Home
Posted By: deerstalker USPS strikes again - 02/16/20
Here I am just about to fit a new green mountain 54 cal barrel and it is circling the northern hemisphere on a postal carousel. Was supposed to be here Wednesday but got redirected x3 .now presidents day will push it to tuesday.
Guess I will have to find something else to do.😤
Posted By: benchman Re: USPS strikes again - 02/16/20
The UPS fairy showed up with 2 Cabelas Hawkens, a Traditional. 50, and a .54 Sporterized Rifle. Lucked out. Both are virtually new. And LEFT HAND. I should play the lottery. USPS has been funky lately. Not sure why.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/17/20
Hmmmmm! I would be looking you up but I'm right handed. I should have expected it when the regular guy went on vacation. We live so far out he will leave an oversized package in the tree by the mail box. His relief driver wouldn't leave a grocery flier outside the HOly Mail BOX.!
Now I have to drive 60 frickin miles to pick it up. That wouldn't be so bad but it means I gotta go to TOWN! Gasp.😤
Posted By: benchman Re: USPS strikes again - 02/17/20
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Hmmmmm! I would be looking you up but I'm right handed. I should have expected it when the regular guy went on vacation. We live so far out he will leave an oversized package in the tree by the mail box. His relief driver wouldn't leave a grocery flier outside the HOly Mail BOX.!
Now I have to drive 60 frickin miles to pick it up. That wouldn't be so bad but it means I gotta go to TOWN! Gasp.😤

UPS has feature where you can track the truck your shipment is on, so I was able to make sure I was there when they arrived. The last thing I wanted was 2 gun boxes sitting by my front door. They sure went to
everybody else house first! Paid 200 each for those rifles. The "dark bore", was nothing but plain old dust from sitting around.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: USPS strikes again - 02/19/20
Had a sig range finder that went to west coast back to supplier and then up north and back to supplier and then to me in NC. Took 2 1/2 weeks total. I was like really. DAMN.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/19/20
Remember the old Kingston trio song about the guy lost beneath boston on the train?
Still trying to find this barrel. Maybe tomorrow.😤
Posted By: benchman Re: USPS strikes again - 02/19/20
Remember the old Kingston trio song about the guy lost beneath boston on the train?

Dang! That's incredible! Still waiting on a USPS delivery that was supposed to happen 10 days ago...
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/20/20
Well I called to post office again and they had no idea what their tracking number meant.😵
Wouldn't let the bubble head off the line until she looked . OH! There it is!, On the top shelf where it doesn't belong!, Her words.
Will drive the 60 mile trip tomorrow and pick it up. Rescheduling delivery wasn't an option.
Posted By: benchman Re: USPS strikes again - 02/20/20
Well I called to post office again and they had no idea what their tracking number meant.😵
Wouldn't let the bubble head off the line until she looked . OH! There it is!, On the top shelf where it doesn't belong!, Her words.
Will drive the 60 mile trip tomorrow and pick it up. Rescheduling delivery wasn't an option.

Good Freaking Grief! Glad you found it!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
well I stepped on black ice yesterday and did a double half gainer with a triple twist, with a head plant, so wasn't up to the drive it the post office. got my brother-in-law to get it from the PO. at least it wont get returned to sender. maybe I can shoot it this week end? shocked
Posted By: Hubert Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
I bought a barrel and it was shipped this week. I was supposed to get it today , when I run the tracking # it says delivery is delayed.. so is USPS holding up deliverys or is my delivery really late...
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
Deer, give a report on how it shoots. I may pick up another GM or two while they are available.
Posted By: likeaduck Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
My mother sent my father a care package during WWII it went by way of Australia on the way from NY to FL in a short 6mon, cookies were stale.
Originally Posted by likeaduck
My mother sent my father a care package during WWII it went by way of Australia on the way from NY to FL in a short 6mon, cookies were stale.

But I bet appreciated
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Deer, give a report on how it shoots. I may pick up another GM or two while they are available.

Can't imagine it will be anything but good. Unless USPS used it for a Jack handle😬
Posted By: benchman Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
well I stepped on black ice yesterday and did a double half gainer with a triple twist, with a head plant, so wasn't up to the drive it the post office. got my brother-in-law to get it from the PO. at least it wont get returned to sender. maybe I can shoot it this week end? shocked

I certainly hope so! Better be a good barrel!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20

"Oh, he never returned, he never returned, his fate is still unknown."
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
Well, did he ever return?
No he never returned and his fate is still unlearned (what a pity)
He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston
He's the man who never returned

I remember it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh994JcEfkI 1959
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: USPS strikes again - 02/21/20
USPS doesn't often screw up, but when they do, it's a doozy. I once ordered a bunch of books from Deep Creek Press, Mule Deer and wife's stuff. They shipped via book rate, and the Post Office lost the package for over a month. It arrived just after Eileen sent me a whole replacement order. She said keep the double set, very nice of her.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/22/20
wife picked up the barrel today. gonna make some smoke by sunday! if I can find my balls grin
wasn't there a line in that song about his wife passing him sandwiches at a station?
yep just saw the link and listened. those guys could sing.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: USPS strikes again - 02/22/20
Had similar happen on a barrel shipped to me from TOW. Tracking shows it picked up and moved once. Then total silence. It's just gone for 9 days. No updates. Then all of a sudden I get a tgracking update that it's "Out for delivery".

USPS is horrible.
Posted By: Idaholewis Re: USPS strikes again - 02/24/20
I have had REALLY good Luck with the US Postal Service, For the Most part that is

The one and ONLY Situation that had me nervous was a trade i had made with a Guy on a Facebook Group. I traded him a HARD TO FIND 12 Gauge Blackpowder Shotgun Barrel for a Blackpowder Pistol. We shipped the Same Day, He was in New York, and me in Idaho. I recieved The Pistol in like 3-4 Days, it was QUICK! When i checked Tracking on The Barrel i had Shipped it Showed that it hadn’t moved for 2-3 Days, It was Hung up Just Outside of Idaho here? It stayed that Way for 22 Days!!! I was in Regular Contact with the Guy, He wasn’t worried at all, But i was a NERVOUS Wreck over it! I knew i could NEVER Replace that Particular Barrel, I refused to Shoot the Pistol i had Traded him until he Recieved the Barrel. Of all Times, The Barrel Was Delivered on Christmas Eve
Posted By: deerstalker Re: USPS strikes again - 02/29/20
due to unforeseen circumstances I just got the barrel fitted and ready to shoot on the marrow. started digging in my possibles bags and discovered nary a 54 cal projectile of any sort!
I am beginning to think I need a shaman to mumble over this project.
going to see if amazon might have some rb's . I usually get the crap I buy from them either next day or 2 days at the most.
think I will carve usps special in the barrel channel cry
© 24hourcampfire