Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I do dissagree with the evaluation of AOD, that most of you seem to have. It is a forum, just like any other. Maybe not as good as some, but better then others.
I have had a pleasurable response from many--not all, but then again I find the same to be true, even with this forum.
when I needed a hard to find part, for a classic firearm, it was on AOD,that a subscriber sent me said part, free of charge, includein postage! Sure never got a offer, even to buy said part, from any other forum!
A forum is what you, the contributor makes it to be. Yes, I do find A--Holes on AOD, but then, I have found just as many on this forum.
Twink

GB1

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
did the punk, pink me?

For folks that like the 2A, they seem less enthused with the 1A.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
It is damn near impossible to be Banned from AOD. I've tried several times. haha

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes
I do dissagree with the evaluation of AOD, that most of you seem to have. It is a forum, just like any other. Maybe not as good as some, but better then others.

Couldn't agree more. There are good and bad forum folks everywhere. I also belong to both. And if someone is told to tone something down, well why not? Are we on this board to share as a community or to be a reality-tv-biyatch-fest slap event?

If you have something to share, share it. If you have an opinion, state it as so. If you have only negative things to say, follow what your momma told you....

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Man, slow news day fellas?

The AOD is a great forum. If you draw any tag for the state you'd likely be helped with some great info. I know I have. Guys like Jake--Brwnbr there--are great people and have helped me put a great billy on the wall.
I've also shared countless postings to help others.

I lived in Alaska for a long time prior to moving here to Idaho and the AOD was a great source of info.

I was asked to moderate there, and I did for about three years.
We were told to keep things very tight.

I finally hung up the moderator hat with the massive wanton waste caribou slaughter perped by the natives. I realized I didn't actually believe what I was forced to enforce there, opinion-wise. I was fighting a losing battle; plus I was spending countless hours babysitting for zero money and little, if any, appreciation.

That said, it's a great forum worth the time, especially if you are an Alaskan or planning on an adventure there.

edit>>I have to add, Brian_M there (the administrator) is good people!
Dedication is putting it mildly. From a professionalism standpoint, it was a pleasure working with him in the hunting forum.

Last edited by broomd; 02/16/13.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
There are very helpful people there, but some of the adoration reaches a nauseating level.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes they do keep the clamps on a little tight - like the defunct "shortmags" site did years ago. I'm surprised they let the 2A topic go as long as they did! After many pages of "back and forth" it looks like the first page here! shocked
Anyhow, there is some good talk and photos about equipment and cooking. I really enjoy the lengthy sheep hunt stories that some put on there. There is no shortage of things to do up there, that is for sure.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scorpion8

Couldn't agree more. There are good and bad forum folks everywhere. I also belong to both. And if someone is told to tone something down, well why not? Are we on this board to share as a community or to be a reality-tv-biyatch-fest slap event?

If you have something to share, share it. If you have an opinion, state it as so. If you have only negative things to say, follow what your momma told you....

What if a paid moderator is saying things that could cause people lots of expense and no reward and is demonstrably wrong? It happens almost every time Murphy touches keyboard. He is the ballistics engineer that does not understand simple spin... And yet he gets to edit other posts and run folks off for showing him how exactly wrong he is.

In a conversation I had with Brian he supported Murphy and said he had to know what he was talking about otherwise he would not have made him a mod?!?!?

An opinion is one thing, absolutely false "facts" are not opinion.

Like another jewel Murphy posted that he knew there was a transport mechanism that would move salt around in a closed safe. And as proof used the fact trees along beaches get salted...

Telling someone to tone down a statement of simple facts in refutation of a moderator that is absolutely wrong should never have to happen...

So do you defend the poster boy with the "shoot a moose to move him in the direction you want him to go?" Remember, "Poster of the Year!"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sitka, who was poster of the year?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I forget his handle over there... Fairbanksian...

He was given lots of really cool prizes supplied by advertisers... But is a clueless putz. He claimed and then defended his claim that he shot moose in various places on the body to make them go where he wanted them to to die...

Thinking "Vince" might be the name?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sounds right

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I won't post there anymore. The owner and mods are the most arrogant, egotistical, knowit all people trying to run a site I've ever seen. More ads than posts. Money making deal for the owner.
I remember a couple years ago, someone posted a pic of a sheep with a prominent mountain in the background. The mod removed the pic with the comment....Oh, you can't put that pic here, everyone will know where your sheep honeyhole is!
I asked a dummy one time if he was a troll? That post was quickly removed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

What if a paid moderator is saying things that could cause people lots of expense and no reward and is demonstrably wrong? It happens almost every time Murphy touches keyboard. He is the ballistics engineer that does not understand simple spin... And yet he gets to edit other posts and run folks off for showing him how exactly wrong he is.

In a conversation I had with Brian he supported Murphy and said he had to know what he was talking about otherwise he would not have made him a mod?!?!?

Like another jewel Murphy posted that he knew there was a transport mechanism that would move salt around in a closed safe. And as proof used the fact trees along beaches get salted...

Telling someone to tone down a statement of simple facts in refutation of a moderator that is absolutely wrong should never have to happen...

So do you defend the poster boy with the "shoot a moose to move him in the direction you want him to go?" Remember, "Poster of the Year!"

I hope Brian is paid for his work there, but to my knowledge no one else is, except maybe ICEBEAR for her work managing the AOD store.

Murphy isn't paid. None of the moderators are, I never was.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do they take paypal? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Do they take paypal? grin

Why did that make me laugh?

Last edited by kroo88; 02/16/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
lol...dunno about that one W4B.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I hope Brian is paid for his work there, but to my knowledge no one else is, except maybe ICEBEAR for her work managing the AOD store.

Murphy isn't paid. None of the moderators are, I never was.

In a coversation with Strahan, he told me directly that Murphy was a paid moderator. That is all I know about it. My point was that anything was seriously too much for the quality of the posts...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, those moderators are a bunch of idiots.

The problem with their management style is it's liberalism in action. You coddle the incompetents and throttle those who are competent. It's a money maker for the owner and his goal is to keep traffic up. If you run off 1 guy who knows what he's doing and keep 9 putzes, you get more traffic and more revenue from adds. And hence most of the forums are best avoided, though a few nuggets can be gleaned now and again.

Mutt is the gift that keeps on giving. I don't think I've ever come across a guide that puts more effort into documenting his incompetence and lack of people skills while at the same time thinking he's gaining clients by getting his name out there.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Mutt has been on a tear lately. I'm laughing so hard, and the wife is just shaking her head..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's definitely winter....everyone is getting bored!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 34 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,117
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.