Home
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
Link to $1599 synthetic black Sako 85 rifles, shipped for $969.

Several chamberings available, including Swede.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-synthetic-black.aspx

DF
Posted By: JackVliet Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
Never have leftys for sale.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
You lefties need to file a class action descrimination law suit...

I'm not in the market for a Swede, got an email from Europtic and thought the price was attractive.

The Sake 85 is reportedly a good one.

DF
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
I paid $1100 for mine a couple months ago....
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
Which chambering and how do you like it?

DF
Posted By: sjspin Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/24/17
I have one that has been a nightmare. I didn't want to dump it on someone else as a dog and I'm in it for a McMillan, custom bedding/pillars and am having a new barrel put on it. It's now nearly full custom. I can't recommend it.

The stocks are very flimsy. The rubber coating on the stock was peeling. Not worthwhile. The action is great and feeding from the magazine is great. However, it wouldn't shoot consistently and groups were all over the place.

I had a .270 win. I'm having a 6.5x55 barrel put on. Good luck.
Posted By: sigguy Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/25/17
I have one in 308, and have had great luck with it.It was super easy to sight in, and is very consistent. I find the Finnlight stocks completely serviceable, and the grippy finish nice in wet weather. They are definitely a step up from basic injection molded stocks.

Mine is a couple of years old and is wearing well. Although Beretta customer service doesn't have the best reputation, I'd think that they would replace a defective stock without too much hassle.

IMO $969 is a great price.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/25/17
Originally Posted by sjspin
I have one that has been a nightmare. I didn't want to dump it on someone else as a dog and I'm in it for a McMillan, custom bedding/pillars and am having a new barrel put on it. It's now nearly full custom. I can't recommend it.

The stocks are very flimsy. The rubber coating on the stock was peeling. Not worthwhile. The action is great and feeding from the magazine is great. However, it wouldn't shoot consistently and groups were all over the place.

Before going thru all the rebuild, did you ever consider calling Sako, maybe sending it back?

Going from .270 to Swede, a ray of sunshine for an otherwise gloomy episode.

DF
Posted By: cervus Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/25/17
Originally Posted by sjspin

That rubber coating coming off the stock is I believe a known fault and locally berreta have been replacing stocks with new sako ones....
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/26/17
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Which chambering and how do you like it?

DF

308 Winchester, yet to deploy it. Just ordered the rings for it yesterday. Being a Finnlight, it should be as wonderful as my other Finnlight.
Posted By: sjspin Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/26/17
Dirtfarmer, I did send it back. That's another story. I ended up sending it to Accuflite after speaking with owner. He seemed to have a handle on the issue. Mine might have been an outlier, but the stock was very weak and the bedding system is " interesting". I believe I had a bad barrel, which can happen. I'm going non fluted on the replacement.

Again, very smooth action and great feeding. I really like the magazine configuration. The ejection issue is real, but manageable. I wouldn't do it again, but now I have the basis of a fine rifle.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/26/17
Thanks for that followup.

I've had Sako's in the past, never an 85.

DF
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Sako Syn. Black Rifles - 06/26/17
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Thanks for that followup.

I've had Sako's in the past, never an 85.

DF

I have had as many as four 85's, all short actions. I now have two, a 300 WSM & a 308 Winchester. Both of them are Finnlights. I am most likely to keep them and sell my other long guns.
© 24hourcampfire