Home
Posted By: TNsavageman Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Hey guys my dad and I are looking towards going to Kodiak in November to deer hunt with Jake Jefferson. We are very excited to say the least! We are flying into Kodiak on the 13th, hunting the 15th-22nd, and flying home the 24th. Hopefully that will give us some time to look around a little. I was hoping you guys could give us a recommendation on where to stay during the time we are going to be in town and perhaps some places to eat, stuff to do, or must see stuff? This is my dads first time in Alaska and could be his only trip so we want to make the most of it. I appreciate the help!
Thanks
Eli
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Kodiak Inn, a Best Western I think. On main drag. Eats, try Henry's a few blocks away.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Originally Posted by scottf270
Kodiak Inn, a Best Western I think. On main drag. Eats, try Henry's a few blocks away.

THIS

also, if you like beer, there is a brewery down the road a block that serves only beer- no eats.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Sitka deer has a friend that has started a B&B. It sounded pretty nice.

Are you on foot or renting a car?
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17

Originally Posted by TNsavageman
hunting the 15th-22nd, and flying home the 24th.

Those are good dates for catching the tail end of the rut. Hope you get some big ones. Take lots of photos (if wx allows)
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Good luck.
Posted By: rnovi Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Pray for some snow! It drives the deer out of the mountains and onto the beach. smile.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
A friend has set up a small B&B specifically for hunting and fishing folks... freezer, vacuum packer, cutting table, etc. And it is inexpensive.

Kodiak Island Anglers B&B
Ann (517)861-0423
May thru Sept

John (907)252-2868
Oct thru April

They are out at Bell's Flats which is a short run out of town so a vehicle would be required. There should be incredible dolly fishing in the Russian River which is in walking distance. The dollies will be in spawning colors. The Buskin River is right beside the airport and will have lots of dollies, too.

Without too much effort you should be able to find a good harlequin drake for mounting...
Posted By: TNsavageman Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Hey guys !
Thanks for the recommendations! We are going to be on foot. Getting in some fishing would be fun! have seen pictures of those dollies and that would be a cool fish to catch. We might have to try and come up with something on that. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can see some deer chasing. Snow would be neat for us. It's been a long time since we have had snow in middle Tennessee during deer season.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/26/17
Shelikof Inn the room rate is/was $140 per night There is an airport shuttle available, all you have to do is call the hotel at: 907-486-4141 and they'll pick you up at the airport.
Posted By: WDH Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/27/17
Guided deer hunt? Ditch the guide as its not needed for deer. With the cost savings you can have some real fun on kodiak. A fun drinking game is to take a shot everytime ol jake mentions alaska hunting going to a draw...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/27/17
Originally Posted by WDH
Guided deer hunt? Ditch the guide as its not needed for deer. With the cost savings you can have some real fun on kodiak. A fun drinking game is to take a shot everytime ol jake mentions alaska hunting going to a draw...

Yeah, I bet you have some real dandy bucks you shot...
Posted By: 79S Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/27/17
Originally Posted by WDH

Lol why it's good ol aksagebrush from AOD..
Posted By: WDH Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/27/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy with a trophy room of half curls hahahahahhahahaha
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH

Says the guy with a trophy room of half curls hahahahahhahahaha

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by WDH

Lol why it's good ol aksagebrush from AOD..

At least he is consistent when proving himself an idiot...
Posted By: DownWind Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/27/17
Are either of you active or retired military (including Coast Guard)? If yes, check this out ... www.kodiakmwr.com/guest_house.shtml
Originally Posted by DownWind
Are either of you active or retired military (including Coast Guard)? If yes, check this out ... www.kodiakmwr.com/guest_house.shtml

I have eaten in their dining areas a number of times and it is really a nice set-up... even considering it is a mess hall!
Posted By: KC Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/29/17

I was last in Kodiak in 2014. Then, the best deal for lodging was the Best Western. $105/night for two queen beds. Looks like the price has increased some since then.

Kodiak Lodging

KC
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/29/17
Originally Posted by KC

I was last in Kodiak in 2014. Then, the best deal for lodging was the Best Western. $105/night for two queen beds. Looks like the price has increased some since then.

Kodiak Lodging

KC

There are many very nice B&Bs down there for less and they give you a lot more...
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/30/17
Only place I've spent time there while not on a boat was the St Francis shelter. They had a nice floor. For just a bit of labor you get a meal as well. Your neighbor on the floor may be a bit odd though. Lol.

Best Western did look nice. Good food.

I knew a fella named Tony Jones that had a B&B at his place on the north side of town right on the water. Was a super nice guy. Google him up and see if he and his wife still run it.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 09/30/17
http://www.kodiakbeachsidelodging.com/rental_house.html
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak Island Lodging - 10/01/17
Tony and Annie are good folks... last I saw they were living on a boat down in the harbor and Tony was looking at retiring.
© 24hourcampfire