Home
Posted By: Rooster7 Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/22/22
I have a cheap CVA Optima that has taken a few deer with factory open sights but I'm kind of jonesing for a scope or red dot.

It does not have to be the best, most expensive. Good and cheap works for me on a ML.

Any suggestions?
I would look for a Burris Droptine or FF II. Hard to beat for the money.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I would look for a Burris Droptine or FF II. Hard to beat for the money.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.
Posted By: Seuss Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/22/22
My aging eyes were in need of some better glass, found a 2.5-10x50 Bushnell 4200 for a decent price, huge improvement. I'd look for something used to get a better optic than new.
I’ve been running a Burris FFII 2-7 with their standard ballistic reticle on my black powder gun for several years now. I’ve fired it a LOT for a black powder rifle. I became interested in seeing how the reticle would work out. It’s actually pretty good, and the scope has held up perfectly. I’m actually pretty impressed because I bought it cheap on close out from a local retailer. It was even cheap in our Canadian money. It’s been worth every penny!
Posted By: macarny Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.
[quote=saddlesore]I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.[/quote

I believe the eye relief on muzzleloader and slug gun scopes is longer also
Originally Posted by macarny
[quote=saddlesore]I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.
I think the only difference between regular scope is the ML scope is the parallax set for closer distances.[/quote

I believe the eye relief on muzzleloader and slug gun scopes is longer also
That will depend on brand. Even some shotgun/muzzleloader scopes are lacking in eye relief compared to what the manufacturer says they are.
Posted By: skeen Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/24/22
This seems like an inexpensive reasonable option - https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...sic-4x38-matte-duplex-japan#Post17826582
Posted By: pete53 Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/26/22
today i sighted in my TC Encore 50 caliber ,i have had this new musket for a couple of years in its box yet finally put a good scope on it. i mounted a new Burris 1 - 6 x 24 30 tube on this muzzle loader the reason is i have found this scope to be really tough and it also has illumination if i need it too , plus it does have life time warranty ,price was reasonable too. good luck with your choice,Pete53
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Good muzzleloader scope? - 11/29/22
Just to close out this thread, I dug through my stuff and found a Bushnell 4x12x40 Pro Hunter and mounted that up. It's definitely not the best choice, I know that. I'll use it this year and see how it does.

Thanks for all the replies!
© 24hourcampfire