Home
Posted By: ironbender AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/15/13

<insert evil grin here>
If you voice a opinion you may be banned there.
Yeah, but if he says something really stupid they will probably name him "Posterboy of 2013," give him a bunch of guns, a bunch of gear, a title, and a pack of suck-ups to lick up every bit of saliva that falls from his lips as they lounge about looking up at their God, moon-eyed, in total adoration.
Originally Posted by ironbender

<insert evil grin here>

It didn't happen unless there are links...

What did I miss?
Posted By: akpls Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/15/13
I was "reprimanded" once for mentioning a competing site...probably this one. I don't go there too often anymore.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/15/13
Troublemaker! I see you got a warning.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/15/13
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Yeah, but if he says something really stupid they will probably name him "Posterboy of 2013," give him a bunch of guns, a bunch of gear, a title, and a pack of suck-ups to lick up every bit of saliva that falls from his lips as they lounge about looking up at their God, moon-eyed, in total adoration.

This x 10
If he includes his wife/girlfriend it will be "Posterboy of the Century"
Those guys would never make it as mapmakers in Arizona......

no sense of Yuma!
I don't go there either. Back when Akcub was around these parts, he got thrown off the site for speaking his mind. As I recall, he wrote negatively about some product or something & they bitched about being worried about being sued. I could be wong on this tho.
It's a site where ya gotta be a lapdog & lick their hind ends. Not for me.
Bear in Fairbanks
OK. I'll bite and ask. What on earth is AOD?
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/forumdisplay.php/2-Alaska-Hunting

Alaska outdoors directory
AOD is the most pathetic pile of know-it-alls on the web. They hammer the guide's and non-residents and they have a tight knit core that basically praise each-other all the time. Not worth putting on your browser!
It was worth F-ing with them though!
The bad part is, they're all coming over here.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The bad part is, they're all coming over here.

Yeah, but over here & on Accuratereloading, we can give 'em "whatfor" & call 'em what they really are. More fun on the way? oh, yeah.
B.I.F.
Hey.....I received my fair share of PM's telling me to be polite or back off a subject. For the most part I agree with you guys about the butt kissing and managements pussy attitude but there are still a few nice guys over there. Just like any other forum. But this forum is also policed and censored pretty good as well.

Accurate Reloading is still the best when it comes to be able to speak your mind. For example, the bleep in the above post was actually the word p u s s y. I didnt put in the word bleep, 24 hour did.
Posted By: Calvin Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/16/13
I don't mind the saltwater fishing section of AOD. In fact, I find myself there more than here lately. Muttley Crew is worth about 5 chuckles a day. I've never seen someone like Mutt on the World Wide Web. It's always a fine line between speaking your mind and getting a warning.
There are several very decent/competent guys that frequent the site, but by-and-large it is filled with AK road-system commandos and lower 48 folks. The lunacy and number of posts on bear rifles/pistols, non-res hunters/guides and the prevention of calling a spade a spade are enough to keep me mostly away.
I noticed there is a couple of communists on that forum also.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Those guys would never make it as mapmakers in Arizona......

no sense of Yuma!

Who "sang" that...

"Lets keep it that way..."

Wanted to help you acclimate to the new color if'ns youse goes back there smile
I do dissagree with the evaluation of AOD, that most of you seem to have. It is a forum, just like any other. Maybe not as good as some, but better then others.
I have had a pleasurable response from many--not all, but then again I find the same to be true, even with this forum.
when I needed a hard to find part, for a classic firearm, it was on AOD,that a subscriber sent me said part, free of charge, includein postage! Sure never got a offer, even to buy said part, from any other forum!
A forum is what you, the contributor makes it to be. Yes, I do find A--Holes on AOD, but then, I have found just as many on this forum.
Twink
did the punk, pink me?

For folks that like the 2A, they seem less enthused with the 1A.
It is damn near impossible to be Banned from AOD. I've tried several times. haha
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes
I do dissagree with the evaluation of AOD, that most of you seem to have. It is a forum, just like any other. Maybe not as good as some, but better then others.

Couldn't agree more. There are good and bad forum folks everywhere. I also belong to both. And if someone is told to tone something down, well why not? Are we on this board to share as a community or to be a reality-tv-biyatch-fest slap event?

If you have something to share, share it. If you have an opinion, state it as so. If you have only negative things to say, follow what your momma told you....
Posted By: broomd Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/16/13
Man, slow news day fellas?

The AOD is a great forum. If you draw any tag for the state you'd likely be helped with some great info. I know I have. Guys like Jake--Brwnbr there--are great people and have helped me put a great billy on the wall.
I've also shared countless postings to help others.

I lived in Alaska for a long time prior to moving here to Idaho and the AOD was a great source of info.

I was asked to moderate there, and I did for about three years.
We were told to keep things very tight.

I finally hung up the moderator hat with the massive wanton waste caribou slaughter perped by the natives. I realized I didn't actually believe what I was forced to enforce there, opinion-wise. I was fighting a losing battle; plus I was spending countless hours babysitting for zero money and little, if any, appreciation.

That said, it's a great forum worth the time, especially if you are an Alaskan or planning on an adventure there.

edit>>I have to add, Brian_M there (the administrator) is good people!
Dedication is putting it mildly. From a professionalism standpoint, it was a pleasure working with him in the hunting forum.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/16/13
There are very helpful people there, but some of the adoration reaches a nauseating level.
Yes they do keep the clamps on a little tight - like the defunct "shortmags" site did years ago. I'm surprised they let the 2A topic go as long as they did! After many pages of "back and forth" it looks like the first page here! shocked
Anyhow, there is some good talk and photos about equipment and cooking. I really enjoy the lengthy sheep hunt stories that some put on there. There is no shortage of things to do up there, that is for sure.
Originally Posted by Scorpion8

Couldn't agree more. There are good and bad forum folks everywhere. I also belong to both. And if someone is told to tone something down, well why not? Are we on this board to share as a community or to be a reality-tv-biyatch-fest slap event?

If you have something to share, share it. If you have an opinion, state it as so. If you have only negative things to say, follow what your momma told you....

What if a paid moderator is saying things that could cause people lots of expense and no reward and is demonstrably wrong? It happens almost every time Murphy touches keyboard. He is the ballistics engineer that does not understand simple spin... And yet he gets to edit other posts and run folks off for showing him how exactly wrong he is.

In a conversation I had with Brian he supported Murphy and said he had to know what he was talking about otherwise he would not have made him a mod?!?!?

An opinion is one thing, absolutely false "facts" are not opinion.

Like another jewel Murphy posted that he knew there was a transport mechanism that would move salt around in a closed safe. And as proof used the fact trees along beaches get salted...

Telling someone to tone down a statement of simple facts in refutation of a moderator that is absolutely wrong should never have to happen...

So do you defend the poster boy with the "shoot a moose to move him in the direction you want him to go?" Remember, "Poster of the Year!"
Sitka, who was poster of the year?
I forget his handle over there... Fairbanksian...

He was given lots of really cool prizes supplied by advertisers... But is a clueless putz. He claimed and then defended his claim that he shot moose in various places on the body to make them go where he wanted them to to die...

Thinking "Vince" might be the name?
Sounds right
I won't post there anymore. The owner and mods are the most arrogant, egotistical, knowit all people trying to run a site I've ever seen. More ads than posts. Money making deal for the owner.
I remember a couple years ago, someone posted a pic of a sheep with a prominent mountain in the background. The mod removed the pic with the comment....Oh, you can't put that pic here, everyone will know where your sheep honeyhole is!
I asked a dummy one time if he was a troll? That post was quickly removed.
Posted By: broomd Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/16/13

What if a paid moderator is saying things that could cause people lots of expense and no reward and is demonstrably wrong? It happens almost every time Murphy touches keyboard. He is the ballistics engineer that does not understand simple spin... And yet he gets to edit other posts and run folks off for showing him how exactly wrong he is.

In a conversation I had with Brian he supported Murphy and said he had to know what he was talking about otherwise he would not have made him a mod?!?!?

Like another jewel Murphy posted that he knew there was a transport mechanism that would move salt around in a closed safe. And as proof used the fact trees along beaches get salted...

Telling someone to tone down a statement of simple facts in refutation of a moderator that is absolutely wrong should never have to happen...

So do you defend the poster boy with the "shoot a moose to move him in the direction you want him to go?" Remember, "Poster of the Year!"

I hope Brian is paid for his work there, but to my knowledge no one else is, except maybe ICEBEAR for her work managing the AOD store.

Murphy isn't paid. None of the moderators are, I never was.
Do they take paypal? grin
Posted By: kroo88 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/17/13
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Do they take paypal? grin

Why did that make me laugh?
Posted By: broomd Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/17/13
lol...dunno about that one W4B.
Originally Posted by broomd

I hope Brian is paid for his work there, but to my knowledge no one else is, except maybe ICEBEAR for her work managing the AOD store.

Murphy isn't paid. None of the moderators are, I never was.

In a coversation with Strahan, he told me directly that Murphy was a paid moderator. That is all I know about it. My point was that anything was seriously too much for the quality of the posts...
Yeah, those moderators are a bunch of idiots.

The problem with their management style is it's liberalism in action. You coddle the incompetents and throttle those who are competent. It's a money maker for the owner and his goal is to keep traffic up. If you run off 1 guy who knows what he's doing and keep 9 putzes, you get more traffic and more revenue from adds. And hence most of the forums are best avoided, though a few nuggets can be gleaned now and again.

Mutt is the gift that keeps on giving. I don't think I've ever come across a guide that puts more effort into documenting his incompetence and lack of people skills while at the same time thinking he's gaining clients by getting his name out there.
Posted By: Calvin Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/17/13
Mutt has been on a tear lately. I'm laughing so hard, and the wife is just shaking her head..
It's definitely winter....everyone is getting bored!
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/18/13
I was hit with a 6 point infraction by mr strahan himself for making a rude comment about chickaloon... I guess his daughter lives out there and freaks out when she sees comments about chickaloon... Bushrat has a agenda over there and it's not a good one homerdave is lefty progressive he and bushrat are partners in crime... Strangerinastrangeland was forum member of the year this year found guilty of perjury back in November... As others said thier is a corp group over there that hype up each other egos everyday. Lujon one of the moderators hasn't killed a animal in 5yrs but he is a self professed expert... Boy I could go on and on... I hardly post there when all the left wing liberals showed up on the 2a thread Mainerinak called everyone who owned an AR a domestic terrorist... Bunch of idiots who don't know [bleep]
Posted By: kroo88 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/18/13
Originally Posted by 79S
I was hit with a 6 point infraction by mr strahan himself for making a rude comment about chickaloon... I guess his daughter lives out there and freaks out when she sees comments about chickaloon... Bushrat has a agenda over there and it's not a good one homerdave is lefty progressive he and bushrat are partners in crime... Strangerinastrangeland was forum member of the year this year found guilty of perjury back in November... As others said thier is a corp group over there that hype up each other egos everyday. Lujon one of the moderators hasn't killed a animal in 5yrs but he is a self professed expert... Boy I could go on and on... I hardly post there when all the left wing liberals showed up on the 2a thread Mainerinak called everyone who owned an AR a domestic terrorist... Bunch of idiots who don't know [bleep]

Was just discussing these two with my girlfriend last night.Was researching DM770 in some old threads and ran into one of those nice AOD discussions.
Homerdave was in tears over bears being referred to as "calf-killers" and old Bushy was there wiping his p@$sy.
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/18/13
Yeah you want to see those two go into panic mode mention brown bear snaring [bleep] me they go into defense mode telling everyone how immoral it is brown bears should be held to a higher standard etc... But bushrat is a trapper and has no issues trapping Martin etc. they are against the brown bear snaring in 16b between the mcarthur river and beluga river. There is another fella kotton they parade him around on there shoulders like a sheep hunting king. Majority of them will not over here or accurate cause they cannot handle criticism very well... Like I said I could go on forever I did always look forward to Snowwolfe posts hunting on the Yukon river but I haven't seen one in awhile...
I met some pretty cool guys on the AOD (like you Frank "broomd") over the years, and I spent a lot of time on there from like back in 2003. But I saw a pretty steady change in that forum around 2008 and on as it turned into the online how to for every swinging dick wanting to come to Alaska or having just moved to Alaska. And yeah they have resident know it alls and god forbid you disagree with someone(especially Strahan) cuz they'll moderate you to death. Then you have the ethics police guys that chime in on everything under the sun. Don't miss it and seldom even look over there.
it always amazes me the new guys over there that show up every year, make over 1000 posts & think they know it all. i certainly get a kick out of calvin getting mutt going though....
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/19/13
Or the guy who shoots a sheep and all the sudden they are sheep hunting experts...
Originally Posted by 79S
I did always look forward to Snowwolfe posts hunting on the Yukon river but I haven't seen one in awhile...

Thanks:) But for the same reason many of you mentioned are the same reasons I quit posting hunting trips. Seemed like every time you would try to help others there was always a small handful of people (posers for sure) who lived for arguing with a poster. After each Yukon trip posting I would get into discussions with someone who has not made the trip telling me he didnt need to carry that much gas, or he knew he could buy gas at Galena on the river. Which they stopped about 4-5 years ago. Many experts on that forum and most likely they never even reloaded a round or ever carried out a moose quarter in their life. It just became.....to much of a PITA to try to defend what you post when you were only trying to help guys get started.
How about that poet wannabe Marcus?
Oh [bleep] that assclown there are a few orhers over there trying to use big words to make it look like they full of intellect and the bad part strahan doesn't see it or he is a idiot I'm going with both... He is running that site into the ground... But hey as long as there is enough people over there to pump each other egos up they will be happy.
Posted By: Agoge Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/19/13
Muttley C.F. is an ANGRY PIRATE standing on one leg in from of the Salty
Dog screaming @ the top of his lungs - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by 79S
I did always look forward to Snowwolfe posts hunting on the Yukon river but I haven't seen one in awhile...

Thanks:) But for the same reason many of you mentioned are the same reasons I quit posting hunting trips. Seemed like every time you would try to help others there was always a small handful of people (posers for sure) who lived for arguing with a poster. After each Yukon trip posting I would get into discussions with someone who has not made the trip telling me he didnt need to carry that much gas, or he knew he could buy gas at Galena on the river. Which they stopped about 4-5 years ago. Many experts on that forum and most likely they never even reloaded a round or ever carried out a moose quarter in their life. It just became.....to much of a PITA to try to defend what you post when you were only trying to help guys get started.

Snowwolf, I always enjoyed your posts on AOD on running to the koyukuk. Btw, as of sept 2010 they still ran a gas hose to the shore in Galena...but that is the last time I was there. Did they since stop selling gas to the riverrunners?
I too, am very interested in fuel availability on the Yukon. The local F&G fella has said that fuel is available at Galena but not down to the river? (This is 2nd hand from my pard who called and spoke with him.)

bhtr
I have hunted the Koyukuk 3 times and hunted last fall. Fuel available at the Yukon river bridge, village of Tanana (riverside pump), Ruby has the best price but you have to either carry your cans up to the pump or pay a small fee and use their truck, you pump into a pick up truck with a tank into the back and drive to the river and pump into your boat. Last year Galena had NO fuel river side. Jake used to, but said he had no plans to sell any in the foreseeable future. He would run you to the station with your cans for a fee. Locals were at the ramp to run people from the boat ramp to the store to get fuel. Fuel was almost 8 bucks a gallon in Galena last year. Willing to help if anyone has questions PM me.
Sorry, I said Galena when I should of said Ruby. Ruby used to have gas at the river but that stopped 4-5 years ago. Tanana still has gas on the river and the last trip I made they were still the lowest price.

Galena always had gas at the river but stopped as of last year. Why they stopped I have no idea. Galena was also the most expensive. One little known fact is you can also buy gas at Huslia but you need to time it correctly. Get there to late and they close up. A bottle of hootch will get you a ride. And bring cash, just cash.
Thanks, gents!

bhtr
Posted By: ykrvak Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/19/13
Ruby had to eliminate the "gas at the river" fuel line when they got the new tank farm. I believe it was an EPA DEP type thing. I'll be very surprised if Tanana will have fuel at the river when the time comes and they have to upgrade their fuel facilities. I usually have fuel delivered to my place by barge, but on the occasion I need to run to ruby and fill a couple drums, it's now a major pain in the a$$ compared to just filling up a couple drums sitting in the boat.

Galena's fuel prices are ridiculous when compared to other villages along the river. I generally do everything I can to avoid having to get fuel there.
I use'ta go there all the time,but "work" banned it. I got the boot myself once, when they had the open fourm - some libtard i was chewing on got all bent...besides,after close to 30 years hunting and fishing and boating all over this place.....I found out i did not know anything wink.........lol
Yeah the political forum they had over there in 09 was short lived for sure. There reason for axing it was bullshit.
Posted By: Hudge Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/21/13
I have spent a little time over on AOD in the past, but haven't been there for a while now. A co-worker told me about it, and then others grumbled about it. I prefer this site over AOD anyday, and don't have to put up with PC BS either here.
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/21/13
Yeah the azzclown Marcus over there trying to influence people with his great wordsmith on the 2nd amendment thread...what [bleep] douche
Marcus and taiga are both liberal pukes. They ain't fooling anybody.
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/22/13
Yeah the mods or strahan deleted my post on the thread too... I guess they like keeping him around to give that forum intellect edge they desire... Akhippie is another one as well
Originally Posted by 79S
Yeah the mods or strahan deleted my post on the thread too... I guess they like keeping him around to give that forum intellect edge they desire... Akhippie is another one as well

There are some good people and advice on that forum, though nothing is perfect. The biggest problem with AOD is that this guy is a complete a$$hat turd: Dum poo bag

That place is okay, but with that guy posting, the site has become little more than a big bag of poo.

Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 02/23/13
Lol ok then
Originally Posted by 79S

So, which knuckle dragging [bleep] guzzler are YOU over there little man?
...and we're off!
...And have been, for years....
Actually I'm surprised it took this long for somebody to say something.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Actually I'm surprised it took this long for somebody to say something.

+1
323 is the biggest clown on that site, i've yet to see him offer a piece of advice that is worth following up on. That use to be a good site but the hero worship is sickening. There are still a few good guys there but they are getting few and far between.
I can't [bleep] take that site anymore.

So many douchebags are allowed to carry in with their bullshit, and you can't call them out in it because its so heavily moderated. I feel sorry for the lurker who thinks they're getting real Alaskan advice, when they're just listening to a fat ass has been on his computer in his natural gas heated fully electric house in south Anchorage.

I needed to vent, so thanks.
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I can't [bleep] take that site anymore.

So many douchebags are allowed to carry in with their bullshit, and you can't call them out in it because its so heavily moderated. I feel sorry for the lurker who thinks they're getting real Alaskan advice, when they're just listening to a fat ass has been on his computer in his natural gas heated fully electric house in south Anchorage.

I needed to vent, so thanks.

HAHA you almost had me pegged, but I live in Wasilla not South Anchorage.

Honestly, in my short time on the site it has changed quite a bit. I used to post hunt stories on there and what not, but turned into more trouble than its worth which people questioning my even move stating I didn't follow such and such law or what not. Just like any site there are douche bags, know it alls, and guys that don't post much but do know a lot. Just gotta read between the BS which is getting harder and harder to do over there at times...
You know when Luke starts getting tired of the stuff that goes on over there that things most definitley have changed and not for the better. Too bad, that use to be a fun place to hang out and occasionally meet fellow Alaskans.
I lost me password to the site a couple months ago and never thought it was worth the time to get it. I don't think I've been on the site in a year and I don't miss it one bit.
Posted By: Olaf Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/04/13
I see now AOD has banned discussion of Second Amendment issues. What is it with those people? No discussion of religion, no discussion of politics, and now no discussion of Second Amendment issues.

Yet they continue to allow discussion of controversial topics such as resource and fisheries management.

Strange bunch . .
Posted By: Calvin Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/04/13
There worst fear is that it'll turn into the "Hunters Campfire" here on this site...(grin)

It's a money making operation by the owner.. It's just business.
It sure does not look like their worst fear has anything to do with everyone realizing Murphy is a fraud... He is off on another mission to prove he is clueless...
link?

Don't make me look for it. wink
against my better judgement... it might snap you...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/128104-Pressure-signs/page4
For the life of me, I don't see how that site can even exist. Guess it's because of all of the "Wannabe" Alaskans in the Lower-48 that think it's the nirvana site on all things Alaskan.
Bear in Fairbanks
Posted By: cwh2 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/04/13
It sure does not look like their worst fear has anything to do with everyone realizing Murphy is a fraud... He is off on another mission to prove he is clueless...

How dare you? The man is a Jean-E-Us. He stabilized a 75 Amax from a 12 twist - that's an impressive accomplishment in my book.

I think Murphy is Arts alias when he's bored and wants to troll for idiots.
I'll prolly get banned for posting on the closing of the 2A forum.

Owner sez it was "for business". Bullshit. It reflects his own political beliefs. No socialist likes the light of truth.

Hippie used the simpletons like toilet paper. They just couldn't resist and he closed the forum. Masterful. I even tried to warn those guys. Used like toilet paper.

There is one "administrator" whose had a hardon for me since I joined. I am waiting to see how long my last post will be allowed to appear before being deleted.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

Murphy is no where close to bright enough to be trolling... "Inhale-exhale" is a challenege for him...
Posted By: cwh2 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/04/13

Murphy is no where close to bright enough to be trolling... "Inhale-exhale" is a challenege for him...

Say what you want, but until you can defy the laws of physics and stabilize a 75 A-max in a 12 twist 22-250, he's got you beat. He's done it!
I once mentioned to Art that Murphy is a perfect example of someone who can be fully spun up, but not stabalized.
This thread sure has jumped the shark from yanking chains about draw results, eh?

As to the thread linked, I think Mule Deer needs to get his self some from the "perfessor".
As for Barsness I don't think he has the education or training to make any such judgments about the validity of certain scientific techniques.

Sic 'em John! smile

And the Denton they refer to, is that 'our' Denton?
Posted By: kroo88 Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/05/13
How many points are you allowed before being banned? He just took one of my posts down and gave me four points?

Says he's running a family-oriented forum.....hee,hee
Originally Posted by cwh2

Say what you want, but until you can defy the laws of physics and stabilize a 75 A-max in a 12 twist 22-250, he's got you beat. He's done it!

Yeah, but he only got it to stablize for the first 400 yards or so... AND he had to rechamber a 223 to 22-250 in mid-thread... right after posting about how he had done it with a 223.

Not sure but the claim to have found a force to transport salt around inside a gunsafe gets him the Fantasy Fysics Force Farce Gold medal... He will probably have it bronzed...
Originally Posted by kroo88
How many points are you allowed before being banned? He just took one of my posts down and gave me four points?

Says he's running a family-oriented forum.....hee,hee

All you have to do to get banned is prove to Murph that he is completely wrong. In my case he argued enough to prove he does not begin to understand stability. So he deleted my posts that showed how idiotic he is, edited his own to make him look less the moron (far from completely successful there), and then banned me...

He is a moron and a fraud.
I see where Da Perfessor went with the "you're trying to start a fight" defense.

I got that in a PM one time from him. I'll have THAT bronzed!
Posted By: 79S Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/05/13
The traffic on that site has slowed down in recent yrs... Used to be some good discussions in the hunting forums but over the last 5yrs I think the same old questions have run their course. So hardly any good threads started... I used to post daily not anymore I log on to check pm's that's it, anymore.. I think strahan was worried about the 2d amend sub forum turning into a tinfoil hat hang out spot...
Posted By: Olaf Re: AOD won't ban me.....right? - 04/05/13
Originally Posted by Calvin
There worst fear is that it'll turn into the "Hunters Campfire" here on this site...(grin)

It's a money making operation by the owner.. It's just business.

That says it all. AOD has found a way to make money off the free advice of Alaskans, and the last thing management wants is to disturb that business model. If AOD can be confined to non-controversial topic matter, the money rolls in with a minimum of effort. AOD is like the Chamber of Commerce. If genuine Alaskan community is what people want, AOD ain't the place to get it.

Forum rules over there are a stinking joke . . they say they want comments on ideas but no comments on people. Hell, when something gets controversial, even the moderators there are free to crap on members. And then the [bleep] hits the fan.

No, like has been said, it's strictly business . . keep the forum restricted to free advice contributed by others, little to no moderation needed, and it's a money-making proposition.

There's more fellowship here than there is or ever will be at AOD.
© 24hourcampfire