzone a turdlike guy yet? If not he should be one step closer IMO. Nice work tzone.

Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Hey Poobah....is tzone a turdlike guy yet? If not he should be one step closer IMO. Nice work tzone.

Yeah, Tom's qualified, he just hasnt ponied up his annual dues yet..... wink
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah, Tom's qualified, he just hasnt ponied up his annual dues yet..... wink

Maybe he'll tell you pony those dues up your ass too. grin
Guns can jam? Jesus [bleep] Christ I had no idea.

Life as I now know it isn't worth living.

Wanna see a pic of a jammed CRF action too you [bleep] twat?
Posted By: deflave Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Dude...Salvage 99 cant explain the concept of an opposable thumb...perhaps because he has none.

This guy sent me a PM awhile back explaining I was on ignore.

Travis
Same here.

My feelers was hurt.
I could ignore both of you guyz...if it would help...

Course then the Randall, the 7x57, and the stepdaughters would all have to go somewhere else....
Originally Posted by Vanguard_Shooter
Before I got used to the length of travel on the bolt of my new USA made Model 70, I short stroked the bolt a couple of times causing exactly the kind of jam that the OP is talking about and that's a CRF action.

The bolt still pushed the next cartridge forward until it goes high enough for the extractor to grab it. This means this kind of failure is equally likely between push and controlled round feed. CRF is really just a push feed until the extractor grabs the cartridge. Just watch it cycle, it's nearly half done before it becomes controlled.

There is ABSOLUTELY no difference between the two designs for this failure.

Vanguard Shooter,

The CRF rifles I have don't double feed like your new M70 does.

I cycled my 1909 Mauser 30-06, Pre-64 M70 Custom 300 Win. Mag. and Styer Daimler .358 Win. Mannlicher. They will not double feed like you say your post 64 M70 (Classic?) does!

The cartridge rim snapped under the extractor immediately with significant force with the Mauser, Steyr and M70 and their extractors had complete control over the cartridge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I tried my Savage 99F .358 Win. and it controlled the cartridge like a true CRF should.

Then I tried my Sako L61R .375 Improved and it double fed and jammed like a push feed will. frown

It did not jam like the first photo I posted but fed the first round almost all the way into the chamber. The next round, even though it had a spitzer bullet, jammed behind the first round.

[Linked Image]

Not the best rifle for dangerous game! blush
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Has your dementia been diagnosed yet?

Savage must be used to short strokin' grin

Gunner
Posted By: mathman Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: smokepole Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Much too complicated what with the two straps and everything....
Video to help you understand!
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by SKane
[Linked Image]

LOL! grin classic.

You're making the mistake of concluding I don't understand, when it's really that I'm not concerned.
You're kinda late to the party mm...we are almost done with making sport of this dude....
where's Swampy when we need him?
"He is well paid that is well satisfied."
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

[bleep] you.
I'm well satisfied I don't add two and two and get five, although someone could probably figure out how to get that done too.
Posted By: slm9s Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Remember the 'US military sniper rifles' thread. The opening post was very similar. We all knew it was untrue crap spouted as fact. How many pages did that thread go?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
The problem with dumb dons thread and his a avatar is that it is not a push feed rifle it is a FN that is double feeding them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by Tom264
The problem with dumb dons thread and his a avatar is that it is not a push feed rifle it is a FN that is double feeding them.

[Linked Image]

LMFAO!
Posted By: Huntr Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]

LMFAO!

Too funny!
Posted By: rattler Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

the stupidity of Don strikes again.....any bets whether he just flat out ignores the fact this thread exists from here on out?
i bet he does change his avatar though...
Posted By: sactoller Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Jesus, between take a knee and this goon, we are being well entertained!

I would like to thank both the dolts for the laughs I have had this weekend!

Carry on!
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
OH [bleep].... "SUCKAGE 99" IS RUNNING HIS CORCKSUCKER AGAIN?1?!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

Here he was just testing us all along, and like dummies we fell for it. He's a sneaky one.....
Posted By: Steelhead Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

Man, you couldn't make this [bleep] up, I love it. I'd say more but Don only takes me off ignore long enough to send me a PM to say I'm on ignore.

Tuna noodle casserole.
Posted By: Vanguard_Shooter Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Vanguard Shooter,

I cycled my 1909 Mauser 30-06, Pre-64 M70 Custom 300 Win. Mag. and Styer Daimler .358 Win. Mannlicher. They will not double feed like you say your post 64 M70 (Classic?) does!

The cartridge rim snapped under the extractor immediately with significant force with the Mauser, Steyr and M70 and their extractors had complete control over the cartridge.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that's total horse [bleep] and it's not how CRF works. I just tried it on my Husq 96 Mauser and it is possible to jam it in the same way.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]

LMFAO!

Man Steelhead is right. You can't make up this kind of stupidity.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
I'm telling you guys, he's got dementia.
That's the kind of dumbphuckery that makes Lee24 actually look like an engineer.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13
Well, or at least sound like one. I don't think any of us ever actually got to see a photo of Lee24, or his .375 H&H, or the 500-pound packs he carries in the field, or....
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Well, or at least sound like one. I don't think any of us ever actually got to see a photo of Lee24, or his .375 H&H, or the 500-pound packs he carries in the field, or....

His super secret ID and a change of tactics, maybe? grin

He sent me a Christmas card and I saved his photo to share with the Campfire...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/04/13

...the photos of he and Ingwe cuddling to stay warm?

Ed
This thread is in the...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ldholton Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13

[Linked Image]
yet anouther great example of a mentally ill person with a firearm
Posted By: toad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Savage_99 (Member #4200)
User
Registered On: 09/01/03 07:23 AM
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Laffin'
Way to go dumb don.......cat got your tongue?

Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
This is the best Thread Ever
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by toad
Savage_99 (Member #4200)
User

It's threads from morons like this that make me want to go out and [bleep] all my CRFs. Maybe you guys have EMBARRASSED this goofball enough he might go away permanently...
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
I knew the guy was a total buffoon, but geeeeeesh.......!
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Savage_99 (Member #4200)
User

It's threads from morons like this that make me want to go out and [bleep] all my CRFs. Maybe you guys have EMBARRASSED this goofball enough he might go away permanently...

I think you should get rid of all of your CRF's.... whistle
Posted By: kutenay Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Yup, me too and the first one that Jorge ought to dump is this old P-64 Mod. 70 Alaskan-.338WM. It was built in Winny's custom shop and his fine lady wife gave it to him as a birthday gift, but, given this, he should just mail it to me.......

Dang! Am I a kindly old phart or what. eh! wink

As to "Savage 99", welllllllll, he sometimes posts pix of some neat older rifles, but, he sure seems a bit "confused" about them at times......
Originally Posted by raybass
I do believe Savage99 needs to test ALL PUSHFEEDS to see if this happens with all of them. He could also publish an article.........oh that's right he is not a writer. Just an internet dingbat.

grin..Now that's funny laugh
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
You seriously can't script this any better.

Don, you don't even need a CRF rifle. You don't hunt! You that worried about a jam at the range? LMAO.
Originally Posted by kutenay
Yup, me too and the first one that Jorge ought to dump is this old P-64 Mod. 70 Alaskan-.338WM. It was built in Winny's custom shop and his fine lady wife gave it to him as a birthday gift, but, given this, he should just mail it to me.......

As to "Savage 99", welllllllll, he sometimes posts pix of some neat older rifles, but, he sure seems a bit "confused" about them at times......

Hey now Kute, you have plenty of those 338's....Let someone else have a turn grin
Posted By: kutenay Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Age before beauty, my son, but, if the importer I would use here, "Prophet River Firearms" in Alberta, should suddenly call and tell me that a long package from Florida, has arrived and will be on DHL to Vancity, tomorrow, I will then put you in my will! smile

Posted By: Brad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by Brad

Like I said...
Posted By: SKane Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by bearstalker
You seriously can't script this any better.

Don, you don't even need a CRF rifle. You don't hunt! You that worried about a jam at the range? LMAO.

This has always been my contention with the guy. Same goes for the guy in the hunting optics forum that evidently only hunts high voltage signs on pump shacks. sleep
Posted By: ColdBore Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13

Yeah, I do that all the time.

I decide I want to shoot, so start a round in.

But then I remember I'm scared of guns, so chicken out and start to pull the bolt back.

But then my little voice says "Man up you puzzy!", and I get brave and push it forward again.

And whaddaya know? I'm screwed again.

I HATE it when that happens! mad
Posted By: rattler Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Yeah, I do that all the time.

I decide I want to shoot, so start a round in.

But then I remember I'm scared of guns, so chicken out and start to pull the bolt back.

But then my little voice says "Man up you puzzy!", and I get brave and push it forward again.

And whaddaya know? I'm screwed again.

I HATE it when that happens! mad

shoot some cock on closing rifle for awhile(SMLE's, 1895&1896 Mausers, M1917's, ect) and you dont have to worry bout this kinda thing laugh
Posted By: medicman Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
There is a particular sound a SMLE or 96 mauser makes when worked correctly that is music to the operator's ears. No failure to feed or eject ever results with full force foreward and full force rearward the full direction. All of my bolt rifles are worked this way. I have never had a failure to feed or eject.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Laffin'

Savage_99 (Member #4200)
User
Registered On: 09/01/03 06:23 AM
Posted By: rattler Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
a SMLE was one of my first centerfires.....now i run a bolt gun to both stops every time....
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Laffin'

Savage_99 (Member #4200)
User
Registered On: 09/01/03 06:23 AM

Dumb dons avoiding this thread..
Everytime he brings up any crf crap I'm gonna give him a link to this thread.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Bump
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
I think he is limited to soft foods and rubber spoons.

Its alright Don......It'll all be over soon.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by kutenay

I don't think she'd approve! Love my PRFs and my PFs but given a choice, CRF all the way. To keep on topic, Salvage99's still an idjit..
He's copied and pasted the same crap over to this forum:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8788091#post8788091
Posted By: efw Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Stupid people post!
Posted By: CLB Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by RDFinn
That's the kind of dumbphuckery that makes Lee24 actually look like an engineer.

Well, at least Don can operate photobucket. smile

Lee was just smoke and mirrors. You have to admit that Don is farkin hysterical though. Although there might be one or two members who might take him seriously...
Posted By: ingwe Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
And both of them are VERY new....
Originally Posted by MojoHand
If you try to feed two thoughts into NotSaavy's brain at the same time, it jams...

LMAO
Posted By: 1minute Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
I liken this to a recent commercial dealing with folks that break their fishing rod tips by slamming them in doors, tailgates, and trunk lids.

The solution- "don't do that."
Posted By: Karnis Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by Vanguard_Shooter
Vanguard Shooter,

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that's total horse [bleep] and it's not how CRF works. I just tried it on my Husq 96 Mauser and it is possible to jam it in the same way.

Are you the the same lame brain from THF that tried to convince everyone than shooting 160gr. bullets out of a 7mm-08 at 2800 (Vanguard) was perfectly safe? Then provided some jicky link where you could just add powder indefinitely until a certain velocity was reached? IIRC you also stated that you only had a few primers fall out of the brass and it wasn't a big deal?

I think so. Go back to THF and try to your crapola there again. You know nothing of what you speak. Idiot.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/05/13
When I saw who started this thread I figured no need to click on that....

Then I thought, maybe...just maybe...my fellow members would turn it into a place to stop by and ridicule the village idiot...

You guys never dissappoint! laugh

My .02 cents, just for Don...

Found his third grade pic...

[Linked Image]

He had a cute teacher .... let's get her nekkid and on the 223AI thread
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Bump, for the fun of it..
Posted By: ingwe Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Dat was mean...but it did make me find another pic of Don....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
I tried my Savage 99F .358 Win. and it controlled the cartridge like a true CRF should.

Then I tried my Sako L61R .375 Improved and it double fed and jammed like a push feed will. frown

It did not jam like the first photo I posted but fed the first round almost all the way into the chamber. The next round, even though it had a spitzer bullet, jammed behind the first round.

[Linked Image]

Not the best rifle for dangerous game! blush

A speer is good for dangerous game...if you know how to use it! Man was at the top of the food chain long before CRF.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

...the photos of he and Ingwe cuddling to stay warm?

Ed

Ingwe does not belong in the same sentence with the other bloke.
Posted By: 40O Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Thanks everyone. It�s been awhile sinceI've had a good chuckle, and I was in need of one.

If anyone wants to take a picture of gold coins, cash and nice rifles lying on a bed and make a wager I'd appreciate it immensely.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: CRF Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
where's Swampy when we need him?

My god. That is genius. #1 Idiot v. #2 Idiot.

Of course they're probably the same troll. Would be fun to see them fight though.
Posted By: tzone Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Dat was mean...but it did make me find another pic of Don....

[Linked Image]

LMAO
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13

[Linked Image]

I'm embarrassed.

Gunner
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Not half as embarrassed as savvy99......
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Not half as embarrassed as savvy99......

But he knows how to post pics and I dont. shocked grin

Gunner
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Wow- this has thread been one serious shellacking. Am guessing we won't see Sav99 again -but will see a brand new member's first post soon.
Posted By: rattler Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Wow- this has thread been one serious shellacking. Am guessing we won't see Sav99 again -but will see a brand new member's first post soon.

nope not his MO, he will keep posting under his current handle and pretend he never made this thread.....
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by rattler

nope not his MO, he will keep posting under his current handle and pretend he never made this thread.....

This.
[Linked Image]

This is how it's done in Canada. There's always some tard like 99 with a Habs shirt to laugh at.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/07/13

I would not bet on it...it will make not one iota of difference to him.
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/07/13
What was the question again wink
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/07/13
Dumb dawn and wrongman are new best buddies.. I couldn't think of a better match.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Come on dumb don.....don't you wanna play anymore?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Retard's hanging out at the short range shot thread...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Retard's hanging out at the short range shot thread...

Savage 99 went to the zoo.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Have nothing against anybody here, but this is some funny sheet.

And Ingie, thanks for finding my lost school pic. Mom will be very happy.
Posted By: cobrad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Too funny! This thread had me laughin the entire read.
I don't know who S99 is but he seems to catch a lot of $hit on a regular basis.
Posted By: las Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
I didn't even bother to read all the above posts.

Any rifle can jam.

Can't recall when any of mine, either mag fed or push fed have..

Weak mag follower springs have sometimes failed to feed, however. Replace them.

Posted By: TBS Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13

[Linked Image]

And according to you, Remington bolts all fall off too.
Originally Posted by TBS

[Linked Image]

And according to you, Remington bolts HANDLES all sometimes fall off too.

fixed for accuracy...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Is this place still open for stopping by and calling Don a moron?
But of course...
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Is this place still open for stopping by and calling Don a moron?

It's always open to kick dumb don in the nuts......
Posted By: 28lx Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/08/13
Push feed or CRF dont be a puss work the bolt like you mean it and problems dissapear.
Is not the Savage 99 not a push feed ?
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Is not the Savage 99 not a push feed ?

Actually no the 99 is CRF.
You can empty the gun by cycling the lever 1/2 way closed, it will pick up a shell & eject it without closing the bolt.

My M-77 Ruger on the other hand will cycle a round from the mag to chamber even if the gun is held upside down....thought that might be important if anyone is charged by a grizzly while lying on their back wink...just don't short stroke it or we all know what happens grin
This thread can't die yet.

Bump for dumb don
Posted By: las Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by TBS

[Linked Image]

And according to you, Remington bolts all fall off too.

Well, not all of them - but I have re-silver soldered two Rem bolt handles back on for customers - none on my own Rems however. I keep my reloads not tooo hot.... and watch the brass, regardless of rifle brand and caliber. smile

In any case, if a jam isn't a mechanical problem, then it is an operator problem...
My Winchester 70 push feed cycles upside down just fine. It never occurred to me that this was a desireable feature till I read the interweb about how it was essential if I ever go to Africa. I am good to go.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
I took a push feed 7x57 to Africa three times. It is vitally important that it feed upside down in Africa, where we were hunting was south of the equator so everything was.....well....upside down! grin
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
I've never had a pushfeed jam. I have had CRF rifles jam more than once.
The CRFs wouldnt jam if you held them upside down....
Posted By: Brad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
My Winchester 70 push feed cycles upside down just fine. It never occurred to me that this was a desireable feature till I read the interweb about how it was essential if I ever go to Africa. I am good to go.

Everything needs to feed upside down if you live South of the Equator... of all people you should know that.
Thanks for having my back on that Brad.... wink
Posted By: Brad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
grin
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
Never thought about the equator thing...that's works.

Must be really tough at the South Pole.
And the Coriolis effect is a real bish! If you have a right hand ( clockwise) twist in your rifle and hunt south of the equator, the bullets come out of the barrel all confused....
That's why I thank the lord every night that I was born in North America.
And the Coriolis effect is a real bish! If you have a right hand ( clockwise) twist in your rifle and hunt south of the equator, the bullets come out of the barrel all confused....

So that's why T/C made a left hand twist rifling on that .357 max 14" handgun barrel I used to have.........for the South Pole.
Now I understand.
Its also why I missed a warthog on my first trip...

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it! grin
Its also why I missed a warthog on my first trip...

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it! grin

Warthog on the South Pole??? Dang! Learn something new everyday.
Sweet.
Posted By: 28lx Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
Do the toilets flush backwards also?
You aint gonna believe this ( well, maybe you might...) but the first thing I did on my first trip when I got to Joberg was run into the mens room and flush the toilet...yep, counterclockwise.... grin
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/10/13
You aint gonna believe this ( well, maybe you might...) but the first thing I did on my first trip when I got to Joberg was run into the mens room and flush the toilet...yep, counterclockwise.... grin

After that flight I'm sure it had plenty in it to confirm the rotation eek
Yeah, but if your already south of the equator, and you work your rifle upside down...then that means...that it wouldn't be going clockwise, or something...I will ask the OP to clarify this with a picture. He's the very man. Do push feed rifles jam more often north of the equator or south?
I think you guys are finally on to his point. Also, you have to have a CRF rifle in Alaska because of its proximity to the North Pole and all the magnetic interference which also causes jams on push feed rifles.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/11/13
All those who have had a jam with a PF rifle, raise your hands.

All those who have had a jam with a CRF,raise your hands.

All those who can cycle a bolt from the shoulder,put 3 shots into 8" at 75 yards off hand in under 10 seconds, raise their hands.

smile
Posted By: elliesbear Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/11/13
I just want you fella's to know [since I'm hunting and shootin' in my 8th decade] all this talk bout dementia and soft foods is downright insultin! Wait a minute, what is this thing ya'll keep callin' dementia, I know I've heard it just can't remember?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 03/11/13

smile

Dumb don = [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/12/13
Hello, I am new to this thread. What is this CRF you speak of?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/24/13
Just tooooooooooo good to die
Posted By: jwall Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/24/13
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

I am surprised that no one answered your ?

C ontrolled R ound F eed. >> as in Mauser, Win 70 bolt design.
Posted By: senior Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/25/13
Originally Posted by 28lx

OK...so I been con-tin-platin this phe-naw-minaw for a month now.

What happens when you flush said toilet on the equator
Does it just go straight down?
Does it just stall out & do nothin?
Does anybody have a toilet on the eequator confused

Or is this a true "push feed" as opposed to a "controlled feed" disposal!!
i have had malfunctions with both push feed and controlled round feed rifles, the most common being the round jumping out of the magazine box prematurely.

This has primarily occurred in both custom and semi custom rifles, not in unmodified factory rifles.

it has never happened in a mauser 98.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/25/13
Originally Posted by senior
Originally Posted by 28lx

OK...so I been con-tin-platin this phe-naw-minaw for a month now.

What happens when you flush said toilet on the equator
Does it just go straight down?
Does it just stall out & do nothin?
Does anybody have a toilet on the eequator confused

Or is this a true "push feed" as opposed to a "controlled feed" disposal!!

Maybe why no one seems to know the answer.

Could be uncharted waters... blush

DF
The same kinda person who says PFs "jam" more than CRFs is the same guy too [bleep] stupid to take his stock off and strip a gun apart. "I never done that stuff before. That's for gunsmiths."
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/26/13

The threads on here get dumber by the day.

When they run out of dumb one's, they just go back and resurrect one.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/26/13
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

CRF = Cranky Redneck F's.

Heck why not, it makes as much sense as the op's posts.
To answer the most important question on this thread, right on the equator, on a container ship anyway, the water doesnt go down clockwise or counterclockwise, when you flush the toilet it sort of fights both ways and then goes down...

To take the thread seriously for a moment, as to jamming in push feeds or CRF - by far the most jamming, unreliable feeding has been with Mauser actions. Either poorly made ones, or actions chambered in cartridges different to the standard Mauser size and the feeding not being addressed properly or at all. There are also Mauser-type actions that are not strictly CRF either, although they claim the function.

I cannot recall a pushfeed rifle I have owned that has not fed properly. I have not owned any Remington 700's yet, but pushfeed Winchesters, Tikka's, Sako's, Ruger 77's, BSA rifles of different models, even Winchester lever actions, others I probably cant recall now.
I am pretty certain on this, because I cannot abide a rifle that will not feed well and reliably.
Posted By: temmi Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/26/13

I cannot recall a pushfeed rifle I have owned that has not fed properly. ...

This
Posted By: medicman Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/26/13
Actually I use both. Work the action as designed. Full force open full force closed. Problem illiminated if rifle set up for chambering properly.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/26/13
Originally Posted by medicman
Actually I use both. Work the action as designed. Full force open full force closed. Problem illiminated if rifle set up for chambering properly.

But then, you'll never have double stacked photos for the Fire... shocked

DF
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/27/13

All those who can cycle a bolt from the shoulder,put 3 shots into 8" at 75 yards off hand in under 10 seconds, raise their hands.

smile

This is just Bullchitt. I never had anything like that happen. Even with a single shot or lever gun or my M1 or a Sux. Or a RSB. Or a Mouser. WTF does it all mean? Does Gus know?

D

PS: I'll take that 10 sec. bet. laugh
Posted By: Ready Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/27/13

smile

I will see your 3 shots into 8" at 75 yards and race you for 8 shots at 3 yards in 75 seconds.

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/27/13
Buckshot and smoothbores were invented to avoid such silliness.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/28/13
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Buckshot and smoothbores were invented to avoid such silliness.

Are you saying they don't double feed or jam or both? I'm cornfused.
Posted By: raybass Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/28/13
Good to see you up and running Karnis.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/29/13
Originally Posted by raybass
Good to see you up and running Karnis.

+1

DF
Posted By: MIKE HUNT Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13
You're doin' it wrong...
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13

smile

Maybe you should ask the OP to raise his hand if he knows the difference between a CRF and PF rifle first.

Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13

One of the funniest things I remember on my boat was watching a bunch of guys in the head huddled around watching it glow from bioluminescence every time they flushed it. Actually, OlBlue may have been one of them!
wink
Posted By: PathFilmsNZ Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13
1967 called, it wants it's argument back
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13
Originally Posted by temmi

This

Really... confused I mean seriously you guys have never had a rifle that did not have a function problem,as in feeding,extraction ejection.....ever... confused

And I am not taking swipes at PF either;you can throw CRF rifles into the mix as well.

I think you guys have been really lucky. smile
Posted By: cobrad Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13
The worst feeding rifle I ever owned was a full custom built on a true controlled feed model 70. That thing would not feed when I first took possession. It didn't want to eject especially well either. My push feeds have actually been smoother and more reliable than the CRF's I've had.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 04/30/13
Whoever built that M70 obviously didn't have an apostrophe in his name..
Originally Posted by cobrad
The worst feeding rifle I ever owned was a full custom built on a true controlled feed model 70. That thing would not feed when I first took possession. It didn't want to eject especially well either. My push feeds have actually been smoother and more reliable than the CRF's I've had.

I went to a school where they trained girls to cut hair. Walked out of the place with a crew cut whistle
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/01/13
Originally Posted by cobrad

The problem we have is that too many of us assume that because a rifle has an exposed,non rotating extractor,that it's CRF
which ain't true at all... smile

CRF is a system,depending on many elements....and confusing many designs with a true Mauser 98,or properly tuned pre 64 M70...is where a lot of folks get fooled. frown

They still ain't made one as good as a true Mauser 98....but even those can get screwed up by ham-fisted gunsmithing.

The guy with the apostrophe in his name.does know how to make a M70 work prper, but he is not the only one. grin
Originally Posted by temmi

This

Really... confused I mean seriously you guys have never had a rifle that did not have a function problem,as in feeding,extraction ejection.....ever... confused

And I am not taking swipes at PF either;you can throw CRF rifles into the mix as well.

I think you guys have been really lucky. smile

I hope to remain lucky too - I hate it when rifles dont feed properly or extract right....
I managed to jam a Winchester 94 once which is a push feed....I loaded it with four .30/30's and a 7mm08. smile
Posted By: Zrack656 Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/02/13
If I turn my Dodge hard right a 80 mph on the highway it will jam itself into a tree. A Chevy would probably be better.

-S
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/02/13
Originally Posted by Zrack656
If I turn my Dodge hard right a 80 mph on the highway it will jam itself into a tree. A Chevy would probably be better.

-S

If it can't be worked hard and still function properly,it ain't worth owning. smile
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/03/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Whoever built that M70 obviously didn't have an apostrophe in his name..

Chris Angel has nothing on those guys.
Posted By: 28lx Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/03/13
I took my CRF 30-06 turned it upside down next to my push feed 30-06 ejected a loaded round into the push feed rifle from the CRF rifle.It must not have fed right the push feed rifle jammed.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/03/13
Mark Penrod...
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Push Feed Rifles Jam! - 05/03/13
I don't usually shoot more than one animal at a time, unless they're lined up, so I'm okay with any of them. That said, I can foresee the day that my shooting deteriorates and would be more concerned with shooting stuff more than once.
© 24hourcampfire