Home
Posted By: barm New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Remington's new 2016 Catalog is on their website.

http://www.remington.com/
Posted By: jdunham Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Man, they don't carry squat anymore for rifles. If you want a 30/06 or 270 you can buy about any model you want. The lack of short action cartridges in most of the models puzzles me, not to mention the numerous cartridges they have just abandoned. Doesn't phase me much as I build what I want now but I feel bad for the average guy who would like to go out and buy a rifle to hunt with.
Posted By: barm Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
I know what you mean. Most of the Remington rifles I bought recently are used ones made in the 70's and 80's.

The catalog mentions an ADL in a wood stock to be made in 243, but doesn't show a picture. I found a link on this website with some more detail.

https://www.ocfirearms.com/remingto...t-stock-with-fleur-checkeri-p-21420.html
Posted By: Ken_L Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Just because Remington puts it in their catalog doesn't mean you will find one on your dealers shelves or even the internet.
Posted By: barm Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by Ken_L
Just because Remington puts it in their catalog doesn't mean you will find one on your dealers shelves or even the internet.

True.
Posted By: jwall Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by jdunham
Man, they don't carry squat anymore for rifles. If you want a 30/06 or 270 you can buy about any model you want. The lack of short action cartridges in most of the models puzzles me, not to mention the numerous cartridges they have just abandoned.

IMO that just tells us that the SA aren't selling very well.

Remember we are a small group of the buying market. AKA loonies.

Jerry

btw - I only have 1 true SA. 700--.243 that belonged to my Dad. My Son has claimed it.
Posted By: Homesteader Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
jwall - "... tells us that the SA aren't selling very well." IF Remington actually believes that .242W,7mm/08R and .308W (all short actions) don't sell well somebody in their Sales/Marketing group is blowing great gobs of smoke up senior management's butz-IMHO. Just can't believe that...A catalog screw up perhaps?
Homesteader
Homesteader -

time will tell, we'll find out.

Jerry
Posted By: Homesteader Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
jwall - +1 on that. Homesteader
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by jdunham
Man, they don't carry squat anymore for rifles. If you want a 30/06 or 270 you can buy about any model you want.

It is depressing to thumb through an old '70-'80s Remington catalog and remember what the USED to offer. I miss the days when the 700 could be had in just about anything from .17 Rem to .416 & .458. At least the CDL SF in .35 Whelen is interesting. If I needed another Whelen, I might be tempted.
Homesteader -

? Maybe ? People aren't buying 'Rem', S A rifles. I'm just guessing and do NOT know.

Jerry
Posted By: rahtreelimbs Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Still no stainless Model Seven?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Isnt it odd how they used to make adl, bdl, and varmint. But there were a lot of cartridge choices, now there are a lot of models but not chamberings. One has to either get the model or take whatever gun to get their cartridge.
Posted By: moosemike Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
IIt is sad that we are in a day when cartridge options seem to be shrinking. A generation ago there were so many options and now its just the basics. Whatever pleases the bean counters has trumped what impresses the looneys.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
The Seven stainless is listed.

The V3 autoloader is the big one, if they can get it into production in time for summer and fall. They've delayed it now for two or three years. But if it is as good as purported, it will make a big stir in the market.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Isnt it odd how they used to make adl, bdl, and varmint. But there were a lot of cartridge choices, now there are a lot of models but not chamberings. One has to either get the model or take whatever gun to get their cartridge.

That's probably what got them in financial rough shape, too many models and chamberings, when they were selling the big four mostly anyway.
Making a lot of chamberings and having most of them sit on the shelf doesn't pay the bills.
By getting leaner on chamber offerings, they can make some money instead of losing it.
Granted, sometimes and often, all it takes a chamber reamer (which they cut themselves) to chamber another cartridge, but then there's marketing, making and selling ammo (no ammo, no sales, right?) and other considerations.

That's likely why Remington quit on the .17 Fireball, and a host of other nice chamberings, so early. They weren't the sales wonders they were after.
It's all about money, after all. You can't pay the bills without sales.
Posted By: camera_dude Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/07/16
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
At least the CDL SF in .35 Whelen is interesting. If I needed another Whelen, I might be tempted.

I wouldn't mind to snag onto a new 35 Whelen and I've always liked the CDL SF. How many of these "special ones" do they produce?
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/07/16
I didnt see the Model 700 XCR II listed, I hope I just overlooked it somehow.........Hb
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Still no stainless Model Seven?
Not only is the Model Seven SS listed but I bought a new Seven SS in .223 Rem a couple months back and I have seen every chambering listed on the shelves except I have not seen one in .300 WSM in person yet but I have seen one on gunbroker.........Hb
Posted By: Big_Red Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/07/16
Nothing new for lefties that I saw...
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/07/16
You actually found a new Seven SS in 223? Wow--I haven't seen any.

Does it have the 9 twist as advertised?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/07/16
Every couple of years somebody comes out with the next big thing in autoloading shotguns. Remington will now have 3 lines of autoloaders. I thought the 11-87, then the Versa-Whatzit were going to solve all our shotgun woes. Who the heck is buying all these $1200 shotguns and what happens to all the old, "obsolete" models? At least this new one looks like a shotgun. Some of the ones out there are so ugly they'd gag a maggot off a gut wagon.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
You actually found a new Seven SS in 223? Wow--I haven't seen any.

Does it have the 9 twist as advertised?
yes it does.......Hb
LOVE idea of a CDL SF 35 Whelan. LAUGH how they brought out the "all new" stainless/synthetic and blued/laminate Model 7s. Among other things.
Posted By: camera_dude Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/08/16
I didn't see any specifics listed for the Model 7 Laminate. Odd that they'd list it as 'new" and then not tell people what it will be chambered in, etc. I'd consider one in .350 Rem Mag.
Posted By: JPro Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/08/16
I like the looks of their version of the DPMS GII AR in the 308-based chamberings. Didn't see much else that excited me.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/08/16
Originally Posted by camera_dude
I didn't see any specifics listed for the Model 7 Laminate. Odd that they'd list it as 'new" and then not tell people what it will be chambered in, etc. I'd consider one in .350 Rem Mag.

It says in the caption 223, 243, 7-08, 308, and it claims 18.5" barrel with sights. Their captions don't always align with their production, but at least that's what might happen.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/08/16
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Every couple of years somebody comes out with the next big thing in autoloading shotguns. Remington will now have 3 lines of autoloaders. I thought the 11-87, then the Versa-Whatzit were going to solve all our shotgun woes. Who the heck is buying all these $1200 shotguns and what happens to all the old, "obsolete" models? At least this new one looks like a shotgun. Some of the ones out there are so ugly they'd gag a maggot off a gut wagon.

This one is the real deal, if they produce enough of them without problems.

They are street-priced in the $700s, and are a direct counter to a Benelli/Beretta, primarily the Benelli in my estimation as a hunting gun. The Remington is gas and USA-made, looks like a shotgun, and doesn't need to be cleaned much. If it works like the prototypes have, then Benelli will have a challenge on their hands.

1100/1187--legacy offerings, just because they can sell some
VersaMax--for 3.5" mags, heavy, goose/turkey mostly
V3--for an all-around, lightweight, gasser that shoots itself clean
Posted By: camera_dude Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/08/16
It says in the caption 223, 243, 7-08, 308, and it claims 18.5" barrel with sights. Their captions don't always align with their production, but at least that's what might happen.

Thanks. I didn't notice that. None of those really interest me, however. The .308 would be fine, but I don't need another. I was hoping that with open sights, it would be chambered in at least one heavier short-action caliber (.350 was my guess... though obviously wrong).
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/09/16
Wish they'd extend the XCR coating into other lines...

Hope they've got their WSM's actually functioning as repeaters. The LSS I snagged as a donor would literally not feed the 2nd round about half the time. The other half, it would feed the cartridge, but it was like trying to make it do something it was never intended to do. It was a magazine/follower issue as a Wyatt's box made it feed perfectly.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/09/16

This one is the real deal, if they produce enough of them without problems.

They are street-priced in the $700s, and are a direct counter to a Benelli/Beretta, primarily the Benelli in my estimation as a hunting gun. The Remington is gas and USA-made, looks like a shotgun, and doesn't need to be cleaned much. If it works like the prototypes have, then Benelli will have a challenge on their hands.

1100/1187--legacy offerings, just because they can sell some
VersaMax--for 3.5" mags, heavy, goose/turkey mostly
V3--for an all-around, lightweight, gasser that shoots itself clean

That would be good, if they can make 'em work at that price and if they point and balance well. I would like very much for Big Green to get themselves turned around.

I just picked up a nearly pristine 1967 A5 Light Twelve for $750 myself. Pretty sure THAT one's gonna work.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/10/16
I had a customer tell me that he heard Remington was dropping the Model 7 Predator, and he wanted to order one if that was the case. I called Remington Customer Service and was told that they had quit making the Predator and the 11-87 was also being dropped. I was able to get him a Predator in 223, and also ordered a stainless Model 7 in 223. Remington today is not the Remington of your daddy's era.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/10/16
I thought that they had already dropped the Predator completely two years ago, but it is listed there again in the current catalog. But they often don't produce what is listed.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/10/16
Remington is certainly not the Remington of the old days, much of the info in their catalogs of last several years is incorrect, especially when it comes to the specs.................Hb
Posted By: jwall Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/11/16
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Remington is certainly not the Remington of the old days,....Hb

Sooo sad but true!!! However it seems that many firearm mfgs. suffer the same.

It's almost enuff to make an old man cry! cry

Jerry

Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I didnt see the Model 700 XCR II listed, I hope I just overlooked it somehow.........Hb

?? Interesting.

Looks like Remington dropped the 375 H+H, 338 Winchester Magnum, and the 338 Remington Ultra Magnum too. If the new catalog is correct!
Posted By: ingwe Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/18/16
I thought that they had already dropped the Predator completely two years ago, but it is listed there again in the current catalog. But they often don't produce what is listed.

I just looked at their new catalog and couldn't find a Predator.......
Just talked to the Remington customer service folks. No regular XCR's for 2016. Get 'em while you can!!
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: New Remington Catalog - 01/19/16

Let's not forget the 105 CTI! I bet the putz that designed that one is working the assembly line in a [bleep] factory now...
© 24hourcampfire