Home
Posted By: Ptarmigan ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/13/17
Phugg that rag! Hopefully the new owners put something worth reading on paper now, sans the liberal slant. Alice can spend more time now learning to keep her floatplane outta the trees.
Poor Alice. It'd be a real shame if she crashed again.
http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Al...-has-filed-for-bankruptcy-440124423.html
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/201...-new-publishers-of-alaska-dispatch-news/
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/13/17
Some interesting in depth reporting on Alice's problems

https://craigmedred.news/2017/08/11/bad-news-for-the-news/
Posted By: akjeff Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/13/17
Looks like the new owners are going to be the Fairbanks Binkley's. It'll likely now become a mouthpiece for the tourism industry. I'm sure we'll get to enjoy the same in depth, hard hitting journalism we've come to expect from any of the Alaska news outlets. wink

Jeff
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/13/17
Yup, ADN sucked before Alice, and I expect more of the same from the new owners.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to buy a newspaper in the age of the internet.
I don't know...

[Linked Image]

.... I'm sure if properly applied that.....

[Linked Image]

.... today's hot air will still be keeping the cold air at bay for decades like this stuff has.

(Recently uncovered wall portion of a roofless, and largely wall-less coastal 'roadhouse' cabins in western Alaska revealed this 'premium vapor barrier'. wink )
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/13/17
Binkley is much more conservative than Rogloff. ADN can kiss its feature section on Marijuana and its emphasis on propping up Walker away. Binkleys have a long term connection with the state. Binkley hosts a lot of trappers at his village during the summer. Binkleys are pro development and that should help our state and the newspaper.
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Binkley is much more conservative than Rogloff. ADN can kiss its feature section on Marijuana and its emphasis on propping up Walker away. Binkleys have a long term connection with the state. Binkley hosts a lot of trappers at his village during the summer. Binkleys are pro development and that should help our state and the newspaper.

Heard a Binkley buyer was in it and hoped for the best... I feel better about things.

And especially the part about Alice failing again.
That's cool Klik. Back during a time when newspaper men were beyond reproach and women didn't fly airplanes 😁
Posted By: stevelyn Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/14/17
Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of scumbags. Hopefully, Alice goes away and the new owners schittcan that piece of schitt Dermot Cole.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That's cool Klik. Back during a time when newspaper men were beyond reproach and women didn't fly airplanes 😁

That old cabin where these fragments kept the wind at bay years ago, along with the crumbling dog-kennel cabin adjacent to it, are pretty cool witnesses to a time when things were quite different. I'm not so sure that newspapers were any less biased overall however, and women (and men) were crashing planes even then:

https://cloverfield.org/people/crosson_ma/index.php

Marvel was the sister of one of Alaska's early airmen, Joe Crosson.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/14/17
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Phugg that rag! Hopefully the new owners put something worth reading on paper now, sans the liberal slant. Alice can spend more time now learning to keep her floatplane outta the trees.
And the ocean. Good riddance is all I have to say to that worthless liberal rag, it didn't even make for good butt wipe.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: ADN files for BK....LOL! - 08/14/17
Hummmmmm me thinks binkley is going to run for office again...the dispatch is a tool IMO !
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Hummmmmm me thinks binkley is going to run for office again...the dispatch is a tool IMO !

Good point...
Klik, Definitely a testimony to a different time. For as long as I can remember I've always admired the guys that we're not only able to survive in Alaskas unforgiving environs but thrive there. I still admire the resilient men and women that are able to tame the land enough to scratch out a living. 1916 was about 40 years before my FIL came up and learned to fly bush planes. At 15 his mentor figured he had enough experience to fly the passengers to Kodiak on his own. He did, they lived and for the next 50 years he flew all over the world. It wasn't until the Vietnam war that Air America realized some of their pilots didn't have a pilots license and sent him to Florida to get it. They had him fly "reconnaissance" around Cuba to get the checkout flight done. I like the simpler times.
© 24hourcampfire