Home
I�m going to head for Owen, county for the December muzzleloader hunt and was wondering if anyone out there could give me an exact figure on the Kentucky out of state license fees? I know there is a $25 deer hunting license fee, but I�m unsure about the small game license fee; do I have to buy the $115 out of state small game license in order to buy the $25 deer hunting license?

I don�t have my Trade Gun finished yet so I guess I�ll take my old .50 CVA. My brother lives in Montgomery, county and has an even older CVA Mountain Rifle that I bought as a kit from Don K. outside of Kendallville, Indiana in 1978; it�s a real tack driver. I sold it on a whim 11 years ago and will regret it till I die.

I am considering using the hunt as an excuse to buy a new Lyman GPR in .54. I hate the whole coil spring lock idea, but I have read that the Lyman lock can be swapped out for an L&R lock; anybody done this to their Lyman?

If there are any folks reading this who live in the area let me know; we�ll meet at a coffee shop and swap hunting lies.
Haggis,
My Ky. book says "A short-term hunting license can only be used by nonres. for small game, waterfowl, & pheasant hunting. Nonresidents hunting deer or turkey in Ky. must purchase an annual hunting license along w/ the appropriate permit." You can go to ...fw.ky.gov and find more info. I'm in western part of state, some things change from zone to zone
but not the license fees. Owen co. is in zone 1,it looks like they have a lot of does over there, judging by the bag limits
on anterless. I hope this is of some help.
....joken2

Thanks a heap. I guess I'll have to cough up $140 to kill a few does. I just want freezer meat anyway. I have lots of kids and grandkids so there's always room in their deep freeze for another varmint.

I've a cousin who lives I Owen county and has exclusive access to a few hundred acres. He tells me that he is seeing herds of does with twenty to thirty in a group. Even if I come up empty handed it's cheap entertainment.
© 24hourcampfire