Home
Posted By: tas6691 This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
But it sure does shoot!!
I saw this thing months ago at a sort of local gun shop while looking for another wonder 9 pistol. I didnt handle it that day but thought dayuuum what an ugly rifle. Went home and googled "green rifle with camo stock" and there it was!!

Sauer 100 Cherokee

Laffed and laffed and went to bed. Thought about that butt ugly rifle all week. Looked at it online some more and realized the black version and silver coated barrel version were worse!! Couldnt find it anywhere in 7/08, so back to the sort of local gun shop to handle it. Just handle it!! Because I have restraint and control of my addiction! AND I have no use for 6.5 Creede!! Or any reloading supplies for the Creede

Got it home and installed the scope (thank ggodness the store had brass and dies) and realized how well it handles. Cleaned it, adjusted the trigger down from 4 1/2 pounds to 2 lbs 10 ozs....all with a simple allen key...WITHOUT REMOVING THE STOCK!! What genious thought of that?? Or better yet, why hasn't another maker done this??

This thing has a fully adjustable trigger without removing anything, a wonderfully shaped stock which also has a sort of rubberized feel, 3 position Remington style safety, and a bolt that glides as if on bearings and locks up tight!! The trigger is THE best factory trigger I have ever felt(not counting my Coopers). Breaks crisp with no takeup or over travel.

Fortunately it shoots a whole lot better than it looks. I tried several powders with SST's and Federal Fusion bullets. It seems to really like IMR 4451, which is nice cause I got 2 1/2 pounds the MRC 260 hated!! The target pic is 40 40.5 and 41 grains of 4451 and 140 grain Fusions, not bad!

No point to this other than to show off the ugliest rifle I not only own but have ever seen, and see what yall think of the Sauer 100 rifles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: pacecars Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I have seen worse. I would probably paint over the digital camo as it isn’t my style but it probably works. I hear good things about the Sauers
Posted By: Boogaloo Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I'd say it's a work of art...modern art...but very nicely done.
Could be worse in both the looks and accuracy department
Posted By: 5sdad Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Anything that ugly doesn't deserve being fired at such a stunningly beautiful target!
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Anything that ugly doesn't deserve being fired at such a stunningly beautiful target!

I was gonna give him a free pass on the target
The looks of that rifle don't offend my delicate sensibilities at all. Sounds like a keeper.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Looks fine to me. What really matters is that it handles well, has a good trigger and appears to be accurate. The only other consideration is that it cycles and fires reliably, which I suspect it will.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Don't care for the camo, but the rifle's lines are fine. I can think of some others that are far worse, but I'll refrain from naming them in this tender-hearted assembly.
I dont think that rifle is ugly at all, and it looks like it shoots like a house afire so id call it a keeper if it weren't another damn Creed 😂....Good hunting..Hb
Not that bad looking.
Posted By: Dre Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
If you want ugly, look at sticks pics. Pink and yellow polka dots, throwing rifles in creeks, etc...
On serious note, The sauer 100 is a solid rifle.
Posted By: 458Win Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Beauty is
As beauty does
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I dont think that rifle is ugly at all, and it looks like it shoots like a house afire so id call it a keeper if it weren't another damn Creed 😂....Good hunting..Hb

+1 . Ugly? Evidently the OP has not seen the procession of rifles some custom some not that have been posted here, I would be embarrassed to own any of them . That's all I will say.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
T/C Compass gets my vote for ugliest. Makes that Sauer look like the goddess of the hunt.
Originally Posted by JeffyD
T/C Compass gets my vote for ugliest. Makes that Sauer look like the goddess of the hunt.

LOL
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
You want to see ugly rifles? Go to the Mannlicher Stocked rifles thread. The OP's is a thing of beauty comparatively speaking.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I like the shape better than the US economy rifles. Not sure that pattern would disappear many places. Use it at night.
Posted By: tas6691 Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I was gonna give him a free pass on the target

I knew I was gonna catch crap over that target....hint..wink insert illegible gibberish
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
You want to see ugly rifles? Go to the Mannlicher Stocked rifles thread. The OP's is a thing of beauty comparatively speaking.

That hurts, I was about to go post in that thread......I love those rifles that maybe why I like this one!! LOL
I didnt give two hoots for rifles until I found the campfire....you guys are a bad influence!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Just saying...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by tas6691

That hurts, I was about to go post in that thread......I love those rifles that maybe why I like this one!! LOL
I didnt give two hoots for rifles until I found the campfire....you guys are a bad influence!

Nothing personal tas6691. I actually think I may be in the minority with that opinion. On the other hand, I really like the one you posted above. I guess that makes us even, huh?
Originally Posted by tas6691

Nothing personal tas6691. I actually think I may be in the minority with that opinion. On the other had, I really like the one you posted above. I guess that makes us even, huh?

LOL! No problem! A confession...I never saw the love for the pre 64 mdl 70!! Gasp!! I know right, but I have owned several post 64 featherweights and LOVED them!! I also love Coopers and Kimbers so there is no accounting for taste I guess.

And MtnBoomer's girlfriend above your post is kinda hot!
Posted By: skinner Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I just knew this would be about Mossberg’s tactical 30-30 lever gun.
Posted By: CRS Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I have have seen and handled much uglier rifles.
It isn't my cup of tea but I've seen a LOT uglier...which shall remain nameless...and I DO NOT HATE them or this rifle!!!! As Pappy mentioned the lines are fine and I concur.
I dont find that rifle all that ugly, I kind of like it. I am really digging the scope, since its wearing my last name.
Imo, not all THAT ugly. Somewhat ugly? Yes...........FYI. Bergara in their Premier line have externally adjustable triggers near or within the trigger guard.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Just saying...

LOL
Posted By: Bisley Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I like it!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I like it too. Nice shootin'.
Posted By: jwall Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
[quote=MtnBoomer]Just saying...

------------------------------

ugly wimmens need love too.

Jerry
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1 . Ugly? Evidently the OP has not seen the procession of rifles some custom some not that have been posted here, I would be embarrassed to own any of them . That's all I will say.

YEP ! !

IF I owned any of those I would NOT advertise them........ or as mine.

Jerry
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Picked up a 100 xt 7m08 about a year ago, love it - despite being a lefty.
Ugly is like Beauty..... eye of the beholder.

I've been trying to remember the brand, I can't.

There is a Semi Auto C F rifle that the stock FROM the pistol grip back -- ARCHES down dramatically !!
They are reliable and accurate AS FAR as semi autos go BUT....

IT is an UGLY rifle to MY eye.

The OP rifle ain't bad at all IMO. I prefer a little lighter color but......

Jerry
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
I think it looks good.
Nice snag.
I’m willing to bet the deer will have no complaints.
Posted By: Fotis Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20
Nothing wrong with the gun. Now a Glock.... That's ugly!!!!
Originally Posted by Fotis

Blasphemy grin
I'm guessin that's German military fleck camo on that stock. Or as close as they could make it.
Posted By: smokepole Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/18/20

LOL, that's why I have Glock as my "truck pistol." If someone breaks in and steals it, I'd only be slightly pissed. Not nearly as much as a 1911.

+1
Its funny most on here either dont mind it or like it. I liked it better than the all black or black stock and coated silver barrel/action version. My buddies that have seen it made remarks I cant post here!! I'm gonna tweak that 4451 load a little and go shoot it again this weekend. Am really liking the feel and balance. And I doubt the deer will get a chance to see it before they hear it!!
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
I’m willing to bet the deer will have no complaints.

I think the deer will say, "NO, you can't kill me with a rifle that ugly "! ! grin

Jerry
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/19/20
Now a Glock.... That's ugly!!!!

Sooo, her name is Glock, ugly, but very functional and utilitarian.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/19/20
GlockFace! LOL
Posted By: Dre Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/19/20
Definitely a but’erface
But I do like glock face. Ugly but works damn fine.
Just remember, Beauty is only a light switch away
Posted By: tas6691 Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/19/20

Yeah but I can close my eyes and she is a custom SIG P210!!
Originally Posted by 458Win
Beauty is
As beauty does

For sure.

It's so ugly, it's almost pretty... wink

Like a "pretty" newborn...

Phil, I'd say it's no uglier than your famous "Old Ugly"... blush

And, I know how much you like that big gun.

grin

DF
Posted By: Fotis Re: This is one UGLY rifle!! - 03/19/20

Butter face. All is good but-er-face. Like a block
© 24hourcampfire