Home
Posted By: luv2safari 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/11/23
Graf has PPU for $23.19/50 right now.

I just got my order in the mail. Nice looking brass.
Posted By: foureyes4 Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/11/23
Thanks for the heads up.
I might need some to form into 17 hornet.
Posted By: dale06 Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/17/23
I ordered some of this mid last week. Was in my mail box today. Good price and fast shipping.
Posted By: texken Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/26/23
I can't remember how it came to be, I acquired a 22 hornet, bad part, youth stock, put a nice pc of dark walnut on to extend 1", well, its a shooter, the good, its wearing a Mannlicher stock, really don't want to put any more money into, but might look for a stock, it would be bitching
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I might need some to form into 17 hornet.

tried that myself , but you got to get your annealing process down pat , or the shoulders crack when you fireform............
Posted By: bobmn Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/29/23
PPU Hornet brass is the heaviest brass available. Consequently , it has the least case capacity. I cannot get 13 grains of LilGun behind a 40 grain bullet.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/29/23
PPU = good brass. Maybe not the most uniform case necks as some nice lots of domestic brass I've been fortunate to have played with, but good nonetheless.

Note regarding fireforming to K-Hornet: Yes indeed with the annealing bit. But, Hornady made (may still make, dunno) a nifty die for forming K-Hornet brass hydraulically. Run the water-filled case up into the die, give the plunger a whack with a lead hammer, presto, a formed K-Hornet. I use an el-cheapo Lee aluminum single stage press dedicated to the process, and do it outside because it's messy as hell, as you can imagine. Cuts down on case loss from fireforming, but admittedly the annealing probably has a lot to do with it.
Posted By: trplem Re: 22 Hornet Brass Heads Up - 04/30/23
PPU from Graf's is my go-to for hornet brass. Annealing makes forming much more reliable, as Gnoahhh stated. There's still some left to be formed from the last batch that arrived from Graf's, so I'll pass on the latest batch. I'ts good to see it's available, though
You should anneal those Prvi Hornet cases.

Over the winter, I was given 500 Hornet cases still in their bags. I loaded up 200 to fireform them to K-Hornet. I had an 8% failure rate until I started annealing.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rget-clusters-and-a-fun-day#Post18374921
© 24hourcampfire