Home
My daughter will be going thru Hunters Ed soon and turning 10 allowing her to hunt this fall. Obviously - she just has to have her own rifle. My son - who is now 12 has a very nice custom 6.5 creed I built him, but it is too much rifle for her to shoot. I have a 22 creedmoor build underway, but its for me and wont work (full size stock, heavier barrel) So I need to figure out something for her.

She loves shooting my AR and recoil wise handles it just fine. Again - she shot my sons 6.5 once and that was way too much. Legally in Idaho, you can hunt deer with a .22 caliber, I just don't know if I am sold on the .223 for that task. Yes I know it kills thousands of deer every year and bullets and placement are the most important, but there are some big tough Mountain Mule Deer were we hunt and even if its purely a mental thing, I would just feel better about something more.

She wont be shooting long range (Probably 2-300 max) and that's assuming she practices enough and I feel comfortable in letting that happen. And she is smaller framed, so the rifle will need to suit that as well. Here are the options in my head:

Tikka 8 twist 22/250 with a compact/youth stock shooting 75 grain bullets
Tikka 243 or Ruger American 6 creed with reduced loads based on her tolerance and ability to shoot - both with a replacement compact stock.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Will keep it simple with a 3-9x40 FFII on top as I have a NIB one setting in the safe.
6.5 Grendel or your .22-250 plans. If you are going to reduce loads with a .243 or 6 Creed why not do the same with the 6.5 Creed? Recoil will be likely very close regardless....
Originally Posted by GregW
6.5 Grendel or your .22-250 plans. If you are going to reduce loads with a .243 or 6 Creed why not do the same with the 6.5 Creed? Recoil will be likely very close regardless....

Good point, I still think the reduced loads option may still be too much. I don't know much about the Grendel - I really had my head around the 22/250 option.
A 6.5 100 grain ballistic tip at 2650+ using under 30 grains of powder in a mid weight rifle is a sweet deal especially at the ranges you stated.
Originally Posted by GregW
A 6.5 100 grain ballistic tip at 2650+ using under 30 grains of powder in a mid weight rifle is a sweet deal especially at the ranges you stated.

Yep. I'd go this route and start her with Trailboss loads to get her comfortable. Move up to the 4198 loads a bit later. Both of my daughters shot centerfire youth 700 rifles in 260/7mm-08 with Blue-Dot or Trailboss at age 7 or so. The 4198 loads are good killers inside 150yds or so.
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
My daughter will be going thru Hunters Ed soon and turning 10 allowing her to hunt this fall. Obviously - she just has to have her own rifle. My son - who is now 12 has a very nice custom 6.5 creed I built him, but it is too much rifle for her to shoot. I have a 22 creedmoor build underway, but its for me and wont work (full size stock, heavier barrel) So I need to figure out something for her.

She loves shooting my AR and recoil wise handles it just fine. Again - she shot my sons 6.5 once and that was way too much. Legally in Idaho, you can hunt deer with a .22 caliber, I just don't know if I am sold on the .223 for that task. Yes I know it kills thousands of deer every year and bullets and placement are the most important, but there are some big tough Mountain Mule Deer were we hunt and even if its purely a mental thing, I would just feel better about something more.

She wont be shooting long range (Probably 2-300 max) and that's assuming she practices enough and I feel comfortable in letting that happen. And she is smaller framed, so the rifle will need to suit that as well. Here are the options in my head:

Tikka 243 or Ruger American 6 creed with reduced loads based on her tolerance and ability to shoot - both with a replacement compact stock.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Will keep it simple with a 3-9x40 FFII on top as I have a NIB one setting in the safe.

18" Rifle Gas FF AR in M4 223. Zero recoil,more than plenty of ass,cheap to shoot,no blast or bullschit and will fit her like a glove. Hint.

The FF glass proposed is a piece of fhuqking schit.

Let her have FUN with said platform and then as she grows(literally),do a second rifle. I'd be in 10rd ASC,75 Hornie HPBT and Lever' Mode at 2850fps...with a CMC Flatty. 6x MQ,hold The Fluff and let her STEAL The Show. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'....................
Get a 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC II Upper for your AR. Recoil in either cartridge is mild, just a bit more than a .223, and benefits further from being in a gas gun.

Your daughter already shoots an AR, so the ergonomics would be familiar.

I shoot Whitetail deer with my 6.8 and I have no doubts it would killl mike deer.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

She does enjoy shooting the AR. It is only a 16" barreled model but if I stuck with it - I'm not concerned about the velocity lost. Maybe a 69,75, 77 grain bullet in the AR would be better than I think?

(Side note, this AR is an 8 twist - any issues shooting 75-77 grainers? All our practice has been with 55grain target ammo to date)

Have to research the Grendel upper option.

Being a Bolt Action guy - I am going to have to come around to the idea of Big Game hunting with an AR.
Would be shooting a Barnes 55 or 62 TTSX for deer if it were me out of that AR.
I started my oldest with a 14.5” AR shooting 75 hpbt. At longer ranges we had a few rodeos even with good shot placement.

Last year I put together a 12.5” barrel 6.5 Grendel “pistol” suppressed and had great luck for the kids. Low recoil, low report, and clean killing with 123 eld factory ammunition.

Here is a post with the results from last season: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...season-with-the-6-5-grendel#Post14356670

Not to bad mouth the 223 as I’ve had great success with it in the past.
I shoot 224,243 and 264 Grendel Gassers. As per the application cited,the 223 is gonna bear more fruit,simply because Proficiency will help punch more Tags,than a headstamp swap EVER will. Hint.

As projectiles go,I've shot everything cited and the 75 Hornady cuts to the fhuqking chase,from any/all angles and I purty sure that a 2850fps launch was plainly cited,for a couple/few fhuqking reasons. Hint.

Keep the front scope ring,on the receiver proper too. Hint.(grin)

Thank me later.

Hint.............
How about a Weatherby Vanguard Camilla Rifle in .243?
With the VG Vanilla in 243,you "get" a Retard Twist Rate and a buncha' fhuqking noise. Hint.

No kid likes shooting a 243(ANY fhuqking 243),more than a 223 and especially a 223 Krunchenticker. HINT.

This schit is VERY fhuqking easy,so quit trying to fhuqk it up. Hint.

Thank me later.

Hint................
Howa Mini Action in 6.5 Grendel cut down or rebarrelled to 18”? Could put in a adjustable stock and add the Aftermarket bottom metal. I have a with the 20” #1 barrel on a youth stock but think they stopped making them. Personally trying to decide if rebarrel or sell as suppressor on way and need a thicker profile. It’s a great fun though.
Never have heard of them either...shaking my fhuqking head. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy how you gals wish to turn things into a DUMB Fhuqk Tournament. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pretty fhuqking funny! Hint.

Some folks actually shoot more than a smidge and ain't forced to fhuqking guess. Hint. Laughing!

Thank me later.

Hint................
My boy who is 9 and on smaller frame size, can shoot my tikka 223 all day long from the bench. I think trigger time and low to zero recoil is the key. She can have that 223 for life for plinking or varmint or deer with proper bullets.
Obviously next year when my boy comes out deer hunting, I’ll carry a bi or tri pod for him. Right now, off bench he can hit 8” gong consecutively at 200 yards.
223 will be a GREAT way to teach her how to track game....

Laughing........................
A couple of things here. A kid doesn't have to worry about twist rate in that they ain't going to be shooting very far. All though all children are different my daughter killed her first deer with a 7mm-08 at age nine. I also know the the Weatherby Camillia stock is womens specific and works well for for most women and younger girls. The plus side is it is a rifle your daughter can keep and use for a lifetime. Due to twist and future use the Creed may be the best choice and load it down, but folks have been doing just fine for many years with 10 twist 243's and 7mm-08's.You can rebarrel in the future too. I know for a fact that women like the stock design of the Camllia and it fits them well. The AR is a good choice too but if at this age you want something she can use and will also be a keepsake the Weatherby is where it's at.
I would be in either 6 or 6.5 Grendel mode in a light handy bolt package but we have a 6mm minimum for big game in WA state
These deer were taken by my daughter with a TC Encore 7mm-08 at ages 9,10,11, and thirteen. At age nine and ten we hunted out of a ground blind and she used shooting sticks. At age thirteen she hunted by herself for the first time in a climbing tree stand. But again kids develop at a different rate physically. The Camillia fits her perfectly now and would have then too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Started my boy with a 77 243 at 7 when he got his license, daughter a model 7 260
Rifle mechanics,are VERY intimidating to many and always to THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks. It is HILARIOUS,how RPM flies over the pointiest heads,yet after their Whining and Excuses,Window Lickers come full circle back to it,unknowingly. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

There's is NOTHING redeeming mechanically about a Howa Vanilla and especially in 243. Nor will it ever be some "heralded" "keepsake",though Weatherby offers it to tug at Emotions,rather than Mechanics. DUMB Fhuqks will perhaps fall prey,to that bait. Hint. LAUGHING!

With a .243" boresize minimum,the 243 Grendel Krunchenticker would certainly get the nod,as would a 270 Turnbolt and a 6BR Turnbolt,all with 105 Hornie HPBT's. 'Course I shoot all of them too. Hint.

I missed where this was a High Fence Haybale & Crockett "adventure" and if so,I do apologize,as I was talking The Real World,mainly because I live there. HINT.

The M4 brings much to the table,as a Gas Passer reduces felt recoil by literal design and it's no thang to roll a 243 Grendel so configured and besides makin' PERFECT Sportin' Sense,one could factor the Political Sense too,given the climate and it'll certainly outpace a VG Vanilla for warm fuzzy,decades from now. Puns be intended. Hint.

Trigger time do more favors,than anything else. Hint.

Thank me later.

Hint................
You did miss it though. Not a high fence but it is a low fence. Ever heard of a cow pasture? The fence ran through the woods and deer jump it all the time as it is an electric fence. Young ones try to go under it and it is funny to see. You do have some good info from time to time but you are wrong about the fit of the Camillia for women and girls. It does make a difference. It is a fine firearm that fits them well. It's a damned wonder us men and especially women ever killed a critter before fast twists and high BC bullits.
CryingWhiningTrying,

Perhaps I didn't see the fence and ONLY caught it,after your "explanation" of same?!? Then again,mebbe not. HINT. LAUGHING!

I have seen a girl before. I have seen a stock before. Believe that or not. Hint.

The VG Vanilla has you fixated,mainly because you are a CLUELESS Fhuqk,which IS funny. Not so very fhuqking curiously,it is 1-8" RPM in 6.5 Kreedmire,which will shoot it all. 1-9.5" in 7-08,which will shoot 162 ELD M's. 1-10" in 308,which will stabilize 208's...so they are "fast twist",less you even having a fhuqking CLUE. So the tears are unwarranted,though fhuqking hilarious and their 243 effort an extreme Goat Fhuqk. HINT.

Holster your STUPID,shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same,because NONE of it is "subjective",despite your VERY Tender Feelers. Hint. LAUGHING!

A chambering can only be as goos as it's bullet. To purposely hamstring a chambering,due mechanics,is simply fhuqking STUPID,whether you've got the 17 IQ Points requisite to "understand",or not. Doubly so in something which by default,has the COAL to connect dots. Hint. LAUGHING!

You wondering aloud,why you are such an AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,is not without it's merit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by CWT
You did miss it though. Not a high fence but it is a low fence. Ever heard of a cow pasture? The fence ran through the woods and deer jump it all the time as it is an electric fence. Young ones try to go under it and it is funny to see. You do have some good info from time to time but you are wrong about the fit of the Camillia for women and girls. It does make a difference. It is a fine firearm that fits them well. It a damned wonder us men and especially women ever killed a critter before fast twists and high BC bullits.

Stick the stock fits the women and girls well and the young girls ain't shootin far enough for any of your twists and BC's to make a difference. Due to the design of the stock recoil is less offensive to women vs a standard stock designed for men. This is a proven fact. So really you are the one who is clueless on this aspect. In this case I am right and you are wrong and nothing you say can change that fact. Man up and except it. You can be wrong from time to time and I can assure you no one will think less of you because of it.
Originally Posted by CWT
Stick the stock fits the women and girls well and the young girls ain't shootin far enough for any of your twists and BC's to make a difference. Due to the design of the stock recoil is less offensive to women vs a standard stock designed for men. This is a proven fact. So really you are the one who is clueless on this aspect. In this case I am right and you are wrong and nothing you say can change that fact. Man up and except it. You can be wrong from time to time and I can assure you no one will think less of you because of it.

CryingWhiningTrying,

I just "might" have a "few" stock patterns and a CH of cast off is hardly "new",nor Ground Breaking. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll happily "except" the fact,that you are a CLUELESS Fhuqk,trying to polish a turd,because the only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination. Were I forced to "speculate",I'd say the OP had a picture earlier in the Thread,of a little girl happily slugging away on an M4 handle. It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that I've seen the same thing,but only 1000's of times. Not that Brokedick High Fenced "adventures",ain't to be taken SERIOUSLY. Then again! HINT. Laughing!

It'll also only come as a "surprise" to someone as Fhuqking STUPID as you,that Pre-64 70's in '06(amongst many others),have lonnnggggg been "fast twisted",despite your NOT having the foggiest fhuqking notion about same. Reserve RPM,simply bolsters Terminal Effects and there is NO downside to the equation,no matter the size of your Hissy Fit. NOBODY rebarrels an '06 to 1-14",to make it "better". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and having had females gun more different platforms in a single outing,than you've seen in your "life". There is no way to talk a Retard Twist Rate 243Win purty,no matter how fast you stomp your feet,nor how long you hold your breath. Hint. LAUGHING!

Dangle a pic of said VG Vanilla,say sumptin' about boolits and mounts/glass,to only corroborate your INCREDIBLE Fhuqking Stupidity even further...though obliviously. DARE ya'. HINT. LAUGHING!

You wondering aloud,why you are such an AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,is not without it's merit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Good night Stick. Past my bed time. Me and the GSP's have to get up early in the morning and lick some windows.
CryingWhiningTrying,

I am VERY "surprsised",because I REALLY was "convinced" you were gonna dangle pics of said Goat Fhuqk and "tell" me "more". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Don't get lost in the Pasture,nor hung on a fence,with the morning's "Adventures". Hint. LAUGHING!

Been "slow" here,given all the dust and this Global Warming. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
If you're willing to deviate from a bolt action, have you considered a lever gun? I've got one in 25-35 waiting for the kiddos to be old enough to take simple shots at deer. Recoil is nonexistent and the Model 94 Short is great for smaller frames. Plus you get the heirloom factor. Just a thought from a fellow traveler in the land of imagination and pretend...
clockwork stupid,

There are fewer bigger pieces of fhuqking schit,than 94's in general and 25-35's in particular. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides,girls cain't shoot Levers,due the fact there is NO cast-off. Especially with "too much twist rate". Hint. LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie! 7-08/162's 6x MQ.

Were something like that,to "work" for a girl(of ALL things!),it'd prolly be a "fluke". Hint. LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie! 7-08/162's 6x MQ.

Just sayin'. Hint. LAUGHING!

You gals REALLY "know" your stuff. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Funnier than fhuqk,to watch you gals TRY to keep pace.

Hint.

LAUGHING!!!!!!!..........

I bought my wife a compact .243 for hunting and it collects dust. To be in a light enough for her to carry comfortably, it had to have a fairly short (20") barrel and that makes it LOUD. Muzzle blast is as important as recoil when it comes to developing finches and poor shooting habits.

She enjoys shooting my tikka .223 and is very proficient with it. Its become her go-to rifle. I'd have no hesitation shooting a whitetail with a. 223 and good quality bullets. Seems that none of the ".223 is too small!" crowd has ever actually tried it. They're just parroting what they heard back in the days before heavy premium .224" bullets as the gospel.

My recommendation for a bolt gun is a Tikka T3 compact .223 with 1:8 twist. If she's comfortable shooting an AR then rock on!
243 Ruger American with 2 stocks. 80 gn. TTSX. And at 9 years old she will get a hell of a lot more done than a troll who gets more BS said than ever done.
My 10 year old daughter killed her first deer this past fall with 6.5 Grendel. She is petite, but could easily handle the recoil. I loaded it with 100 Nolser BT at ~2650 fps. The gun is a Howa Mini Action that with scope and bipod probably come close to 9 lbs. I did put a short LOP Boyd's stock on it for too.
EmptyDan,

I've never seen one of them there High RPM Teekers. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

In OEM guise,they are a COAL Goat Fhuqk. Toss 'em an AICS DBM and dots connect by default. Hint. LAUGHING!

Just sayin'. Hint.

That bein' said,I don' think a girl could shoot one,because there's NO cast-off. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

KenBitchigan,

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've never seen a RAR,especially in .243" bore size. "tell" me "more". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

Justa'Kchunter,

I've never seen one. Re-Hint. Re-Congratulations?!? Re-LAUGHING!

Re-Oooooopsie!

Re-Hint.

Re-Laughing!................
Hiaring8

How will you be hunting? From a stand, or on foot? That would make a difference in my view, as to the weight and length of the rifle.

Does it have to be a repeater? My own preference, with my kids, was a single shot. This can be made up into a very light outfit, and gives you more barrel length for a given overall length. It is also easy to see that the action's open, especially for you as the supervsing parent, and easy for your kid to close it silently when they are ready to shoot too (something more difficult to accomplish with an AR15). It also imposes a bit of a discipline to know that you only have the one shot. Of course if you are shooting from a stand you could have something a bit heavier, provided your shooter can bring it to bear, and that will both make it sit a bit steadier and recoil less for a given load.

I haven't shot your whitetail deer, but I have been pretty happy with how a suitable .224" bullet kills fallow deer, goats and pigs here. It doesn't even have to be a particularly heavy or streamlined one, if you get in close enough and put the bullet in the right spot, and I would have thought that getting in close and being sure of putting the bullet in the right spot are the skills you want to encourage in the kids, but I can only speak for myself on that - your kids are your affair.
I would recommend 223 64 gr. Sp in a fast twist AR platform. Federal makes it. Light recoil and the adjustable butt will fit her better. Good luck!
Jan,

Handing a kid or anyone else a schit rifle,is a dirty fhuqking trick. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Stupidity isn't a fhuqking "discipline",it's a plight and them differences are fhuqking stark. Hint.

Dangle some pics of said Goat Fhuqks,because it will be funnier than schit! Bolt Guns and Gassers,ONLY "work" from VERY "far" away. Where do you Drooling Fhuqktards come up with this schit?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

MelanieChang,

That boolit is easily whooped,in ALL avenues,to "only" include Terminal Performance,Precision,Consistency,Flight Characteristics,Cost and Utility...if only for starters. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Stick,

I've never had a COL problem in my Tikkas. Mine will put 62gr ttsx, nosler 64gr bonded, and 60gr partitions into tiny groups though, with plenty of horsepower to take deer out to 300 yards. Swapping out the mags is unnecessary for OP's purposes.

OP,
I don't think there's a deer alive that would know the difference between getting hit with a .223 and a .22-250. .223 will also be cheaper to reload and easier to find factory ammo for.
Originally Posted by dan_oz
I haven't shot your whitetail deer, but I have been pretty happy with how a suitable .224" bullet kills fallow deer, goats and pigs here. It doesn't even have to be a particularly heavy or streamlined one, if you get in close enough and put the bullet in the right spot, and I would have thought that getting in close and being sure of putting the bullet in the right spot are the skills you want to encourage in the kids, but I can only speak for myself on that - your kids are your affair.

Not that it necessarily changes anything caliber/bullet/gun wise - but we aren't shooting 100 pound whitetails where we hunt. This is big country from 4-9000' on the edge of the Frank Church wilderness with big trophy mule deer that can approach 250 pounds. Also - not expecting her to kill this caliber of deer for her first deer - but her dad may have a bit of an ego to find his kids good deer.... cool

Good lord, a AR platform is the last thing I’d give a kid.. fuuck me to tears, your not spinning turrets, she’s 9 years old for Christ sake, get her a decent 243, decent glass and go hunt.

You listen to the stupid Alaskan that kills 70lb deer in June/July her advice might rate a thunk....

Laughing...................................................................
Originally Posted by Judman
Good lord, a AR platform is the last thing I’d give a kid.. fuuck me to tears, your not spinning turrets, she’s 9 years old for Christ sake, get her a decent 243, decent glass and go hunt.

You listen to the stupid Alaskan that kills 70lb deer in June/July her advice might rate a thunk....

I'm not an AR guy (not condemning, just not what appeals to me), and I agree. Would rather start kids on something classic that they can then pass along to their little ones one day. .243 is a solid starter if you want a bolt action. We're splitting hairs on volume. ALL rifles are loud to a 9 year old, and all 9 year olds should be wearing ear protection even when hunting.

And I would use 100 grain Nosler Partition's for hunting and a cheaper 100 grain bullet for practice.

Then let her practice,practice and more practice!

Not that it necessarily changes anything caliber/bullet/gun wise - but we aren't shooting 100 pound whitetails where we hunt. This is big country from 4-9000' on the edge of the Frank Church wilderness with big trophy mule deer that can approach 250 pounds. Also - not expecting her to kill this caliber of deer for her first deer - but her dad may have a bit of an ego to find his kids good deer.... cool

WOW! Nice bucks and beautiful country!
'8,

You gotta be REAL careful,as you could end up with "too much" RPM and "not enough" cast-off. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless theDroolers' hearts for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!................
Lot's of suitable rounds have been mentioned. You can weight the pro/con on each.

Thinking about platform...... I'm not an AR guy but they will certainly work. One of the big draws of them for a youth is the M4. I'm not a chassis guy either but they do allow M4 adjust ability for your choice of a bolt gun and are very shootable. Something like the MDT LSS gives you lots of options on what you want to drop in it and you can always find a use for the chassis or keep using it with how you have it set up for anyone as it's a one size fits all.

https://mdttac.com/us_en/lss-chassis-system.html

Just something to think about.
Those are some nice bucks! As I keep hearing reduced loads And reloading, I think I am sticking with 223 Comment and some Heavies.
Trigger time and comfort where she can actually be hitting her target is more important then big bullet in the shoulder or the guts.
If you must have something bigger like 243/6 or 6.5, maybe switch it for the hunt and with the adrenaline, she won’t even know the difference in recoil.
Love spending time with the kiddos out there. Good luck to you guys!
If she is comfortable with the M4 chassis I can’t see using anything other than 75 HPBT or 77 Sierras for some deer hunting buddy. Should be able to get her relatively close and a ton of trigger time to make her comfortable.

Ultimately if she’s shot it a pile, then the shot is instinct and she will just have to contend with a bit of buck fever but pressing the trigger will be second nature. Get her as close as you can. The little 5.56 will work. Plus, in the open areas you’re hunting mule deer if they run a 100 yards it shouldn’t be a big deal before they croak and they will croak.
Never heard of 'em. Hint.

LAUGHING!

I'm still thinkin',that some folks simply shoot it all and then some...if only to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

Hiaring,

I have daughters as well, but went a slightly different direction.

In Colorado minimum caliber is 6mm, so I built 16" and 22" AR uppers in 6x45. With the 22" and 90gr NBT I'm getting about 2700fps.

The adjustable stock is nice while they are growing. Once they are bigger and can handle normal rifle loads we can expand their options.

It's just another option to consider.
The 270 is a BUST in a Krunchenticker,due COAL. LOVE 'em in a Turnbolt and prolly have a "few". Hint.

In a Krunchenticker,the 224 and 243 Grendels are VASTLY superior Mouse Traps,due again to COAL and "too much twist rate" and zero "cast-off" due the buffer tube's alignment. Hint. LAUGHING!

223AI and 270...75'Max and 105 Hornie HPBT's respectively and they's HeartTakers. hint.

The 6BR ain't no slouch and I dig 'em from 18-23". Hint.

Suplized nobody has mentioned the KHornet yet?!? Hint.

I'm still thinkin',that some folks simply shoot it all and then some...if only to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Originally Posted by chefcreed
Howa Mini Action in 6.5 Grendel cut down or rebarrelled to 18”? Could put in a adjustable stock and add the Aftermarket bottom metal. I have a with the 20” #1 barrel on a youth stock but think they stopped making them. Personally trying to decide if rebarrel or sell as suppressor on way and need a thicker profile. It’s a great fun though.

If you decide to sell that one give me a shout.
If your state DNR allows it, the .223 Rem will work just fine. All of my kids, nephews, and kids of friends I assisted all cut their hunting chops with a .223 Rem.

My youngest boy started out with the lowly .22 Hornet and 45gr. Nosler Solid Base. He killed a sheit ton of animals from white tail to red deer without issue.

Little to no recoil, minimal blast, and easy to build to fit them. Lots of bullets or even factory fodder off the shelf to choose from that will kill ethically and efficiently. Cost is lower than other options, and the kiddos can get in a lot of range time to become confident and proficient.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 270 is a BUST in a Krunchenticker,due COAL. LOVE 'em in a Turnbolt and prolly have a "few". Hint.

In a Krunchenticker,the 224 and 243 Grendels are VASTLY superior Mouse Traps,due again to COAL and "too much twist rate" and zero "cast-off" due the buffer tube's alignment. Hint. LAUGHING!

223AI and 270...75'Max and 105 Hornie HPBT's respectively and they's HeartTakers. hint.

The 6BR ain't no slouch and I dig 'em from 18-23". Hint.

Suplized nobody has mentioned the KHornet yet?!? Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

What is the purpose of the colored tape on all your rifles?
FO',

I prolly should run some glass out the kitchen window and grab some reticle pics for you,before the light flares HARD.

Been ALOTTA folks who've [bleep] a 223,if only because they've NEVER seen a sound rifle,sound boolit or sound glass...let alone all in conjunction and how easy it is to reliably do,what they thought minutes prior was "IMPOSSIBLE". Lotsa Peezer Rifle Length Gassers in this AO,for "some" reason?!?(grin)

I've seen me help more than a few Manufacturers with Sales,to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Never been tough to factor,who shoots and who don't.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

FOAM,

Tape?!? Never have seen or used it. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
Im confused. Hint? Maybe sarcasm... What is the purpose of it? Is it for quick ID in the safe? Does it mark a certain power of scope?
If she likes to shoot the AR and wants to hunt, you're more than halfway home. Just use a good bullet and get her lots of practice shooting off of a pack or bipod in field positions.

In the last 10 years I've used the 75 grain Amax, 75 hpbt, 60 grain Hornady Interlocks and 62 grain TTSX from 223's. Last year I slummed plain Jane 55 Hornady soft points, the kind you get in the 50 count box, for several deer. This year I used a 55 grain TSX on a spike and a 62 grain Federal Fusion on a fair sized 7 point. Never had a rodeo with any of them.

This past fall I guided a 10 year old nephew on a hunt and he used a single 62 Fusion on another 7 point. The Fusions left tremendous wounds and I would not hesitate to use them on very large mule deer.

A fast twist 22-250 would be even more of a good thing. A collapsible AR butt stock on a chassis rigs would be LOP perfection.

Guiding kids who want to hunt is a blast.
Originally Posted by OAM
Im confused. Hint? Maybe sarcasm... What is the purpose of it? Is it for quick ID in the safe? Does it mark a certain power of scope?

Cause that damn Butler Creek chart is too hard to comprehend. So, get caps that are close enough and go for it. Problem is- when you throw the rifle on the rocks in water next to a dead fish, the ill fitting scope caps tend to go bye bye faster than a twist rate on a smooching creedehorrer.
Having a 223 and 243, the 223 with the right bullets seems better suited for a young hunter. Although I like the 243 for it's longer range potential, and it's nice to have both, the 243 is a bit of a boomer with a 22" tube.

But if I was an experienced reloader(or was planning to start), and buying a custom fast twist barrel, think I'd go for the 6BR.

Nice deer
The 77 grain TMK in a fast twist Tikka 22/250 is a deer murderer, light and no recoil
[Linked Image]

There's some good looking deer there. 250 lbs would be a bit bigger than the general run of our fallow, for which a buck will probably not be much over 220 or so before the rut starts. Good luck with your daughter's hunting.

Why? It seems like the ego’s of an AR would be beneficial to a kid. Coming from someone who thinks a 6mm 80 BT is so great, why is anything 223 is no good!?!?
Originally Posted by MTDan
Stick,

I've never had a COL problem in my Tikkas. Mine will put 62gr ttsx, nosler 64gr bonded, and 60gr partitions into tiny groups though, with plenty of horsepower to take deer out to 300 yards. Swapping out the mags is unnecessary for OP's purposes.

OP,
I don't think there's a deer alive that would know the difference between getting hit with a .223 and a .22-250. .223 will also be cheaper to reload and easier to find factory ammo for.

EmptyDan,

Simply pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint. Congratulations?!?

All of the projectiles you cite are Dog Schit,though in fairness,the 62X is the best X going. BC's are schit,which translates into velocity being thrown away,they'll drop/drift more too...none of which is warm or fuzzy. I shoot 'em all. Hint.

I've got a box with 5,000+ 64's somewhere,but this relates,with a 75 and 88 ELD,as I've got all of my 90's loaded up. Hint.

Swapping out mags for more COAL is a fhuqking REQUISITE,because the OEM form is simply absolute fhuqking SCHIT. ASC AR mags have greater COAL. HINT.

In fairness however,the Teeker 8" '250's have the correct COAL in OEM guise,to gun 88's,which is simply the extent of platform's stability. Hint.

One might even consider punching same out to 224 Speedmire. Hint.

NOBODY has more love for a GOOD 223 Than me,but the TEEKER 8" 223 in over the counter form,is simply a steaming pile of fhuqking schit,due COAL. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Thank me later.

Hint....................

Jess,

She cain't afford anything worth a fhuqk,nor can her "family" or "friends",so she's never seen it. Hint.

Don't tease her.

Hint.

Stick,

OP,

EmptyDan,

All of the projectiles you cite are Dog Schit,though in fairness,the 62X is the best X going. BC's are schit,which translates into velocity being thrown away,they'll drop/drift more too...none of which is warm or fuzzy. I shoot 'em all. Hint.

I've got a box with 5,000+ 64's somewhere,but this relates,with a 75 and 88 ELD,as I've got all of my 90's loaded up. Hint.

Swapping out mags for more COAL is a fhuqking REQUISITE,because the OEM form is simply absolute fhuqking SCHIT. ASC AR mags have greater COAL. HINT.

In fairness however,the Teeker 8" '250's have the correct COAL in OEM guise,to gun 88's,which is simply the extent of platform's stability. Hint.

NOBODY has more love for a GOOD 223 Than me,but the TEEKER 8" 223 in over the counter form,is simply a steaming pile of fhuqking schit,due COAL. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Thank me later.

Hint....................

Jess,

She cain't afford anything worth a fhuqk,nor can her "family" or "friends",so she's never seen it. Hint.

Don't tease her.

Hint.

Am my the only member that finds these post by Stick completely unintelligible? I know He will fire back saying "you stupid fhuqk" and "bless your heart for trying".
It really seems as if you have a tenuous grip on the English language in general. You know when you say "hint" after every paragraph and your actually explaining something its more than a hint. Its at least (in your mind) a fact. You dont have to say "hint". It doesnt make any sense. Also, start putting a space after commas. Do you know what congratulations means? Take a breathe and realize people are reading these posts to learn. Would you walk into a library and see somebody reading The Catcher In The Rye and call them a "stupid fhuwk" for having not already read it?
Good luck on your mental health. Really, get the help you need... Hint
I've started 3 granddaughters out shooting and hunting. We used 243's and 25-06's that I downloaded in the beginning according the Hodgdon's formula which states one can load as little as 60% of the maximum published load of H4895 for a given caliber and bullet weight. Here's a link about it https://imrpowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/h4895-reduced-rifle-loads.pdf As the girls grow, I adjust the powder upward and by the time they hit 18, they are shooting full power loads.

We spent a lot of time in the beginning at the range with 22 lr rifles learning how to shoot an accurate shot.
Phil
CUM,

I VERY much enjoyed your Hurt Feelers Report and the fact that your melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly NO "Act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

My MASTERY of Engleesh is without peer and it's funnier than fhuqk,that you cain't afford punctuation,nor understand the power of a paragraph. What do you "do" for a "living" again,which paints you in so many corners?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

I'm as at ease in Sandbagging,as you are in talking out your Whining Ass,which rather reliably arranges oblivious humor,you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do cite any/all words that are "too Technical" or "too big" for you to savvy and I'll happily break things down and illuminate your STUPIDITY even fhuqking further. Hint. LAUGHING!

Kudos on your Vagina Monologue and I very MUCH enjoyed that the tears are real. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

TenStupid,

Are you bitching or bragging? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Cite the rifle particulars,as to Make/Model and Mounts/Glass,for even more oblivious fhuqking HILARITY. Hint. LAUGHING!

Better yet,dangle pics of the steaming pieces of fhuqking schit. DARE ya'. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!........................
CUM,

I VERY much enjoyed your Hurt Feelers Report and the fact that your melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly NO "Act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

My MASTERY of Engleesh is without peer and it's funnier than fhuqk,that you cain't afford punctuation,nor understand the power of a paragraph. What do you "do" for a "living" again,which paints you in so many corners?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

I'm as at ease in Sandbagging,as you are in talking out your Whining Ass,which rather reliably arranges oblivious humor,you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do cite any/all words that are "too Technical" or "too big" for you to savvy and I'll happily break things down and illuminate your STUPIDITY even fhuqking further. Hint. LAUGHING!

Kudos on your Vagina Monologue and I very MUCH enjoyed that the tears are real. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

TenStupid,

Are you bitching or bragging? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Cite the rifle particulars,as to Make/Model and Mounts/Glass,for even more oblivious fhuqking HILARITY. Hint. LAUGHING!

Better yet,dangle pics of the steaming pieces of fhuqking schit. DARE ya'. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!........................

Get help! Its only in your own mind that you are clever. Read more, talk less. It might help. Good luck
Wasting your time with bs,it is stuck on being an idiot/moron/imbecile.
Originally Posted by OAM

Am my the only member that finds these post by Stick completely unintelligible?

Nope.

That's most people here.
Illiteracy + lots of photos of plastic rifles no one cares about = why the ignore feature was invented.

And the same reply from BS (that I don't even have to toggle to know)... in 3... 2... 1...
It’s a 9 yo that wants to hunt, just amazing how some folks wanna make shiit soooooo hard..
CUM,

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Whine aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Continue with your Whine and Excuses and I noticed you give ALL things The Rifle a VERY wide berth. Why is that?!? HINT. LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

elkkchunt,

I see you yet again "forgot" about your "Heralded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore and are going the extra mile to quantify that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,you Drooling Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.

aunt diaper,

Your STUPIDITY rests solely upon your narrow shoulders,right behind your crossed-eyes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

clockwork stupid,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Hint.

The rEtard,

Ain't it a HOOT,that the typical 9yr old knows wayyyyyyyy more than you,about The Outdoors and the wares associated...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
The big slouch, ain’t it a hoot a 9 yo knows more about staying married and raising kids than the bowl of goo that runs her yap constantly?? Hint

Laughing..................

Let alone the simplicity of killin??? Haha

Laughing again...............................
Ooooooopsie!................

Oooopsie what? She shot a kelp drunk beach beach bear, might as well shoot a black angus or horse.. the sweat pants tell the story you incredibly stupid cuunt..

Laughing.................
Originally Posted by 117LBS
Originally Posted by chefcreed

If you decide to sell that one give me a shout.

Was out of town this weekend and just saw this. I’ll shoot you a PM once I have an idea what I’m doing, hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Oooopsie what? She shot a kelp drunk beach beach bear, might as well shoot a black angus or horse.. the sweat pants tell the story you incredibly stupid cuunt..

Laughing.................

I know. That picture gets posted repeatedly on these forums along with a pic of a steelhead. There are also countless pictures of weird Unabomber style bullet and reloading inventories. All have cryptic paint pen writings that may only be deciphered by the deranged mind that created them.

Stick-
I guess the reason I give a "wide berth" about my reloading expertise is because I am no expert. I have only been at it for about 4 years. I am here to learn rather than insult. On that note- your rifle collection looks ridiculous. I would be embarrassed to post pics of those stocks painted like that. Did a little kid do it? Why camo if you are covering them with ridiculous florescent tape? Whats with all the tape? To me mental illness is the only explanation. Hint. Laughing.......
Bless your heart for trying though....
Oooooopsie!..........

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Oooopsie, he hates your guts and hasn’t hunted with you in years... but he did kill a dink in a state with a 6 month buck season!!!! Wow+p you stupid fuucks really get after it!!!! Haha

Laughing........................
I hesitate to say and have not seen many real world reports...but what about the 350 Legend? Or hot .357 load in appropriately built bolt action. I don’t handload so just curious really. I still like the 6.5 Grendel over .223 though. Better performance with negligible increase in recoil. Then there’s the 22 Grendel Or 6 Dasher...but may as well go 22 Creed from Bolt Gun I guess.
Oooooopsie!..........

I remember when I was really broke and only bought budget rifles. Things will get better. Keep your chin up.
Oooooopsie!..........

She thinks the shock value is cool, a few suckass’ do too... makes him look like the guy eatin piece of shiit he is... the “house” tells the story too.. hint
Stop it!!! She’ll whine about blue/walnut!!! Haha
The tape do help!!! 😂🤣😆
Diggin the rings and glass too!! Haha
Oooooopsie!

Hint.

Scope puked and mounts broke too. Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

I've gone through a "few" follower springs too. Hint.

But at least you gals can "afford" Imagination and Pretend,as you get to "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

Hint.

Pardon you being the dumbest\laziest cuunt on the www... Coop hunt with ya the last 5 years????....

Naw, you ruined him. Fuucking piece of shiit..... Do dig the blue\walnut you biitch about constantly though!!!😂😂😂

Glass and rings on that rig are just icing on your lying cake!!Haha

Though the tape do help!!! Some dummies actually believe it helps, they're easy to spot, the city slickers that don't collect much bone.

Laughing..................................................................................................................................
Anyway, OP: let us know what you decide. My kids aren't quite as old, but I'm already planning. So curious how things work out.

P.s. whatever you decide, please don't let the kids give it a dollar store spray paint job and make them learn to read/write. Hint...
Oooooopsie!

Hint.

Scope puked and mounts broke too. Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

But at least you gals can "afford" Imagination and Pretend,as you get to "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

Hint.

That rust could be helped if you quit putting rifles in the creek next to fish for size references. I prefer a tape measure. Why are all the pics in your house so dark? Is it to hide how cheap all your belongings are? Your mom is probably super cool to let you keep living there. Also, is English your first language? Are you from here?
Ooooopsie!

Rained nearly 4 INCHES last year!

Hint.

You "hard charging" gals are fhuqking HILARIOUS!!!!

I can only assume his responses are the same four old photos from 3 months ago (and Lord knows how long before that). It's a hunting rifle forum. Not a charts, rusted spring, and demand people post figures and specs forum after they've *actually hunted something* with their set ups. Maybe he has shot it all and more... but *at* what? To me it just looks an awful lot like a guy trying to curate a master hunter image who doesn't drop very much game that isn't made of paper or steel...
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Illiteracy + lots of photos of plastic rifles no one cares about = why the ignore feature was invented.

And the same reply from BS (that I don't even have to toggle to know)... in 3... 2... 1...

I worked out a long time ago that there's nothing useful or worth reading in anything the bloke posts. Not enough to wade through the gibberish, endlessly recycled photos and lies.

It seems that this continues to be the case. Perhaps if more people put him on ignore he'd dry up and blow away.
I wonder if there is shrink on here that’s willing to help the poor SOB.
It’s surreal that he doesn’t get the hint that NO ones cares, yet he things he is relevant. It’s funny and sad at the same time.
Imaginary Pretend Ignore,REALLY "works" 'well". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Ooooooopsie!

It might be a Salvage 1-14" 223,or perhaps a 7" 'Rock 223AI with 75's at 3150fps from it's 21" spout??

HINT.

LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for "living" vicariously,you "lucky" kchunts.

Hint....................

Maybe this will help some of you fellas.

God damn the bucks are like the bears, beach fed dummies with 6 month seasons!!! Coop still hates your guts... a guy really has to try to get his kid to hate em!! Nice work liar Larry!!! 1 did himself in, the other absolutely hates you!!! But hey, you shoot just a smidge!! Wow +p.....
Imaginary Pretend Ignore,REALLY "works" 'well". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Ooooooopsie!

It might be a Salvage 1-14" 223,or perhaps a 7" 'Rock 223AI with 75's at 3150fps from it's 21" spout??

HINT.

LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for "living" vicariously,you "lucky" kchunts.

Hint....................

Do kids and wives grow on trees???? Nope..... just a thunk
Anyway, OP: let us know what you decide. My kids aren't quite as old, but I'm already planning. So curious how things work out.

P.s. whatever you decide, please don't let the kids give it a dollar store spray paint job and make them learn to read/write. Hint...

I made an offer to a local guy on a SS 700 SPS .308 - $375 and sounds like he will probably end up taking it. If that happens, I am going to take the action and build a 6 creedmoor on it to fit her. Barrel contour similar to a #1-1.5, at 22" and put it in a stock cut down to her size. Then as she grows, and gets bigger, the only thing we have to do is switch out the stock.

If that falls through May look at a Ruger American Predator 6 creed and just have the stock cut down, and load up a bunch of 60-75% loads and let her shoot the hell out of it and get some good practice.
'8,

Build her a 6BR. I've a "few" and EVERYONE fhuqking LOVES them. Hint.

Old School. Hint. LAUGHING!

I've never seen a RAR Seex Kreed.

Oooopsie!

Pardon REALITY.

Hint.

Originally Posted by Dre
I wonder if there is shrink on here that’s willing to help the poor SOB.
It’s surreal that he doesn’t get the hint that NO ones cares, yet he things he is relevant. It’s funny and sad at the same time.

+1
letterkenny is on the thread. we have finally arrived
Of course it’s “old school “ you dumbfuuck, he hates you, hence the old pics... 😂😂

PS, are high bc bullets and turrets necessary for beach critters? I mean, are they spooky? Like hard to stalk??? Haha

Poor dumb bastard
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
letterkenny is on the thread. we have finally arrived

Ya, its taken a turn. Sorry to the OP for being a part of the hijacking. I just got tired of watching stick insult every single post with strange vulgar nonsense.
For conversation.... grin

PS, that’s right now.
And sorry for the op posting this...
For conversation.... grin

PS, that’s right now.

Cool shot man! I was out sledding with mine about an hour ago.
Ya man, my 2 main pards...
I VERY much enjoy the Schit pics,Posted by The Retards,who cain't even "afford" a fhuqking camera...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Though a fhuqking Retard inside a fence,IS fhuqking FUNNY. Hint.

Steelheading ain't for everyone. HINT.

Nor is Bear Hunting at 5-months "old". HINT.

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint.

I’ll spare the buck, bull, bear pics mine suffered in the first month of his life, cause they’ve already been posted... hint

Kudos though for you showing him, his dad, a soreback and a kelpbed grease pig!!! Congratulations???

Laughing..............................

I made an offer to a local guy on a SS 700 SPS .308 - $375 and sounds like he will probably end up taking it. If that happens, I am going to take the action and build a 6 creedmoor on it to fit her. Barrel contour similar to a #1-1.5, at 22" and put it in a stock cut down to her size. Then as she grows, and gets bigger, the only thing we have to do is switch out the stock.

If that falls through May look at a Ruger American Predator 6 creed and just have the stock cut down, and load up a bunch of 60-75% loads and let her shoot the hell out of it and get some good practice.

Seems like a pretty fair sort of plan to me. And if it turns out that she doesn't want to shoot, a change of stock will have a nice light deer rifle for you.
Funny the moron would even think about posting on how to help a child thread. He sure as hell should know that whatever he says, readers will take that as what not to do.

He's fantasizing in the notion that 3 to 5% of readers actually think he has close to half of the synapses firing, and is capable of any rational thought or knowledge on anything.
KenBitchigan,

Didja' "forget" about your "promise" yet again and decide to quantify that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit too...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining your best.

Hint.

Oooooopsie!..............

Stick, your daughter and grandson are absolutely beautiful. Those pictures need to be in a magazine. They should be on the cover of the Alaska Regulation Digest, at the least.
Little fhuqker is funny and a real terror now,that he figured out what his legs are for.(grin)

Not just anyone,gets to slobber on my favorite Deer Calls.

He really don't give much in the way of fhuqks and is a straight riot.

GOOD times for certain!

Ooooooooopsie! Pardon The Splendors.

Hint.

Wonder what stinky will do when he finds out that the kid ain't his.
I find it fascinating,that the Brokedick Whining Clueless Window Licking Droolers,can't even "operate" their own Imaginary Pretend Ignore...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oooooooopsie! Pardon the Splendor(s),as not one of them can afford a camera either. Hint.

A .250 Savage in even a light weight rifle with 100 Grain SGKs will kill all the deer she wants. Recoil is nil. The .250 is so under rated. It's a real sleeper and it was practically born for young kids. However, no way I'd let a 10 year old shoot at game at 300 yards. That can be challenging to experienced shooters. You need to take her hunting where most shots are lnside 150 or even 100, My youngest boy was 9 years old when he killed his first deer at 80 yards. He's 42 now and still killing deer and at much longer ranges. He's a very confident shot too. If she shoots and misses her first deer it can sometimes cause the kid to lose confidence or cause them to lose interest. Do every thing you can to try and insure success especially on that first hunt. There's lots of BS floating around out there but that's what most of it is, BS. Use common sense and you'll come out good.
FlaminIdiot,

You make VERY good points on "accident",by simply doing your best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

The 250 Salvage brings NOTHING mechanically to the table,other than schit case design and schit bullets. You are talking a .350 BC,which is wayyyyyyyy OVER fhuqking rated,by Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks,such as yourself. Hint.

The 224 Speedmire,6XC,243 Kreedmire and the ilk absolutely DESTROY it. Hell...the 6BR will slap the fhuqking schit outta it. HINT.

There's no fhuqking way that a 10yr could NOT hit a 300yd distant claybird with a 22LR,on the first magazine run through a platform,they've never shot before. Rest ASSURED,that not all suffer your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",which will only come as a 'surprise" to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT.

You AMAZINGLY Inept CLUELESS Fhuqking Droolers are a hoot! Hint.

Laughing!

Ooooooooopsie!....................

FlaminIdiot,

You make VERY good points on "accident",by simply doing your best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

The 250 Salvage brings NOTHING mechanically to the table,other than schit case design and schit bullets. You are talking a .350 BC,which is wayyyyyyyy OVER fhuqking rated,by Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks,such as yourself. Hint.

The 224 Speedmire,6XC,243 Kreedmire and the ilk absolutely DESTROY it. Hell...the 6BR will slap the fhuqking schit outta it. HINT.

There's no fhuqking way that a 10yr could NOT hit a 300yd distant claybird with a 22LR,on the first magazine run through a platform,they've never shot before. Rest ASSURED,that not all suffer your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",which will only come as a 'surprise" to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT.

Laughing!

FlaminIdiot,

Laughing!

FlaminIdiot,

Laughing!

The only thing worse than a dumbass is an arrogant dumbass. You get the prize dummy>

You don't need a .500 BC Bullet to klll a deer at 150 yards moron. God what an ass!
FlaminIdiot,

Whether you like it or not,can handle it or not,all bullets have a BC...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

To purposely search for THE schittiest chambering,takes some real "talent" and you are there. The ONLY fhuqking reason it is sooooooooo very fhuqking FUNNY,is because you "think" you "know" what the fhuqk you are talking about,but could NOT be further from the mark. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT. Laughing!

Some VERY nice thangs can be reliably arranged upon a 250 Salvage hull,but NONE of them happen to be in .257". That those vast and numerous advantages come so VERY easily,only stumps you,which is rather "impressive". Hint. LAUGHING!

Gals who 'know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking QUESTIONS,rather than giving "answers" you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. You are now armed with perspective,don't fhuqk it up! HINT. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Oooooooopsie!.......................

Already taller than you and knows more words. Once he's potty trained he will surpass you on all fronts. <laughing>
I'd reckon we can assume Stick ain't firing blanks like he is with his rifles!!!
Oooooooopsie!................

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
I mention 350 Legend and don’t even get a Dumb [bleep] or nothing? My feelings are hurt. Sad not Laughing.... Got a buddy who has done some damage on Antelope and Whitetail with the 6 Creed. That’s a good call.
Stick,

You're going to hurt my youngest son feelers! Around 11yo after killing sheit for years with his .22Hornet and .223 Rem, he gravitated to the .250 Savage for a couple years. He loved that rifle and cartridge!
Until a couple years later when he "borrowed" my first Gen Rem 700 Ti in 7mm-08. He never gave me back the Ti... frown

Hiaring8,

Lots of advice given throughout the thread. Since your daughter loves the AR, stoke it with a good bullet and she'll have no issues taking game.
shecried,

Some thangs don't even fhuqking rate conversation.

Hint................

FO',

I've shot a "smidge" of 250,250AI,Bob,Better Bob,25-284 and prolly even a "few" other other Quarterbores. Mighta' even shot a Gen One Rem Ti 7-08 once too.(grin)

Bullets have never been better,which means never been WORSE in .257". Been more than a few Gen One 7-08 Ti's rebarreled to 22-250AI,but today they'd all be 224 Speedmires. Same goes a goodly herd of Montuckys. Easy for me to say,as I simply shoot it all and then some,so The Window Lickers "get" to read about it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Tough to whoop a good Krunchenticker and they's easily arranged,in this Day & Age. Gots me a MeOptika 1-6x FFP Illuminated Bitch Enroute for same and perhaps it'll do what Burris can't,which is track,repeat and hold fhuqking zero. None of these CLUELESS Kchunts have ever seen anything worth a fhuqk and are stuck being them,which never ain't not Instant HILARITY. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Help us understand the tape.
Tape is sticky. Hint.

Oooooooopsie!.............

Hey Stick,

Why the MeOptika over an SS same same version?
Just in the interest of R&D Extrapolations,to see WTF. I'll be impressed,if it impresses.(grin)

If something intrigues,I simply procure and flog on it.

Hint........................
Little fhuqker is funny and a real terror now,that he figured out what his legs are for.(grin)

Not just anyone,gets to slobber on my favorite Deer Calls.

He really don't give much in the way of fhuqks and is a straight riot.

GOOD times for certain!

Ooooooooopsie! Pardon The Splendors.

Hint.

That top pic is a keeper.
Couple different avenues I chased didn't pan out/I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted - so still evaluating this...I showed her a gunstock that had been dipped in a pink/gray camo pattern and she loved it - so I do know the gun will have to have that...

Honestly looking at a Tikka action with a 6mm creed proof steel prefit barrel - cut it to 22". Put it in a compact tikka stock. As she grows, we will just replace the stock. Never owned a .243 caliber anything - but liking the idea of the 6 over the .243 - if for no other reason than to be different.
if for no other reason than to be different.

I did kinda the same thing when my youngest boy was needing a big game rifle. Except I went 243AI. Not because he wanted an AI, mostly because I wanted mess with an AI and give him something different. Looking at it now, I probably should have just set him up with a vanilla .243. He is not a reloader and probably never will be. Being able to just buy any 243 ammo in the store would be in his best interest for him now.

Maybe this is all a moot point if the 6 Creed is here to stay and easy to get?
He still can buy 243 at the store. He just won't be reloading the fire formed brass it ejected
'8,

You gotta be REAL careful,as you could end up with "too much" RPM and "not enough" cast-off. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless theDroolers' hearts for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Hint.
Laughing
Congratulations
Never heard of 'em. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Hint
Laughing
Congratulations
Stick,

OP,

EmptyDan,

Bless your heart.

Thank me later.

Hint....................

Jess,

Don't tease her.

Hint.

Hint
Laughing
Congratulations
Oooooopsie!

Hint.

Hint.

Hint
Laughing
Congratulations
I VERY much enjoy the Schit pics,Posted by The Retards,who cain't even "afford" a fhuqking camera...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Though a fhuqking Retard inside a fence,IS fhuqking FUNNY. Hint.

Steelheading ain't for everyone. HINT.

Nor is Bear Hunting at 5-months "old". HINT.

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint.
Hint
Laughing
Congratulations
Just in the interest of R&D Extrapolations,to see WTF. I'll be impressed,if it impresses.(grin)

If something intrigues,I simply procure and flog on it.

Hint........................

Hint
Laughing
Congratulations
Couple different avenues I chased didn't pan out/I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted - so still evaluating this...I showed her a gunstock that had been dipped in a pink/gray camo pattern and she loved it - so I do know the gun will have to have that...

Honestly looking at a Tikka action with a 6mm creed proof steel prefit barrel - cut it to 22". Put it in a compact tikka stock. As she grows, we will just replace the stock. Never owned a .243 caliber anything - but liking the idea of the 6 over the .243 - if for no other reason than to be different.

If she already shoots the AR and enjoys it, just keep it simple and load it up with Hornady 75 BTHP's and watch her kill [bleep]...
© 24hourcampfire