Print Thread
Hop To
H
Haggis Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I�m going to head for Owen, county for the December muzzleloader hunt and was wondering if anyone out there could give me an exact figure on the Kentucky out of state license fees? I know there is a $25 deer hunting license fee, but I�m unsure about the small game license fee; do I have to buy the $115 out of state small game license in order to buy the $25 deer hunting license?

I don�t have my Trade Gun finished yet so I guess I�ll take my old .50 CVA. My brother lives in Montgomery, county and has an even older CVA Mountain Rifle that I bought as a kit from Don K. outside of Kendallville, Indiana in 1978; it�s a real tack driver. I sold it on a whim 11 years ago and will regret it till I die.

I am considering using the hunt as an excuse to buy a new Lyman GPR in .54. I hate the whole coil spring lock idea, but I have read that the Lyman lock can be swapped out for an L&R lock; anybody done this to their Lyman?

If there are any folks reading this who live in the area let me know; we�ll meet at a coffee shop and swap hunting lies.

"When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung."

Henry Ward Beecher
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Haggis,
My Ky. book says "A short-term hunting license can only be used by nonres. for small game, waterfowl, & pheasant hunting. Nonresidents hunting deer or turkey in Ky. must purchase an annual hunting license along w/ the appropriate permit." You can go to ...fw.ky.gov and find more info. I'm in western part of state, some things change from zone to zone
but not the license fees. Owen co. is in zone 1,it looks like they have a lot of does over there, judging by the bag limits
on anterless. I hope this is of some help.
....joken2

H
Haggis Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Thanks a heap. I guess I'll have to cough up $140 to kill a few does. I just want freezer meat anyway. I have lots of kids and grandkids so there's always room in their deep freeze for another varmint.

I've a cousin who lives I Owen county and has exclusive access to a few hundred acres. He tells me that he is seeing herds of does with twenty to thirty in a group. Even if I come up empty handed it's cheap entertainment.

"When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung."

Henry Ward Beecher

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,851 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.